• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow wtf why don't i have the soundtrack for abyss odyssey? i had the game sitting in my list for like 2 weeks. was it cause i got it as a gift?

Mono

My impressions on Abyss Odyssey:

Great and consistent artstyle
Good combat with the minor annoyance of turning which isnt as bad as many said it was but it is present.
The Soundtrack is amazing
The AI is pretty good
Final Boss is satisfying
but can be cheesed out if you know what move to spam on him and when.

9/10

(OPINIONS MIGHT CHANGE AFTER I TEST COOP AND VS LATER ON)

Well, that was fast! How long is the game?

Eanan

Oh my fuck I hate Uplay

Spent all day downloading the 15gb Watchdogs file...

Forgot to back up the installer before it deleted itself.

Khronico

On topic- it's 80 degrees out and I'm afraid to play games. I just sit and read new articles for hours on end.

It's like 90 right now outside but a mild 76 in my house. Based AC.

Although it doesn't really matter since my laptop has crappy cooling mechanisms.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would assume it's more the fault of Atlus than ACE. Usually it's the publisher that handles those sorts of things.

You may be right, but the ACE employees have developer tags, which means they have Steam Partners access to Abyss Odyssey.

Parsnip

yes you can activate Witcher, well, unless they completely lock it in the next 3 hours >_>

poi-please.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well, that was fast! How long is the game?

I beated the game in 3 hours but I had a friend who beated the game in 2 hours. Its all depending the skill. Some reviewers needed to level up to 40 to beat the game so the difficulty IMO isnt hard but if you try playing it like a button smasher and not blocking and dodging then you will get wrecked. I gotta beat the game with the other 2 characters to get their endings and if it takes me the same amount of time it might be 9 hours to do all runs for me as there might be others who take like 6-8 hours.

rtcn63

It's like 90 right now outside but a mild 76 in my house. Based AC.

I have one of those really old AC units that's heavy, loud, and full of multi-legged creatures. I make it a rule only to bust it out if there's a heatwave or I'm in the process of melting from the inside out. Which is technically right now, but I'm lazy.

Hugstable

Banned
Picked up Volgarr and Luftrausers from the Humble recap sale. Volgarr is so good, it's the ultimate "one more time" video game. Me and my brother are playing it right now and switching off every 3 lives and we keep making it further each turn haha. It seems to be alot like the old arcade game Rastan.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh did I just waste 8 keys on a useless Witcher 3? great...

edit: the witcher 3 in my inventory is still fine btw so... /shrug?

Enco

Played 20 minutes of Edge of Space.

Tutorial is really boring and game feels really unpolished (as expected of an early access game). The presentation isn't very good but the atmosphere on the planet I was on was pretty nice.

The way multiplayer is set up is dumb and after I found a server that works, it asked me to do the tutorial again so I closed.

Don't think there's any objective so if you like exploring you might enjoy it but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it. At least not now.

That being said, I've hardly put time into it so take my opinion with a grain of salt

edit: pretty sure the game has been EA for a really long time so that doesn't look too good to be honest. I would say Starbound seems like the better deal but development is really slow on that too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gerald didn't want you on his adventure.
What a jerk.

you realise I have it, the person that would have won it is fucked theoretically, not me. And like I said, its still fine for now in my inv :/

if I do a new 15min raffle for witcher, will that override the previous entries or just change the time?

liezryou

Witcher 3 is not locked YET, i still have an RU copy in my inventory. Same thing happened with the RU SUB change yesterday, took an hour or so for steam to change it.

JaseC

you realise I have it, the person that would have won it is fucked theoretically, not me. And like I said, its still fine for now in my inv :/

If you managed to buy a ROW gift copy on the cheap then you have nothing to worry about (well, CDPR could lock that down, too, but I assume the RU-specific sub now exists as a compromise).

Witcher 3 is not locked YET, i still have an RU copy in my inventory. Same thing happened with the RU SUB change yesterday, took an hour or so for steam to change it.

Are you sure the delay isn't just related to the notice appearing? What happens when you try to add it to your account (I assume the region-lock error has priority over "You already have this game, stupid")?

Nabs

Picked up Volgarr and Luftrausers from the Humble recap sale. Volgarr is so good, it's the ultimate "one more time" video game. Me and my brother are playing it right now and switching off every 3 lives and we keep making it further each turn haha. It seems to be alot like the old arcade game Rastan.

Nice. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Celsius is demonstrably worse than Fahrenheit and is therefore stupid. There's never going to be a book called Celsius 232, that's for damned sure...

liezryou

Are you sure the delay isn't just related to the notice appearing? What happens when you try to add it to your account (I assume the region-lock error has priority over "You already have this game, stupid")?

No I've had this experience before with valiant hearts, the change is instant and you get that red flag on your gift. Mine is still fine (I don't have the game yet, don't wanna try it).

So yeah, if anyone wants it, probably last chance before region lock is implemented.

got dirt 3 in the humble codemasters pack today.... but didn't realise it was GFWL, and I can't save a profile. Anyone know how to get rid of this junk?

JaseC

No I've had this experience before with valiant hearts, the change is instant and you get that red flag on your gift. Mine is still fine (I don't have the game yet, don't wanna try it).

So yeah, if anyone wants it, probably last chance before region lock is implemented.

I did a little poking around and the copy you have in your inventory is the ROW sub, not the RU sub. Only the latter was region-locked.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Rhaknar, better nuke that Witcher 3 key and do a lighting raffle for it. More region locking shenanigans might happen in the next 2 hours and there's also the possibility that the winner will not get to redeem it immediately. Better be safe than sorry

Rhaknar

anyone knows if I do a 15min raffle for witcher if that will erase the previous entries or just update the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom