• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe If I feed you with free
quality
games, you will stop calling me a scumbag, an asshole and a poor shot. Enjoy the summer Steamgaf

Jawdrop.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish Bethesda would bring back ET:QW to Steam already. It (well, Zenimax) owns the game, unlike the awkward situation that saw Wolf09 enter distribution limbo.

Maybe If I feed you with free
quality
games, you will stop calling me a scumbag, an asshole and a poor shot. Enjoy the summer Steamgaf

You're okay in my book, Sub Zero. I personally am generally against what is probably best called exploiting a promotion. I know that my morals are not the rest of the world's morals, though.

It doesn't matter if some others look down on your specific morals as long as you actually have some and consider them, as opposed to just always doing what is best for you.

Personally, I think since we're all on SteamGAF and not just getting all of our games from PirateBay, I wouldn't expect many, if any, of us to be horrible people :p

Turfster

Personally, I think since we're all on SteamGAF and not just getting all of our games from PirateBay, I wouldn't expect many, if any, of us to be horrible people :p
There's been a few horrible people.
They usually don't last long, though.
Sub Zero is not one of them.
He's good people.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
You're okay in my book, Sub Zero. I personally am generally against what is probably best called exploiting a promotion. I know that my morals are not the rest of the world's morals, though.

It doesn't matter if some others look down on your specific morals as long as you actually have some and consider them, as opposed to just always doing what is best for you.

except Frost - he's just despicable :p

JaseC

Dunno if I can enter or not. I have pretty much all the games excluding the last Wolfenstein, in case of winning can i Take only that game or I'll waste other games I already own? I really don't want to trash some goods titles.-

You won't receive giftable extras of the titles that you already own, no.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Dunno if I can enter or not. I have pretty much all the games excluding the last Wolfenstein, in case of winning can i Take only that game or I'll waste other games I already own? I really don't want to trash some goods titles.-

I'm pretty sure you can't. I expect most people to own the majority of the games in the bundle (Skyrim, Dishonored, the Dooms etc) so it's ok if you enter for Wolf TNO or TESO. Just don't be greedy and enter for the single piece of Dishonored/Skyrim dlc you're missing :p

seems my post ended up lost. here's some games:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-107CCEAB4C8848FB
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-C7DEB96D95D96BB1 - Taken by Blitzhex. 2 entrants total.

t1405703290z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm actually curious to see if my giveaway gets more than 254 entrants, which is my previous record with Witcher 3. Should be hard since the W3 giveaway happened during the summer sale

Kifimbo

I'm actually curious to see if my giveaway gets more than 254 entrants, which is my previous record with Witcher 3. Should be hard since the W3 giveaway happened during the summer sale

Also, several people won't enter because they have some/many of the games in that bundle.

Still, great stuff.

JaseC

Right...but looking at it, it doesn't look as good as Metro:Last Light, which is like 14GB. Have they just not bothered to compress anything?

Much the opposite, in fact. Generally speaking, textures in modern games max out at 8k by 8k and are repeated throughout a level, whereas id Tech 5 games feature no texture repetition at all. It's a double-edged sword: by covering levels with a single super-huge texture you've greater artistic variety with a comparatively smaller memory footprint at the cost of file size, the total of which must remain within a reasonable ballpark. Wolf14 fares better than Rage as far as texture detail/sharpness is concerned, but not by much since the game has far more content yet had to fit on a 50GB BD (roughly twice the size of Rage).

Well if there are a lot of people like me, no.

I am not entering because I'd only really want maybe one game, so I would feel super bad for wasting the rest when it could go to someone who would get a ton of games from it.

rtcn63

Of that bundle, I only own base Skyrim and base Dishonored.
Would be fair to enter?

He seems a'ight wit it. I own exactly none of the games, I'm in.

I expect most people to own the majority of the games in the bundle (Skyrim, Dishonored, the Dooms etc) so it's ok if you enter for Wolf TNO or TESO. Just don't be greedy and enter for the single piece of Dishonored/Skyrim dlc you're missing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom