• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuzz inspired me and I liked both of these games.

Transistor and Shovel Knight Giveaway

Based Dupy! :bows:

join the rest of VitaGAF who already did...

another MB without Wolfenstein and Divinity

Back to Destiny

Nope.

For me please? <3

Sorry. $400 buys a lot of games on Steam. Whether they be for my own account or for others.

Maybe when there's a price drop and Bloodborne is out so I can get some impressions/reviews.

I would jump on this so hard if I was in the states. Sadly I'm a maple syrup sucking Canuck.

That's Thanks for the laugh!

it's worth it for the exclusives...
(and it was an early graduation present from mom)

What exclusives? Bloodborne is really the only thing on my radar at the moment.

Me too? If so, roughly how much would shipping be for 6 3DS games? I live in Toronto.

Shipping isn't that bad -- he'd probably have to use Priority one rate to do it though, because 6 3DS games is going to weigh more than 13oz for 1st class.

If I had to guess, I'd say 7-12 bucks, maybe, for VA to Toronto?

*Modbot PM's you an Iggy Azalea .gif*

Sadly, this GIF is one I haven't seen in this thread lately. :(

wilflare

Based Dupy! :bows:

Nope.

Sorry. $400 buys a lot of games on Steam. Whether they be for my own account or for others.

Maybe when there's a price drop and Bloodborne is out so I can get some impressions/reviews.

:( just get it when you can. it's a good system :)
got it to play inFamous (sorry... but I just really like the series) and I can't wait to play TLoU Remastered hehe

EDIT: i meant to say get it when the games that appeal to you arrive :)

:( just get it when you can. it's a good system :)
got it to play inFamous (sorry... but I just really like the series) and I can't wait to play TLoU Remastered hehe

Fair enough.
I'd be curious to see TLoU @ 60fps, but I don't know if that would be good or not... maybe once you get used to it.

Knurek

Just wrapped up third season of Sam & Max.
Best Telltale game I've played, and that does include TWD S1 and (sorry Jawmuncher) Jurassic Park. Story, pacing, puzzle design, conversations, jokes... Everything was top notch. I'd even venture the game looks better than their latest games, from what I've seen of ToBordomlands, TWAU and TWDS2.

It's also amazing just how much variety in gameplay Telltale managed to fit in, without resorting to inane car driving minigames - second episode stands out here since it has a non-linear structure, with 4 chronologically oriented film reels (chapters) you can switch at will. Third episode starts with a Phoenix Wright interrogation like sequence (the Noir responses... my sides...). Toys of Power concept certainly helps here...

The only bad thing about the game is that for the player to understand... just about anything, requires playing the previous two seasons. Which are early Telltale work and rate from 'decent' to 'meh'.

Honestly, one of the better PnC games available on Steam. Worth even the inflated price Telltale asks for it (and should be a no-brainer during 75% off promotion). Took about 15.5 hours to complete all five episodes.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea abyss odyssey is definitely one of my favorite games this year, i won't pretend i'm very good at it but it's enough i can peak at all its depth and grab what i like which i'm really enjoying

trying to get all the achievements now but i'm not a big fan of grinding so i'll probably cool down a bit until there's more community progress. i've beaten it like 7 times already so i think i've done my share for the cause

if nightmare mode gives you increased experience that'd be pretty cool for powerleveling and getting those high level achievements

Just wrapped up third season of Sam & Max.
Best Telltale game I've played, and that does include TWD S1 and (sorry Jawmuncher) Jurassic Park. Story, pacing, puzzle design, conversations, jokes... Everything was top notch. I'd even venture the game looks better than their latest games, from what I've seen of ToBordomlands, TWAU and TWDS2.

It's also amazing just how much variety in gameplay Telltale managed to fit in, without resorting to inane car driving minigames - second episode stands out here since it has a non-linear structure, with 4 chronologically oriented film reels (chapters) you can switch at will. Third episode starts with a Phoenix Wright interrogation like sequence (the Noir responses... my sides...). Toys of Power concept certainly helps here...

The only bad thing about the game is that for the player to understand... just about anything, requires playing the previous two seasons. Which are early Telltale work and rate from 'decent' to 'meh'.

Honestly, one of the better PnC games available on Steam. Worth even the inflated price Telltale asks for it (and should be a no-brainer during 75% off promotion). Took about 15.5 hours to complete all five episodes.

I have literally nothing but good things to say about Sam And Max. Hell, its why i got GameTap back when they were exclusive.

wilflare

Fair enough.
I'd be curious to see TLoU @ 60fps, but I don't know if that would be good or not... maybe once you get used to it.

never played the game before. was holding out for the PS3 GOTY w all the DLCs but I guess I'll just play the PS4 version instead.

I just wish I can play my PS3 backlog on the PS4. I'm loving the share features :(

Phoenix I can get them for you if you want and ship it to you. My offer also extend to any GAF outside of the US:)

I'm missing Disney Magical World and Mario Party from that list...

Ventara

Shipping isn't that bad -- he'd probably have to use Priority one rate to do it though, because 6 3DS games is going to weigh more than 13oz for 1st class.

If I had to guess, I'd say 7-12 bucks, maybe, for VA to Toronto?

That sounds pretty reasonable. Would that be shipping in a box, or just an envelope?

Anyways, the 6 I was thinking of were

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island
Mario Party: Island Tour
Mario Golf: World Tour
Tomodachi Life
Pokemon Y

I definitely want Kirby and Yoshi, but the other 4 are just for collection. Gotta think about this. Told myself I wouldn't buy games just to collect, but this is a pretty good deal that I probably won't get again soon.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That sounds pretty reasonable. Would that be shipping in a box, or just an envelope?

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island
Tomodachi Life
Pokemon Y

I definitely want Kirby and Yoshi, but the other 4 are just for collection. Gotta think about this. Told myself I wouldn't buy games just to collect, but this is a pretty good deal that I probably won't get again soon.
As a new 3DS owner, I wanted to pick up a few games. But honestly, other than Zelda, I don't have time for much others. I got Kirby just because it was free. Don't overspend if you know you won't play. IMO.

Articalys

reyduLN.jpg
Pretty much how many of us feel, I imagine.

Ventara

As a new 3DS owner, I wanted to pick up a few games. But honestly, other than Zelda, I don't have time for much others. I got Kirby just because it was free. Don't overspend if you know you won't play. IMO.

Yeah, depending on the shipping, I think I'll just go with Kirby/Yoshi.

yea abyss odyssey is definitely one of my favorite games this year, i won't pretend i'm very good at it but it's enough i can peak at all its depth and grab what i like which i'm really enjoying

trying to get all the achievements now but i'm not a big fan of grinding so i'll probably cool down a bit until there's more community progress. i've beaten it like 7 times already so i think i've done my share for the cause

if nightmare mode gives you increased experience that'd be pretty cool for powerleveling and getting those high level achievements

The only really high level one is having to capture a level 40 enemy, isn't it? I've only beaten the game twice and I'm not missing a lot of achievements. :\

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island
Tomodachi Life
Pokemon Y

Listen to this song before the rest of Yoshi's New Island's OST is ruined for you because of that one awful piece of trash track.

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island
Tomodachi Life
Pokemon Y

I was a little off. Estimating a weight of just under 2 pounds, it looks like he could ship to Canada using first class international for just under $15 if he printed his label for the box online.

Using priority would run just under $20.

Shadownet

Banned

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island
Tomodachi Life
Pokemon Y

goddamn you for making me get out of bed and search for shipping fee.

Just kidding :p I'm happy to do it.

zkylon

zkylewd
The only really high level one is having to capture a level 40 enemy, isn't it? I've only beaten the game twice and I'm not missing a lot of achievements. :\
yea i've been jumping between dudes and i have both ladies at around 33

i need to capture a 25 and a 40. i know violinist is 40 but dunno about 25s

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I was going to say the games were pulled earlier in the year, but I was thinking of Wallace & Gromit. There are too many duos on Steam. :p

So what is left for the Steam Quakecon Sale? Quake only?

Elder Scrolls.

yea i've been jumping between dudes and i have both ladies at around 33

i need to capture a 25 and a 40. i know violinist is 40 but dunno about 25s

well, Paganini would fulfill both, I think it would stack.
if you want to knock it out before you can get him, go fight and capture the RE4 Merchant.

Ventara

Is it that bad? Or is it a situation where the bad music plays during a bad segment of the game, compounding the effect? What's the song, anyways?

I was a little off. Estimating a weight of just under 2 pounds, it looks like he could ship to Canada using first class international for just under $15 if he printed his label for the box online.

Using priority would run just under $20.

Yeah, $20 sounds good for 6 games. Just wondering if I should just get 2 or 6.

goddamn you for making me get out of bed and search for shipping fee.

Just kidding :p I'm happy to do it.

Thanks again man. You're awesome!

zkylon

zkylewd
You're so wanton, zky. :eek:
girl, that's just how we roll in argieland

well, Paganini would fulfill both, I think it would stack.
if you want to knock it out before you can get him, go fight and capture the RE4 Merchant.
paganini is violin dude i reckon? well it's still long aways at 40 anyways

i'd like to eat merchant too since he looked fun last time i punched him

i'm actually missing a ton of guys, i would've thought that after so many playthroughs i would've eaten more demons

btw i totally think the demon eating combination should be pressing both analogue sticks rather than that weird x+y thing that never goes off correctly. i love when games make you press both analogue sticks

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is it that bad? Or is it a situation where the bad music plays during a bad segment of the game, compounding the effect? What's the song, anyways?

You just had to ask.

That's probably the worst track on the OST. It's sort of like that one Sanic track in that both sound like terrible garbage.

The other main problem is that most of the songs on that OST are just variations of the main theme over and over again, so it gets shit on a lot. Some of the songs aren't that bad though, but you can really tell why a lot of people hate the game's OST in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom