• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Guys, can anyone here that's played the finale of The Wolf Among Us answer a question for me in as non-spoiler a way as possible?

Is there any nudity in this episode?

I ask because I'm at the PC right next to my kids watching TV.

none

edit: damn, beaten

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No, but there are some gory scenes.

Not this one, no.

Alright, thanks guys. My kids are honestly old enough to handle that sort of thing (15 and 17), but my wife does not approve. As for the gore, they're currently watching Supernatural and I'm sure The Wolf Among Us is probably about on par with that.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The new Enhanced Steam update is great. I love watching the progress bar fill up.
Maybe I'm easily abused.

While we are all quite thankful to jshackles for making Enhanced Steam and helping us all out, are you sure you want to so easily... I mean so freely offer yourself like that? Actually what do I know, maybe he can use feathers to tickle, that would accomplish either spelled with a b or a m.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I bought Max: The Curse of Brotherhood to make sure I pass the Capcom test that Microsoft is running on us, but it's pretty mediocre so far. The visuals are pretty underwhelming in a post Trine 2 world and the mechanics don't feel very polished.

Plz give me Halo or Gears ports.

Oublieux

OMG! you yay! you need to play Wolf and so we can talk about it :3!!

Shadownet, Steam's timing is impeccable... just when I really wanted to get Wolf Among Us, it goes on sale, haha. I snatched it up. Going to hunker down and play a bit tonight! SO excited for the fairy tale aspect.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gearbox making a MOBA is probably the most fitting thing that's happened in gaming recently.

nbnt you fabulous person!
jjxiQNrQxY6Ck.png

If he is in the US gore is okay, no boobs though.
lol

Jawmuncher

I bought Max: The Curse of Brotherhood to make sure I pass the Capcom test that Microsoft is running on us, but it's pretty mediocre so far. The visuals are pretty underwhelming in a post Trine 2 world and the mechanics don't feel very polished.

Plz give me Halo or Gears ports.

Got it for free and had no interest in playing it.
Reading your light impressions my interest is even less now.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet, Steam's timing is impeccable... just when I really wanted to get Wolf Among Us, it goes on sale, haha. I snatched it up. Going to hunker down and play a bit tonight! SO excited for the fairy tale aspect.

DUDE! you should have gotten it from Dunder! it's like $7! so much cheaper than Steam.

Grief.exe

SteamDB updates for Dark Souls 1 and 2 just now, they added a new group called 'Sortas.'

Sorta - Dark Souls
Sorta - Dark Souls 2
Sorta - Witcher 1
Sorta - Thief 1

I wonder if this is to fix games that are out of place in your Steam library.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I gave Max: The Curse of Brotherhood a fair shot, mostly redeeming it to play with my daughter and I don't think we got past 20 minutes before she asked me to play something else.

It's not a bad game, it just doesn't seem to be at all interesting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SteamDB updates for Dark Souls 1 and 2 just now, they added a new group called 'Sortas.'

Sorta - Dark Souls
Sorta - Dark Souls 2
Sorta - Witcher 1
Sorta - Thief 1

I wonder if this is to fix games that are out of place in your Steam library.

It is, and it's currently working in the new Steam beta.

jshackles <3 you and your family have good taste.

Supernatural and The Wolf Among Us.

My daughter (17) is a huge Supernatural fangirl. She's resolved to spend the summer re-watching every episode.

pahamrick

All this positive buzz for The Wolf Among Us means I'll be playing episodes 3-5 tomorrow. Should be fun!

Just started re-reading my issues of Fables. Still amazing.

Salsa

can anyone confirm that I can grab Deponia Complete Journey for that price in like 2 months from now

otherwise i'll get farming, going away for a few days soon

ModBot said:
Instructions for the_firewithin:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Deponia The Complete Journey -- MB-3F5FAD933DE8D5A2 - Taken by Oublieux. 68 entrants total.

t1404874827z1.png

quoting for a new page!

I gave Max: The Curse of Brotherhood a fair shot, mostly redeeming it to play with my daughter and I don't think we got past 20 minutes before she asked me to play something else.

It's not a bad game, it just doesn't seem to be at all interesting.
I liked the first game much much more than Curse of the Brotherhood. Dunno why they took the direction they did.

While we are all quite thankful to jshackles for making Enhanced Steam and helping us all out, are you sure you want to so easily... I mean so freely offer yourself like that? Actually what do I know, maybe he can use feathers to tickle, that would accomplish either spelled with a b or a m.
Dangit autocorrect I meant amused. I feel dumb.

Probably not worth posting but these expire soon so, I have the following coupons:
50% off Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call
66% off The Bridge
66% off Zombie Driver HD
66% off Postal
66% off Spectraball
75% off Psychonauts
75% off Radical Roach Deluxe
75% off Return to Mysterious Island

You can have them for free, or cards if you want to give me cards.

Sorry if this is an annoying post. I have not kept up with this community.

Jawmuncher

can anyone confirm that I can grab Deponia Complete Journey for that price in like 2 months from now

otherwise i'll get farming, going away for a few days soon

Yes the deal is for awhile.
So if you own them you're set. If you're trying to buy it off someone, then it just depends on if they make it region restricted.

I'll probably be one of the first few SteamGAF members to play it when it come out :) if you guys wanna wait for my short review to see if its worth buying then please give me a day. I'll post some short impression of it. if you do like it. please head over to your nearest "Russian Bear" Liezryou and DunderHassan and get your copy :D

btw more Payday 2 tonight? maybe?

I think on balance, I liked TWAU more than The Walking Dead, aside from the latter's ending of course. I really enjoyed it's atmosphere and setting, plus the general detective story. It's a shame it was marred by that development issues that Telltale had during it, plus I think the engine needs upgraded.

Shadownet

Banned
It is, and it's currently working in the new Steam beta.

My daughter (17) is a huge Supernatural fangirl. She's resolved to spend the summer re-watching every episode.

Lol i wish I have time for that. but SteamGAF is taking up all my time :D hahaha she got a cool guy for a father though. I wish my dad could say he developed Enhanced Steam!

Jawmuncher

I think on balance, I liked TWAU more than The Walking Dead, aside from the latter's ending of course. I really enjoyed it's atmosphere and setting, plus the general detective story. It's a shame it was marred by that development issues that Telltale had during it, plus I think the engine needs upgraded.

Game of Thrones I hope has a new engine.
Would be a great game to do that with. Since if the story is written well. That could easily be another TWD in terms of popularity.

Link Man

Banned
Started playing Arkham Asylum, this game is so good. I just love sneaking around, doing silent takedowns or hanging thugs from gargoyles, grappling around the environment, it's just so much fun. Just finished the Scarecrow encounter, that was fun.

Started playing Arkham Asylum, this game is so good. I just love sneaking around, doing silent takedowns or hanging thugs from gargoyles, grappling around the environment, it's just so much fun. Just finished the Scarecrow encounter, that was fun.

The game only gets better from there. And Arkham Origins is probably the best of the Arkham games so far. The detective stuff is so much better in it then the other two games.

jshackles

I've updated Enhanced Steam for Mozilla Firefox to version 6.4:

• Added a progress bar to the header that indicates if Enhanced Steam is processing requests
  • Added a "lightbox" effect to app page screenshots
  • Added a list of friends that own a game on the "friends that play" page
  • Increased Early Access detection speed (thanks henryg!)
  • Fixed the number of API requests to conform with Valve's throttling limits
  • Fixed a bug that caused PCGamingWiki links not to show correctly
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes the altered greenlight banner would not show correctly
The plugin should update automatically based on your browser's extension settings. As always, please let me know if you run into any issues.

Hugstable

Banned
I'll probably be one of the first few SteamGAF members to play it when it come out :) if you guys wanna wait for my short review to see if its worth buying then please give me a day. I'll post some short impression of it. if you do like it. please head over to your nearest "Russian Bear" Liezryou and DunderHassan and get your copy :D

btw more Payday 2 tonight? maybe?

I'll probably be down a bit later. Might jump in CS:GO for like 2 games and see if I get any drops, then I'm either down for Payday 2 or Dark Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom