• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relax.MX

Im the only or Stealth Bastard Deluxe is great? very good puzzle :) since Blocks That Matter I dont having so much fun with a puzzle

-MD-

Finishing up Shovel Knight right now and then gonna work on some more Banner Saga.

So good.

Indignate

Really digging Shadow Run Returns. Decided to be a Decker. Kinda regret my choice in some regards. Still, I love these types of games. Love the setting and I like the turn based combat.

The Deckers get to go into the Matrix though. It made me wish that I had some decking abilities because I could only send in dudes I hired with their preconfigured skills that weren't as good as mine would have been.

wilflare

my heart goes out to BrazilGAF
I woke up and saw my twitter feed full of WorldCup news
BRA 1
GER MANY

but nothing tops the following ad from my own country
Singapore's National Council on Problem Gambling - this was the first ad most Singaporeans saw during the half-time in the BRA vs GER match

NCPG-banner.jpg

talk about unfortunate marketing...

---

I sure hope the Humble Bundle includes BL2 as the next unlock

Trejik

Even more Wolf Among Us spoilers:
OMG YES. I was so happy when he turned into the actual Big Bad Wolf as his final form!! The gorilla werewolf was just weird and didn't fit with the fable. AWW YEAAAHH

It actually totally fits with the
Fable. If you check the Fables encyclopedia thing, it mentions how after the exodus Bigby roamed Europe until Snow tracked him down and cut him with a lychanthropy infused blade to give him werewolf powers, letting him switch between Human and Werewolf (werewolf is what he becomes twice in the game) and it seems he can go full on wolf as well. Also seems to be a reference to "Werewolf in Paris".) Pretty cool how they explain it.

Serious question time -

If I buy a new video card, and get one of those Nvidia Watch Dog vouchers, ModBot can delegate that through a giveaway, right?

Ventara

Im the only or Stealth Bastard Deluxe is great? very good puzzle :) since Blocks That Matter I dont having so much fun with a puzzle

Nah, you're not the only one. It's a pretty good puzzler. Love the stealth/action aspect. Makes it a little more interesting.

Link Man

Banned
The game only gets better from there. And Arkham Origins is probably the best of the Arkham games so far. The detective stuff is so much better in it then the other two games.

Still waiting on a GOTY or Complete edition before I jump into buying Origins. I do have City as well, though, so I have plenty of Batman to play until that happens.

Just how long is Asylum, though? Says I'm only 10% complete right now.

I still need to get back to Shovel Knight, kinda neglected it for a few days. I'm starting to get into Hearthstone, god help me. Only done the beginner type stuff, unlocking the characters and stuff. While not really familiar with card games, but I could see myself getting into this if I'm not completely dreadful.

Mono

It actually totally fits with the
Fable. If you check the Fables encyclopedia thing, it mentions how after the exodus Bigby roamed Europe until Snow tracked him down and cut him with a lychanthropy infused blade to give him werewolf powers, letting him switch between Human and Werewolf (werewolf is what he becomes twice in the game) and it seems he can go full on wolf as well. Also seems to be a reference to "Werewolf in Paris".) Pretty cool how they explain it.

Oh, that's awesome! I need to go back and read those fable entries; I only read a few of them.

Sober

I'm really dreading that reveal. I will have to play it because I need more GOT, but I will hate myself for accepting subpar visual design after the orgasmic HBO production.
I'm sure it'll be alright. Not amazing, but just good enough. As long as they use the same colour tones and hues the show has, that's all I really want to see them do.

and then people can continue complaining about how their choices don't matter

I sure hope the Humble Bundle includes BL2 as the next unlock

I'd put long odds on that. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some combination of Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den/Duke Nukem Forever/Borderlands 1 GOTY. Extreme long odds on putting the BShock Infinite Season Pass at the $20 tier.

Trejik

Thread moves FAST.

Hopefully there's at least something there you'll like.
There's a couple bands, but nothing super exciting. I actually like Imagine Dragons, and they cancelled, which sucked the life out of me. But there's still some stuff.

Why not just say "No interest?"
Would the friends be mad at you for not liking something they like?

They actually don't like the lineup too much either, but they're all going to share the camping trip and be together on a mountaintop with decent music, which is cool, but I'm just not feeling it honestly. We're all really really close for about 6 years, and it felt wrong saying no when they begged me to go for like two months.

What dumb music festival?

Bilbao BBK Live, here in the north of Spain. I went two years ago and it was amazing, but the lineup was incredible. This time it's meh, OK.

Jawmuncher

I think Borderlands 2 is way more likely to appear than BL1 GOTY, because of all the darn DLC Borderlands 2 has.

Would be an interesting way for them to try and get people to buy DLC individually. Though anyone smart enough would know to just wait and buy the BL2 GOTY on sale. Even if it is a bit redundant.

Miletius

Pumped to finish up TWAU tonight. My girlfriend and I are getting ready to couch it together after dinner. Guess Heroes of the Storm will have to wait.

I'm sure it'll be alright. Not amazing, but just good enough. As long as they use the same colour tones and hues the show has, that's all I really want to see them do.

Yeah, this is going to be a pretty weird situation to be in story wise. Obviously, we cannot have a story that directly impacts the actual story, which brings to mind a peasant tale or hedge knight or something like that. However, people will be disappointed by this idea if the story doesn't really mean much itself in the Song of Ice and Fire or the Game of Thrones, so it's a really delicate position to be in really. Due to the nature of different choices and endings, even with the illusion of choice, could a prequel story really work? TWAU was a prequel (wasn't it?) and it did work out well, but it'll be weird with ASoIaF's vast world and such.

I highly doubt we'll get anything that can match the political intrigue in the world of Westeros, which I think will disappoint many people. Also, I doubt that Telltale, talented though they are, can really bring us the likes of Charles Dance and Dinklage.

Still waiting on a GOTY or Complete edition before I jump into buying Origins. I do have City as well, though, so I have plenty of Batman to play until that happens.

Just how long is Asylum, though? Says I'm only 10% complete right now.

Getting everything can take a little bit of time. I think my first play through I was adamant about getting all of The Riddler trophies before I finished the game so going back and forth it took me about 15 hours, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Alright, thanks guys. My kids are honestly old enough to handle that sort of thing (15 and 17), but my wife does not approve. As for the gore, they're currently watching Supernatural and I'm sure The Wolf Among Us is probably about on par with that.
What a great dad you are!
And old :p

I think Borderlands 2 is way more likely to appear than BL1 GOTY, because of all the darn DLC Borderlands 2 has.
No, no, no.. think positive. It's going to be Civilization V Complete Edition. Yes, yes it is.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
7hjUGjx.png

based ninty points

whatchu got steam

Too bad they gave it away a while ago so I already have it. Picked up Paper Mario a long time ago too, so nothing for me this month. I'm hoping that the Platinum Rewards will be really good this year, followed by stuff I actually want to spend coins on.

Bilbao BBK Live, here in the north of Spain. I went two years ago and it was amazing, but the lineup was incredible. This time it's meh, OK.

The Prodigy always put on a crazy high-energy live show. Frank Turner is also great live and tons of fun. And i'm not a fan of Foster the People but I liked their set at Coachella this year. Friday looks pretty solid!

bacon-bits

Neo Member
Did anyone enjoy Lifeless Planet? I mentioned it in the other thread but it was lost in the shuffle. I thought it was great.

Parsnip

I've updated Enhanced Steam for Mozilla Firefox to version 6.4:

• Added a progress bar to the header that indicates if Enhanced Steam is processing requests
  • Added a "lightbox" effect to app page screenshots
  • Added a list of friends that own a game on the "friends that play" page
  • Increased Early Access detection speed (thanks henryg!)
  • Fixed the number of API requests to conform with Valve's throttling limits
  • Fixed a bug that caused PCGamingWiki links not to show correctly
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes the altered greenlight banner would not show correctly
The plugin should update automatically based on your browser's extension settings. As always, please let me know if you run into any issues.

You are the boss, boss.

Hugstable

Banned
Screw it, I'm going for another O&S Dark Souls run right now. I've put it off for 3 days now even though I keep saying I'm going back. Wish me luck. I'ma try to beat him within the next hour or 2. If not I'm eating dinner and chilling on Payday 2 til tomorrow.

Link Man

Banned
Getting everything can take a little bit of time. I think my first play through I was adamant about getting all of The Riddler trophies before I finished the game so going back and forth it took me about 15 hours, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Yeah, it's definitely got that Metroid completionist hook to it, I've noticed areas I can't get to yet with Riddler trophies behind them.

Hugstable

Banned
7hjUGjx.png

based ninty points

whatchu got steam

I actually really like the updated mechanics in that version. Makes the platforming much easier. One of the very few games that actually gets easier as you beat each world.

Edit: The club nintendo store is dying :(. Not much physical goodies in there anymore

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

They have the perfect excuse: all men must die.

Mono

I'm only up to part 3 but yeah it's really good. I enjoy it more than I did with Walking Dead 1. Looking to finish Wolfie this month for sure.

I just finished TWAU but I'm playing through the first Walking Dead game.

The Walking Dead seems to make a lot more sense with the game's format of forcing you to make decisions quickly and then making you regret your decisions later, but The Wolf Among Us held my interest WAY better.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
[]http://i.imgur.com/7hjUGjx.png[/IMG]

based ninty points

whatchu got steam

I just got that myself, or at least will once the eShop stops giving me an error message. I hope this talk of improved control system and improved floating down really has improved the game's playability like reviews state.

However while that will be good most likely, Metal Torrent is rather a disapointment compared to Steam's offer of Crimzon Clover

Trejik

The Prodigy always put on a crazy high-energy live show. Frank Turner is also great live and tons of fun. And i'm not a fan of Foster the People but I liked their set at Coachella this year. Saturday looks pretty solid!

I feel like all of The Prodigy blurs into the same song, which I highly dislike. I'm a fan of Foster and I've heard they're amazing live. Honestly, never listened to Frank Turner, so now I know what I'm listening to during the 6 hour bus tomorrow. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom