• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, can anyone here that's played the finale of The Wolf Among Us answer a question for me in as non-spoiler a way as possible?

Is there any nudity in this episode?

I ask because I'm at the PC right next to my kids watching TV.

No.

But there's some gruesome violence.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So according to Depressurizer I don't have anything uncategorized and no "Games" category, yet when opening Steam I have several items under "Games"... oh so very annoying D:<

Waaiiiit a minute...
lol!

is this the new Im in tears
Wasn't it "I'm actually in tears"?

yes. and i know your birthday! prepare!
To be fair, it's not like he doesn't post it anywhere or change it's Steam username to "Salsa - it's mah birthday" when it's his birthday :p

EVERYTHING IS MOBA
EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU HAVE 5-MAN TEAMS
EVERYTHING IS MOBA
WHEN YOU'RE JUNGLING YOUR DREAM
rockclap.gif

Alright, thanks guys. My kids are honestly old enough to handle that sort of thing (15 and 17), but my wife does not approve. As for the gore, they're currently watching Supernatural and I'm sure The Wolf Among Us is probably about on par with that.
That is... weird, they are certainly old enough.

Grief.exe

Are there any screens for telltale's GOT game yet? If they use that cartoony graphics... sigh.

I haven't played it, but their Jurassic Park game goes for a slightly more realistic style while using the same engine.
The comic book style for Borderlands, Wolf, and Walking Dead makes more sense for those particular series, but not for Game of Thrones.

GF thinks my steam account is cool cause she assumes im gonna let her kid play it

lolololnope

HAHAHAHAHA scumbag Salsa

That's awesome.

Grief.exe said:
Send her a copy of Borderlands 2, she will get the message.

That you find her bland and boring overall, no substance.

I seriously might do this - Gift her a game with a breakup note attached to it.

Game of Thrones I hope has a new engine.
Would be a great game to do that with. Since if the story is written well. That could easily be another TWD in terms of popularity.

Borderlands as well would benefit from it. Graphically, Borderlands 2 was pretty nice looking and I think was quite good under the hood (on PC at least), so I would like seeing that benefitting too. Borderlands' art style will definitely translate well to Telltale's art style, though I'm curious as to how Game of Thrones will look in the Telltale style. Not read any comic adaptation of them so I'm curious as to how it will look.

Mono

Hello, new thread! \o/ Man, these are still moving fast!

I just finished the final episode of The Wolf Among Us. WOW.

SPOILERS:
I wanted to go after the crooked man, but accidentally followed Georgie and Vivian during that awesome chase scene. I'm thinking that following them is unavoidable, though, because it seems things would be way different if you weren't given the option to kill Georgie.

I ended up killing Georgie to put him out of his misery and killing the Crooked Man the third time you're given the chance to, when he resists being thrown down the well. I kind of regret doing that, especially when Narissa talks to you at the end of the game...

Really great finale to a really great game!

Started playing Arkham Asylum, this game is so good. I just love sneaking around, doing silent takedowns or hanging thugs from gargoyles, grappling around the environment, it's just so much fun. Just finished the Scarecrow encounter, that was fun.
Arkham Asylum <3
Such a good game, and definitely my favourite of the four Arkham games, and the scarecrow encounters are definitely the highlight of the game, some of them are my most memorable experiences from last gen, hope you enjoy the rest of it!

Jawmuncher

Jurassic Park was such a good TT game.
Hope they try that series again if Jurassic World proves highly succesful.
People hate on it but it's what brought us TWD in the first place.

holy cow ... someone stop him before he does any more damage!! :p

Not even Jestream Sam could stop nbnt:

senator-armstrong-vs-sam-indestructible-2-o.gif

Shadownet

Banned
Nah, give him enough names to make his initials be NBNT.

any recommendation?

I like Nathan. well its also my middle name.

I actually did! So glad as it winds up being cheaper than the overall price during the summer sale.

good man :D tell me what you think of it later!

I'll probably be down a bit later. Might jump in CS:GO for like 2 games and see if I get any drops, then I'm either down for Payday 2 or Dark Souls.

sweet. give me time to play Episode 5 of Wolf. then we can rob some more banks!

Sky Chief

I posted a raffle this morning but the person who won was already gifted the game by the time they got the PM. Now I am trying to nuke it and repost. I put "nuke" in the subject line and the link in the body and wait but every time I try reregistering it tells me that the game has already been won. Help please.

Pakkidis

Really digging Shadow Run Returns. Decided to be a Decker. Kinda regret my choice in some regards. Still, I love these types of games. Love the setting and I like the turn based combat.

Jawmuncher

Borderlands as well would benefit from it. Graphically, Borderlands 2 was pretty nice looking and I think was quite good under the hood (on PC at least), so I would like seeing that benefitting too. Borderlands' art style will definitely translate well to Telltale's art style, though I'm curious as to how Game of Thrones will look in the Telltale style. Not read any comic adaptation of them so I'm curious as to how it will look.

Only didn't bring up Borderlands since some screens for it have already been shown. So figured the jig is up on that one. The only comics for GoT I have read is the prequel one.
But that and the actual comic's based on it all go for a realistic look to them. So the current look of TWD and TWAU would be odd.

Hello, new thread! \o/ Man, these are still moving fast!

I just finished the final episode of The Wolf Among Us. WOW.

SPOILERS:
I wanted to go after the crooked man, but accidentally followed Georgie and Vivian during that awesome chase scene. I'm thinking that following them is unavoidable, though, because it seems things would be way different if you weren't given the option to kill Georgie.

I ended up killing Georgie to put him out of his misery and killing the Crooked Man the third time you're given the chance to, when he resists being thrown down the well. I kind of regret doing that, especially when Narissa talks to you at the end of the game...

Really great finale to a really great game!

My favorite part, spoilers obviously:

The whole game I haven't liked the "Lon Chaney Jr." humanoid wolf form. I like it when Bigby starts to get pissed but that gorilla werewolf form never really clicked with me. So imagine my surprise when he turns on his super saiyan mode and turns into the BIG BAD WOLF literally. So. Much. AWESOME.

I've updated Enhanced Steam for Mozilla Firefox to version 6.4:
[snip]
The plugin should update automatically based on your browser's extension settings. As always, please let me know if you run into any issues.
For this version and the version before, Firefox does not detect updates. I have to get it from the site.

You're the best, btw.

Ventara

I posted a raffle this morning but the person who won was already gifted the game by the time they got the PM. Now I am trying to nuke it and repost. I put "nuke" in the subject line and the link in the body and wait but every time I try reregistering it tells me that the game has already been won. Help please.

Just create a new giveaway. Since the old giveaway is over, people won't be able to enter it, so there's no need to nuke it. I think.

Edit: Wait, do you mean you can't register the actual key for the game? If so, maybe PM stump?

Mono

My favorite part, spoilers obviously:

The whole game I haven't liked the "Lon Chaney Jr." humanoid wolf form. I like it when Bigby starts to get pissed but that gorilla werewolf form never really clicked with me. So imagine my surprise when he turns on his super saiyan mode and turns into the BIG BAD WOLF literally. So. Much. AWESOME.

Even more Wolf Among Us spoilers:
OMG YES. I was so happy when he turned into the actual Big Bad Wolf as his final form!! The gorilla werewolf was just weird and didn't fit with the fable. AWW YEAAAHH

Trejik

I'm leaving for a dumb music festival tomorrow, leaving my backlog untouched during my only summer vacation.

Friends and peer pressure suck.

Looking forward to being back on Sunday and seeing two new threads.

Only didn't bring up Borderlands since some screens for it have already been shown. So figured the jig is up on that one. The only comics for GoT I have read is the prequel one.
But that and the actual comic's based on it all go for a realistic look to them. So the current look of TWD and TWAU would be odd.

Yeah, I forgot about the already existing screens. The original trailers from the VGX trainwreck suggested that Borderlands was more, in progress than GoT, since we got the trailer in the Borderlands art style, it was safe to assume the game would be like it too, and we got a better idea of the plot and characters, whereas with Game of Thrones, I get the suspicion that the deal was made shortly before the actual announcement, since the trailer we got for that was very abstract and such, very much a tease.

From Game of Thrones, all I really want is a Dunk and Egg like tale.

Jawmuncher

I'm leaving for a dumb music festival tomorrow, leaving my backlog untouched during my only summer vacation.

Friends and peer pressure suck.

Looking forward to being back on Sunday and seeing two new threads.

Hopefully there's at least something there you'll like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom