• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

Does anyone know what the deal is with Steam not wanting to download game updates? I have like 10 games that say they need an update but they just don't download. Couldn't find anything online that worked.

Silly question sorry but have you clicked the little arrow to the right of the game list in the downloads window?

Amzin

Does anyone know what the deal is with Steam not wanting to download game updates? I have like 10 games that say they need an update but they just don't download. Couldn't find anything online that worked.

I had this problem when I moved a bunch of games to a new harddrive. Steam was still looking in the old space but couldn't find the files to update, so it just did nothing. I had to tell it to delete local files, then install it to the directory where it REALLY was, then Steam saw the files and worked fine.

pahamrick

Ahh, that's right. YOU STOLE MAH WAIFUS. :3
I wouldn't call that a major win though. I think you have a shot.

Now I'll forever be known as the Waifu Thief.

Some bundle stuff for whoever hasn't gotten it already. Trying to edge my karma for dat Dead Rising 3 >_>
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-AA566F0131F4397E - Taken by Whelan. 1 entrants total.
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin -- MB-0B17EC2C2FAAB821 - Taken by Anustart. 3 entrants total.
Hitman Codename 47 -- MB-C4D9876EB4BDAE86 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.

t1406063193z1.png

Jørdan;122197123 said:
Silly question sorry but have you clicked the little arrow to the right of the game list in the downloads window?

I can't even get the games to download automatically, so they don't actually make it to the download page.

I had this problem when I moved a bunch of games to a new harddrive. Steam was still looking in the old space but couldn't find the files to update, so it just did nothing. I had to tell it to delete local files, then install it to the directory where it REALLY was, then Steam saw the files and worked fine.

Hm, I refreshed my Steam files recently, I'll try doing that to a game to see if it works.

did you try restarting steam??

Yup, quite a few times, it works sometimes but not all the time.

BruteUA

Have fun with TF2 guys, I won't be joining you. I'm retired, and playing it again even just once would be like buying a beer for a former alcoholic.

diablogod

Giving stuff away is fun, although some people are super rich apparently giving away tons of new stuff (edit: which is awesome)

ModBot said:
Instructions for diablogod:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diablogod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ghostship Aftermath -- MB-C72CB617B076C971 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 2 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-9259FE899AF79A79 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-671545B201927150 - Taken by Sendou. 3 entrants total.

t1406063373z1.png

Sendou

Hardline probably just got delayed because they didn't think they were up to competing with other big shooters of this fall. Destiny, Evolve, Halo collection, CoD... So many big and hyped titles and Hardline always was a B-team effort no matter how you slice it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Good. It looks like they actually learned from the BF4 experience.

I actually am surprised.
But I guess that time frame still fits into the fiscal year so it won't impact them too much.
Guess EA is banking on sports games this holiday and the sims.

It actually does surprise me they're not putting something out directly against cod but good for them. Maybe there's hope for the netcode yet

Honestly, i am surprised. I thought they were gonna release it like that.

Might be good news i guess. The beta was okay but was too similar to BF3/4 for me.

I really liked what I played of the beta, but it was still rough around the edges, so I'm glad they're taking their time. Lord knows we don't need another big release during the holiday rush.

honestly - I'm glad too ... when I played the beta - that game was a GIANT clusterfuck (even worse than BF4 with 64 players) ... at that point it was pretty much totally random ... and not fun either (not for me, at least) ... no to mention it having pretty much NOTHING to do with actual cops and robbers, I mean come on - police using rocket launchers? robbers destroying half a city to get away with $500k in cash? meh

is there anywhere i can get the dark souls 2 season pass for cheap besides nuuvem (my account wont let me purchase anything there) or do i need to suck it up and pay the $25 now?

Jawmuncher

is there anywhere i can get the dark souls 2 season pass for cheap besides nuuvem (my account wont let me purchase anything there) or do i need to suck it up and pay the $25 now?

It was 25% off on GMG awhile back, but i'm pretty sure now its the 25 or nuveem if you're in the right region.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I guess Im using my card money for the greater good of the world. Bad Rats Gifting party. Let me idle some games now.

You couldn't purchase even by using Hola unblocker?

my account is in some sort of limbo there, i can't get a password emailed to me but i can't sign up for a new one with my details, it's kind of lame. knew i should've gotten it from GMG but i guess that time is gone. how big of a download is the dlc anyway?

Was about to download Team Fortress 2 for the match later.
It says "low violence version". How do I get uncensored versions for FreeToPlay games?

my account is in some sort of limbo there, i can't get a password emailed to me but i can't sign up for a new one with my details, it's kind of lame. knew i should've gotten it from GMG but i guess that time is gone. how big of a download is the dlc anyway?

No idea. I don't own it.

Jawmuncher

Was about to download Team Fortress 2 for the match later.
It says "low violence version". How do I get uncensored versions for FreeToPlay games?

It's not like the violence adds much to TF2.
Personally I feel it takes away from the games style more than anything.

It's not like the case with L4D where whacking at zombies that stay complete when they're killed.
Which is just odd.

Ozium

Caius, you asshole. He let in 3 Dark Brotherhood guys in a row. Lock your damn door.

No, don't do it.
Everyone knows my stance on that. So don't try to send one my way

We need a rule that if you get gifted bad rats and don't own it and don't accept it to your library stump perma bans you

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-12F0746AEC155BC3 - Taken by 73V3N. 21 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution -- MB-20A083D988CC488E - Taken by fspm. 7 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-0FD74437235C7D6C - Taken by Ozium. 6 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-EB6B36E61065B0C6 - Taken by Alduin. 20 entrants total.
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days -- MB-31E23BFE9D69D50F - Taken by Divius. 6 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-DB4C89267A0C0C01 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-C3DC61C58996CEBA
Battlestations: Midway -- MB-CF487222711F667D - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 3 entrants total.
Hitman Codename 47 -- MB-FC7B69BACC734232 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-9C4F7B52537DAB87
Just Cause 2 -- MB-CC5C29F82CF04634 - Taken by Egamer. 8 entrants total.

t1406074472z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom