• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

I return, full of delicious birthday cake.

Daily Espada was added to the Indie Royale Shoe bundle
Get Games is doing 75% off Borderlands 2 GOTY
Humble Store Daily is Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 75% off
GMG is doing a CoD sale, a whopping 50% off (classic Activision, also be careful, Blops mac isn't steamplay)

Jawmuncher

Can't believe there's still no word on Tekken 7 and PC at comic con. It's seeming like it'll be a delayed launch like the MK games if it happens.

Dr Dogg

Man these Stanley Parable achievements are bonkers and hilarious at the same time. Though I can see them really doing peoples heads in, which I get might be part of the point of them, ha!

I need a list of games that are commonly available via bundles or likely to be given away on ModBot, but not currently sold on Steam. Trying to help fix the last remaining game art / hot lookup hiccups.

What I need is a list in the following format:
Out of the Park Baseball 14, 263840
Transcripted, 215450
Prey, 3970
Wheelman, 21920

Any others you can think of?

I don't know if this counts for what you're looking for, but Motor Rock.

I don't think they really care about that. They'll probably wait till dev days to show off a revision or talk about it when it's final or just leave stuff around for people to find and discuss

Of course they care. It's supposed to be an open development which they involve the community in, or is it not?

I'm referring to an official announcement as in to the press, not showing off the latest version at their dev days. The only way we'll hear more is from devs getting the new controller.

They did send out letters to the press that the new version will be at GDC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No, never bought anything.

I've never heard of that error before, but it sounds like something that would crop up as a result of there being a pending payment attributed to the account. I suppose your best bet is to contact support... and hope for a (relatively) prompt response. In the interim you can retry periodically -- maybe the cooldown will drop off automagically.

Random guessing mostly. One of them looked like hex so I found a site that converts hex to ascii. That site also had base64 to ascii conversion so I tried the others until I saw a fit.
After finishing HS a teacher gave me book about the history of coding (white cover, don't remember name). It was interesting going from way past to WW to finally reach computer age. Guess you're professional field is in the area of computer science since you randomly guessed coding methods? Nice of you to share. Things like these bug me.

Ozium

After finishing HS a teacher gave me book about the history of coding (white cover, don't remember name). It was interesting going from way past to WW to finally reach computer age. Guess you're professional field is in the area of computer science since you randomly guessed coding methods? Nice of you to share. Things like these bug me.

Maybe he's a spy.

Kiru

You can guess a lot of ciphers just by first look.

Sharkiller

I need a list of games that are commonly available via bundles or likely to be given away on ModBot, but not currently sold on Steam. Trying to help fix the last remaining game art / hot lookup hiccups.

What I need is a list in the following format:
Out of the Park Baseball 14, 263840
Transcripted, 215450
Prey, 3970
Wheelman, 21920

Any others you can think of?

EnhancedSteam don't have an api to check if games was in bundles?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I managed to finish Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon so I thought I'd write down some impressions. I was surprised that I managed to beat it in one day. Looking at the achievements I got you might think that I didn't really give the game time but that's not the case. The remaining achievements are about collectables and hidden things. I just couldn't be bothered to go after them when I didn't find any handy guides and I felt I had explored the game world pretty thoroughly while I was still missing a bunch of stuff. There was also a few achievements tied to a certain minigame I wasn't a huge fan of. More about that later.

Thanks for the impressions. It sounds like it might be decent even with the flaws, but I'll wait for a sale like I was going to anyway.

Why is there no nice collection of all the SteamGAF reviews yet? MRORANGE pls.

I think Knurek was planning something, but it might have just been a suggestion. I'd definitely contribute to something like that.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
so ... ummm ... I might stream some Darkwood for a bit soon ... if anyone's interested?

Khronico

Alright I'm gonna stop trying to figure out that giveaway, I just spent way too long on that.

Just posted this on the games night group but I'll post it here to the wider SteamGAF audience

Hey all, I want to gauge y'alls interest in a few games. If I can get enough people interested, I'd love to host/organize a few game nights for them. The games are:

1. Killing Floor
2. Napoleonic Wars (Warband)
3. DEFCON (Might be fun with a bunch of folks)
4. CS Source
5. AOE2HD
6. Company of Heroes 1???
7. Jedi Academy???
8. Rainbow Six 3

Edit: 9. Talisman Digital Edition

Sendou

I think Knurek was planning something, but it might have just been a suggestion. I'd definitely contribute to something like that.

Me too. My go-to place is NeoGAF when I want to know if a game worth buying. Steam thread are a great resource but the reviews are spread out and many go unnoticed. If Knurek needs help crawling through older threads for impressions then I'm sure we could find a few willing to divide the burden. I'd be up for something like that.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I would love to see a nice depository for SteamGAF reviews. Steam reviews themselves are pretty great but not everyone publishes their thoughts there compared to the thread and you can't always have everyone on your friends list.

They could still absolutely be posted to the thread, but all "final" thoughts could be tucked away for easy access. And you'd be able to look for reviews of specific people who you find hold similar opinions or at least opinions that intrigue you despite having some disagreements with their thoughts from time to time.

Ozium

Alright I'm gonna stop trying to figure out that giveaway, I just spent way too long on that.

Just posted this on the games night group but I'll post it here to the wider SteamGAF audience

I'd be down for Killing Floor, won it a week ago in a madbat raffle but haven't played online yet (played a little in single player to see how it ran and I can see it being really fun co-op)

I'edit: I have Talisman also so I'd be down for that as well (but I don't know how to play it)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Figured out the X-Com bug. The Roman Numeral detector was triggering on "X-", putting the old X-Com games in ModBot as 10com. Which they obviously aren't.

Nzyme32

Of course they care. It's supposed to be an open development which they involve the community in, or is it not?

Let me rephrase. Answering your previous idea of causing confusion, I don't think it bothers them because it's not relevant. Whenever they publicly talk about stuff people pay attention, and opinion go all over the place. Consider how few times they have directly demoed the controllers to the public; even those vids ended at the first one. Right now there is the bare minimum of info. I think they'll let devs in on a more final version and then be much more forward to the public. Personally I don't even see the point of following it too closely at this point.

I'd be down for Killing Floor, won it a week ago in a madbat raffle but haven't played online yet (played a little in single player to see how it ran and I can see it being really fun co-op)

I'edit: I have Talisman also so I'd be down for that as well (but I don't know how to play it)
Same here on killing floor

<~6$$OMBfIs~>

tumblr_n8da54GYKp1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Now, since Speedrunners is on sale and I hope most of you gals have purchased it by now, let's have another competition.
Free game if you can beat me in one level, no limit to how many free games you can win!
10 wins means 10 free games.

Rules:
1. You will activate all to your own library, no trading or reselling the gift.
2. You have to be the winner of a full race.
3. We will play a race once in every standard level (not prototype).

#1: DunderHassan
#2: PrematureQuiche
#3: corrosivefrost
#4: ramoisdead

t1406327400z0.png

Now, since Speedrunners is on sale and I hope most of you gals have purchased it by now, let's have another competition.
Free game if you can beat me in one level, no limit to how many free games you can win!

Rules:

Quote this post to reserve a spot in the competition!

#2:
#3:
#4:

lets do this again then dunder sigh

Rules:

Quote this post to reserve a spot in the competition!

#3:
#4:

t1406327400z0.png

I'm in, jerk.

diablogod

Thanks to Ventara for this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diablogod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-BBC23B30C6B52ADD - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 32 entrants total.

t1406335452z1.png

Caerith

I majored in English-with-a-creative-writing-emphasis, but it wasn't hard to guess/confirm-via-internet that he was using some kind of conversion-- the use of special characters (==, ][, etc) point to this rather than a classic cipher-- so it was just a matter of plugging stuff into various converters until something matches.

(I am in the process of learning Python, but that had nothing to do with my guessing.)

Things are going to get very tricky when someone hides their giveaway codes in invisible text and you'll need to soak your browser in lemon juice to reveal them.

Rules:

#3: corrosivefrost
#4:

t1406327400z0.png

Sign me up, Dunder. =]

Going to buy the game now.

Toki767

I need to buy SpeedRunners. Do they mail you a Steam key or is it one of those log into your Steam account and redeem it from the site thing?

rtcn63

I need to buy SpeedRunners. Do they mail you a Steam key or is it one of those log into your Steam account and redeem it from the site thing?

You get a link to the written-out key on the bundlestars site. I think. Guy who got it from me never said nothing, assuming it works.

Jawmuncher

Edit: 9. Talisman Digital Edition

Rainbow Six 3 and Talisman would be pretty cool. Not sure how many people have those however.

Khronico

Same here on killing floor

Alright, I'll be keeping a tally in a notepad file for documentation. I think the first game night will be this Sunday night if enough people sign up (if you are able to play that night. Not sure what peoples schedules are like). Since Killing Floor was the first game mentioned by others, Killing Floor will be the game of the night. An official SteamGAF PSA by me will be posted in this thread Saturday night or Sunday morning. For the rest of SteamGAF, check out NeoGAF Games Night for the discussion and weigh in with your game choices.

Rainbow Six 3 and Talisman would be pretty cool. Not sure how many people have those however.

Alright, added your suggestions to the list. Yeah my game suggestions were either games I and tons of SteamGAFfers own or games I own that I want other to play =P

Edit: PM time suggestions for sunday night to me on steam or gaf. I'm ballparking around 7-10PM PST.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
so ... ummm ... I might stream some Darkwood for a bit soon ... if anyone's interested?

Go for it. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it since I'm sort of busy at the moment, but if it's archived I'll watch it later.

I would love to see a nice depository for SteamGAF reviews. Steam reviews themselves are pretty great but not everyone publishes their thoughts there compared to the thread and you can't always have everyone on your friends list.

They could still absolutely be posted to the thread, but all "final" thoughts could be tucked away for easy access. And you'd be able to look for reviews of specific people who you find hold similar opinions or at least opinions that intrigue you despite having some disagreements with their thoughts from time to time.

Plus it means that you can just look up SteamGaf impressions without having to ask for them, though it'll still happen of course :p

It would also be way easier to find impressions that we've written in the past without having to hunt for them, so in case someone in the thread does ask, it could be easily and speedily answered.

Ozium

Alright, I'll be keeping a tally in a notepad file for documentation. I think the first game night will be this Sunday night if enough people sign up (if you are able to play that night. Not sure what peoples schedules are like). Since Killing Floor was the first game mentioned by others, Killing Floor will be the game of the night. An official SteamGAF PSA by me will be posted in this thread Saturday night or Sunday morning. For the rest of SteamGAF, check out NeoGAF Games Night for the discussion and weigh in with your game choices.

If there's anyone that wants to play but doesnt have it/wants to try it I have a couple of guest passes people can use.

Dr Dogg

How many endings did you go through?

About 5 or 6 at the mo. Just working out where the other branches are. The ending that finished with a
self-aware museum with all the props, layouts and cut content
had me creasing up with laughter. Also contender for best achievement ever.

CemNFrR.png

AHA-Lambda

About 5 or 6 at the mo. Just working out where the other branches are. The ending that finished with a
self-aware museum with all the props, layouts and cut content
had me creasing up with laughter. Also contender for best achievement ever.

CemNFrR.png

Have you seen
the adventure line?
I love that bit XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom