• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched idle thumbs play Crusader Kings 2 for like 12 hours.

I respect the game, what it does, and how wonderful it can be BUT that shit just aint for me. I figure I would get my feet wet with Civ 5 before i ever go down the historical sim rabbit hole that is CK2.

I've never played CK2 but Civ V is its own rabbit hole you can very easily lose your job and friends too

Ozium

RUN!

lanacuccoakudx.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners -- MB-57CF6C5343F2479A - Taken by Easton Dark. 53 entrants total.

t1406330232z1.png

Aaron D.

I watched idle thumbs play Crusader Kings 2 for like 12 hours.

I respect the game, what it does, and how wonderful it can be BUT that shit just aint for me. I figure I would get my feet wet with Civ 5 before i ever go down the historical sim rabbit hole that is CK2.

Word.

Mad-respect for Civ, but comparing it to CK/EU is like comparing checkers to chess.

I wish I were better at the Paradox titles, but I get the impression it's kind of like DOTA, where you don't truly settle into the groove until hundreds of hours later. :p

Just thanking salazar547 again for giving out Super Street Fighter IV! Had tons of fun playing it with my girlfriend for couple of hours today.

Playing with keyboard is kinda like playing with arcade stick isn't it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've found your perfect job at Valve. Instead of them having Commentary Nodes in what ever game the do next they could have Saoirse Facts where you* pop up every now and then and offer titbits of knowledge and facts about Steam and all the goings on. That or I'm going to start a Steam themed pub quiz and use you as the knowledge bank.

I don't think the world is ready for a game that could shatter all preconceived notions of a "best-seller". :p

I've never played CK2 but Civ V is its own rabbit hole you can very easily lose your job and friends too

oh i know, i've seen it myself. The difference is that Civ 5 isn't obtuse and draconian with its mechanics; if anything it's very much inviting you to get hooked.

CK2 seems to be half mechanics discovery, half wtf why is the queen's cousin trying to kill my wife. Once you get over the hump of the first then you'll enjoy the latter much more, but if i have to choose between the two I'm going to go with the one that doesn't require that I puzzle over every prompt that comes my way.

Momentary

Banned
Damn, I didn't know the new Naruto game was coming to Steam. Day F'n one! It's supposed to be released September 16th. I'm surprised there isn't a store page for it

dot

Just thanking salazar547 again for giving out Super Street Fighter IV! Had tons of fun playing it with my girlfriend for couple of hours today.

Uh....no.

Damn, I didn't know the new Naruto game was coming to Steam. Day F'n one! It's supposed to be released September 16th. I'm surprised there isn't a store page for it

There will probably be a page up soon! Didn't realize it was coming in less than 2 months.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is it possible to use more than one discount coupon?? , for example use 2 coupons to get 40% off??

Nope. Some coupons can be used in conjunction with a pre-existing discount, but this is the extent to which discounts can be stacked.

Edit: b10.

Edit edit: Clarity.

Hugstable

Banned
Hmm I've been thinking about the game but don't know if I would use it just yet. Is the coupon also good when the game is on discount or does it only work on non discounted prices?

Valve is on to me! Just after making this post all of a sudden I got 2 of these coupons in my inventory o_O

oh i know, i've seen it myself. The difference is that Civ 5 isn't obtuse and draconian with its mechanics; if anything it's very much inviting you to get hooked.

CK2 seems to be half mechanics discovery, half wtf why is the queen's cousin trying to kill my wife. Once you get over the hump of the first then you'll enjoy the latter much more, but if i have to choose between the two I'm going to go with the one that doesn't require that I puzzle over every prompt that comes my way.

Okay thanks for the impressions. CK2 sounds like it might be a bit more involved than I would enjoy, especially with limited game time

Hint:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire decoded line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want.
(if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

The Swapper -- TUItNzcxMEM5Mjg5MDQ3RjMxNw== - Taken by DarkMehm. 1 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- 4d422d46323046353744414645313533463442 - Taken by JustLynx. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack -- 9gUEg1GM0U5qtef2)[c[1Ia8 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 1 entrants total.
Spelunky -- JVBC2OBVIFCTONBUGBBDAMBZGJAUCQQ - Taken by Supaidaman. 3 entrants total.

good to know that you liked the game :)

now about playing with keyboard , the thing is that playing with keyboard doesnt work properly because of the key restriction that most of the regular keyboards have so i suggest getting a basic controller to play or a fancy arcade stick depending on your preference , also if you really want something similar to a keyboard to play you should get a hitbox controller (is basically a arcade stick with buttons for movement instead of a stick )

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
repost

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Thief Gold #4 -- MB-ED8A75186E4485CF - Taken by Ruruja
Out of the Park Baseball 14 #3 -- MB-A12B1D2E9009A37B
Thief Gold #3 -- MB-7CD3AD730E9EA349 - Taken by Loptous

So are Valve going to confirm the new controller design or not? People are already taking it as fact, but if it's end up being a dumped mockup, there's going to be confusion again.

derExperte

Hmm I've been thinking about the game but don't know if I would use it just yet. Is the coupon also good when the game is on discount or does it only work on non discounted prices?

Yes, if not the coupon says that it can't be used with another discount. But it'll disappear on about three weeks and there certainly won't be a sale before that. -10% + -20% is all you'll get.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Myself, Dusk, Stallion and a couple of others wrote about our experiences with Murdered in this thread and this is really going to make me wish I finished posting the bloody PM to Knurek now about having other peoples impressions easily to hand to show people :p

A wiki of all our impressions would be really handy, since we wouldn't have to look through old threads for impressions. It's not just because of all the thread clogging we're currently dealing with :p

super early and short impressions of Darkwood. Holy shit, you know when a game just clicks with you from the start?

Gorgeous visuals, amazing sound design, gameplay feels a little wonky right now (would benefit imensely from gamepad support in my opinion) but the systems in place are great (I didnt know there was crafting!), just terrific mood / vibe overall. I got stuck shortly after the tutorial and called it there, ill delve deeper into it with more time tomorow when im fresh, will probably be streaming it then (found my mic too!).

Just a great first impression for me (its very early in the early access aparently, the version is called Alpha 1.0 and I believe only the prologue and chapter 1 are available for now)

Levels of want rising slightly more. Maybe it'll be in a Halloween sale this year, if the price is right I may pick it up.

Nothing about the Firefly game in here?

The official website, www.keepflying.com, isn't loading (I assume it's getting hammered), but a quick search reveals that this is coming to Steam.

Ooooh haven't heard about this actually, I liked th-

Firefly Online (FFO) is a multi-user, social online role-playing game that will initially be available for smartphones and tablets, including those based on iOS and Android operating systems.

Oh.

I personally am glad spiders are all over the place. I love em. Especially since they can be so cute .
http://31.media.tumblr.com/fc06d375b5684fce63043c643912f2cb/tumblr_n5kooz80R91qaqfkho1_500.jpg

I actually don't regret clicking this since it's the spider-chan image again.

So my full impressions of Freedom Planet.

header_292x136.jpg

This sounds really good, actually. It's what I've wanted from a Sonic game for a while now, but even better since it has Treasure influences.

I wonder what I'll get.

I like those odds.

Khronico

Well I'm stumped Dunder. I added 'MB-' to the line of code, made sure all the letters were uppercase, removed symbols, shortened it to match the normal modbot codes, I even google searched the code AND the user who won Euro Truck.

This might actually be more fun than actually winning the game.

Exuro

So are Valve going to confirm the new controller design or not? People are already taking it as fact, but if it's end up being a dumped mockup, there's going to be confusion again.
I don't think they're going to announce anything officially until its finalized. Also I remember some gifs a while back and one of them had the controller blurred out so I'm guessing that was the newer analog stick version.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So I have one of these:

and I'm giving it away. Who wants it?

I also have some leftover backgrounds and emoticons that are also freebies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a game about a bunny doing things.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Toxic Bunny HD -- MB-58716550C0B1BBAC - Taken by salazar547

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom