• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
About 5 or 6 at the mo. Just working out where the other branches are. The ending that finished with a
self-aware museum with all the props, layouts and cut content
had me creasing up with laughter. Also contender for best achievement ever.

CemNFrR.png

There's somewhere in the ballpark of 15 different endings if I remember correctly, so there's still plenty for you to see! It's really worth seeking out as many as you can on your own as the endings are all pretty rewarding in their own ways.

Just thinking about it is making me smile.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm downloading Speedrunners right now if anyone wanna play?

I'm new at this, and there won't be any prizes. (for now) Just having fun :)

1. Shadownet

Sendou

Steam Client Beta Update - June 25th

We've just published a new beta which includes the following changes.

Steam Client
* Made shift-click and middle-click on links in the web views open a new window with the requested link
* Fixed external links not opening correctly in the community and store views
* Fixed trade graphs not displaying in the market web pages

Library
* When filtering by favorites or by owner, display only a single section instead of all the sections that the games are in.
* When adding a new category, scroll the category list to the bottom so we can see the category that was just added

In-Home Streaming
* Fixed regression causing blurry/blocky image on clients with older Intel video cards
* NVIDIA hardware encoding requires the latest beta drivers (version 340.43 or newer)
* Made it more clear that unlimited bandwidth increases latency and is not recommended

Khronico

Plus it means that you can just look up SteamGaf impressions without having to ask for them, though it'll still happen of course :p

It would also be way easier to find impressions that we've written in the past without having to hunt for them, so in case someone in the thread does ask, it could be easily and speedily answered.

Well, if we all really wanted to, we could make a 'steamgaf reviews' wikia to store all that. I'd be willing to help.

Dr Dogg

Have you seen
the adventure line?
I love that bit XD

Is that the one where you
just go round and round the hall with the rooms constantly repeating as the narrator is telling you how mad you're going?
Even seeing some of the generic office décor and especially the whiteboards and projectors has me giggling because is so true to what I've seen on a day to day basis for years on end.

Edit: Nope I've just found. My god that music is amazing!

There's somewhere in the ballpark of 15 different endings if I remember correctly, so there's still plenty for you to see! It's really worth seeking out as many as you can on your own as the endings are all pretty rewarding in their own ways.

Just thinking about it is making me smile.

Yeah so far they have all been different and really quite rewarding seeing the eventuality when you get there. The first one I ended up stumbling upon was because I was
deliberately disobeying the narrator and end up in a Half-Life like warehouse which I though was a nice nod before being transported to apparently what was Stanley's apartment.
Well 9 or 10 more to go I guess.

Nzyme32

About 5 or 6 at the mo. Just working out where the other branches are. The ending that finished with a
self-aware museum with all the props, layouts and cut content
had me creasing up with laughter. Also contender for best achievement ever.

CemNFrR.png

I have a screenshot on my steam page that has an image that was later censored from the game. Not sure if you saw that ending though

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man they're really cranking out these beta client updates lately.

You're just hearing about them more often. Steam receives stable updates every now and then, sure, but Valve has always been very proactive when it comes to the beta. Rest assured that there is a "Steam team" cabal that works around the clock.

Hugstable

Banned
Is that the one where you
just go round and round the hall with the rooms constantly repeating as the narrator is telling you how mad you're going?
Even seeing some of the generic office décor and especially the whiteboards and projectors has me giggling because is so true to what I've seen on a day to day basis for years on end.

Yeah so far they have all been different and really quite rewarding seeing the eventuality when you get there. The first one I ended up stumbling upon was because I was
deliberately disobeying the narrator and end up in a Half-Life like warehouse which I though was a nice nod before being transported to apparently what was Stanley's apartment.
Well 9 or 10 more to go I guess.

LOL! This game is definitely going on my To Play list, got it for cheap during a sale not fully knowing what the game was about, but all of what I've seen you and others post sounds hilarious. How long do you think one run through the game takes?

Turfster

I just wanted to publicly thank the nice people who gifted me things for my birthday.
You know who you are, and you're all amazing people.

Civilization V Complete is 50% off at Gamefly, with another 20% with the code (UK)JUL20OFF, bringing it to 60% off

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
LOL! This game is definitely going on my To Play list, got it for cheap during a sale not fully knowing what the game was about, but all of what I've seen you and others post sounds hilarious. How long do you think one run through the game takes?

It really depends, your run can be pretty short or long depending on the choices you make.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ozium, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners -- MB-57CF6C5343F2479A - Taken by Easton Dark. 53 entrants total.

t1406330232z1.png

Really depends on what ending, since you can literally get to a certain ending in a little over a minute. Generally from Stanley's office to the end of a run will take 20ish minutes I would say.

MadGear

Just played through Gunman Chronicles again (talked about it a month ago and since then wanted to play it again) however it crashed a few times on W7 in compatibility mode.
I always wondered why this game was never released on steam because IIRC Valve was somewhat involved in its development (and you even get CS1.6 + Half Life 1 Bundle for redeeming its key on steam). But oh boy, that game looks dated :D I was expecting the worst but it seems that in my mind i applied some post processing effects that led to me expecting somewhat better visuals. I also remembered content that didn't even exist ... . Still, it was a nice throwback to a game i used to enjoy a lot and to old FPS in general. However, now that i played it again and didn't enjoy it as much anymore (even with its somewhat unique weapon customization it doesn't hold up that well) i wonder if i should have refreshed my memories of it at all.
I now don't think that i want to replay Unreal, guess i prefer it to be the game i remember even if thats not the game it actually is :)

Backlogger

Why is the last hour or two of work on Friday afternoon the hardest? It almost doesn't even matter that I have a ton of stuff to get done. I'm ready to go home and get my game on

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

1. Shadownet

I would join, but I won't be back home for another two weeks. :( And the stupid Surface RT I'm using can't install games and programs that aren't from the Windows Store. D:

I just wanted to publicly thank the nice people who gifted me things for my birthday.
You know who you are, and you're all amazing people.

Civilization V Complete is 50% off at Gamefly, with another 20% with the code (UK)JUL20OFF, bringing it to 60% off

It's not like I would of given you a gift if you were on my Friend List baka....no I really wouldn't unless there was a game under 1$ that you didn't own since I'm cheap....and poor....and will be using that dollar towards a McDouble.

Shadownet

Banned

1. Shadownet
2. Sajjaja

JaseC

There is, quite literally, no reason why Gunman isn't on Steam. Not only does Valve own the game, but there is a fan-made patch that adds support for the "Steam version" of the Half-Life engine, so it's perfectly compatible. To borrow a tired phrase, it's just one of those things.

Turfster

It's not like I would of given you a gift if you were on my Friend List baka....no I really wouldn't unless there was a game under 1$ that you didn't own since I'm cheap....and poor....and will be using that dollar towards a McDouble.
Hey, it's okay. I kept telling people they really didn't need to.
Nobody ever listens to me, tho ;)

Unrest is pretty great so far, exactly what I was expecting from it.
I know this isn't for everyone, but I truly enjoy games with lots of text and decisions to make over today's "we only have a 'good' and 'bad' choice because voice acting" stories.

Dr Dogg

I have a screenshot on my steam page that has an image that was later censored from the game. Not sure if you saw that ending though

Hahaha I've seen your screenshot gallery on your profile but didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Well one took me about 5 mins and another took me about 20. There all really quite different. Defiantly worth playing it through over and over again in fact, nah that would spoil it ;)

Oh yes. Now I feel like playing UT99 or Unreal Championship 2 again...
What I never understood, is why Epic never bothered to revisit Unreal Championship 2 (a massive improvement over the original) with it being a perfect fit for consoles and different enough from the mainline series. Instead, they decided that releasing a gimped PC shooter would be so compelling on platforms like the PS3.

Nzyme32

There is, quite literally, no reason why Gunman isn't on Steam. Not only does Valve own the game, but there is a fan-made patch that adds support for the "Steam version" of the Half-Life engine, so it's perfectly compatible. To borrow a tired phrase, it's just one of those things.

We talking about Gunman Chronicles? I still want to play that game and never have. Any clue on what the steam version mod is called or where to find it?

Do Steam profiles automatically close after a long period of inactivity? I noticed one of my friends is no longer in my friends list and when I go to his profile it says it can't be found. Looking him up by his ID returns some other person's profile.

Hugstable

Banned
Do Steam profiles automatically close after a long period of inactivity? I noticed one of my friends is no longer in my friends list and when I go to his profile it says it can't be found. Looking him up by his ID returns some other person's profile.

I don't think so, my brother has an older account I don't think he's logged into in like about 400 days and it's still there.

JaseC

Nope. Steam Community profiles are entirely optional, but they don't expire or anything of the sort.

Hmm, that's not good. I hope his account wasn't hacked/stolen. When I look him up by his numerical ID, it's some Russian guy.

You mean his Steam64 id, right? Not his account id?

I wish there was an option to opt-out of random coupons, or at least not get inventory notifications. I've never gotten one that I've actually wanted to use, and I'm always disappointed when it's not a booster.

On that note, I've got 2x -20% OlliOlli coupons, if anybody wants 'em. Otherwise, they'll just go to TrashBot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom