• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

cluQylA.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406334600z4.png

I guess I'll have to miss out on this one. Could we do another one of these sometime over the weekend?

Anteater

I could probably join you guys to play speedrunners late night or afternoon NA time. Should be fun to play with new people since I've only played once myself, my lag is probably terrible tho.

but everyone should pick up speedrunners

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ozium, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Love -- MB-763EACEE1353A13D - Taken by Sendou. 5 entrants total.
Imperial Glory -- MB-68CF88181C7EA3CC - Taken by shackdaddy836. 1 entrants total.
FATE -- MB-B123FB4062325D6C - Taken by Scipius. 8 entrants total.
Praetorians -- MB-FCD156B5E27ECB3D - Taken by RazorbackDB. 3 entrants total.
Rush for Glory -- MB-88F9B5A114BF2878 - Taken by danhese007. 1 entrants total.
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory -- MB-FCA5C3DE9C2C8C38 - Taken by swx. 2 entrants total.
Montas -- MB-8E2EDE69B47C0CF7 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 3 entrants total.

t1406332272z1.png

Card Boy

Banned
Saints Row 4 is truly amazing stuff, i thought it couldn't get any better after SR3. I got the Game of the Century Edition for really cheap from a russian seller ($13). I'm lucky i saved screenshots from SR3 because i managed to make my character to look exactly the same, i never uploaded it during SR3.

SR4 literally has a Nolan North voice option voiced by the man himself haha. I would say put a Troy Baker option in SR5 but apparently he is already in SR4.

tumblr_inline_mrqwyr1INt1qz4rgp.png

Shadownet

Banned
Saints Row 4 is truly amazing stuff, i thought it couldn't get any better after SR3. I got the Game of the Century Edition for really cheap from a russian seller ($13). I'm lucky i saved screenshots from SR3 because i managed to make my character to look exactly the same, i never uploaded it during SR3.

SR4 literally has a Nolan North voice option voiced by the man himself haha. I would say put a Troy Baker option in SR5 but apparently he is already in SR4.

I really need to get my hands on a copy of SR 4. I highly enjoyed SR 3rd.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm enjoying Batman Arkham Origins right now, despite everything said about it, it may have problems but it's still a fun ride for me. I love the cutscenes and I really really like Roger Craig Smith as Batman, he is doing a fantastic job. RCS voices as much as Nolan North and Troy Baker too I think.

Not enough Deathstroke though, it makes me want an M rated Suicide Squad game, but I'm not sure if DC would be ok with that. I would hope so.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

tumblr_inline_mrqwyr1INt1qz4rgp.png

The GOTC edition is still region-free? I need to get it when it's on sale. I made my character look like Aquaman in SR3. Is the landshark summoning gun in SR4?

Card Boy

Banned
I'm enjoying Batman Arkham Origins right now, despite everything said about it, it may have problems but it's still a fun ride for me. I love the cutscenes and I really really like Roger Craig Smith as Batman, he is doing a fantastic job. RCS voices as much as Nolan North and Troy Baker too I think.

Not enough Deathstroke though, it makes me want an M rated Suicide Squad game, but I'm not sure if DC would be ok with that. I would hope so.

Apprently Troy is doing Two-Face this time around in Batman: Arkham Knight. His joker is amazing.

The GOTC edition is still region-free? I need to get it when it's on sale.

Yes. If your Australian or German it is worth getting. Go to TF2outpost or Steamtrades and find a seller nao!

Locust

Saints Row 4 is truly amazing stuff, i thought it couldn't get any better after SR3.
Didn't think it was that great. The writing is really funny at times but the combat is just so stale and repetitive and there's barely any mission variety.

And the sidequests had to be a joke.

Jawmuncher

Didn't think it was that great. The writing is really funny at times but the combat is just so stale and repetitive and there's barely any mission variety.

And the sidequests had to be a joke.

Haven't played 4 yet but 3 bored me to tears. To the point where I refuse to pay more than 5 for SR4. I was at a loss when I played it and remembered so many people liked it.

Sleeping a Dogs on the other hand deserves all of of its praise.

Turfster

Haven't played 4 yet but 3 bored me to tears. To the point where I refuse to pay more than 5 for SR4. I was at a loss when I played it and remembered so many people liked it.

Sleeping a Dogs on the other hand deserves all of of its praise.

While SR 3 and 4 aren't perfect (minigame repetition), they're both a million times better than GTA's broken-ass mission structure and "man I'd rather be making movies, just go shoot 500000 more guys for 'reasons'" hacky 'deep' storytelling.

Jawmuncher

While SR 3 and 4 aren't perfect (minigame repetition), they're both a million times better than GTA's broken-ass mission structure and "man I'd rather be making movies, just go shoot 500000 more guys for 'reasons'" hacky 'deep' storytelling.

Haven't played 5 yet. But I'll definitely agree to that with GTA4.

AHA-Lambda

Holy hell, Gods Will Be Watching can die in a fire.

I've seen anyone who has made it to the 5th chapter moan about it, and now I know why. I thought the game was turning a corner on the last 2 chapters. Nope, it's just decided to save it's most frustrating bull for last.

The whole premise of the level is based on pure luck. If anything sums up this games problems succinctly it's this section.

"I'd better go kill people to get enough money for my annoying cousin's debt."

"Hey there kidnapper, I've got a hundred grand for...you...you're not taking it? How much is he even in for? I saw his shitty apartment, how much could you possibly have loaned him? Oh, I see, money has pretty much no meaning in this game where the main character seems obsessed with money. Okay." *bang*

Nzyme32

Had a bit of a read around on Gunman Chronicles. Apparently, the CD keys you from the retail games actually register with steam, but they give you the same games as you get by entering either a HL1, HL Opposing force or HL Blueshift retail key - all the old HLs, Counter Strike, Team Fortress etc

Technically then, if Valve ever do put Gunman on Steam, pretty much everyone who used one of their retail keys should be given a copy. Go on Valve, do it!

rtcn63

Dunder is one of those things where even if you had the luck of removing his head, he'd just grow two more equipped with shotguns.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'd love for Castlevania: LoS to go on sale. I played through the game on PS3 and wasn't the biggest fan of it, but was also disappointed by the technical issues. I'd play through the pc version again just for the 60 fps and better visuals. I've just been itching to replay it recently, but the current price is too much for a double dip. It's just... dat soundtrack man

Turfster

I'd love for Castlevania: LoS to go on sale. I played through the game on PS3 and wasn't the biggest fan of it, but was also disappointed by the technical issues. I'd play through the pc version again just for the 60 fps and better visuals. I've just been itching to replay it recently, but the current price is too much for a double dip.

The game won't get any better than a disappointing, crappy corridor excuse for a platformer/brawler, though ;)

Dr Dogg

I'd love for Castlevania: LoS to go on sale. I played through the game on PS3 and wasn't the biggest fan of it, but was also disappointed by the technical issues. I'd play through the pc version again just for the 60 fps and better visuals. I've just been itching to replay it recently, but the current price is too much for a double dip. It's just... dat soundtrack man

Performance is way better than what I played on 360. It's runs really great even on middling hardware. But it does have some horribly compressed and aliased 1280x720 videos for a few cutscenes that stick out like a sore thumb in places. The way the DLC is worked in as well you don't get the achievements for finishing the game until you beat both DLC chapters also.

Jawmuncher

I'm hoping LoS 2 hits the cheapness this Halloween since it fits the theme.
It was sounding pretty interesting and I didn't mind the first. Though I didn't find it as good as some.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The game won't get any better than a disappointing, crappy corridor excuse for a platformer/brawler, though ;)

I know, I just want my CV fix. I have Ecclesia coming in the mail though, so there's that.

And to hear LoS2 is worse than 1... When will they treat CV right again

Performance is way better than what I played on 360. It's runs really great even on middling hardware. But it does have some horribly compressed and aliased 1280x720 videos for a few cutscenes that stick out like a sore thumb in places. The way the DLC is worked in as well you don't get the achievements for finishing the game until you beat both DLC chapters also.

Oh, I forgot it comes with the dlc as well. Nice how they worked it in then.

Tomorrow's daily LoS 75% off plz thx

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I still want to know why Konami reacquired the Saw licence out of the blue almost a year ago now. The ancient Saw 2 app is as dead as over, so... I just don't get it.

Anteater

Performance is way better than what I played on 360. It's runs really great even in middling hardware. But it does have some horribly compressed and ai listed 1280x720 videos for cutscenes that stick out like a sore thumb in places. The way the DLC is worked in as well you don't get the achievements for finishing the game until you beat both DLC chapters also.

Man they could've at least add some fsaa to those inengine cutscenes, there were so much jaggies >_>

Ruruja

Steam Client
Made shift-click and middle-click on links in the web views open a new window with the requested link

At first I was like, "FINALLY! It's only taken them 10 years!"

But then I was like, "Why not a new tab?!"

Oh well, they'll get there eventually.

Dr Dogg

An IGA collection of Castlevania's on Steam is a line to print money. Loads of peeps in here, myself included would snap them up in a heartbeat even if it was just ISO/ROMs dumped and emulated

Oh, I forgot it comes with the dlc as well. Nice how they worked it in then.

Tomorrow's daily LoS 75% off plz thx

I prefer the first DLC over the second but I like the puzzling nature of CV. I'm half tempted to pick up LoS2 and Mirror of Fate when the go on sale next despite the stick they both have gotten.

Man they could've at least add some fsaa to those inengine cutscenes, there were so much jaggies >_>

I guess it was due to the older consoles limitations at the time (360 storage space and both rendered at lower resolutions). Personally I prefer in engine cutscenes so nothing looks out of place in 10 years time when we all have 8k 240hz screens. We maybe not all of us :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom