• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah. It says I have given 25. But there's no eligibility for mega givers. It says there that I'm eligible for 'givers only' rules.

The italicised number is the amount you've given away in the past 90 days -- that needs to be 25 or higher in order for you to qualify. E.g.:

ModBot said:
You have given away 1527 games. (644 eligible for 'givers only' rules.)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Most you'll have to get from the merchant and all the rifles you buy from him. The freebies are as follows:-

Handgun - Start with.

Shotgun - On the 1st floor in a house in the village where you first get rushed.

Punisher - Merchant reward for shooting 10 medallions. Upgraded is you shoot them all.

Rocket Launcher - Later on in the Castle in a display case.

Broken Butterfly - You pass a room you need Ashley to help you open the door but you come back to it a little later on.

Super Rocket Launcher - It's a Resi convention for the
final boss.

I think that's your lot in the game, there rest you need to buy.
I always sell the starter pistol + Punisher (without upgrading either) as soon as the Red9 becomes available. Every single time.

Jawmuncher

Yeah the "Rifle" is the bolt action one correct? He's probably around that point with that lift that takes you across to the other side. I need to play RE4 again, haven't played it since it came out on the Gamecube haha.

Yeah the rifle is the bolt action that you can get a scope.

Ozium

Can anyone recommend a good guide to not sucking at FTL? Like at one point I was in front of a star and it was really hot and then got attacked by some idiot pirate who was flying too close to the sun and both me and the enemy's ship got wrecked by the star.. fires broke out, and I opened doors to remove oxygen but that didn't work (maybe because of the huge red dwarf star that my ship decided to fly right next to for reasons?)

wat? can you escape battles by just leaving? why fly so close to the star like that, surely that violates some sort of safety protocol.

I refuse to play easy mode fyi

ShogunX

I need to stop buying early access games. not that they are bad (well some are), just this nagging feeling that youre missing something (and most likely you are)

The problem is that a lot of the developers going the early access route fail to keep a steady stream of information and updates coming. Obviously it's not always possible to release updates and the like but the team behind Nuclear Throne have done it right. They constantly interact with the community, provide a constant stream of info of where the game is heading and provide regular updates. On the other hand we have Starbound and DayZ, two popular games that seem to have a questionable future.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I finally signed up for GMG (I know I'm late!) and linked my Steam to playfire. Do I have to run their client if I ever do those achievements for money thing?

Also is that code for a discount on Dark Souls 2 season pass still working and if so, what was it?

Nah, you don't need the client to get Playfire rewards.

I just saw them! there are 6 of them. They released 3 to the public. I love paper dolls. I'm going to make some ^_^

Link if anyone wanna have some fun!

Wow. CD Projekt's papercrafts are always great.

2960ff32d2cb3a6547f071b5d01cdc6f8c68a9b5.jpg

Jawmuncher

I'm still very unhappy that RE6 removed the weapon variety and upgrade system used in the previous two games. Why.

I was a little bummed about that as well.
But then I realized so much of the game is about the stamina and melee you know the weapons were an after thought.

You know that. Red9 and the stock is a headshot machine.
Yup the Red9 was honestly one of the best guns in the game for myself.
I was even able to take out the 2 Los Gigantes part with just my trusty Red9
Red9 is the best handgun.
Huh, I'll have to remember to try out the Red9 the next time I play through RE4, I always stuck with the TMP since ammo was so plentiful and it did a decent amount of damage.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If I get banned for keeping it real on that other thread well... See ya later and if its perma... well nice knowing ya.

Dingotech

I've been playing some co-op Battleblock theatre with my bro tonight, that game is flapping hilarious!

The voice over guy reminds me of invader Zim randomness for some reason.

Dr Dogg

Yup the Red9 was honestly one of the best guns in the game for myself.
I was even able to take out the 2 Los Gigantes part with just my trusty Red9

My secret vice is the TMP. It gets a lot of undeserved stick as come the Castle it's one shot to the knee and then it's suplex time! Great on shielded enemies and especially those fecking dogs in
the maze

I feel bad for having to spoiler tag Resi 4 chat but after the OT this years Steam rerelease there appears to be a few peeps how still haven't played it yet. No time like the present to get suckered in to one of the greatest games ever.

Jawmuncher

I've been playing some co-op Battleblock theatre with my bro tonight, that game is flapping hilarious!

The voice over guy reminds me of invader Zim randomness for some reason.

Its stamper. He's done a lot of newgrounds work and you've probably heard him before without realizing it.

If I get banned for keeping it real on that other thread well... See ya later and if its perma... well nice knowing ya.

Hopefully no bans happen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Speaking of the raffle timer , i wish it didn't started counting down as soon as it was sent .

I gave away a game once and when i recieved the post from modbot i had something come up and had to leave for a bit and when i came back the timer only had 5 minutes left .

There are a lot of limits on ModBot's functionality because of the fact that it's implemented through GAF's PM system rather than being attached to the site's database in a more direct way. I'm sorry I can fix it.

What I can recommend is that if you generate a giveaway and don't post it, you can always resubmit the same games for a new giveaway and the timer will, of course, be reset.

Thorgal

There are a lot of limits on ModBot's functionality because of the fact that it's implemented through GAF's PM system rather than being attached to the site's database in a more direct way. I'm sorry I can fix it.

What I can recommend is that if you generate a giveaway and don't post it, you can always resubmit the same games for a new giveaway and the timer will, of course, be reset.

Thanks for the tip .

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this big motherfucker is starting to annoy me. You fight him on a barn if I remember correctly from my PS2 days (I think I fought him, maybe I just saw him in trailers)

Also I dont like the rifle, its basically a sniper rifle meh. Shotgun 4 life

edit: oh hi Ada

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What thread is this?

Here you have my posts.
As for what might be getting me banned.
you know what, from some of this back-handed kind of stuff lately I know most of POPGAF has a low opinion of me. That's fine, I've enjoyed most of my time here and discovered some great new music (and hopefully provided some as well, I tried at least!), but don't worry I won't be bothering you guys anymore
(hope I see you in other threads Grizzo, BB and Vazduh <3 <3 )

Ehhh? I don't have a low opinion of you. In fact I don't think of you at all.
and follow up.
Gravelord_Nito, that post you just made would have been a great time to turn it off. It's like some of you don't really know the difference between the sort of repartee that is enjoyable and light-hearted, and stuff that is ultimately mean and helps to drive people from the thread. If he thinks that you guys have a low opinion of him, maybe you could try adjusting how you respond to him or at least clarifying how you intend your posts to come across.

I do not need to be nice if he wasn't nice to me. Sorry if I'm unfiltered.

I might be rude/harsh but I'm not a hypocrite. More rude things have been said by others on other occasions and I haven't seen you said anything back on those times.

Basically someone who wasn't nice to me didn't get nice treatment from me and I get called out when constantly people there go at each other at even worst comments.

Jawmuncher

Since were talking battleblock I just realized the other day on 360 that the coop and SP campaigns are different. I got close to the end with a friend who can't play anymore. Now it's either find another partner. Try and play coop by myself or go all the way through the ASAP campaign to the same spot.

They really should have had levels unlock regardless of how you played for either campaign.

Tektonic

Here you have my posts.
As for what might be getting me banned.

and follow up.

Basically someone who wasn't nice to me didn't get nice treatment from me and I get called out when constantly people there go at each other at even worst comments.

Stay in steam thread - we don't have any drama like that
except waifu, alpaca, derails ;)

Dr Dogg

this big motherfucker is starting to annoy me. You fight him on a barn if I remember correctly from my PS2 days (I think I fought him, maybe I just saw him in trailers)

Also I dont like the rifle, its basically a sniper rifle meh. Shotgun 4 life

Menendez boss fight
right? Shotgun is pretty much my preferred weapon of choice for that encounter, plus double up the stun lock/damage with grenades. Especially during the second phase. It's a bit hairy as you have to keep on moving and if you do get hit your at a point in the game where your max health is low and he hits like a train on Vet and Pro difficulties.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OH SHIT theres actually a decapitation animation in RE4? they took it out in RE5, thats cool

dying isnt cool tho lol

Menendez boss fight
right? Shotgun is pretty much my preferred weapon of choice for that encounter, plus double up the stun lock/damage with grenades. Especially during the second phase. It's a bit hairy as you have to keep on moving and if you do get hit your at a point in the game where your max health is low and he hits like a train on Vet and Pro difficulties.

not the boss yet no, he just keeps showing up and slaping me around like a bitch

Cheddahz

Banned
i have two more of these to get rid of, so yeah

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cheddahz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-2A9559D8E1253785

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
pop-gaf is a community thread built around a subculture where men pretend to be vampy, catty, bitchy women in the rupaul drag queen mold, speak in a nonsense made-up language designed for maximum shrillness, and insult each other for their preferences in top 40 music.

the fact that this would lead to hostile interactions, or interact poorly with a forum whose broader rules say not to insult one another, is not a surprise.

also ya fav is a busted bitch~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom