• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teppic

Some leftovers

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ DELUXE (Desura) -- MB-234CA2AF49C79154 - Taken by Eila
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-E54F6CC6B33DD2B8 - Taken by Hugstable
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-44FCF2023EBC9356 - Taken by RedFyn. 1 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-B153E55C28461639 - Taken by Sammichu
vRvbDCu.png
Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe (Origin) -- MB-299C4E4E1768D934 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-383E5E0873CF466C

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ DELUXE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Strategic War in Europe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for English Country Tune was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe (Origin) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Space (Origin) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Shadownet

Banned
Haha, I forgot all about it, actually. I was just listlessly scrolling through my library when I noticed Kingdoms was no longer present.

6786132-young-successful-businessman-relaxing-and-drinking-coffee-on-break.jpg

How I imagine you everyday. Sipping coffee, relaxing and browsing your library with a sense of satisfaction. Lol

"3000+ games, I'm still king of the world baby" *sip*

derExperte

You had me at Rouge Legacy. It does sound a lot more immediate that RL. Is the progression of a similar format? As in need a good few tries before you're skilled up enough to take down a boss. Looks like one to keep an eye on for sure.

New players should be able to reach and beat the first sub boss in the first five to ten minutes, the levels are really short. After that I died a few times before leveling up a little and understanding all the small game mechanics. Stage 5 or 6 of 10 (after which I suppose there's a big boss, then New Game+) is the farthest I've managed to go but I'm still playing very recklessly and don't feel like it's a must to grind for gold to get permanent upgrades yet, it helps but more important is the temporary leveling up of your character so make sure to kill most of the enemies in every stage. The game certainly feels smaller than RL but saying it's 'more immediate' is the perfect way to put it.

FYI it's a remake of http://www.kongregate.com/de/games/nerdook/vertical-drop-heroes which is much older than RL.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
6786132-young-successful-businessman-relaxing-and-drinking-coffee-on-break.jpg

How I imagine you everyday. Sipping coffee, relaxing and browsing your library with a sense of satisfaction. Lol

"3000+ games, I'm still king of the world baby" *sip*

I'm saving that moment for when I have the Korean Football Managers. :p

Volcynika

Made it to the last boss in Vertical Drop Heroes HD. That last boss is an ASSHOLE. Think I was really close to winning (
One of his phases had some magical shield thing that made my arrows disappear :(
). But I'm still really enjoying the game. Though the squid enemies can die in a pit of fire and brimstone, they are annoying as hell.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stacking -- MB-DF4D808E52877598 - Taken by pupo. 1 entrants total.

t1406382793z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thanks to ruruja for helping me test out my mic on twitch. Seems it worked fine.

I guess I have no excuses not to play those horror games now >_>

Are You Hyped!? I know I am!
Gollum, gollum.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (phoenix296, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor -- MB-0A9553291B8713E0 - Taken by Grief.exe. 106 entrants total.

t1406392633z1.png

Leftover from Indie Royale.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dirtywhirlwind, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Terrorhedron -- MB-68F05078F048CBF9 - Taken by Jadax. 7 entrants total.

t1406392813z1.png

Hi folks. Slept at 6am, woke up at 1pm. Feels good managing to get my sleep rhythm in tact again finally.
Since today is my birthday [...]
First of all congratulations! If I ever manage to become a normal human being, I'll try visiting you among other gafers in my planned US tour.
Just checked, I am a megagiver with only bundle trash. Not gonna enter though, my laptop sucks and those games wouldn't even start :D
I also won so many great games already, I am ashamed a bit lol
You opened the floodgates Shadownet.
I'm trying to gauge interest.
Would there be any demand for a giveaway of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion?
After getting the mother of all 4X games with CivV, I find myself more interested in that genre. Sins looks good and I am a sucker for sci-fi, so go for it! But it's so expensive, maybe you should wait for a deal and then give it away?
Max Payne double pack only one entrant pics
Damn right you're sad. These games changed my view of action games back then. Would have tried my luck if I was online, no doubt.
Cortex Command -- MB-01FAA262F701E2EB - Taken by hitoshi. 1 entrants total.
:(
Cortex Command -- MB-ABD2CCD13AD13F07 - Taken by freshVeggie
:)
WELP.
(I am Crazy Cat Lady.)
As someone with depression, this game looks interesting. Will enter next time. Thanks for the chance.

I am currently uploading the Left4Dead2 match from two days ago, should be done in about 2 hours. Always interesting to see gaf with their game face on.
Yesterday we also played Silent Hill Otherside of Life campaign. Gonna post my impressions so far later as I think it captured the dreadful feeling of Silent Hill very nicely and everyone loving Silent Hill should try it.

Last repost, I bought them for the giveaway because they look cool, whoever wins let me know if the games are good and I might buy them for myself next month when I have money again.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Black The Fall -- MB-963B6FA960A0270C - Taken by adaen. 31 entrants total.
Halfway -- MB-B718DBE2E8BB5CE1 - Taken by Uzzy. 60 entrants total.

t1406384779z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So if Operation Flashpoint: Red River is getting a port to Mac/Linux based off that image from the Feral Interactive website, what's the over-under of them also stripping the GFWL from the windows version? Pretty good right?

JaseC

So if Operation Flashpoint: Red River is getting a port to Mac/Linux based off that image from the Feral Interactive website, what's the over-under of them also stripping the GFWL from the windows version? Pretty good right?

It'd be practically assured as GFWL isn't cross-platform.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Brazen Prototype -- MB-71F6C7EF7183B2AB

Eanan

I'm saving that moment for when I have the Korean Football Managers. :p
Are you at the top of the worldwide games owned leaderboard on steam, or is there someone who is still ahead of you?

There's a German guy on my friends list with thousands of games in saying that.

JaseC

Are you at the top of the worldwide games owned leaderboard on steam, or is there someone who is still ahead of you?

There are several people ahead of me, although it's hard to be sure where I stand exactly these days now that the Top 500 list is no more, but I can say that A dJ leads the pack. Assuming everyone else keeps at it I think I've missed the boat on too much stuff to crack the Top 5 (I didn't start "collecting" until the close of the 2012 Summer Sale and, to a lesser extent, later Autumn/Winter Sales were far less bountiful than I was hoping due to Christmas plans changing), but that doesn't bother me.

Drakhyrr

If they're really working on that, then it's almost assured they will remove it. The only thing that's keeping publishers\devs from taking GFWL out of their games is finding it worth it to bother updating their older games in the first place.

I'd rather they take it out of Dirt 2 and get it back on the store, though.

Hugstable

Banned
There are several people ahead of me, although it's hard to be sure where I stand exactly these days now that the Top 500 list is no more, but I can say that A dJ leads the pack. Assuming everyone else keeps at it I think I've missed the boat on too much stuff to crack the Top 5 (I didn't start "collecting" until the close of the 2012 Summer Sale and later Autumn/Winter Sales were far less bountiful than I was hoping due to Christmas plans changing), but that doesn't bother me.

Wow he's already passed 3500 and well on his way to trying to go for 4K o_O. Are there many games that were only released for a bit and got taken off Steam forever?

GwmHMsj.png

Just barely 2 months ago I had exactly 1 game in my account. What the heck happened..
fry_drooling.gif

You should be at 100 now ;P

I'll be pre-ordering this either tomorrow or Monday (along with some other games). Hopefully it grabs me as it should then more or less lead me into AssCreed Unity.

you get a good deal on it? The RU price is pretty good, but this game seems like it's really close to the "awesome or bomba" line.

GwmHMsj.png

Just barely 2 months ago I had exactly 1 game in my account. What the heck happened..
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fry_drooling.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

aww. that's cute.

Deadbeat

Banned
Forgot I have extra keys.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deadbeat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Bioshock -- MB-789C3E9BEDABA8B4 - Taken by Thorgal

Dr Dogg

My first Steam Sale proper I bought, amongst other things, The Paradox Complete pack which added 95 games to my account. Yeah I wasn't fucking around.

New players should be able to reach and beat the first sub boss in the first five to ten minutes, the levels are really short. After that I died a few times before leveling up a little and understanding all the small game mechanics. Stage 5 or 6 of 10 (after which I suppose there's a big boss, then New Game+) is the farthest I've managed to go but I'm still playing very recklessly and don't feel like it's a must to grind for gold to get permanent upgrades yet, it helps but more important is the temporary leveling up of your character so make sure to kill most of the enemies in every stage. The game certainly feels smaller than RL but saying it's 'more immediate' is the perfect way to put it.

FYI it's a remake of http://www.kongregate.com/de/games/nerdook/vertical-drop-heroes which is much older than RL.

Nice, cheers for the link. Yeah certainly sounds like it has a similar scope but sounds like you make quite quick progress. Replayability might be something I'd keep an eye on but local coop is a plus and if online does feature at some point that could be even better. Cheers again for the impressions.

I'll be pre-ordering this either tomorrow or Monday (along with some other games). Hopefully it grabs me as it should then more or less lead me into AssCreed Unity.

It's AC in Middle Earth (not plagiarism though) so what's not to like. All it needs it's a shit load of collectables and some decent chieveos and it's a lock for me.

Wow I never thought of that. Just trying to think of another GFWL titles that were ported to Mac or Linux obviously without GFWL.

JaseC

Wow he's already passed 3500 and well on his way to trying to go for 4K o_O. Are there many games that were only released for a bit and got taken off Steam forever?

Just about everything in this list. Strategy First's version of Infected: Twin Vaccine is undoubtedly the rarest game on Steam as it was available for all of 601 seconds -- fortunately, though, my stuff-up sense was tingling and I snagged the game before SF realised its mistake (MumboJumbo had long ago already uploaded the Collector's Edition, but it took SF 10 minutes to realise this). I'm actually not aware of anyone else who owns it, so it's proudly displayed as a Featured Game on my profile. ;)

Saty

Do you have a set-up where you get a notification every time a new game is released so you can go ahead and grab it? Do you check the upcoming releases and then prioritize what's to buy first? One is a licensed game; one has chances of being removed etc.

derExperte

There are several people ahead of me, although it's hard to be sure where I stand exactly these days now that the Top 500 list is no more, but I can say that A dJ leads the pack. Assuming everyone else keeps at it I think I've missed the boat on too much stuff to crack the Top 5, but that doesn't bother me.

His favorite game is Killing Floor. This guy. This guy.

Anyway, the only way for you to win is to survive them all. So live a healthy life and watch out for drop bears.

But what are you going to do when Valve actually opens up Steam and everyone can instantly sell their rubbish there (however that will work)? I figure it would become a nightmare for hoarders.

Micron is new, but I think I won't like it.

Sure about that? Because it's good at what it does and not too long, a nice little snack for inbetween.

There are several people ahead of me, although it's hard to be sure where I stand exactly these days now that the Top 500 list is no more, but I can say that A dJ leads the pack.

There's at least one guy who currently has more than him although I think the crown goes back and forth between the two of them.

bloke

What image, I'm always looking forward to more linux ports.

Vuze

Steam trading is such a mess v_v
e36784f3ae.png

In other news I think I solved Shadownets bday challenge. Now to the hardest part: draw a comic strip. mspaint to the rescue

redlacs

wont hurt

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (redlacs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Thief Gold -- MB-637C36F55636090C - Taken by Ilúvatar

JaseC

Do you have a set-up where you get a notification every time a new game is released so you can go ahead and grab it? Do you check the upcoming releases and then prioritize what's to buy first? One is a licensed game; one has chances of being removed etc.

I don't have a notification system or anything; I'm pretty much always refreshing the registry, but, yeah, licensed stuff gets priority. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a few spares of Ashes Cricket 2013 as it's worth a small fortune these days. I was completely oblivious to its awful state when I bought it.

But what are you going to do when Valve actually opens up Steam and everyone can instantly sell their rubbish there (however that will work)? I figure it would become a nightmare for hoarders.

I'm not sure. It ultimately depends on how the transition away from Greenlight is handled, I suppose. First thing's first, though: I need a better p/t job as in my current situation I can't afford to spend more on Steam than I already do, haha.

There's at least one guy who currently has more than him although I think the crown goes back and forth between the two of them.

That'd be textonly. Most of the time DJ is ahead but every now and then text takes the lead for a short while, though mind you I'm basing this on past Top 500 updates as I don't have him on my friends list.

aku:jiki

Finished Betrayer. I did like exploring it all the way to the last area, but the endgame beyond that was kind of crap. Even more vague than the rest of the game and with a highly unsatisfying ending to the story. They needed to do more to make you care about the "maiden in red", and not just have her stand around idly in every fort for you to talk to, since she ends up being the focus of the story.

I have no idea what the ending was about and I still have no idea why I kept giving the maiden gifts. Maybe there's a different ending if you do better with the gift giving. I don't know, because I'm not playing it again. Not because it sucked, but because this is a one-and-done type of game. Once you know the story and have explored everywhere, there's really no point.

Big minus points for having ridiculously miscalculated achievements. 1000 kills? I finished at a little over 400! I could've gone for mopping up all collectables to get the 100% completion, since I like hanging out in this pretty forest, if it wasn't for that. Ain't nobody got time for grinding 600 kills!

Ozium

Micron is new, but I think I won't like it.
International Snooker...the same XD

I just played a little bit of Micron and it's cool IMO. Basically you have to redirect balls around an are by placing tiles to get them to the exit. The music is good and as you solve the puzzles the reflecting of the balls make notes that change up the sound.. It seems like it'd be fun but I was just testing the waters

edit: also anyone interested in vertical drop heroes the 30% off is available at GMG as well if you have credit to burn

Shadownet

Banned
So i'm playing Batman Arkham Origin right now. I have DX11 turned on. should I turn it off? I feel like the game isn't that well optimized.

Lain

edit: also anyone interested in vertical drop heroes the 30% off is available at GMG as well if you have credit to burn

It's even cheaper on Gamefly for people that don't have GMG credit (cost me 3.10€ +/-), and even more cheaper on... Gamesrocket at 1.95€ as isthereanydeal points out.

rtcn63

I woke up in bad mood and I see my PM and my face changes as I see that I have won Divinity. OMGAWD

Congrats brah. I woke up this morning to my mom having Vietnam flashbacks- when they dragged her first husband into the fields, tied him up, and executed him via impromptu firing squad.

adaen

I've won XCOM Enemy Unknown from phoenix296's mystery game giveaway. I already own the game so I give it away again. I already redeemed the the humble gift link but not the key itself, so hopefully this still works.

If you want to thank someone, thank phoenix296 for his generosity

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-CD20A1BA17B06FDF - Taken by Natty1. 12 entrants total.

t1406395274z1.png

Double

Repost since nobody took it apparently ;>

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stacking -- MB-DF4D808E52877598 - Taken by pupo. 1 entrants total.

t1406382793z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom