• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Lol, does anyone want Micron?
Also, what I sould type to make a timer in my giveaway?

Grab is yourself. I'm not even kidding.

RAFFLE
This will make your giveaway a raffle. A random eligible entry will be chosen after 3 hours. If no one has entered at this point, it'll become first come first serve.
RAFFLE24
This will make your giveaway a raffle. A random eligible entry will be chosen after 24 hours. If no one has entered at this point, it'll become first come first serve.
SHORTRAFFLE
This will make your giveaway a lightning raffle. A random eligible entry will be chosen after 15 minutes. If no one has entered at this point, it'll become first come first serve.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858592

nerdook

Neo Member
Made it to the last boss in Vertical Drop Heroes HD. That last boss is an ASSHOLE. Think I was really close to winning (
One of his phases had some magical shield thing that made my arrows disappear :(
). But I'm still really enjoying the game. Though the squid enemies can die in a pit of fire and brimstone, they are annoying as hell.

I'm sorry about that. The final boss actually
has a random pool of abilities from all of the possible abilities you will ever unlock
... :D

Kiru

Everybody fearing the throttle... I know how it feels...lost my 100% chance at Spelunky yesterday. Too much stuff given away right now...^^

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need to stop buying early access games. not that they are bad (well some are), just this nagging feeling that youre missing something (and most likely you are)

rtcn63

OMG. Hope she is doing better now.

She is. Just bad memories from a lifetime ago, worsened by how some of her family still blames her for it- she called him there, unaware that it was her cousin who alerted the bad guys. My mom is 65, this is the first I'm hearing of this. She tells me to be "understanding" of my older half-sister because she grew up without a father.

Ozium

I need to stop buying early access games. not that they are bad (well some are), just this nagging feeling that youre missing something (and most likely you are)

and yet there are some that are more feature complete than new releases.. the microcosm of early access is similar to that of fully released titles--some are crap, most are okay, some are great. in the end, is there really any difference between early access and a full release other than expectations? Then again, even with "released" games expectations can not always be fulfilled.

Hugstable

Banned
God that Freedom Planet topic that popped up just not too long ago has so much hate in it :(. I really want to play it so bad and it's sad to see a game get alot of hate like that from many people that haven't even played it.

Shadownet

Banned
Congrats brah. I woke up this morning to my mom having Vietnam flashbacks- when they dragged her first husband into the fields, tied him up, and executed him via impromptu firing squad.

damn. I'm sorry Kirosia. Thats terrible.

is your mom Vietnamese? and you're too?

One early access game was thrust upon me (Wasteland 2, since I backed it) and what I played of it was good, but I've decided to shelve it until the full release. I avoid EA games. Not only is there that feeling that you're missing something, but the even worse feeling that the things you're missing might never show up. And of course, the feeling that you're paying to beta test.

Thorgal

Speaking of the raffle timer , i wish it didn't started counting down as soon as it was sent .

I gave away a game once and when i recieved the post from modbot i had something come up and had to leave for a bit and when i came back the timer only had 5 minutes left .

Edit: ^^ good afternoon . :p

rtcn63

damn. I'm sorry Kirosia. Thats terrible.

is your mom Vietnamese? and you're too?

Cambodian. My mom is Cambo-Viet-Chinese. If you think that was strange, maybe I'll tell you the circumstances surrounding the "adoption" of my half-brother from my dad's side someday.

And sorry, this has nothing to do with gaming, but it was just a weird thing to wake up to. My mom is generally the cheeriest individual in our family.

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

Whoa looks like Primal Carnage is getting a huge update. It's been talked about for awhile but I don't think any of it has hit yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=215470

The recode was originally started by Lukewarm’s Lead Programmer, Jack Morgan, when he came aboard the team last October. He quickly found that the intended improvements and expansions presented a whole lot of challenges. The game was not initially built with a large amount of extensibility in mind. The bugs, fixes, and more bugs many fans may remember in patches 1.2 and 1.3 largely reflected the team bumping into many of the limitations that existed when trying to expand upon the old foundation. Jack’s attempts to update small portions of functionality generally resulted in overhauling entire game subsystems.

Ultimately after much discussion between the Pub Games team and Jack, the decision was ultimately made to rebuild the game from the ground up. The upside was that we had a great point of reference in the original game and a solid get of goals on how to improve it, but it was and is still a very heavy task.

That was how this massive update began. Let’s look now at where it’s brought Primal Carnage.

VISUAL AND PERFORMANCE OVERHAUL

The recode will deliver both aesthetic upgrades and improve performance of the game. In order to create a much more immersive feel for the game, every environment in the game has received an overhaul. Across the board, there has been a major shader update. Everything from full lighting schemes of environments to small details have been improved. Foliage now has light softly scattering through it adding a soft glow to the jungle around you and characters now look like living organic creatures with flesh as opposed to plastic.

One of the major complaints in the past with Primal Carnage has been how easy it’s been to get lost in some maps. We’ve aimed to mitigate this problem, ensuring that locations are identifiable and more distinct. All maps now have key features to distinguish where you are at all times.

For a firsthand look at some of these improvements watch the first development update video on the recode:

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

The biggest challenge with the recode was how to improve Primal while keeping as much of the feel of the game as we can. The changes we’ve come up with are very broad-spectrum - everything from improving movement of dinosaurs, to collision fixes, and gametype updates. The list is too large to place in this update, so consequently it will be broken down in various news pieces, as every aspect of the game has had an eye cast over it for ways it can be changed for the better. Teamwork is more beneficial. Combat is more visceral. Killing feels more satisfying.

STEAM ECONOMY SYSTEM: DINO-LOOT

Sometime in the last month you may have noticed a strange (and currently empty) section in your Steam inventory. The new version of Primal Carnage fully integrates the Steam Economy system and will bring fans an item and trading system similar to that seen in Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and DOTA2.

At launch, the economy will contain a variety of weapon skins, dinosaur skins and dinosaur models, but this is just the start. Over the lifetime of the project, Lukewarm and Pub Games plan to expand the economy to include plenty of new and exciting items. Not only will these items be tradeable, but players can also sell them on the Steam Marketplace. Lukewarm Media will also continue to offer new premium paid item that will be available through the in-game store.

HORDE MODE

The last major component of the recode is the introduction of Horde mode to the game. Inspired by invasion-survival game types such as Gear of War’s Horde mode, players must survive waves of dinosaurs - building fortifications and completing objectives throughout the game. We think the Horde mode is a great addition to the game brought to us by Pub Games and provides players with another way to enjoy Primal. There will be a future news feature of this gamemode later this month with further details.

THE FUTURE

We’re all really excited about what the future holds for Primal Carnage. Over the coming months, we’ll be regularly providing more updates in the form of videos, screenshots, and dev diaries. We’ll give you a unique look behind the scenes of the development of Primal Carnage with developer interviews. Make sure you follow us on social media for regular updates!

A UI update is also in the works.

A lot of great changes that I can hopefully use to convince more of you to play with me. I made a steam group and everything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
these weapons the dude sells, can you find them in game aswell or only from him? I can buy a rifle now for example (after buying the bigger inventory) but dont want to waste money

Im talking about Resident Evil 4 btw

Shadownet

Banned
Cambodian. My mom is Cambo-Viet-Chinese. If you think that was strange, maybe I'll tell you the circumstances surrounding the "adoption" of my half-brother from my dad's side someday.

And sorry, this has nothing to do with gaming, but it was just a weird thing to wake up to. My mom is generally the cheeriest individual in our family.

Well as someone who come from Vietnam, I know some people who were affected by the war, I hope your mom feel better mate. if you ever need to talk about anything (gaming or OT). feel free to PM or talk to me on Steam.

Jawmuncher

these weapons the dude sells, can you find them in game aswell or only from him? I can buy a rifle now for example (after buying the bigger inventory) but dont want to waste money

You find a few but you need to buy his weapons to stay alive / have a Better expierence.

I always confuse this with Orion: Dino Horde.

All of my work has been for nothing.
Since you aren't the only one.

Hugstable

Banned

I think you can only get them from him? I haven't played in awhile but I remember you needing to buy most of your weapons from the merchant. There might be a few weapoons you can find noramlly within the game though. Buy and Upgrade that Red9 pistol!

so I should buy this rifle? I even have some ammo for it already

Which rifle?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
header.jpg

Whoa looks like Primal Carnage is getting a huge update. It's been talked about for awhile but I don't think any of it has hit yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=215470

A UI update is also in the works.

A lot of great changes that I can hopefully use to convince more of you to play with me. I made a steam group and everything.

Looks pretty fun. IsThereAnyDeal says that it was sub-$1 last December, so hopefully it will be again soon.

AHA-Lambda

There's a couple extra keys here if anyone wants one:

Hitman 2 -- MB-9F8B442C86F3F654 - Taken by Speevy
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-DB151346FF4F981E - Taken by GrinningColossus
Anachronox -- MB-EBE7207615FBC372 - Taken by WisK
Thief Gold -- MB-CF0316547726037C - Taken by UncleO
Mini Ninjas -- MB-05E0B162B71142D1 - Taken by adriano999
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-98E9C7464F2F1002 - Taken by Benedict
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-F8D270D17DBC950A - Taken by dinopoke

rtcn63

Well as someone who come from Vietnam, I know some people who were affected by the war, I hope your mom feel better mate. if you ever need to talk about anything (gaming or OT). feel free to PM or talk to me on Steam.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm American-born, and I didn't suffer first-hand from the wars. It does help me understand a bit more why my parents are how they are.

Send ModBot a PM with the subject my loot. What you put in the message body doesn't matter. You need to have given away at least 25 titles.

Ah. It says I have given 25. But there's no eligibility for mega givers. It says there that I'm eligible for 'givers only' rules.

Dr Dogg

Most you'll have to get from the merchant and all the rifles you buy from him. The freebies are as follows:-

Handgun - Start with.

Shotgun - On the 1st floor in a house in the village where you first get rushed.

Punisher - Handgun that's a Merchant reward for shooting 10 medallions. Upgraded is you shoot them all.

Rocket Launcher - Later on in the Castle in a display case. Single use mind so save it for something special.

Broken Butterfly - Free Magnum. You pass a room you need Ashley to help you open the door but you come back to it a little later on.

Super Rocket Launcher - It's a Resi convention for the
final boss.

I think that's your lot in the game, there rest you need to buy.

Deadbeat

Banned
Surprised lurkers havent at least scooped it up.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deadbeat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bioshock -- MB-789C3E9BEDABA8B4 - Taken by Thorgal

JustinBB7

I finally signed up for GMG (I know I'm late!) and linked my Steam to playfire. Do I have to run their client if I ever do those achievements for money thing?

Also is that code for a discount on Dark Souls 2 season pass still working and if so, what was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom