• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
pop-gaf is a community thread built around a subculture where men pretend to be vampy, catty, bitchy women in the rupaul drag queen mold, speak in a nonsense made-up language designed for maximum shrillness, and insult each other for their preferences in top 40 music.

the fact that this would lead to hostile interactions, or interact poorly with a forum whose broader rules say not to insult one another, is not a surprise.

also ya fav is a busted bitch~

tumblr_mipaokMkkt1s5haico1_500.gif

Shadownet

Banned
Since today is my birthday, I thought I would give a little token of appreciation to you guys. Thank you for making my time at SteamGAF a wonderful experience. There have been tough times but there were even more wonderful moments. You guys are an awesome group of people, don't ever change.

Here is a little fun for everyone :) Good luck to everyone!
(A special thanks to a handful of people who helped made this happened. You know who you are! thank you so much guys from the bottom of my heart!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Great Detective Challenge"

If you win one of the prizes below then you are disqualified from this challenge. I want everyone to have a chance to win something. So choose carefully, do you want to risk it all for this challenge or play it a bit safer and enter the giveaways below?
Please read the rules and the challenge very carefully.
The prizes will be kept a secret until the winners are announced.

Please include in the title of your PM to me (The Great Detective Challenge - Submission) also please show your reasoning for all the answers and include your drawing/comic strip! Take your time with the drawing! no need to rush!
Link to the rules
Link to the challenge
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

(Some of these games are not available yet, I will gift them to you personally once they're available for preorder)

t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition -- MB-66D0CC47BD68A513 - Taken by oipic. 54 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-0E90B2C9265F9FA3 - Taken by Speevy. 62 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Knight (2015) -- MB-D3441C80B7342F16 - Taken by Daedalos42. 68 entrants total.
Divinity: Original Sin #2 -- MB-F26E343ADB9FD1B1 - Taken by Toki767. 41 entrants total.
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-4C6AE727B04CC88F - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 43 entrants total.
Dying Light (2015) -- MB-A33F35DBC436224F - Taken by dot. 33 entrants total.
Mighty No. 9 (2015) -- MB-0290344FF9E0D9E0 - Taken by Benedict. 30 entrants total.
Hyper Light Drifter (2014) -- MB-2C82F7662DD36D5A - Taken by Wok. 31 entrants total.
Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015) -- MB-F139B8A6AF0EF846 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 51 entrants total.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor -- MB-F93825C973FAA0D9 - Taken by saunderez. 63 entrants total.

t1406442553z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 38 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_586x192.jpg

capsule_467x181.jpg

Metro: Last Light Redux -- MB-75BA007DE28711A3 - Taken by DunderHassan. 68 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-3B7E090538A2E0B1 - Taken by Cyan. 1 entrants total.
Syberia Bundle #3 -- MB-03AAC69A18E14AC6 - Taken by 73V3N. 1 entrants total.
Syberia Bundle #2 -- MB-9E30F9D5DBD93CE3 - Taken by Dingotech. 1 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-24563E07675EB919
Syberia Bundle -- MB-FCFEAEF503C2AE9B - Taken by tylerf. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-49DE199D7742C396
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising -- MB-37D42CA7533D4D80
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-3FBC6CC4B2840248 - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia. 2 entrants total.

Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-FE9C758F7FF76108 - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-33446565ED7F8975 - Taken by jshackles. 49 entrants total.
Medal of Honor #2 -- MB-F888AAD40516B4FB
Warlock -- MB-100E5CA182EA4ED7 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-F7A8AF92A22E3686
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising #2 -- MB-8EE9160FE181E3B0 - Taken by rookiejet. 2 entrants total.
Deponia The Complete Journey -- MB-B514D0EF1CB8F15E - Taken by wilflare. 17 entrants total.
Ys: Origin -- MB-D9B2135D18B6C482 - Taken by mannerbot. 21 entrants total.
Broforce #2 -- MB-7930E23E5FD71A40 - Taken by oupi. 56 entrants total.

Volgarr the Viking #2 -- MB-603D8B895B4E96CD - Taken by Locust. 28 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-2977A4A47AB8EA02 - Taken by Cyberquake. 28 entrants total.
NightSky -- MB-52816096450BBE20

Magicka + 2 DLC -- MB-81BD12CE254BF6D9
Desert Thunder -- MB-A145D5D71458DD47
Leviathan: Warships -- MB-3136E9F86E0BCEC9
Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-38CC2C29925EAAD3 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 17 entrants total.
Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans) -- MB-B512E9E10B41AB97 - Taken by crazyrabbits - Taken by JakeD. 4 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-DD930770A494D282 - Taken by Deadbeat. 3 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge #2 -- MB-2ACDC8232BD9F221
Broforce -- MB-2D08C73DC54036F9 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 60 entrants total.
Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative -- MB-AAACD5CAC8C3186D - Taken by Kryptonite. 7 entrants total.
Rayman Origins -- MB-E9CE5E73F202403C - Taken by Sajjaja. 25 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-B123FDA2EF8D34A9 - Taken by Rudakus. 3 entrants total.
ibb & obb -- MB-4D7FF53BBE421689 - Taken by drakaenae. 10 entrants total.
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-8B3D6EC16A94BD40 - Taken by Anteater. 70 entrants total.
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-21A5EBB001E4D1FD - Taken by Ventara. 6 entrants total.
Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative #2 -- MB-BA2B1301FB7F880D - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 6 entrants total.

Metro 2033 Redux -- MB-B19F9E452CF92E55 - Taken by diablogod. 51 entrants total.

t1406442613z1.png

Tektonic

pop-gaf is a community thread built around a subculture where men pretend to be vampy, catty, bitchy women in the rupaul drag queen mold, speak in a nonsense made-up language designed for maximum shrillness, and insult each other for their preferences in top 40 music.

the fact that this would lead to hostile interactions, or interact poorly with a forum whose broader rules say not to insult one another, is not a surprise.
I went in to see what nito was worried about, you are dead on. I quickly closed that tab, and retreated to the safety of steamgaf.

All hail modbot!

Flawless

Cheddahz

Banned
happy birthday to everyone who has had a birthday this week (i know it's a good number of people)! i've been away from my laptop for most of the week (went to a show and just been chilling in the city since then)

cheers to all of the birthday people and i hope you enjoyed your day!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wheres this vendor dude, I got pesetas to spend damn it!

also if you understand spanish, the bad guys curse a lot in RE4 :p

edit: oh here he is... he must be reading Gaf I guess o_O

Jawmuncher

happy birthday to everyone who has had a birthday this week (i know it's a good number of people)! i've been away from my laptop for most of the week (went to a show and just been chilling in the city since then)

cheers to all of the birthday people and i hope you enjoyed your day!

I hope your next birthday at the cheese farm is a special one. Maybe you can finally become Swiss or provolone.

Jesus, King of Fighters is hard.

ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

lol

Yeah I played a bit of it last year and was all over the place. I think the waiter looking character with the gloves was who I managed to play with best.

Dr Dogg

not the boss yet no, he just keeps showing up and slaping me around like a bitch

Hahaha well he'll get his comeuppance soon enough. The first shotgun you get is pretty much all purpose and you can get by with it most of the game. I'm not a fan of the Riot Gun and it's loopy special upgrade. I tend to go for the Striker towards the end. Though a rifle for when your on the island is pretty much a cert if you want to deal with the freaky
Regenerators and even freakier Iron Maidens
without running away crying in panic.

Sounds like the regulars from the pub down the road from me.

hahahahaha

this was my first time going in there

and the last time as well

rtcn63

I like Taylor Swift and I don't think I'd the emotional fortitude to survive in PopGAF. Should really remember to stay out of the OT in general, I'm a bit heavy-handed in my myopic opinions.

Also want to be megagiver but I'd just be giving out crud bundle games everyone has.

Mokoi

Banned
New players should be able to reach and beat the first sub boss in the first five to ten minutes, the levels are really short. After that I died a few times before leveling up a little and understanding all the small game mechanics. Stage 5 or 6 of 10 (after which I suppose there's a big boss, then New Game+) is the farthest I've managed to go but I'm still playing very recklessly and don't feel like it's a must to grind for gold to get permanent upgrades yet, it helps but more important is the temporary leveling up of your character so make sure to kill most of the enemies in every stage. The game certainly feels smaller than RL but saying it's 'more immediate' is the perfect way to put it.

FYI it's a remake of http://www.kongregate.com/de/games/n...al-drop-heroes which is much older than RL.

Hmm played the game on Kongregate for a little bit, and was quite fun. Also seems very addicting which is both a good and bad thing. Definitely going to pick this up at some point, and thanks for the link.

Jesus, KOF is hard.
ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg
lol

Yeah I'm just sticking to Skullgirls as my main fighting game. KOF was just too hard to get into right now.

OH SHIT theres actually a decapitation animation in RE4? they took it out in RE5, thats cool

Damm your making want to play this right now. I've already installed it, and really want to see what is so good about RE4 . Only have played RE5.

Shadownet

Banned
The challenge is breaking my brain. Time to do something else and come back to it later.

Holy shit dude you did all this on your birthday?!? Really cool idea too for the main giveaway with that detective story. Pretty neat stuff, and Happy Birthday once again bro!

I think that giveaway broke my brain...

Happy bday shadownet! Ill just enter the giveaway as i cant draw for shit :/

As I say, this challenge is meant to be tough :p to fit the Batman theme. But honestly, if you can figure out which Joker has which venom and where they are at. You just passed the hard part. Figuring out which Joker is the real one, thats the easy part. You have been staring at the answer the entire time without realizing it. You just have to pay attention :)

by the way, I would recommend spending most of the time on the drawing/comic strip since you want them to be as good as possible. the correct answer is just the entrance fee. The drawing is what will determine if you actually win or not :)

r3n4ud

Happy birthday Shadownet. You're an amazing person, no doubt.

Also happy birthday to the other folks who've celebrated recently. I haven't been around much as of late and noticed others have had birthdays as well.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of dirtywhirlwind, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dirtywhirlwind, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Terrorhedron -- MB-68F05078F048CBF9 - Taken by Jadax. 7 entrants total.

t1406392813z1.png

Got these in a email, enjoy, games pretty fun. Go to nosgoth.com to redeem. (Gives a Steam key)

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Dear Leader:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Dear Leader, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Nosgoth Closed Beta Invite #1 -- MB-87ECCE8417949F06 - Taken by kudoboi
Nosgoth Closed Beta Invite #3 -- MB-E8EB6DBFFD0C134D
Nosgoth Closed Beta Invite #2 -- MB-E2FB6DEA3F5D30F7

Shadownet

Banned
Happy Birthday, Shadownet! I think people are supposed to give you presents instead of the other way around, though. :p

People keep telling me that, but I never listen :p

Also want to be megagiver but I'd just be giving out crud bundle games everyone has.

I posted something Stump said a couple pages back. Basically he said, even if its bundle games, there will be someone out there that will enjoy it. So dont exclude yourself because you think your games doesn't mean much. Because to someone out there, its probably what they been waiting for. So if you want to give away some bundle games or whatever, to enter my giveaway. You should :) thats what I tell everyone.

----------------

oYZ6sg7.png

A couple of people have given me birthday presents, but since its also coincidentally that I was 1 game away from 100. I decided to pick Sub-Zero present as my 100th. I couldn't think of any better game I would want it to be :) So thank you Sub and everyone else who have given me something. You didn't have to and I certainly didn't need anything, but I appreciate your generous thoughts!

Tizoc

Maybe it is because i been playing kof for years but it is not that hard to grasp after some practice in training mode.

Dingotech

Since were talking battleblock I just realized the other day on 360 that the coop and SP campaigns are different. I got close to the end with a friend who can't play anymore. Now it's either find another partner. Try and play coop by myself or go all the way through the ASAP campaign to the same spot.

They really should have had levels unlock regardless of how you played for either campaign.

There are unlocks everywhere in that game!

But I don't need anything else once I unlocked Bacon & Egg Face!! Awww yiss

RS4-

Maybe it is because i been playing kof for years but it is not that hard to grasp after some practice in training mode.

It's weird, KOF has always felt different to me compared to SF. But I'll chalk that up to maybe playing it for only a few hours overall. Despite having worked in an arcade that had cabs for it.

I've played more CFJ and SVC than actual KOF lol, that's how little KOF time I put in.

abracadaver

Is anyone still not having Bioshock ?

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-294F1C3E4E23F2F9 - Taken by shackdaddy836. 1 entrants total.

t1406390294z1.png

Uzzy

Happy Birthday Shadownet.

Question. Would anyone be interested in playing some Europa Universalis 4 with me
? Bit of a big commitment, I know, but if we could get a GAF game going and maybe meet up once a week to play for a few hours, it could work.

ShogunX

fLCGwGI.png

Well that was an ordeal. Remix bosses kicked my arse multiple times but got lucky and managed to beat them. Hard as nails though and not something I would want to repeat any time soon.

Aitor

leftovers
ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Thief Gold -- MB-BFDE711C7C34E28E - Taken by City 17
BIT TRIP RUNNER -- MB-56CA7118E42EECC9 - Taken by darkchewie
Sequence -- MB-AD3263630B480484 - Taken by fspm
Universe Sandbox -- MB-9F13D35016380DD5 - Taken by Kiru
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection -- MB-F88C659DFBE37D1C - Taken by Perun
Sid Meiers Civilization III Complete -- MB-A55BF823CA3A4171 - Taken by Rudakus
Deus Ex:The Fall -- MB-1AE082DC7456C3A0 - Taken by Kiru
Faerie Solitaire -- MB-2B58FD994D39B2EF - Taken by SSPssp
Anomaly 2 -- MB-792B12BBFB06EC87 - Taken by ev0
Hitman Absolution -- MB-E398C37CEA763E78 - Taken by abracadaver
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 -- MB-39596586CF3D946E - Taken by SSPssp
Mini Ninjas -- MB-EFE6F9FCDCBBA171 - Taken by Newblade
And Yet It Moves -- MB-A00BFD082BB9EA70 - Taken by deadflower81

Since today is my birthday, I thought I would give a little token of appreciation to you guys. Thank you for making my time at SteamGAF a wonderful experience. There have been tough times but there were even more wonderful moments. You guys are an awesome group of people, don't ever change.

Here is a little fun for everyone :) Good luck to everyone!
(A special thanks to a handful of people who helped made this happened. You know who you are! thank you so much guys from the bottom of my heart!)
"The Great Detective Challenge"

If you win one of the prizes below then you are disqualified from this challenge. I want everyone to have a chance to win something. So choose carefully, do you want to risk it all for this challenge or play it a bit safer and enter the giveaways below?
Please read the rules and the challenge very carefully.
The prizes will be kept a secret until the winners are announced.

Please include in the title of your PM to me (The Great Detective Challenge - Submission) also please show your reasoning for all the answers and include your drawing/comic strip! Take your time with the drawing! no need to rush!
Link to the rules
Link to the challenge
<3 happy birthday. Good luck to all those who enter

rtcn63

Pollos

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kirosia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kirosia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- No waifus daily. If you posted a picture of an animu waifu in the 24 hours, you're still eligible, take what you want I don't care.

Daikatana -- MB-830F87F3563A5D88 - Taken by Porcupine
Mini Ninjas -- MB-BFB80F2ACB04A42C - Taken by interion
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-B5D1B1449AB3F63E - Taken by Jmanunknown
Anachronox -- MB-9BC3B6631E76DCD4 - Taken by tylergregg
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-DCCC7AF2D0460493 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom