• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

if you have a smartphone or a camera, take a picture of the drawing and upload it to imgur or something? work just as well :)

I really can't draw, so it wouldn't be much better than what I threw together in paint and used. I'm not too worried about having a valid entry for the challenge, I just really, really like messing with brain teasers.

If I win something from the modbot giveaway, awesome. If not, oh well. I'll take pride knowing that I helped take down the Joker.
Please don't forsake me, Modbot.

You deserve it man. You are one of the nicest people in here and don't let anybody get you down. Unfortunately I couldn't so as I explained to a lot of members/friends who asked me on Steam I will be leaving this site for good as I can't deal with all the insults and personal attacks towards me anymore. I could ignore them at first, but when they became an everyday occurrence and even got off site I couldn't deal with them anymore. I put a lot of trust in this community and it bit me in the back :( I wanted to believe that I never wronged anyone from here. I didn't steal from you, I didn't insult you and the 1000$+ worth of games I've offered were just acts of generosity and I didn't want to show off. If the $5 that I stole from playfire makes me a thief, a criminal and an asshole then I don't know what to say...

As for the ones who are responsible for my departure. You should be proud, maybe give each other a pat in the back. At least you achieved something in your miserable lifes ;)

Farewell

Wait you're leaving? Who's been fucking with you? :(

oh nvm... shitty people hounding him. A damn shame, I liked him.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sub zero, please don't go! Don't let some hateful nobodies get you down bro

Gravelord nito - the fuck you doing, wasting your life in pop gaf?

One of the biggest mysteries if the universe is how one of the most sensible posters on this forum -- a moderator no less -- is a regular in that snake pit

FtHTiny

Won this game from Mokoi during the last sale.
You could say that i liked it a bit!
kidachievewnp0x.jpg

Thanks again for it. :)

Ventara

You deserve it man. You are one of the nicest people in here and don't let anybody get you down. Unfortunately I couldn't so as I explained to a lot of members/friends who asked me on Steam I will be leaving this site for good as I can't deal with all the insults and personal attacks towards me anymore. I could ignore them at first, but when they became an everyday occurrence and even got off site I couldn't deal with them anymore. I put a lot of trust in this community and it bit me in the back :( I wanted to believe that I never wronged anyone from here. I didn't steal from you, I didn't insult you and the 1000$+ worth of games I've offered were just acts of generosity and I didn't want to show off. If the $5 that I stole from playfire makes me a thief, a criminal and an asshole then I don't know what to say...

As for the ones who are responsible for my departure. You should be proud, maybe give each other a pat in the back. At least you achieved something in your miserable lifes ;)

Farewell

Whoa, wait, what?! Don't leave! Those members who are bothering you should be reported to the mods. If you leave, the bad guys will win, and soon, they'll just bother another good guy until he leaves. And this'll keep going until it's nothing but the bad guys on Steam Gaf left. You need to make a stand. And you know the real SteamGaf loves you. These random nobodies who are insulting you aren't worth your time. You shouldn't be leaving because of them. Please don't leave.

hohoXD123

I come and go so this thread is always so alienating. From talk of Yerba mate and an obsession with mediocre Australian actresses to weird drama which I can't actually trace to anywhere (guess it's happening off-site?) Stay weird, Steam thread.

This is pretty tame actually, no kawaii anime gifs posted yet.

Tektonic

Is it a bannable offence to ask those who lead to SubZeros departure to show themselves? Or are they going to be quiet lurking in the shadows, while we lose a great part of these threads?

Farewell
Well, this sucks. :( I don't know what happened with Playfire, and I don't know Sub Zero personally, but he always seemed like a very nice and very cool
and very generous
GAFer to me. No one deserves to be insulted on and especially OFF this site. That's just taking it too damn far.

Momentary

Banned
You kids want a fighting game that's hard? Try playing Garou, you kiddies'd come crying to me after you see a basic Terry Break combo lol.

Man after playing with lag on SSFIVAE last night, every fighting game is hard.

Anyway, I'm pretty capable at any fighting game, both 2D and 3D. But I think over the years I've probably put more time into KOF than into an other fighting game series. But that has dwindled drastically in the last few years. KOF XII just ruined everything for me. I used to be an avid poster on Cyberfanatix Snk-Capcom, and SHoryuken back in those days.

I tried KOF XIII again last night and I could possibly get into it if fighting games on Steam would actually have good netcode. The only one with decent netcode that I've experienced so for is Skullgirls

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it a bannable offence to ask those who lead to SubZeros departure to show themselves? Or are they going to be quiet lurking in the shadows, while we lose a great part of these threads?

Technically no, but what is discouraged, is calling for other members to be banned, so I'd advise against turning this thread into a court room.

Farewell
I hardly knew yee but ill miss you <3 idk if I already added you on steam but if I didnt add me :) ill accept the friend invite when im back at nyc

Kiru

You should search for posts between him and "Freedom = $1.05" in this thread. Probably has something to do with his decision. Farewell Sub Zero. :/

Shadownet

Banned
I cant, mega givers only :p

then enter the normal giveaway :) or the Challenge.

The Monk would not approve of such behaviour.

All I'm saying is what Sub did with playfire, that is his business, he shared the story with us. if you want to judge him do it inside your head. No need to get in his business and publicly attacking him. It was a terrible thing to do. Especially when you take it off-site.

I really can't draw, so it wouldn't be much better than what I threw together in paint and used. I'm not too worried about having a valid entry for the challenge, I just really, really like messing with brain teasers.

If you want to try and draw just try your best :) if not. I'll take your drawing as it is now. I like what you have now anyway!

Tektonic

Technically no, but what is discouraged, is calling for other members to be banned, so I'd advise against turning this thread into a court room.
Not guilty your honour. You are right.. Seems though there's been a few departures recently...

A couple of unwanted keys
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MulderWasTaken, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A.I.M.2 Clan Wars -- MB-A4827A4FF1C2327D - Taken by Aitor
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-56A6FC6482335F9D - Taken by tylergregg

wilflare

last two unclaimed keys
previous winner of Deus Ex: Invisible War mixed it up with Deus Ex GOTY - he decided not to claim the game and asked me to raffle the game away
Note: I couldn't nuke the key so I added an ampersand (as mentioned in the Modbot 101 thread) - if the winner has any issues, please let me know

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

//N.P.P.D. RUSH//- THE MILK OF ULTRAVIOLET -- MB-9B405263F1B0FC03 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-05942E21931F09CA - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for //N.P.P.D. RUSH//- THE MILK OF ULTRAVIOLET was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406392574z1.png

Farewell
Dude, just when I got to slowly feel comfortable here and find good friends to play games with... Don't, please.
Do it like Dr Dogg did. He was angry, disappointed and left, too. But look now. Things have settled and he's back, contributing again and many value it.
We don't want you to stay for the chance to grab expensive games, we want you to stay so that we can talk and have fun.
Shadownet got pounced on heavy lately but he just shrugged it off. Now he's still here and we played games together and had a blast doing it. I'd love to play games with you, post stupid webms of those and talk here about that, so that others find a liking in games.
Gaf is big place and it's bound to happen that opposite poles converge at some point. But so is life, too. You just don't care about those people and focus on what brings you joy. I talk from experience when I say I sadly focused too long on the bad parts of life. It didn't help me at all but made me sad an feel like I lost a battle. But I tried to change and focus on friends and stuff which makes me happy and lo and behold I am a changed man.
The biggest reward you could give those who get on your nerves would be leaving. Don't give them this satisfaction. Stay here, ignore them, and most of all enjoy your time here with friends.
Just like in The Green Mile, focus not on the hatred of foreigners but on the affection of those who value you.

Farewell

Sub Zero, do make sure your absence is only temporary, because your contribution to this community is massive and well respected. I don't think i've ever won one of your giveaways or spoken with you one to one but the effort and quality that you put into it is genuinely astounding and noticeable. I fully understand however that you need time to get away from the grief (not you Grief.exe lol) you've been receiving, people will say "oh it's only the internet" but people often forget that we are all real people with real feelings and reactions.

To those who have been hounding you over $5 (really guys?), bullying is still bullying and i hope you're proud of yourselves for depriving SteamGAF and GAF in general of an excellent member because you have some morality issue over $5. Seriously not cool.

I shall return to my corner now.

NgSpjCO.gif

Feel better soon, have a good weekend.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-97BDDC714F933CA6 - Taken by DJSebolski. 2 entrants total.

t1406392814z1.png

Lain

Farewell

I feel like I missed something big going down in this thread?
I would say that it'd be better to just take a vacation from the thread/site and come back later, because losing nice members of the SteamGAF community sucks, but if it's really a goodbye, you'll be missed.

Farewell

Hrm, I missed this comment before. To start, I don't know you, but I want to offer you my best wishes anyways - whatever you do. Try to stay frosty, cool, and most of all, chill. ...I'll definitely miss the wordplay potential with your username.

Personal attacks are a drop in the ocean that is life, and... I was going to wax philosophical at you, but fortunately I thought better of it. I don't think anyone truly realises how hurtful or lasting their words can be, and it's always unfortunate when someone is deeply affected by them.

Farewell, Sub Zero.

Andrefpvs

pop-gaf is a community thread built around a subculture where men pretend to be vampy, catty, bitchy women in the rupaul drag queen mold, speak in a nonsense made-up language designed for maximum shrillness, and insult each other for their preferences in top 40 music.

the fact that this would lead to hostile interactions, or interact poorly with a forum whose broader rules say not to insult one another, is not a surprise.

also ya fav is a busted bitch~

I am learning so much today.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

iBomber Defense Steam key -- MB-805BE4A23F294E9D
Numba Deluxe -- MB-D8392040DBCC1EEC - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
iBomber Attack -- MB-E3155500945E8FCD
Storm in a Teacup -- MB-051FAAA565D7912F - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.

t1406403014z1.png

Happy Birthday Shadownet !

Farewell

It's sad to see you go.
I'm not a regular poster over here but even I know that you're a impotant member of SteamGaf. I hope that you leaving SteamGAF is only temporary.

wilflare

//N.P.P.D. RUSH// looks cool, and I'm always curious about it when I see it in giveaways, but no controller support, right?

use something like DS4Tool or Xpadder and map the keyboard keys to your controller
I think some of these tools support profiles so don't worry about switching them around

Hugstable

Banned

Farewell

This news has really saddend me today :(. I hope everything goes well for you Sub, and to think that people would go as low as harrassing someone over PM about something like Playfire is just sad. Like I thought it was annoying enough seeing how someone used the playfire thing when talking about something else the other day, but to harrass someone constantly via PM is really low and they should be ashamed. I hope everything goes well for you Sub and hope you will still play Payday with us. The Wild Animal Crew always needs Sub :(.

Terra_Ex

I had to spend most of yesterday with the oh so joyous task of reinstalling windows and everything that goes with it following two particularly nasty BSODs corrupting many of the installations on my computer. It didn't help that this occurred shortly after I failed the torture section in Gods will be watching for like the 11th time
(yes, Russian roulette)
, not looking forward to retrying that again... Aside from the harsher RNG aspects I was at least enjoying some of the ideas the game put forward but there are still many frustrating issues with the game to actively work to offset that enjoyment. Catching up on the last few days, I was also pleased to learn Tekken 7 is coming to PC and that Jun will be returning to the roster.

Against my better judgement I'm considering biting on Risen 3 after watching the recent trailer, are there still ROW copies available or have Deep Silver already locked the whole thing down?

Farewell
Sorry to hear that man, you should just ignore or block those responsible and don't let them get you down.

Plenty of strife and conflict in SteamGAF lately...
and to end on a more pleasant note, happy birthday Shadownet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom