• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
After going through his recent post history, I would suggest he takes a week off GAF since it is very clear that he is very annoyed. Hopefully, after a week, his mood would be better.

That would be my suggestion. I don't want to see you go, Sub Zero, but think committing to only a small break at first would be a good idea to decide if you can work things out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You made Enhanced Steam? Thank you for it! I'm using it regulary =)

Yep, that's me. Glad you like it! If you run into any problems with it, let me know. :)

Shadownet

Banned
Well I think Enhanced Steam is just swell and groovy!

Enhanced Steam is probably the best thing to Steam since Half Life 2. Jshackles keep on improving it. He's a great guy.

Incidentally, she gained a noticeable amount of weight for her lead role in Brooklyn (it's set in the 50s). To get rid of it once filming wrapped she went back to the martial arts training she did in the lead-up to Hanna, which I think is rather neat.

I had to look up pictures of her from Brooklyn, her "weight gain" look pretty insignificant. It filled her face out more, she still look gorgeous as hell.

I'm trying to watch all of her movies now. After Grand Budapest, I might need to look for another one. Already seen Hanna.

Is Dungeon Defenders an acceptable solo experience?

(Meaning along the lines of OMD2, which was built with co-op in mind, but was perfectly playable at Normal difficulty solo.)

Not really i found myself having to move around a lot, it is doable but it wasn't really fun for me.

Tellaerin

Ahh that's who it was. I'll have to get back into it if we plan some game nights for it. Those videos will definitely help.

Also this image of king is just too much. Perfect response to "let me wipe those tears after demolishing someone".

...you know, you may have just solved my "who do I change my avatar to next" dilemma. King/Yuri/Mai always used to be my go-to team in KoF, back when I actually played.

pahamrick

I for one hope Sub Zero comes back. He's a chill guy, and I don't mean it as a pun.

As far as the harassment for the playfire rewards, I think it's bullshit. I haven't paid attention to how things go, but there's definitely a double standard seems like. Use SAM to get a few cents, and suddenly some folks are all "You're STEALING from them, you DESERVE to be banned!"

But soon as some giveaway pops up, like the Gamestop $5 XBLive bucks, there's folks talking about making all these extra facebook accounts, and emails, to get multiple hundreds of dollars. Not saying its the same people doing both things, but come on now.

And personal attacks? GTFO with that. If you don't agree with what someone has done, don't harp on them constantly or make snide remarks. Either block the person, and move on or just ignore their posts.

Meh, I probably shouldn't have said anything. Here's a garbage dump to keep things 25% on topic. Modbot says these are still unused, so if they have been used ... sorry.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Company of Heroes 2 Soviet Skin Four Color Belorussian -- MB-68FA555856CEA1AC - Taken by Henry Swanson
EVE Online Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-0BCC8DAD05B325D9
Tiny and BIg in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-B702470F203D2B5A - Taken by EzioCroft
EVE Online Trial Key -- MB-00EAA23438F86D12
Company of Heroes 2 German Commander Storm Doctrine -- MB-D094251E206515AA - Taken by Henry Swanson
Total War Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-3BED3F62D047E6D2 - Taken by EzioCroft
Company of Heroes 2 Soviet Commander Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-C3EF2AA14EF489A2 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Company of Heroes 2 German Skin Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-125ADAE43B2E4DF2 - Taken by Henry Swanson

Shadownet

Banned
As a guy who never enjoyed any racing game outside of Mario Kart. any recommendation for racing games? I was looking at the Dirt series.

I'm really looking forward to the Crew though since its incorporating some teamwork dynamic and open world maps. Thats what I like.

Dr Dogg

(Meaning along the lines of OMD2, which was built with co-op in mind, but was perfectly playable at Normal difficulty solo.)

I didn't get on with it in solo but I loathe tower defence games but a guy from another forum I kick about on used to play it all the time and mainly in solo. They said that the initial hump of gearing up turns a few off but with all the DLC now there's loads to do. I did feel it played much better in coop and was paced better for multiple players especially when you have a stage with 4 spawn points when you have to constantly run back and forth but I can see the potential there if you like the genre.

Speevy

Banned
I don't really know Subzero all that well, but I bought him a game and like 10 seconds later he bought me one off the top of my wishlist. Dude's awesome.

People who don't like him can go jump off a bridge.

rtcn63

As a guy who never enjoyed any racing game outside of Mario Kart. any recommendation for racing games? I was looking at the Dirt series.

I'm really looking forward to the Crew though since its incorporating some teamwork dynamic and open world maps. Thats what I like.

you play dat dere sonic all-stars transformed rite

rookiejet

Reposting because I edited into my last post too late:
Don't leave, Sub-Zero. I get the impression that there are more people that like you here than ones that don't, so it'd be a shame to leave on the account of the few (one? two? that's small potatoes on most people's haters scale) that don't. I think you're are ok if that means anything.

Volimar

Enhanced Steam is probably the best thing to Steam since Half Life 2. Jshackles keep on improving it. He's a great guy.

I had to look up pictures of her from Brooklyn, her "weight gain" look pretty insignificant. It filled her face out more, she still look gorgeous as hell.

I'm trying to watch all of her movies now. After Grand Budapest, I might need to look for another one. Already seen Hanna.

Check out her vampire movie, Byzantium. It's weird.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is very nice, you can play as runner to escape or as police and try to stop the runner. It's very arcadey and controls fabulously.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

this is what JaseC does to people ;) next thing you know - you'll be stalking Korean forums for that one steam copy of Football Manager :p

BorntoPlay

Another gun monkeys... this is from my inventory, please take it..

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858466.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BorntoPlay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

header_292x136.jpg

Gun Monkeys -- MB-D8075BF66C1BF179 - Taken by DizzyCrow

Since you like Mario Kart you should enjoy Sonic All-star racing transformed.
It's better

dream

I think the most shocking thing I discovered from looking up the Sub Zero stealing from Playfire thing is finding out that fantomena did it again after swearing to turn over a new leaf.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Mario Kart? well in that case there's only one answer - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed :) it REALLY is as good as people say it is :)

I enjoyed playing Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed. I don't think that it's better than Mario Kart but it's still enjoyable.

It's a shame to hear that Sub Zero is leaving because of something so trivial as Playfire Rewards. I hope that he returns one day because it wouldn't be fair for him to be forced away from here because of some people's attitude to Playfire.

I for one hope Sub Zero comes back. He's a chill guy, and I don't mean it as a pun.

As far as the harassment for the playfire rewards, I think it's bullshit. I haven't paid attention to how things go, but there's definitely a double standard seems like. Use SAM to get a few cents, and suddenly some folks are all "You're STEALING from them, you DESERVE to be banned!"

But soon as some giveaway pops up, like the Gamestop $5 XBLive bucks, there's folks talking about making all these extra facebook accounts, and emails, to get multiple hundreds of dollars. Not saying its the same people doing both things, but come on now.

And personal attacks? GTFO with that. If you don't agree with what someone has done, don't harp on them constantly or make snide remarks. Either block the person, and move on or just ignore their posts.

Meh, I probably shouldn't have said anything. Here's a garbage dump to keep things 25% on topic. Modbot says these are still unused, so if they have been used ... sorry.

My thoughts exactly. Obviously Sub Zero is a good guy.

Also, Grandpa's Leftovers is actually a really good game.

Jawmuncher

...you know, you may have just solved my "who do I change my avatar to next" dilemma. King/Yuri/Mai always used to be my go-to team in KoF, back when I actually played.

Nice.

----------

As for the current drama I like to stay out of this stuff completely but I will give my current 2 cents. No one in SteamGAF should ever make a member feel bad enough that they want to leave. Unless they actually did something that actually hurt them in a real sense. People need to learn to let stuff go or ignore it. If it's not a bannable offense there's no reason keep bringing it up or using it as fuel.

Kind of reminds me when everyone jumped on Fantomena awhile back. Though I suppose in reverse since its that kind of behavior but on someone who has already tried to get past that mishap.

maty

Ah screw it.

Lol, not many replied to you yet you still give the game away, very generous of you Speevy. Let's see how many people enter your giveaway. Not entering myself since I'm not into that type of game.

I did enter for Teleglitch yesterday but didn't win :'(

Shadownet

Banned
you play dat dere sonic all-stars transformed rite

sadly i'm like the only one on SteamGAF that doesn't have it lol I'll get it soon. thanks for confirming that its a good game

Check out her vampire movie, Byzantium. It's weird.

Noted! thank you :)

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is very nice, you can play as runner to escape or as police and try to stop the runner. It's very arcadey and controls fabulously.

Another racing game I've been meaning to check out. Working at Gamestop, i've seen a lot of people buy that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'd go with either the UK dub of Arrietty or How I Live Now next, although for what it's worth I still feel that The Lovely Bones plays host to her best performance thus far (and I have a soft spot for the film despite Jackson's creative fumblings). Save The Host for last, whatever you do. ;)

Burnout Paradise is probably going to pop up any minute now, but personally I found it to be a complete and utter bore, at least in SP. I had quite a bit of fun with the 2012 reimagining of NFS: Most Wanted, though, although being an EA game it's not on Steam (...yet).

I'm the only one without the "purchase" button for Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut?

The ability to purchase a game is disabled when it's 100% off or more, for obvious reasons. Presently, SSZ:DC is 160% off.

iosefe

sadly i'm like the only one on SteamGAF that doesn't have it lol I'll get it soon. thanks for confirming that its a good game

Noted! thank you :)

Another racing game I've been meaning to check out. Working at Gamestop, i've seen a lot of people buy that.
Has it ever been 5 bucks?

Thoughts on sub zero - hope he doesnt leave. He's a cool dude and is one of the most selfless contributors to NEOGAF.

Also, happy bday Shadownet!

I am a new member but long time lurker, and i enjoy the NEOGAF community alot. It's what finally made me decide to become a member. =)

Speevy

Banned
Lol, not many replied to you yet you still give the game away, very generous of you Speevy. Let's see how many people enter your giveaway. Not entering myself since I'm not into that type of game.

I did enter for Teleglitch yesterday but didn't win :'(

Well I know someone plays these strategy/space games. Giving away the same game twice is boring to me so I like to change it up each time.

Zalusithix

Well, this was originally going to be a TGIF giveaway, but I got side tracked. Anyhow, my final D:OS key is now up for grabs!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zalusithix, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-935D84D971AEB80A - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 51 entrants total.

t1406405894z1.png

aku:jiki

It's so hot I can't even step out on my balcony today, and drop rates for cards I'm trying to idle are being miserable too. Worst day ever!

Partially, yes. Some challenges and levels are unbeatable, or damn close to it, in solo play, but you can totally do the campaign. I had a lot of fun with it, and I love OMD as well.

I was thinking of requesting a permaban. I didn't though because there is a possibility that I will return in the future. As Lain correctly pointed out I may need some time off because with personal attacks becoming an everyday thing lately I really didn't enjoy my time here
Oh please. I saw the posts. It was Freedom = $1.05 (the guy with the joker avatar for people who don't remember names) and it was a few posts. That same day, while you were feeling pissy about his posts, you took the time to shit on giveaways you deemed beneath your own with snide remarks, so don't pretend like you're some kind of angelic victim here. Maybe Freedom was being a dick, but so were you.

Dr Dogg

Burnout Paradise is probably going to pop up any minute now, but personally I found it to be a complete and utter bore, at least in SP. I had quite a bit of fun with the 2012 reimagining of NFS: Most Wanted, though, although being an EA game it's not on Steam (...yet).

I didn't mind Paradise. I loved the idea of go anywhere, drive around with your mates and then start races or challenges. Plus it's racing collectable heaven. Though I prefer Most Wanted because there's no nauseating DJ Atomika shitting things up. I mean every time you so much as clip another car he'd give you some snarky commentary, "Hey this is DJ Atomika over at Crash FM..." SHUT UPPPPPPP!!!

I also really did not like Burnout Paradise. Loved all of the previous Burnouts, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom