• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryne

got some stuff myself:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I Am Vegend - Zombiegeddon -- MB-011F4A50C1F54F4A - Taken by Ventara
Deadly 30 -- MB-4188AA3A16F0A163 - Taken by bronson
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-FFB653775C2FC58B - Taken by $h@d0w
Muffin Knight -- MB-CA32255F410BA835 - Taken by EzioCroft
Iron Grip: Warlord and Scorched Earth DLC -- MB-DBB9D12CA5F0551A - Taken by S1n1st3r
Disciples III: Reincarnation -- MB-031DB6A5781088D7 - Taken by Tellaerin
Alien Rage: Unlimited -- MB-6455B81559A8E129 - Taken by fernandes

maneil99

A strange place.

This is why we don't talk about PopGaf.

tumblr_lpfhnq1PNV1qafrh6.gif

Teppic

Join the good side.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 GOG keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Cat Lady, The (GOG) -- MB-BF7AB922C87758FD - Taken by Sky Chief. 2 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight (GOG) -- MB-5A636E6934820207 - Taken by creamsugar. 2 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Unreal Tournament 2004 ECE (GOG) -- MB-C8F55C6BFFF85A09 - Taken by JDHarbs. 4 entrants total.

t1406437635z1.png

Redeem on gog.com/gift

drakaenae

decided to BTA for humble bundle so...
ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Battlestations Midway -- MB-60A4A202727A1BF7 - Taken by jshackles
Hitman Absolution -- MB-9F6340598B770931 - Taken by Alduin
Deus Ex Invisible War -- MB-CC20F70448A2FF21 - Taken by chronomac

Another Stacking giveaway!

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kryptonite, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Stacking -- MB-8E1C17C60C81F592 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
is modbot working? i see like 6 giveaways without winners

1. There are so many giveaways that people are being throttled like mad.
2. Everyone else wants to get in on the Shadownet giveaway so they aren't entering anything to avoid being throttled.
3. Very few people want any of the (mostly) bundle games being given away or already own the ones they would be interested in.

Tellaerin

There are a lot more than six. >.> Nobody's entering because Shadownet's big giveaways are coming up. People aren't taking things yet because they want to avoid disqualifying themselves (Pay It Forward rule's in effect for one of them, and they also don't want to be throttled). Once the winners are picked, I expect people to start claiming the other stuff that's out there.

Deitus

Nito's post. notice the date.

(oh and he has already been banned for that post. So being banned twice for the same post? yike)

While Mumei cited that post after banning him, I don't think it was the direct cause of his ban. He posted this in the SteamGAF thread shortly before he got banned.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122745433&postcount=12998

I'm not going to begin to try to understand PopGAF, but it seems like his posts today were the reason he got banned, and the older post was just the justification.

I suspect having two separate giveaways with conflicting rules has caused some unintended havoc. People want to make giveaways to qualify for the megagiver and payitforward rule but people don't want to enter anything to avoid being throttled and being disqualified via the payitforward rule!

A lot of reasons, some of which have been covered above:

1) Because it's a mega-giver/PIF giveaway, a lot of juniors are offloading their keystocks in order to be eligible, which is backfiring because...
2) A lot of people are getting throttled because of taking games. Others are waiting until Shadow's contest finishes so they can enter other giveaways.
3) A lot of the games are ones everyone already has (and were already given away like mad over the preceding few days).

Shadownet

Banned
So I want to ask you guys, some opinions.

1)Did you guys enjoyed my giveaways? We have 1 hour and 30 mins left.

But I hope you guys had fun today :)

2)For those who entered the Great Detective Challenge did you like that as well? I'm thinking of doing something different if there is a next time.

3)Would you guys like me to do another giveaway like this for some other special occasions?

maneil99

Haha. The odds of winning a megagiver giveaway is pretty low already. I think the last megagiver giveaway already had like 40+ entrants. It's gotta be way more than that by now.

Does modbot count the indie games lol?

2)For those who entered the Great Detective Challenge did you like that as well? I'm thinking of doing something different if there is a next time.

3)Would you guys like me to do another giveaway like this for some other special occasions?
I like the special challanges, it takes more thought vs pasting a code. I like doing giveaways during Xmas with giving a game from a flash sale for whoever is the first to guess a game that will appear in the next day's sale. It's a little more thought provoking and weeds out the lurkers that only browse SteamGAF for games.

Speevy

Banned

You're the most awesome person and your giveaways are awesome too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Those big giveaways even with strict restrictions still get the most entrants. It doesn't make sense to "save" your chance for them. Low-balling is the real deal. There are so many quality titles here but noone wants them, that's sad. A good game is good even if it's part of a bundle, cheap or old.
Teppic dropping the ut2k4 bomb is a bigger deal than some other ones. I am rightfully throttled though, so good luck to you all.

Shadow, your style of challenges is refreshing and it'd be nice of you to follow that way.

iosefe

1) didn't qualify for either, but they are lovely.

2) very good riddle. Gonna pass it to my mother tomorrow and time her on it.

3) this giveaway caused chaos. On one handit got people to give, and that's always nice. In the other hand. There is an excessive amount of giveaways in a way that people won't enter so they can enter yours. It's moderately conflicting.

I'd love to see some of the comic entries for the Great Detective Challenge

Temp. 3 month.

Looks like 2 months to me.

Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Weren't you going to bed?

Nito's post. notice the date.

(oh and he has already been banned for that post. So being banned twice for the same post? yike)

Yeah, that's not it -- but that's probably be the cause of the 2 month stuff... "repeated offense" type stuff.

So the prophecy came true and Nito got banned? oh man...

What prophecy?

While Mumei cited that post after banning him, I don't think it was the direct cause of his ban. He posted this in the SteamGAF thread shortly before he got banned.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122745433&postcount=12998

I'm not going to begin to try to understand PopGAF, but it seems like his posts today were the reason he got banned, and the older post was just the justification.

I think the first post was cited to justify 2 months.

That's the fun part about GAF -- there's no such thing as consistency when it comes to what qualifies people for a ban. I gave up trying after I was banned for hoping that NT closing their forums might mean they were closing for good (and hence, no more NT games). Meanwhile, someone made some jokes that trivialized cancer and when I pointed out that it could be found offensive by people who lost loved ones to the disease, he turned aggressive on me and threatened me and my family. I pointed all this out to a random mod chosen from the list of mods and was told "I gave him a warning."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And now for something completely extra

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sugar Cube Bittersweet Factory -- MB-F8DADF34F8C4A100 - Taken by NeoNess. 2 entrants total.
Doctor Who The Adventure Games -- MB-0D5FB88BCCD259AA - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 5 entrants total.
Jack Orlando Directors Cut -- MB-9D69D112BD03286B

t1406438475z1.png

-MD-

I didn't qualify for either giveaway as well but it was very generous of you to do that on your own bday.

The challenge was a fun idea but I'm a stick figure drawer these days so that'd be embarrassing to even attempt.

3) this giveaway caused chaos. On one handit got people to give, and that's always nice. In the other hand. There is an excessive amount of giveaways in a way that people won't enter so they can enter yours. It's moderately conflicting.

Also this, it kicked people's ass in gear to give some games but most people were just dumping the same games and there are probably hundreds of unclaimed keys left in the thread.

Toki767

There should be a shortlist instead of mega-givers for people like Nbnt, shadow ect that giveaway big games alot instead of bundles.

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but ModBot giveaways aren't necessarily designed to place people in tiers. It just makes more sense to reward those people who put out amazing giveaways in private.

Shadownet

Banned
Does modbot count the indie games lol?

I like the special challanges, it takes more thought vs pasting a code. I like doing giveaways during Xmas with giving a game from a flash sale for whoever is the first to guess a game that will appear in the next day's sale. It's a little more thought provoking and weeds out the lurkers that only browse SteamGAF for games.

You're the most awesome person and your giveaways are awesome too.

1) didn't qualify for either, but they are lovely.

2) very good riddle. Gonna pass it to my mother tomorrow and time her on it.

I'd love to see some of the comic entries for the Great Detective Challenge

Thanks for the feedback guys. Maybe next time I'll split up all of the games and do multiple 3 hours giveaways.

So if you entered the first giveaway, you might missed out on the 2nd and 3rd and 4th.

Of course I'll do another challenge with a different theme as well and maybe something new :) (i'll post the comic in the thread once i choose the winners later today)

Feel free to let me know your opinions on today, id love to hear it.

Now the last question is.. When will the next one be? December 25th? or another date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom