• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but ModBot giveaways aren't necessarily designed to place people in tiers. It just makes more sense to reward those people who put out amazing giveaways in private.

Yea, my reasoning comes from the fact some people here have given away only a few games like Dark Souls 2 and Aliens and may not qualify for a mega-givers but then someone might spend 10$ on 30 bundle games and qualify. In the end there's no perfect system.

Deitus

So I want to ask you guys, some opinions.

1)Did you guys enjoyed my giveaways? We have 1 hour and 30 mins left.

But I hope you guys had fun today :)

2)For those who entered the Great Detective Challenge did you like that as well? I'm thinking of doing something different if there is a next time.

3)Would you guys like me to do another giveaway like this for some other special occasions?

The giveaway was awesome, and I certainly had fun today. I didn't participate in the Great Detective Challenge (I no art good), but I can't wait to see the results. As for another giveaway, I think you should start saving some of your money. :p

Kidding of course, it's none of my business what you do with your money, and if giving away games makes you happy, then I wouldn't dare stop you. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to another giveaway like this (although not too often, as I don't know if Modbot could handle it).

I wonder how fast I'd get banned in PopGAF if I showed my face there.

image.php

Hugstable

Banned

2)For those who entered the Great Detective Challenge did you like that as well? I'm thinking of doing something different if there is a next time.

3)Would you guys like me to do another giveaway like this for some other special occasions?

I thought it was a pretty cool idea that you came up with. I didn't qualify for any of the 2 big giveaways, but it was really cool just to see you come up with a Batman themed riddle for the giveaway on your own birthday. Still was really cool to see happen, and Happy Birthday Shadow!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You deserve it man. You are one of the nicest people in here and don't let anybody get you down. Unfortunately I couldn't so as I explained to a lot of members/friends who asked me on Steam I will be leaving this site for good as I can't deal with all the insults and personal attacks towards me anymore. I could ignore them at first, but when they became an everyday occurrence and even got off site I couldn't deal with them anymore. I put a lot of trust in this community and it bit me in the back :( I wanted to believe that I never wronged anyone from here. I didn't steal from you, I didn't insult you and the 1000$+ worth of games I've offered were just acts of generosity and I didn't want to show off. If the $5 that I stole from playfire makes me a thief, a criminal and an asshole then I don't know what to say...

As for the ones who are responsible for my departure. You should be proud, maybe give each other a pat in the back. At least you achieved something in your miserable lifes ;)

Farewell
I missed this. What? Why? You're awesome, man. Don't go.

topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (topyy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Nekro -- MB-9DA6028C3DE0D432 - Taken by Gez
The Longest Journey -- MB-E18D27A5250C83F7 - Taken by Melhisedek
Bardbarian -- MB-6731AED175BCB8FB - Taken by danhese007

Yea, my reasoning comes from the fact some people here have given away only a few games like Dark Souls 2 and Aliens and may not qualify for a mega-givers but then someone might spend 10$ on 30 bundle games and qualify. In the end there's no perfect system.

I've always thought that the mega-giver threshold should have been increased to 50 or more. It seems too low in a time where anyone can buy a handful of bundles and qualify, and I say that as someone who's given away a lot of bundle games myself.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of JustLynx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To the Moon -- MB-EA1403E224235D91 - Taken by PossumMeat. 3 entrants total.

t1406441353z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-884CF53BB35A13FB - Taken by Aitor
NPPD -- MB-884CF53BB35A13FB - Taken by Aitor
Numba Deluxe -- MB-2AFDE5254AE9B768 - Taken by bobnowhere

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for NPPD was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Not sure about Cobi and Numba though. I have them in Steam, but not sure if I got them through another bundle and forgot to check it in the newest Groupees.

iosefe

Thanks for the feedback guys. Maybe next time I'll split up all of the games and do multiple 3 hours giveaways.

So if you entered the first giveaway, you might missed out on the 2nd and 3rd and 4th.

Of course I'll do another challenge with a different theme as well and maybe something new :) (i'll post the comic in the thread once i choose the winners later today)

Feel free to let me know your opinions on today, id love to hear it.

Now the last question is.. When will the next one be? December 25th? or another date?
Oooh. How about 24, but you dont post it until the 12 hour. Technical 12, less time for chaos

pahamrick

1: The giveaways are awesome, you're a stand up guy for doing this on YOUR birthday.

2: I loved the challenge, entered just to clear the brain teaser. I wouldn't mind similar stuff done again (Maybe minus the art requirement, for us creatively challenged GAF members)

3: I mean, hey, if you want to do it and you enjoy doing it, sure. Just don't feel obligated to do so.

1) Absolutely.
2)Yeah, that was fun, and I was pretty impressed with the riddle/story. The drawing part is fun even though I suck.
3)Of course. But only when *you* want to do it.

Shadownet

Banned
Save the date.

is it Senpai's birthday? <3 :)

Oooh. How about 24, but you dont post it until the 12 hour. Technical 12, less time for chaos

ohh thats a good idea. I could do two 12 hours giveaways.
--------------

I see a lot of people here on SteamGAF f is artistically challenged :p like me. So next time I won't do a drawing requirement. Maybe a treasure hunt, or something more adventurous :D

Speevy

Banned
I'm doing a giveaway for Darkwood when Shadow's giveaway is done.

You guys are interested in that, right? It's on several of your wish lists.

wilflare

Yeah. Groupees and Indiegala IIRC have a system now though to check what you used and what you didnt.

they do now.. but oh well.
it's hard to go back and check for the older bundles now :/

>< I like both the Groupees and Indiegala system

EDIT: i mean it's a great system... just hope they implemented it from the start.
and idk... I think Groupees reset it at one point :/

wonder when Indieroyale or Humble Bundle will catch up

saunderez

That's the fun part about GAF -- there's no such thing as consistency when it comes to what qualifies people for a ban. I gave up trying after I was banned for hoping that NT closing their forums might mean they were closing for good (and hence, no more NT games). Meanwhile, someone made some jokes that trivialized cancer and when I pointed out that it could be found offensive by people who lost loved ones to the disease, he turned aggressive on me and threatened me and my family. I pointed all this out to a random mod chosen from the list of mods and was told "I gave him a warning."

Yeah it gets a bit frustrating at times. I got banned for being "disingenous" when I was just trying to be sarcastic. I wasn't belittling anyone or dismissing their opinion but that's all it took. It's made me post a whole lot less because that's just my sense of humour and I'm not real keen on getting banned just for trying to bring a bit of brevity to a serious thread.

Haha. The odds of winning a megagiver giveaway is pretty low already. I think the last megagiver giveaway already had like 40+ entrants. It's gotta be way more than that by now.
to be fair the games have to be taken to be counted as givenaway. otherwise someone could just register 25 fake keys with modbot and never post the giveaway in the thread.

It was fun but i thought the riddle was too easy :p
The drawing bit was a bit difficult since i have no drawing skills.

Mclem did fun kind of giveaway during the 2013 summer seal: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630191

happy birthday again mate.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Questions

1. Sure. Didn't enter for anything because of reasons.
2. N/A
3. Sure.

I think the first post was cited to justify 2 months.

That's the fun part about GAF -- there's no such thing as consistency when it comes to what qualifies people for a ban. I gave up trying after I was banned for hoping that NT closing their forums might mean they were closing for good (and hence, no more NT games). Meanwhile, someone made some jokes that trivialized cancer and when I pointed out that it could be found offensive by people who lost loved ones to the disease, he turned aggressive on me and threatened me and my family. I pointed all this out to a random mod chosen from the list of mods and was told "I gave him a warning."

I remember one thread about a guy that was sodomized by a hospital worker while he was unconscious. One user that I really respect for other things he's done made what amounted to a casual rape joke, and then the entire thread followed suit because someone important did it, so it must be okay. I was kinda bummed out when I saw that thread for the first time, because all of those posts essentially trivialized rape.

Speevy

Banned
Can someone tell me a bit about Darkwood? I heard Rhaknar talking about it. So it got my interest.

It looks like a creepy survival game, except it's set in an overhead view and you have a flashlight. I don't know much about it except there are creepy dudes with fox heads in the woods.

Shadownet

Banned
It was fun but i thought the riddle was too easy :p
The drawing bit was a bit difficult since i have no drawing skills.

happy birthday again mate.

LOL you think its easy. I had several people wanting to jump off a bridge because of how frustrating it was.

and thank you :D

9/10 am/pm

I dunno about a treasure hunt

a virtual treasure hunt/ or clue hunt lol

1. Sure. Didn't enter for anything because of reasons.
2. N/A
3. Sure.

why BP? you make me sad. please enter? if you can.

It looks like a creepy survival game, except it's set in an overhead view and you have a flashlight. I don't know much about it except there are creepy dudes with fox heads in the woods.

ooh nice. I love creepy games. I got The Cat Lady. cant wait to try that.

Khronico

Alright everyone, PSA time:

Sunday Night is Dosh Night here on SteamGAF!
harry-enfield-278x160.jpg
Tomorrow at 8PM PST we will start our first(?) SteamGAF Killing Floor match! If you would like to join, please say so here in the thread, pm me on GAF or Steam, and I will add you to the list! Don't be a plonker, join now and we will throw in
TWO_BLOODY_GREAT_HANDFULS_by_xpod1.png
for free!

Dozy Pillocks who signed up so far:
1. Ozium
2. Nightmare Trigger
3. Khronico
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Right now I'm looking for a bloke who can host the match(es) since my internet sucks. If you would be willing to host, please say so!

I am going to bed immediately after this is posted, but I'll make sure and comb the thread for responses tomorrow morning, so don't be discouraged!
Edit: that post looked alot better before I posted it =/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

GTR Evolution -- MB-A52B1E7A19800582

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for GTR Evolution was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

dot

I remember one thread about a guy that was sodomized by a hospital worker while he was unconscious. One user that I really respect for other things he's done made what amounted to a casual rape joke, and then the entire thread followed suit because someone important did it, so it must be okay. I was kinda bummed out when I saw that thread for the first time, because all of those posts essentially trivialized rape.

what the hell...

Mumei

I just talked to Nito, apparently the mod banned him for a post...that was almost a year old.

(this is according to him)

I don't know if he's lying or if he misunderstood his ban message, but he was not banned for a year old post. I already banned him for it the first time. He was banned for posts he made today, in PopGAF and preemptively whining about moderation in other threads. It was his decision to spend post after post digging a hole after I gave him a polite warning that got him banned, and nothing more.

chronomac

In honor of the game getting a big upgrade:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Trine Enchanted Edition -- MB-86DA17EACC1E3FE9 - Taken by Yrael. 4 entrants total.

t1406439795z1.png

Lain

I'm doing a giveaway for Darkwood when Shadow's giveaway is done.

You guys are interested in that, right? It's on several of your wish lists.

The game looks interesting but it being horror (and from the gameplay video, it looks scary enough for me) has me wanting it but not wanting to play it.
Basically, it would be a great game to giveaway. I feel like I wouldn't enter for it though.

1) The giveaways are fun! :) They really get the thread moving and people posting (though just to fulfill the requirements lol).

2) I really enjoyed the challenge. These kind of puzzles are my thing. Drawing is a nice part but some people hold back because of it.

3) Nice having these type of giveaways every once in a while. :)

Shadownet

Banned
I don't know if he's lying or if he misunderstood his ban message, but he was not banned for a year old post. I already banned him for it the first time. He was banned for posts he made today, in PopGAF and preemptively whining about moderation in other threads. It was his decision to spend post after post digging a hole after I gave him a polite warning that got him banned, and nothing more.

Ah thank you for the explanation. That make a whole lot more sense, it seem like Nito thought you banned him for something that happened a long time ago. Oh well, I hope when he get back, it won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom