• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

So I remember during the steam sale hearing people talk about getting The Witcher 3 for super cheap using tf2 keys. Is this still a thing and if so how do I do it?

I have the collector's edition preordered for my PS4 since I want all the awesome stuff but would want the game on Steam and it'll probably look better on my PS4 than my PC anyways... but if I can get it cheap enough I'll probably double dip.

Yes, you can still get it for cheap. I think the lowest is 8 keys ($16), 9 keys ($18) if you don't want to look around.

Edit: To clarify, you just need to buy some TF2 keys from someone reliable using Paypal, and then trade those keys with someone from Russia offering to trade TW3.

No, too late.

Pretty sure you can still get it for cheap.

I hope everyone had a wonderful time with the giveaways guys! :D I'm really surprised how many people I know won the megagivers raffle!

I'm sorry for those who didn't win but I promise there will be a next time!

and LOL'ed at dot for crying too early. :p turned out he won one of the best games on the list.

Where are the comics?! I need some laughs to wash away the pain, lol.

City 17

Congrats to all the winners. ^_^
What happened to the challenge, Shadownet?
I'm curious to see the drawings, you'll show all of them, right?

dot

I kinda wanted to do a drawing for Shadow's thing but i was too lazy. I blame the hot weather.

How many of you liked my Sanic comic anyways? :p

Yrael

Alright guys. You can commence your bundle spare giveaways now. I'm sure people will take them now.

I still have a few keys here that haven't been claimed yet:

Cross-posting from the Steam thread:

Plain Sight #2 -- MB-0BB15EBD4DACF4D3
inMomentum #2 -- MB-9B5DDD2144041256 - Taken by tylergregg
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-29A93A4EA852D8E8 - Taken by ivanmark
The Desolate Hope #2 -- MB-BA6B9EE2A7779AE3 - Taken by drakaenae
Plain Sight -- MB-A174DC3EF504AFC7
Adventures of Shuggy #2 -- MB-7239C3A70E767D62
The Desolate Hope -- MB-4C53A0FB38C10F52 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Plain Sight -- MB-AD497493D2203B24 - Taken by ShogunX. 1 entrants total.
Instant Dungeon! (Desura) -- MB-A3841F1F4F1A8989 - Taken by Popstar. 1 entrants total.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

IBomber Defense Pacific (Steam) -- MB-C320F87C0EFEA663 - Taken by Milamber
Gun Metal (Steam) -- MB-642C571904529414 - Taken by Perun
Thief Gold (Steam) -- MB-8C26527259B6E40C - Taken by L.O.R.D. 2 entrants total.
Memories of a Vagabond (Steam) -- MB-328BE0E416FC48AF - Taken by user237
Data Hacker - Initiation (Steam) -- MB-2EE0D24F93E0BC12 - Taken by Gintoki
Onkytt (Steam) -- MB-EC1D31D81D23C365 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) -- MB-FA41F079126BD154 - Taken by cardinalmind

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Jadax

Entered with high hopes. Am disappoint in myself!

Now I'm wishing I actually tried to do the puzzle instead of sending shadow a fullretard answer lol

e: typo

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys.

IBomber Defense Pacific (Steam) -- MB-C320F87C0EFEA663 - Taken by Milamber
Gun Metal (Steam) -- MB-642C571904529414 - Taken by Perun
Thief Gold (Steam) -- MB-8C26527259B6E40C - Taken by L.O.R.D. 2 entrants total.
Memories of a Vagabond (Steam) -- MB-328BE0E416FC48AF - Taken by user237
Data Hacker - Initiation (Steam) -- MB-2EE0D24F93E0BC12 - Taken by Gintoki
Onkytt (Steam) -- MB-EC1D31D81D23C365 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) -- MB-FA41F079126BD154 - Taken by cardinalmind

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Dang, the code is already used. Thank you anon for following up!

Congrats to the winners! Now I can win Darkwood since you are all throttled.

I don't think throttle lasts 3 hours in most cases, but sure!!

---

Seems Lara is my new waifu. I will protect her with my all. Thank you based Shadownet. Maybe now I can finally gift you something... 8p

Ibuki

Banned

---

Seems Lara is my new waifu. I will protect her with my all. Thank you based Shadownet. Maybe now I can finally gift you something... 8p

I know but it makes me feel better. Like eating food when I'm sad.

saunderez

Back to our regularly scheduled giveaways....

Hopefully none of these are already claimed, I'm pretty positive they aren't but they've been sitting there for a long time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Machinarium -- MB-1F21C9ECF9344EDE - Taken by BinaryPork2737
Spirits -- MB-69432E2CBECE0A84 - Taken by Ventara
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-A2356839CFE83933 - Taken by Yrael
Cogs -- MB-8CE9D4CC772F1CB9 - Taken by JustLynx
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-B00612A7C7AAB0F9 - Taken by City 17
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-59EF7B37E157082C - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Fieldrunners, BIT.TRIP BEAT, SpaceChem, and Uplink -- MB-F13B649A9A67C26F - Taken by WinterDemons
World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, and EDGE -- MB-17C5E98B27279755 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-521D9BB7BEA4CDE7 - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-8E6E7904F12DCE5C - Taken by Ozium

So I remember during the steam sale hearing people talk about getting The Witcher 3 for super cheap using tf2 keys. Is this still a thing and if so how do I do it?

I have the collector's edition preordered for my PS4 since I want all the awesome stuff but would want the game on Steam and it'll probably look better on my PS4 than my PC anyways... but if I can get it cheap enough I'll probably double dip.

You still can.

Buy keys from the market and look here: http://www.tf2outpost.com/search/217088512
and find some people trading them for keys.

Wasn't Witcher 3 region locked? Or was it unlocked again?

Hugstable

Banned
So do you guys think I should post the winners for the Great Detective challenge now? or later today.

Now and later today!

Edit: Marco has the right idea.

---

Congrats on the huge win Corrosive!

Vuze

Dying Light (2015) -- MB-A33F35DBC436224F - Taken by dot. 33 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Knight (2015) -- MB-D3441C80B7342F16 - Taken by Daedalos42. 68 entrants total.
Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015) -- MB-F139B8A6AF0EF846 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 51 entrants total.

AMlH4h2.gif

Welp, congrats to the winners.
;-;

Shadownet

Banned
I think one of my dreams just came true.

Cyan took the copy of Mirror's Edge from my giveaway that no one wanted. I'm really happy now that I was able to get a Mod something he wanted :)

Ventara

That's weird. Is this other page incorrect then? The Russian store page doesn't show any region locking notification, either.

http://steamdb.info/app/292030/

Edit:

Shadownets giveaway is over, so enter without fear of being throttled for some other amazing giveaway.

Here's a charming little puzzle platformer, which offers challenges for all levels of players. Here's a good review from Steam.

This game is brilliant. It has one main strength that makes it a true gem, but it might be often overlooked: this game has two faces really.

At first glance it seems like a very casual but pleasant puzzle platformer. The levels are fun, they require a little bit of figuring out but nothing too complicated. You can pretty much play through the main 100 levels of this game like that without even realising there's more to it. This makes the game appeal to those gamers who just enjoy to chill out.

But there's a lot more this game is hiding... As you'll find out if you try earning fancier flowers, which requires completing levels within a strict time limit. You'll soon realise that for many levels those basic obvious methods of solving them that you used so far don't really work if you want to be fast enough. You suddenly learn the game has a number of undocumented features... little tricks you can do that may even look like exploits, allowing you to skip parts of the levels... But no! You're actually supposed to do all that! Those tricks aren't easy to pull off and getting good enough times is really challenging. Suddenly the casual chill-out game becomes a test of skill comparable to Super Meat Boy. And if you manage to get through all that too and you think you're done... Nope! Super-hard bonus levels are unlocked. If you manage to 100% this game, you're really really good.

This all makes Offspring Fling a great little game for both casual gamers and the most hardcore players. I'm very positively surprised, because initially when I started playing it, it seemed very generic and not standing out in any way. I saw very simplistic graphics and simple puzzles like in million other flash games published on various websites. I was wrong. I was completely wrong. Please take my word for it and don't get the wrong impression like I did. This game is a true masterpiece.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Offspring Fling -- MB-2D7393041471605A - Taken by Fuzzification

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadowplay1979, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-1CEF0B114CAA55BE

t1406446936z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Here's a charming little puzzle platformer, which offers challenges for all levels of players. Here's a good review from Steam.

Offspring Fling is indeed a fun and challenging platformer. It has parries and jump cancels too!
cjjwiAA.png

I haven't even managed to unlock all the achievements
0nBukCg.png

Ventara

Offspring Fling is indeed a fun and challenging platformer. It has parries and jump cancels too!
cjjwiAA.png

I haven't even managed to unlock all the achievements
0nBukCg.png

Well, there you go guys. Confirmation that Offspring Fling is indeed a fun game. So someone please take it already before I have to make it into a garbage dump.

And Shadownet, where are the comics?!

Edit: You know, I just noticed, but Modbot might actually make it into the wall of shame.

Toki767

Somebody tell me why I can't pre-purchase my TitS yet?

According to XSEED, they literally can't put the game up for pre-order, so they're making it 15% off the first week.

Not sure if that has to do with them just being a publisher or if it's a Falcom thing though.

Shadownet

Banned
The Result of the "Great Detective Challenge"

There were 13 Final Applicants, who managed to solved this really difficult challenge.
  1. PfantzyPantz
  2. darkchewie
  3. Widdly Scuds
  4. Kirosia
  5. iosefe
  6. DillonMabry
  7. Sendou
  8. billmcdougal
  9. maniel99
  10. Vuze
  11. pahamrick
  12. someguyinahat
  13. Yrael

None of them were eliminated due to winning any of my giveaway games.

So after careful consideration and observation of their drawing.

The following people are the winners:

1] PfantzyPantz
2] Yrael
-----------------------------------------------------------------
But remember how I said if there was 25 are more applicants I would include 2 more prizes?
Well since the 13 people work so hard on this, I decided that I will include not 2, not 3, not even 4. But 5 runner-up prizes anyway! YAY!

Here are the runner-ups:

1] Vuze
2] billmcdougal
3] darkchewie
4] iosefe
5] maneil99
------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is everyone else who did an admirable job:

1] Widdly Scuds
2] Kirosia
3] DillonMabry
4] Sendou
5] pahhamrick
6] someguyinahat
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for entering! I hope this challenge gave you some brain exercise and that overall you had fun doing it :)
Please give your thanks to Ventara for single-handedly created this wonderful challenge with only like 3 hours to do it. Also thank you Gravelord Nito for providing me with the gif/picture that was at the beginning of the challenge.

You guys did an awesome job, a lot more people entered this than I expected. I hope you all will be looking forward to the next time I do another challenge.

Oh wait, I totally almost forgot to tell you guys what the prizes are right? :p

The 2 winners above will receives
Batman: Arkham Knight
The 5 runner-ups will receives
Rad Bats
I'm kidding!
ALSO Batman: Arkham Knight!

The only difference is that the 2 winners will receive them
before the game is release.
While the runner-ups will receive them sometimes
after the game is released.

Thank you once again for everyone who participated, whether you did not make it into the final, a finalist or someone who helped me put all of this together. I couldn't have done it without you.

I hope those who won will enjoy their gifts later on. I will be contacting you individually when the time come.

If you guys are curious here is the solution to the challenge.
The Story
The Answer

Thanks for a wonderful birthday, the best I've had in a really long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom