• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

The Result of the "Great Detective Challenge"

Thanks for a wonderful birthday, the best I've had in a really long time.

t73LJS5.jpg

Awesome!

Ventara

Oh wait, I totally almost forgot to tell you guys what the prizes are right? :p

The 2 winners above will receives
Batman: Arkham Knight
The 5 runner-ups will receives
Rad Bats
I'm kidding!
ALSO Batman: Arkham Knight!

The only difference is that the 2 winners will receive them
before the game is release.
While the runner-ups will receive them sometimes
after the game is released.

Thank you once again for everyone who participated, whether you did not make it into the final, a finalist or someone who helped me put all of this together. I couldn't have done it without you.

I hope those who won will enjoy their gifts later on. I will be contacting you individually when the time come.

WOW! Very generous of you! And some of those comics are nice, but dammit, I should've entered. I feel like I would've made runner up.
No, I wouldn't.

Mokoi

Banned
Someone sell me on Trails, why does everyone love it so much?

Solid story? Challenging gameplay?

I don't know anything about it, but what sold me was this sweet song that Hugstable showed me.

Sweet song!

Edit: lol huguu provided a much better pitch, and also posted that sweet song too.

_hekk05

Banned
Really long game with a decent story, amazing jazz style music and a fresh take on a turn based battle system where position is taken into account. It's a pretty classicly styled JRPG and I found the PSP game pretty fun. Here's the battle track

Do we know if its a straight up port or if its remastered yet?

Congratz to the winners! I really like PfantzyPantz's drawing. Got a good laugh out of me.

I probably shouldn't have attempted the challenge so late so I could make use of the 7 tries. Old study habits die hard. XD

Hugstable

Banned
Do we know if its a straight up port or if its remastered yet?

I believe it's a port with some new options like widescreen 16:9 and some new resolutions.

Edit: Congrats to all the winners!

I don't know anything about it, but what sold me was this sweet song that Hugstable showed me.

Sweet song!

Edit: lol huguu provided a much better pitch, and also posted that sweet song too.

Double EDIT: MORE HYPE MUSIC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHSe9goesEk

Only about 2 days and it'll be out also!

Yrael

:OOOO

*flails with joy*

Jeremy-Renner.gif

Yaaaay, thank you so much Shadownet, this is incredibly generous of you!!! <3 And congratulations too to PfantzyPantz and the other winners!

I'm loving those drawings - I especially laughed at Ivy and Rad Bats. xD

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm playing Witcher 2 soon and I was wondering how the controller support is for the game. Does it hold up or is kb/m the better option?

Shadownet

Banned
:OOOO

*flails with joy*

Jeremy Renner.gif

Yaaaay, thank you so much Shadownet, this is incredibly generous of you!!! <3 And congratulations too to PfantzyPantz and the other winners!

I'm loving those drawings - I especially laughed at Ivy and Rad Bats. xD

You're welcome :) I used the same gif when I found out I was going on a date tomorrow lol I love Jeremy Renner haha

Hugstable

Banned
I'm playing Witcher 2 soon and I was wondering how the controller support is for the game. Does it hold up or is kb/m the better option?

I always liked playing it on keyboard and mouse, but I've never played it on a controller. The way the fighting system works, I got used to timing my swings perfectly with the mouse clicks after awhile. I actually like the fights in teh Witcher 2, games starts out pretty hard.

Deitus

I'm glad I stayed up for the exciting conclusion of Shadownet's Birthday blowout. Great comics everyone, and what a great prize.

I'm glad you had such a good birthday, and I hope your date goes well.

Vuze

Thank you everyone for entering! I hope this challenge gave you some brain exercise and that overall you had fun doing it :)
Please give your thanks to Ventara for single-handedly created this wonderful challenge with only like 3 hours to do it. Also thank you Gravelord Nito for providing me with the gif/picture that was at the beginning of the challenge.

You guys did an awesome job, a lot more people entered this than I expected. I hope you all will be looking forward to the next time I do another challenge.

Omg, those are two great winners!
Also thank you very much for being awesome and generous with the runner ups, so looking forward to the game ^_^ Didn't think I would make it with my poor drawing skills ;-;

Congrats to the other winners!

Maybe you'd want to post the solutions to the challenge as well for people who are interested. Shoutout to Ventara for setting it up as well!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Darkwood -- MB-2DB382FBA18BDC7B - Taken by Jadax. 25 entrants total.

t1406453776z1.png

tylerf

I've played a fair bit with both KBM and Controller. I liked controller a bit more for combat. My only issue is that the camera control with controller was always a little bit off. I had a hard time finding a setting so that it would move at a comfortable speed.

Shadownet

Banned
Maybe you'd want to post the solutions to the challenge as well for people who are interested. Shoutout to Ventara for setting it up as well!

Congrats Vuze, you didn't win my giveaway but you won something as a consolation prize :p

I added the solution for those who wanted to see it!

I asked you out like a month ago, you shut me down quickly.

Shadownet goes on a date on his birthday.

On my birthday I take a flight close to Ukrainian airspace. Life is not fair

Correction, it's after my birthday :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ryne, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-308B23F8084426B6 - Taken by oupi. 111 entrants total.

t1406454613z1.png

Ventara

I added the solution for those who wanted to see it!

In case anyone doesn't get the answer, just PM me and I'll explain it step by step. I didn't have time to type up a proper explanation when making it, and then it slipped my mind. It's kinda late here, so it'll be tomorrow if you want it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Congrats to all the winners of the challenge. Some hilarious cartoons there, I wish I was as artistic as half you guys are.

I like to joke that I can't even draw stick figures properly. It's not all that far removed from the truth, really. ;)

Andrefpvs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Andrefpvs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-86261C52FA727AC1 - Taken by Whelan. 1 entrants total.

t1406414115z1.png

Only thing I have left from the EA bundle, maybe someone doesn't have it yet.

saunderez

I like to joke that I can't even draw stick figures properly. It's not all that far removed from the truth, really. ;)

Yeah that's pretty much my skill level too. I can see exactly what I want to draw in my mind, but translating that to paper/screen is impossible. I used to practice drawing all the time when I was younger, I had dozens of "How to draw X" books. It was one thing I never improved at. My sister on the other hand, I've seen her draw some amazing stuff. Guess where all the artistic genes went.....

From the last "Draw Your Avatar" thread....this took WAAAAAAY too long.

VojVkpk.png

In case anyone doesn't get the answer, just PM me and I'll explain it step by step. I didn't have time to type up a proper explanation when making it, and then it slipped my mind. It's kinda late here, so it'll be tomorrow if you want it.

Dang, I interpreted "4 streets above" as 4 streets above out of the 5 options (meaning 32nd St). And I forgot to answer who was the real Joker (hint was pretty obvious). XD

Thanks for writing the challenge! Had lots of fun.

maneil99

Joker 3 = 30 = 24venom
Joker 5 = 26 = 19 venom
Joker 1 = 24th = 25 venom
Joker 2 = 20th = 20 venom

I figured that since Joker 2 was 4 streets below one of the other joker's the only options were 20th street or 26th as none of the others would fit nicely with a +4. I also figured that since Joker 1 was on the same street as a venom amount he could only be on 24th or 26th St since those are the only two venom and streets that overlap. That left me with 3 Jokers left, (3,4,5) I knew Joker 4 was above Joker 3 and Joker 5 below Joker 3, and with only 3 numbers remaining I was able to fill in the blanks.

In terms of Venom's I knew whoever was four streets above Joker 2 had the Venom 25, in this case it was Joker 1, and I know from the story that Joker 1's street is the same as Joker 3's Venom. This left me with 3 venom's left (2,4,5). The story states that Joker 2's venom is higher then Joker 5's but lower then 4's. With only 3 venoms left to pick (19,20,23) I filled in the gaps.

Yeah that's pretty much my skill level too. I can see exactly what I want to draw in my mind, but translating that to paper/screen is impossible. I used to practice drawing all the time when I was younger, I had dozens of "How to draw X" books. It was one thing I never improved at. My sister on the other hand, I've seen her draw some amazing stuff. Guess where all the artistic genes went.....

From the last "Draw Your Avatar" thread....this took WAAAAAAY too long.

That's a pretty good drawing of your avatar. The character matches up well in my opinion.

Hugstable

Banned
I loving everything about Freedkm Planet so far. Beat the first 2 levels, and dont feel like I'm gonna be falling asleep anytime soon so gonna try to play some more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that moment you realise you can shoot these fuckers in the legs to stagger them and then kick them and you think about all the ammo youve been wasting >_>

Dr Dogg

that moment you realise you can shoot these fuckers in the legs to stagger them and then kick them and you think about all the ammo youve been wasting >_>

Wait to you get to the Castle. You do much more than just kick them. TMP and an up close attack is a great combo as you save soooo much ammo.

Lain

I reached the 4 level for good in Vertical Drop Heroes HD and was kicking asses like a mofo when I reached the Goblin boss of the level and he annihilated me in 2 seconds.
The level had a warning at the start about the goblin being a quick shot, but I didn't expect him to destroy me that fast. I didn't even understand what had hit me until I went boom and I remembered the warning.
Good times.

I also managed to pass a level without killing the level boss and was greeted by an achievement. Yeah, the game giving achievement for completing tasks like that is a nice touch as far as I'm concerned.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys are curious here is the solution to the challenge.

The Answer

This is what I get for quickly skimming the challenge and finishing it in a few moments between work. I need to stop putting of job related paperwork until the last minute.

-------------

Happy Birthday Shadow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom