• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Just preordered HuniePop.

The spelling of that title really does bad things to my brain.

I'm assuming it's meant to be pronounced "Honey Pop", but whenever my brain sees "Hunie", it reads it as "Hoonie". Yes, "Hoonie Pop". Ugh. >_<

I haven't really followed the development of the game too closely, but the art I saw looked cute, and the match-3/dating sim idea sounds like it could be fun. (I like those puzzle/whatever hybrids in general - Puzzle Quest, Gyromancer, etc. Hell, I like Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, which probably makes me the game's only fan. :p ) Be sure to post up some impressions after you've played it!

Arthea

also, unless youre getting dead mans draw for free with coins, it has bundle game written all over it

I somehow really doubt that, Stardock isn't really much fond of bundles, as far as I can remember.

edited: I'm lagging so bad on my Disgaea backlog, it isn't even funny and here we have yet another.
Why I even buy them, they are just too long for me.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
We can be jobless bros until one or both of us are no longer jobless.

at least we aren't hobros or some Broforce Hobo shit.

You need to strap on your job helmet.
why-dont-i-strap-on-my-job-helmet-and-squeeze-into-a-job-cannon-and-fire-off-into-job-land.gif

Dr Dogg

If NIS ever decide to bring the Disgaea series to Steam I fear many backlogs would suffer for eternity. No one sane has enough free time for Disgaea!

Arthea

If NIS ever decide to bring the Disgaea series to Steam I fear many backlogs would suffer for eternity. No one sane has enough free time for Disgaea!

no truer words have been spoken!
especially if we consider how many of them there are

as long as you dont get into the "im going inside items" stuff, they are just typical srpg lenght. And arent all those games Sony exclusive anyway?

what's the point in playing at all then?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

as long as you dont get into the "im going inside items" stuff, they are just typical srpg lenght. And arent all those games Sony exclusive anyway?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You need to strap on your job helmet.
why-dont-i-strap-on-my-job-helmet-and-squeeze-into-a-job-cannon-and-fire-off-into-job-land.gif

I love Sunny. Every year, near Christmas, one of my mates flies over from the other side of the country to visit friends/family here and we spend an afternoon drinking cheap beer (because you can't watch a show about shitty pub owners and not drink shitty beer) while smashing through the latest season. It's magical.

JaseC

Do you have any idea why it's tagged with "Winter 2013?" Was that when it was announced or is there something I'm missing?

Winter 2013 was the original release date.

Torrance, Calif., (September 6, 2013) – XSEED Games, the independent-minded console publishing brand of Marvelous USA, Inc., is pleased to announce a partnership with Carpe Fulgur LLC to bring the much anticipated title, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC, digitally to PC and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system (including compatibility with the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system) in 2014. The first chapter, previously released for the PSP system as The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, will also be released for PC this winter.

I love Sunny. Every year, near Christmas, one of my mates flies over from the other side of the country to visit friends/family here and we spend an afternoon drinking cheap beer (because you can't watch a show about shitty pub owners and not drink shitty beer) while smashing through the latest season. It's magical.

The funniest thing is that the cast own a bar in Philly which is really upmarket and popular, I went there last year.

Dr Dogg

no truer words have been spoken!
especially if we consider how many of them there are

I've finished the story for 1 and 2, didn't care for 3 much and dropped 4 when I found out there's a Vita version on the way (like next month!) and I've still must have put in a couple of hundred hours.

Pretty much. I don't expect much movement after CLADUN X2 kind of did nothing and hasn't seen a discount in ages (or ever?).

Well, there was a Disgaea DS at least.

Oh yeah I forgot about that version. Quite hard to find a new copy over here that doesn't cost a fortune. Used copies do pop up from time to time but my Vita has become my JRPG/SRPG machine really.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pretty much. I don't expect much movement after CLADUN X2 kind of did nothing and hasn't seen a discount in ages (or ever?).

ever. its actually a running joke now really. if youre putting your game on steam and dont intend to discount it heavily, you are doing it wrong

JaseC

The funniest thing is that the cast own a bar in Philly which is really upmarket and popular, I went there last year.

Haha, awesome.

Yeah, it hasn't been discounted at all since the 2012 Winter Sale.

Speaking of games, would someone in the UK mind helping me out with this? At this point I've no reason to believe it'll go on sale again. Edit: Sorted.

Arthea

Speaking of games, would someone in the UK mind helping me out with this? At this point I've no reason to believe it'll go on sale again.

is it region locked or something? (I mean, why aren't you buying it from ru traders?)

it says PT there in the available countries but I only see the remastered version which I assume you have

oh, I understood my mistake, it's different version of a game he's talking about

Rhaknar

Haha, awesome.

Speaking of games, would someone in the UK mind helping me out with this? At this point I've no reason to believe it'll go on sale again.

it says PT there in the available countries but I only see the remastered version which I assume you have

Grief.exe

I doubt I'll get very far in Trails as the best game ever made is being re-released the same day and then I head out of town for a while. Then again Trails should actually run on my Surface Pro 2 so we'll see.

The Last of Us really dragged on for me. By the time it was over, I was just wanted it to be over.

It's difficult to nail down actual problems though. The gameplay and narrative is polished to a shine and there is nothing actually wrong with that aspect.

I think it was because there was no actual variation in the gameplay for the entire game. What I mean by that is you are doing the exact same actions with little changes. Sneak, stab/shoot, cut scene, repeat.
Sure, you can break any game down to its basic levels like that, but I believe that was the problem with Last of Us.

Tellaerin

Cladun X2 looks like fun, but it doesn't look like $19.99 fun, if that makes sense. In terms of presentation, etc., it puts me in mind of stuff like Half-Minute Hero (the first one's down to $9.99 now, and it's been bundled, too) or a lot of the indie pixel art dungeon games. If it was priced similarly to those (say, $5-10) or it dropped to 75% off at sale time, I could see them shifting some units.

Hugstable

Banned
Oh yeah I forgot about that version. Quite hard to find a new copy over here that doesn't cost a fortune. Used copies do pop up from time to time but my Vita has become my JRPG/SRPG machine really.

Wasn't there also a version Afternoon of Darkness or something of Disgaea 1 that also released on PSP? Disgaea series would be amazing on Steam :D Also my Vita has become the same thing, but it's really the main reason I love it. Whenever I go out somewhere, I've been playing Suikoden 1 for like the 3rd time. Now if only we could have number 2.

The Last of Us really dragged on for me. By the time it was over, I was just wanted it to be over.

It's difficult to nail down actual problems though. The gameplay and narrative is polished to a shine and there is nothing actually wrong with that aspect.

I think it was because there was no actual variation in the gameplay for the entire game. What I mean by that is you are doing the exact same actions with little changes. Sneak, stab/shoot, cut scene, repeat.
Sure, you can break any game down to its basic levels like that, but I believe that was the problem with Last of Us.

As much as I like Last of Us I actually really agree with you about there be not much variation of the gameplay itself, and it really started to show that come fall/winter since the game is actually pretty damn long. My playthrough took 21 hours so I can see it really wearing down on people after a while since most level follow the same formula of overcome enemy situation and then search area for crafting items, then procedd to another situation, then find more items. The game also didn't attempt any real bosses until Winter.

And so stay more On Topic, I'm gonna try to power through alot of Dishonored today and tomorrow. Starting tomorrow it might be full on TiTS time. I don't think I got too much left in the game, but I really want to finish Dishonored before moving onto my next game.

That's not really the case though, what makes it so great are the subtle gameplay variations as you progress through the story. You come to a more open area where you're free to roam about in or can quickly run forward to continue, more constrained areas where you're just trying to quick forward as quickly as possible, the horror elements, and so on with some of the best ones being spoilers. The pacing in the game is unmatched by any other game in the genre, you're never going from combat to combat in an endless loop, it's always broken up by something but not in a scattershot way like Resident Evil 6.

Not to mention how incredibly intense the combat actually is, playing with a nice pair of headphones on the higher difficulties is agonizing. Incredibly loud and actually scary unlike any other game I've played because of how quickly you die. The animation works helps as well as the damage modelling combined with the sound work makes every gun in the game feel powerful and dangerous.

Arthea

Thanks, I will vote YES when I get home.

Hahahaha, that's top quality writing and voice acting.

No need, it's already greenlit, and now we play waiting game and we all buy it, of course (><)

edited: beaten by muncher, unlike in 100% fun!
we actually need to play that again. Nobody is ever willing, when I ask (._.)

Hugstable

Banned
No need, it's already greenlit, and now we play waiting game and we all buy it, of course (><)

edited: beaten by muncher, unlike in 100% fun!
we actually need to play that again. Nobody is ever willing, when I ask (._.)

I'm always willing! We just need a full group amd I would love to play again!

Kifimbo

Good morning:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gemini Rue -- MB-97DA1699DD340F13 - Taken by Capt.Haddock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom