• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so turns out that when you are in your mid 30s, and you sleep 2 an half hours in a 48hour period, you feel like dying soon after, who knew!

anyway, how long is Yaiba if anyone knows? well frost would know since he finished it.

Oh and some gaffer was saying that the RE4 section after Wolverine is the worst part in the game and made him want to quit the game, whats so bad about it? That comment left me worried, especially since I already had a couple of those moments with the game.

dot

Oh and some gaffer was saying that the RE4 section after Wolverine is the worst part in the game and made him want to quit the game, whats so bad about it? That comment left me worried, especially since I already had a couple of those moments with the game.

wut

why would anyone ragequit RE4? LOL

The game is easy as hell. It's not like we're talking about MGR here...

so turns out that when you are in your mid 30s, and you sleep 2 an half hours in a 48hour period, you feel like dying soon after, who knew!

anyway, how long is Yaiba if anyone knows? well frost would know since he finished it.

If he's talking about the water room, it's basically the hardest part of the game. Lots of enemies, tight walkways and lots of room for error. And I don't remember if there are any checkpoints.

not the first invitation i've gotten to go to australia

but yet another i'll have to politely decline

and by politely i mean are you fucking insane

Legally? Yes, but I think it's still up in the air tbh.

Have a baby, you get to feel euphoria and a desperate need to die simultaneously. It's weird and wonderful.

Beelzebubs

I'm thinking the same thing every time, but I always get the feeling it will go on sale right after I buy it :p
So I'll try until it goes on sale at least.

Same, I'm just going to give up and buy it as soon as my online banking starts working. Gonna have to get me some keys. It's around 8/9 right?

Hugstable

Banned

I thought after the wolverine wasnt that bad. The only bad part of the game really was the final boss and some of the Ashley sections. Also anyone would feel like shit with only 3 hours of sleep in 48 hours. Get some more sleep!

Same, I'm just going to give up and buy it as soon as my online banking starts working. Gonna have to get me some keys. It's around 8/9 right?

Pretty much yeah, 8.5 - 9 keys (don't pay more than that).

Said the guy who was previously selling discounted copies.

Haha, it wasn't so very cheap back then anyway due to low key price during summer sale.
I'm actually getting it cheaper now than back then I think.

Mono

Aww yiss

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowgrounds Pack -- MB-F910754966B9049A - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.

t1406597934z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
No more excuses!
yea specially after i had an early bit of gods will be watching spoiled to me that really made me sick to my stomach, so i think i'll be skipping it, at least for a while

still things like

FEATURES:

- Should replace all spiders in the game.
"should" isn't the right wording for this kind of mod lol, so that makes me a bit nervous

that's why i loved system shock 2's no spider mod's description: "I have now set the spiders to be destroyed as soon as they are created. As a safeguard I've also set them to be invisible, completly silent, slower then your avarge dead slug, have one (1) hitpoint, have weapons that make no damage AND they are on the Good team so any other AI's around will slay them! That enough for ya? ;)"

now that's the reassuring i want
(i'll still be paranoid)

Legally? Yes, but I think it's still up in the air tbh.
i would like to try a straight jacket once in my life

Anyone knows how the steambackup feature works?

Will be back in Germany for about 1 month and would like to backup some games. Some games dont have a cloudsave feature though. If I choose to backup Agarest e.g. will it also add my savegame?
(Though seems Agarest has now, but what about games that dont have it?)

Toki767

Just wanted to return the favor since I won a copy last night. Hopefully whoever wins this can turn their monitor vertical.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ikaruga -- MB-57F0CE708C897E02 - Taken by ANuclearError. 40 entrants total.

t1406608314z1.png

yea specially after i had an early bit of gods will be watching spoiled to me that really made me sick to my stomach, so i think i'll be skipping it, at least for a while

still things like

"should" isn't the right wording for this kind of mod lol, so that makes me a bit nervous

that's why i loved system shock 2's no spider mod's description: "I have now set the spiders to be destroyed as soon as they are created. As a safeguard I've also set them to be invisible, completly silent, slower then your avarge dead slug, have one (1) hitpoint, have weapons that make no damage AND they are on the Good team so any other AI's around will slay them! That enough for ya? ;)"

now that's the reassuring i want
(i'll still be paranoid)

i would like to try a straight jacket once in my life
Well, it's probably the modder's first attempt at modding a game, so he/she is not so confident.

Show some support!

rtcn63

Fun fact: Divine was added to the name by the publisher because the CEO liked alliteration, it was not the choice of Larian.

In my high school English class, I peer reviewed one girl's paper in which she used the phrase "angelic angels" repeatedly.

I wanna buy games, but i have to be patient. I've been waiting for Crypt Of The Necrodancer for so long, ever since playing it on DDR pads at PAX East, and finally Wed. i can buy it again. Hopefully its only around 10 bucks, or i'm gonna have to go on a selling binge.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hearing about Iron Brigade on a podcast makes me want to finally play Iron Brigade. was that GFWL, in which case I really SHOULD play it sooner rather than later?

yes its an old podcast

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not looking up and storing users by ID? Stump, I am disappoint.

Just to follow up on this; it has to do with how vBulletin handles PM dumps (it does it by username, not by ID--do a "download all my PMs as TXT" export to see the format ModBot uses to parse incoming PMs). I could do a manual lookup/cache on first time seeing a given username, but I never really bothered to fix it.

Ventara

Just picked up the first tier of the Humble Flash Bundle. I was tempted to go in for the $20 bundle, but I'm just mainly interested in Freddi Fish, and I already won Freddi Fish 2 from a giveaway.

wilflare

woke up and finally caught up with everything
some really awesome giveaways :D
(thankfully there wasn't Witcher 3 or KiD)

---
Latest Humble Bundle - FREDDIE!
does the complete include everything in this Steam Sub?
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/42723/

---
Enhanced Steam Woes
Is anyone using Chrome Dev/Beta withit? I'm still getting errors no matter what I'm doing and it's getting frustrating... sigh. - I love this extension

---
Which key?
If only Steam gives an option to toggle which key you used to redeem the game - that would make life SO MUCH EASIER - gawd... hope this can be an Enhanced Steam feature in the future (though it hinges on whether Steam makes that data available)

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

99 Levels To Hell -- MB-066019498061F409 - Taken by salazar547. 1 entrants total.
Rogue's Tale -- MB-A47A46FA71755C3E - Taken by diablogod. 1 entrants total.
The Howler -- MB-F624A3CB3A10268B - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.

t1406600154z1.png

tumblr_0urx4.gif

Just to follow up on this; it has to do with how vBulletin handles PM dumps (it does it by username, not by ID--do a "download all my PMs as TXT" export to see the format ModBot uses to parse incoming PMs). I could do a manual lookup/cache on first time seeing a given username, but I never really bothered to fix it.

I was just teasing, referential integrity is a particular anal retentive obsession of mine for various reasons. VB is a really clunky piece of code at this point, so I'm actually pretty impressed by how well mudbutt manages to function honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom