• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn yo, Morrowind with mods is pretty.

mgescreenshot0018mj6j.png

guys, i think mod bot is broken
the one who got the mystery game was given Operation Flashpoint is Dragon Rising
but i already had this game in the giveaway
and the one who one Operation Flashpoint is Dragon Rising , tried the link and found its been used
so,the what was the mystery game ?

really?? well that sucks :/ , what was the mystery game then??

L.O.R.D

I'm betting it was some wonkiness in the message to modbot to register. If everything is already claimed, post your PM to modbot here.

--

Anyone around who's particularly competent @ cutting out images from jpgs from avatars and saving them as PNG with transparency?
I've picked a new Avatar, but could use some help with lifting the character off the background.

the only game was not taken is Rise of the Argonauts
no one even entered for this game
salazar547 claimed your Mystery Game #1 key. There were 47 entrants.
billmcdougal claimed your Overlord and Raising Hell DLC key. There were 3 entrants.
Stallion Free claimed your Operation Flashpoint: Red River key. There were 5 entrants.
Deadbeat claimed your Operation Flashpoint key. There were 3 entrants.
Deadbeat was suppose to take Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising
but salazar547 took the Mystery Game and it happen to be Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

so, what was the real Mystery Game ?

really?? well that sucks :/ , what was the mystery game then??

There wasn't one, most likely.
I'm guessing there was something modbot parsed that made it think that the mystery game was the link for operation flashpoint.

the only game was not taken is Rise of the Argonauts
no one even entered for this game

Something had to be wonky with your pm...

Has anybody played 4PM I'd like to hear some peoples thoughts because I'm kind of interested...

Rhaknar tried it. He surmised that whomever gifted it to him did it out of spite and hatred, I think.

That's soooooo mean.

Two things stand out.
(1) Modbot used to not like it if there was a : or other special character in the game title and required you to also use it as the separator should the case occur. I do not see this covered in stump's new tutorial thread though, so maybe this rule is gone.
(2) it looks like there might be a /n or /r character after the "Dragon Rising"; if this is the case, then modbot read the line with Dragon Rising as game a with key "<whitespace> <newline>" and read the next game as "<no title> -- dragon rising url", I believe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dammit, seemed interesting though, another one on the wishlist in hopes of a sale!

OK! nvm its staying off my list! lol

yes I finished it, its about 20-30 minutes long, with a somewhat interesting story / premise about
alchoolism
but terrible execution. Its not as bad as dear esther (the gold standard in shitty "non-games games" category in my opinion) but its close. something to get in a bundle and nowhere else, not even on a sale imo.

or, you know, get it gifted out of spite I guess :(

I was just repeating what you said earlier about you thinking that whomever gifted it to you did it out of hate. :p

to be fair, it was on my wishlist

yes I finished it, its about 20-30 minutes long, with a somewhat interesting story / premise about
alchoolism
but terrible execution. Its not as bad as dear esther (the gold standard in shitty "non-games games" category in my opinion) but its close. something to get in a bundle and nowhere else, not even on a sale imo.

I was just repeating what you said earlier about you thinking that whomever gifted it to you did it out of hate. :p

taco543

alchoolism

Oh gawd I have dear Esther and have yet to play it and of course I got it in a bundle I'm pretty certain I'll see this then in one in oh idk like a month lol. And whoever gifted it to you has saved me so I thank you and them but I apologize for you having this hot mess lol

Guess I'll go back to Betrayer, even though I've kinda already got it figured out.

Enter a new area > reach the camp > ring the bell > use the compass to find everything > go to next area

I guess there will be some different enemies and maybe a new weapon or two but eh.
Not really feeling it.

Oh gawd I have dear Esther and have yet to play it and of course I got it in a bundle I'm pretty certain I'll see this then in one in oh idk like a month lol. And whoever gifted it to you has saved me so I thank you and them but I apologize for you having this hot mess lol

If you ever decide to take about 30-60 minutes to "play" Dear Esther, for the love of all that is holy, open the console and jack up the walking speed exponentially. Trust me, it makes the game more enjoyable when you're not walking like a 97-year old man on crutches because he has the gout.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
eHtaNW7.gif

7 month threshold passed!

Scoreboard said:
96 from Jawmuncher
60 from Toki767
60 from Anustart
54 from Morningbus
36 from default two
36 from Mono
30 from Mokoi
24 from BinaryPork2737
24 from dot
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
18 from CorrosiveFrost
18 from Cloudius12
12 from Cheddahz
12 from Gunstarheroes
12 from Chocobro
12 from tylerf
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from tiny raptor
6 from thesaucetastic
6 from Stallion Free
6 from Xclash
6 from Myshkin

Total: $582.00

Huge thanks to the following people since the last update:

Mono should have his own monotheistic relgion, giving us our daily code!

Gunstarheroes is the real hero with 1 more code!

Cloudius12 givestous 1 code!

Dot proves that you can't spell "one additional M&M giveaway code" without d-o-t!

CorrosiveFrost is workin' like a boss. 1 code.

chocobro goes with the flow. 1 code.

tylerf, what the eff?! 1 code!

anustart: don't even let me start. 2 codes!

If you ever decide to take about 30-60 minutes to "play" Dear Esther, for the love of all that is holy, open the console and jack up the walking speed exponentially. Trust me, it makes the game more enjoyable when you're not walking like a 97-year old man on crutches because he has the gout.

I actually liked the walking speed...

... if it would have been a VR game

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

for what its worth, I dont hate "non-game games". I loved Stanley Parable and Gone Home, I liked Jazzpunk, disliked 4PM and hated Dear Esther.

Mono

I never finished Dear Esther. It was cool to look around at the ocean and stuff, but I thought it was boring and the lighthouse was 2spooky4me!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I got a Humble Bundle with Magical Diary and Planet Stronghold in it and the writing-quality gulf between the two meant that playing them close together could nearly give a person whiplash.

Listen to Caerith.

I really should get around to going back to Planet Stronghold. I'll probably lower the difficulty like Casimir (I think it was Casimir) mentioned though, it'll be much easier to speed through then.

On that note, what exactly is the process for adding cards to a game on Steam? Can the dev/publisher decide to incorporate them at any time pre- or post-release, or do they have to get into some sort of queue managed by Valve?

I'm not really 100% sure either. I do know that cards can be added post release, and there's a few small requirements like a game can't have more than 10 emoticons and some of them have to be rarer than others, but that's all I know about the process of adding them.

Rhaknar

How do you feel about Antichamber?

havent played it, looks trippy tho

if you want to be a smartass, you could include Walking Dead and / or Wolf Among Us in that category. Especially Wolf, since that was almost a interactive story and little else (thats not a complaint). And i love both (well, I loved wolf ep 1 which is all I played)

I really should get around to going back to Planet Stronghold. I'll probably lower the difficulty like Casimir (I think it was Casimir) mentioned though, it'll be much easier to speed through then.

speaking of bumping games down to easy yo get through them, I should do this with The Bureau

Steamplay logo, usually followed by a windows and apple logo, sometimes a linux penguin
Learned something new today. Thanks man.
Also, your screenshots of TNO look nice but why do you spoiler-tag so much. Most doesn't need I think.
A couple more screens, one of Fist McHardpeck and the starting town. Was surprised to see actual water caustics too.
The face of that man looks better than those in Oblivion and Skyrim.
How does Morrowind compare to the sequels regarding combat, choice, story? Did it age good?

taco543

oh gawd that is good to know, I was actually planning on playing it in the next few days lol
I want boifurendo games tho.
Ok bye...
ikms2E686ZWNw.gif

hatoful boyfriend? lol

Mono

Mmm... finally upgrading my RAM this week (8 gigs). Finally excited to jump into Oblivion. Picked up the GOTY Deluxe edition today.

Make sure to play the Shivering Isles expansion! I liked it better than the base game, honestly. Sheogorath is great.

if you want to be a smartass, you could include Walking Dead and / or Wolf Among Us in that category. Especially Wolf, since that was almost a interactive story and little else (thats not a complaint). And i love both (well, I loved wolf ep 1 which is all I played)

There seems to be a really weird gray area between non-games, adventure games, point-and-clicks, and visual novels. You should play the rest of TWAU; it's excellent! I like it better than The Walking Dead, though I'm not finished with that game.

speaking of bumping games down to easy yo get through them, I should do this with The Bureau

I'm not trying to be a smartass, it was a fucking question. I've played quite a bit of Antichamber and was curious on your opinion.

Corpekata

Banned
Personally as soon as I see someone try to describe something as a non-game these days my eyes roll back into my head and I start convulsing, hoping it will distract them long enough to stop talking.

taco543

for what its worth, I dont hate "non-game games". I loved Stanley Parable and Gone Home, I liked Jazzpunk, disliked 4PM and hated Dear Esther.

Yeah I love them actually I could not stop playing stanley parable for a while, and just adore jazzpunk havent played gone home and honestly thats why 4pm interested me but yeah illl wait for bundle lol

Rhaknar

I'm not trying to be a smartass, it was a fucking question. I've played quite a bit of Antichamber and was curious on your opinion.

the "you" in this case was a general "you", not actually YOU you, my bad :(

I should have said "if one wanted to be a smartass" :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom