• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

... Don't you check your friends activity feed?
I finished it, with 'both' paths, clocking in at 4 hours, and took like 200 screenshots of the awful fucking raping of the English language, which is pretty much the only "dirty" thing happening in the entire game.

But but but

random steam forum post said:
I'm not sure how far into the game I am now, but I have been playing for a bit now... And the grammar (In my opinion!) Isn't that bad at all...

At least they seem to be fixing it somewhat, but still that's not the quality it should have been released in. Hopefully fault milestone one won't be like that.

Is it really that bad?!
For an "English team", the writing is a disgrace. It reads like the stilted attempts at a story by a horny 12 year old, and whoever thought this was ready for release as is should be fired. The two writers apparently can't even manage to stick to one tense, mixing past, present and future up in one big mess of a run-on sentence every second line. The character's 'voices' (in text, not spoken ones) are all over the place, with random accents and slang words appearing in one line, but not the next time.

One positive thing I can say about this 'game' is that the art is well done. Oh, and there's really not much game about it either, since there's only one choice near the end of the game... which seems to be broken anyway, so...

The only thing asking money for this monstrosity will achieve is to poison the well for any further releases you plan, Sekai Project. Well done, ♥♥♥♥♥s. Next time, maybe spend the time to edit the stuff you're publishing?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just thought of something, can you access the DLC from anywhere? because both my characters are now in NG+ relatively early on :/

zkylon

zkylewd
I just thought of something, can you access the DLC from anywhere? because both my characters are now in NG+ relatively early on :/
pretty sure NOT

anywho i bought the season pass off gmg with playfire money for 8 bucks so i can't be too picky

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, looks like I got the last few bugs out of the auto-repost thing, so ModBot should repost my giveaway on its own in the next few seconds.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Stumpokapow, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Stumpokapow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-C70B06DC1A8D199B

t1405916428z1.png

only a couple of minutes left
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

VVVVVV -- MB-A328F9CBD1BDC1E7 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 3 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-1BA0C33900C1AED8 - Taken by wilflare. 15 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-F1C9A18EB61B5FB8

t1405914386z1.png

Grief.exe

and where is this "word" coming from? because someone said that in the thread earlier, but didnt link to anything actually talking about the dlc
dlc

Comes out on the 22nd doesn't it? My birthday :3 My gift to you all.

When From patched the game last week, they included the dlc files with the patch.

Anyone can go in and play the dlc at this point. I haven't delved deeper as I wasn't interested and I didn't want to spoil myself.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
and I was obviously joking. its not stealth begging if you proclaim you are stealth begging... unless, it really was stealth begging disguised as not being stealth begging. PLOT TWIST

dramaticchipmunk.gif

it wasnt

I never said you weren't joking :p

My post wasn't ;___;

Again, anything worthwhile about it is probably already in the game's screenshot page on Steam Community...

Eventual animu cards, emoticons, and backgrounds though. They'll sell like hotcakes.

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Stumpokapow, who is running this raffle.

That'll actually cut down on posts, useful.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you do want to do the automatic repost thing in a future 3 or 24 hour raffle, you can read about it in Post #4 of ModBot's brand new tutorial thread. The rule is AUTOREPOST. The timing on reposts reflect what I think is a fair timing for reposting to get good giveaways the attention they deserve without flooding the thread. If you disagree, feel free to manually repost, but please try to be considerate of the thread as a whole, especially if what you're giving away is a bundle extra rather than something you bought just to give away :)

If a game has 5 cards in its set, would it drop 2 or drop 3 of them?

Games drop Total Cards / 2 rounded up.

If you do want to do the automatic repost thing in a future 3 or 24 hour raffle, you can read about it in Post #4 of ModBot's brand new tutorial thread. The rule is AUTOREPOST. The timing on reposts reflect what I think is a fair timing for reposting to get good giveaways the attention they deserve without flooding the thread. If you disagree, feel free to manually repost, but please try to be considerate of the thread as a whole, especially if what you're giving away is a bundle extra rather than something you bought just to give away :)

Holy flarking whoa.
EXCELLENT.
Straight up KILLIN' IT.

Caerith

Should I feel dirty for really wanting sakura spirit?
Don't judge me!

Why do you want it, though?

If you want something that tells a story with only minimal effort required, read a book. At least then the story is likely to be interesting and well-told.

If you want to look at boobs, you're on the internet. The boobs in this game have a weird plasticky shine to them, like the artist took a plastic doll and propped it under a desk lamp to use as reference.

If you want to support visual novels being on Steam, support the good ones.

If you want the +1 gamecount, well, wait for it to go on sale.

UncleBiz

very cool. will all of these reposts be edited once the giveaway is over? so you don't have to go digging to the op

Hugstable

Banned

Very cool and useful, thanks for this!

taco543

If you want something that tells a story only minimal effort required, read a book. At least then the story is likely to be interesting and well-told.

If you want to look at boobs, you're on the internet. The boobs in this game have a weird plasticky shine to them, like the artist took a plastic doll and propped it under a desk lamp to use as reference.

honestly for the second to last reason I like visual novels and it's a very interesting way to tell a story. But yeah from what I'm seeing its probably either best to avoid it like the plague or just snag when its inevitably only 50 cents or a dollar maybe lol and even then just so I can see how reallllly bad it is lol. And also other than wolf among us and the telltale games of course I didn't know about the ones you tagged so thanks for those I may have to check those out.

If you want something that tells a story with only minimal effort required, read a book. At least then the story is likely to be interesting and well-told.

I got a Humble Bundle with Magical Diary and Planet Stronghold in it and the writing-quality gulf between the two meant that playing them close together could nearly give a person whiplash.

Listen to Caerith.

Finished Inversion

Good stuff
- Low-gravity powers are cool since they involve throwing objects, grabbing people from far away and smashing them into walls, etc.
- Enemies get messed up nicely. Decapitations, limbs getting severed, bodies just exploding into nothingness, etc.
- Some neat locales and cool set-pieces
- Serviceable story. There were probably plenty of holes but as an excuse for an action game, it ain't bad.

Bad stuff
- High-gravity powers are bland. One of them stops enemies from moving. Why stop when you can kill? The other creates a shield. That's nice I suppose but as soon as you get the shield enemies start doing more damage, so you're kinda forced into using it.
- Bosses get re-used so much. It's not noticeable at first but at around the 4 hour point (6 hour game) bosses are introduced and then ran into the ground.
-Difficulty needs polishing. The default setting is more than do-able, but if I could go back I would have went with something easier. That way I could focus more on using powers and not have to worry about some stray explosion wiping me out.
-The last couple weapons are energy-based. They cover the enemy in blue-white flames which kinda makes it hard to tell that you've killed them. It's just not as satisfying when you can't see their arms fly off, their head pop like a meat balloon, and so on.
-General nitpicky stuff that an extra month in QA could have fixed.

All in all Inversion is good dumb entertainment. It's basically Timeshift influenced by Gears of War. Give it a go if you can find it on the cheap.

L.O.R.D

guys, i think mod bot is broken
the one who got the mystery game was given Operation Flashpoint is Dragon Rising
but i already had this game in the giveaway
and the one who one Operation Flashpoint is Dragon Rising , tried the link and found its been used
so,the what was the mystery game ?

Articalys

Eventual animu cards, emoticons, and backgrounds though. They'll sell like hotcakes.
On that note, what exactly is the process for adding cards to a game on Steam? Can the dev/publisher decide to incorporate them at any time pre- or post-release, or do they have to get into some sort of queue managed by Valve?

I'm so close to having 100% in Cook, Serve, Delicious. Just need the 6th slot on Extreme Difficulty, then i just need to grind for customers and get the weird e-mail. So close...

Seagoon

Will the Dishonored GOTY physical edition register on Steam? It's not on the official list but I've read mixed reports online of it using Steamworks.

guys, i think mod bot is broken
the one who got the mystery game was given Operation Flashpoint is Dragon Rising
but i already had this game in the giveaway
and the one who one Operation Flashpoint is Dragon Rising , tried the link and found its been used
so,the what was the mystery game ?

I'm betting it was some wonkiness in the message to modbot to register. If everything is already claimed, post your PM to modbot here.

--

Anyone around who's particularly competent @ cutting out images from jpgs from avatars and saving them as PNG with transparency?
I've picked a new Avatar, but could use some help with lifting the character off the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom