• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you suck then, you ruined my plan. you ruin everything frost, stop gifting the wrong games :(

sidenote: im so fucking sleepy, its not even funny anymore, its just sad. fuck sundays

What is it with my gifts just being wrong today?!
Guess I can't do anything right today... :(

Anustart

Tried to play some Dark Souls just now after a long ass break. Can't connect to live, just great. Just says no connection or not valid log in, even though it was remembered from before and I entered nothing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I see. Out of interest, how often has the no juniors rule been implemented?

ive never seen it being used. ive seen the "only for juniors" one a few times tho

wheres my wrestling bro Toki at, I wanna lol at cenawinslol

edit: there he is right on cue lol, i summoned him :O

Dammit Ubisoft.
I kinda want to get Splinter Cell Blacklist now with the Humblestore discount, but I really don't want to get the Uplay version because of your shitty client that downloads data in random places instead of the nice fixed dir the Steam version gets downloaded to.
Don't do it, wait for a steam sale.

hitmon

Less than half hour remaining for those who are interested.

ModBot said:
Originally Posted by ModBot

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitmon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-06419A1B16CA2060

t1405912831z1.png

Caerith

Sakura Spirit, named after a character who only appears in two scenes and doesn't have breasts that look like the artist's only reference was a cheaply-made Barbie under very bright lighting, got a 12.1 MB update. The devs treated the "updates" section like a spell-checker, so there are no patch notes.

Jawmuncher

Sakura Spirit, named after a character who only appears in two scenes and doesn't have breasts that look like the artist's only reference was a cheaply-made Barbie under very bright lighting, got a 12.1 MB update. The devs treated the "updates" section like a spell-checker, so there are no patch notes.

So who will be the lucky gaffer to hunt the actual update for us.

Anustart

Just great! Can't sign into Live in dark souls, and if it is my password, doesn't matter, the forgot password button is a dead link. Fucking hell.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm is Shantae a "metroidvania" in the sense that you can go left or right in levels and need new powers to progress in some areas or is it a linear right-to-left platformer?

Im getting conflicting information

Sigh... Yeah, that's about the conclusion I'd come to.
Watch the game never drop to 7.5 again on Steam, if my previous "I'll get it next sale" holds ;)
Patching it with uplay in order to play coop and multi would drive you crazy!
Agreed.
It was already 10 bucks on steam. It'll hit that price again come winter.
It was 10.19 as a midweek madness a few days before the summer sale, and cheaper in the actual sale.

Hugstable

Banned
hmm is Shantae a "metroidvania" in the sense that you can go left or right in levels and need new powers to progress in some areas or is it a linear right-to-left platformer?

You need new powers to progress certain areas.

Deitus

Maybe the update is that they finally figured out how to use spell check.

Toki767

ive never seen it being used. ive seen the "only for juniors" one a few times tho

wheres my wrestling bro Toki at, I wanna lol at cenawinslol

edit: there he is right on cue lol, i summoned him :O

Don't even care that Cena won. That PPV was garbage quality-wise outside of the first match lol

Rhaknar

Grief.exe

Just great! Can't sign into Live in dark souls, and if it is my password, doesn't matter, the forgot password button is a dead link. Fucking hell.

Try signing into Xbox.com, you may need an authentication number.

Somewhat. You need New powers to progress and can backtrack to open up new areas, but it is very small.

Hugstable

Banned
Almost Done!~

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-21622BA82D57F54A - Taken by Zantar. 33 entrants total.

t1405913082z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Unrest is the one that Turf is gifting me, he just volunteered because he is in constant Unrest from his fucked up arm

already own gods will be watching, im buying darkwood and halfway myself, pork is gifting me freedom planet because he's the new X05, frost has shadow blade because it looks like strider and hes a strider fanboy, so who has olioli? lash because his avatar looks like a skater? boom done

now THATS how you motherfucking stealth beg in style, take notes younglings!

I'm basically broke and able to afford nothing but cheap bundles for now.

"Grammar patch for the most part."

Rhaknar

You don't want it.

have you actually played it? I should play it, I paid the ultimate price for it afterall, I might aswell go all the way. any idea how long it is?

and I was obviously joking. its not stealth begging if you proclaim you are stealth begging... unless, it really was stealth begging disguised as not being stealth begging. PLOT TWIST

dramaticchipmunk.gif

it wasnt

Anustart

Try signing into Xbox.com, you may need an authentication number.

Somewhat. You need New powers to progress and can backtrack to open up new areas, but it is very small.

Got signed in, but some settings got borked somewhere. Seems like there's super motion blur now, and game runs like ass. I already fixed it Durante!

Also, 360 controller doesn't work :/

Borderlands 2 has so many DLC. Does the GOTY edition include everyone?
Wait a minute.. you have linked the MAC version of the game. The WIN version is at 22$
Also, what's up with this?
wrFRMa3.png

My trusty 9600M GS is out of date already? AlBundyComplainingAtHis10yearTVbreaking.gif

Thanks for the suggestions!
Yep, I've already played all of the Theif games. I wish more stealth games would utilize light/dark as well as Theif.
Oops, forgot there was a gun in Dishonored because I'm going for a no-detection stealth run. Such a great game! And really hard if you do it that way in the later chapters.
I don't mind gore much, especially in a game where it can't be taken seriously from how over the top it is. (See: Mortal Kombat)
I didn't play it but those who have say Metro 2033 & Metro Last Light are stealth fps.
Take a look at them

Correct, it won't pick up on any edited giveaway syntax.
In addition, you don't tell it when to repost--for 3 hour giveaways it reposts once (after 2 hours, 1 hour remaining). For 24 hour giveaways, it reposts twice (after 12 hours / half way; and then after 23 hours, 1 hour remaining). This seemed like a fair compromise to me and people don't like it they can not use it, but I think it's a good balance between etiquette and not spamming vs getting attention for your giveaways.
This is a handy feature as most giveaways that are 3h/24h get reposted manually anyway. For those this could be on by default.

She looks....charismatic
Looks like a he to me.

Also, thanks to Archangel_ again for Zeno Clash. He didn't have to as it was not his mistake.

Turfster

have you actually played it? I should play it, I paid the ultimate price for it afterall, I might aswell go all the way. any idea how long it is?
... Don't you check your friends activity feed?
I finished it, with 'both' paths, clocking in at 4 hours, and took like 200 screenshots of the awful fucking raping of the English language, which is pretty much the only "dirty" thing happening in the entire game.

And then I wrote a review for it.
Nobody ever listens to me ;_;

Jawmuncher

... Don't you check your friends activity feed?
I finished it, with 'both' paths, clocking in at 4 hours, and took like 200 screenshots of the awful fucking raping of the English language, which is pretty much the only "dirty" thing happening in the entire game.

And then I wrote a review for it.
Nobody ever listens to me ;_;

Your review told me I should buy it ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom