• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

I've been jolly co-opping with this guy with Dark Souls. He's in NG+7 and we're both sl1. Which basically comes down to everything can kill us in one hit. It's a lot of fun but somewhat frustrating at times.

The last of us photo OT made me realize how serious people here will take screen shots. Regardless of that sounds like the patch that just came out fixed a lot of issues in tits. Mainly the resolution which was the biggest one aside from people not having codec packs installed such as myself.

Some people like HolyFridge are amazing, I just like the photo mode in TLoU/inFamous because it lets you zoom in and out which really shows the unbelievable amount of detail in the games. Hope such things become more common.

And great, hopefully it'll run well on my Surface Pro 2 as I'll be heading out for work soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's a certain humour to posting a list of those who've finished 52 games this year in the Steam thread. ;)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've probably played over 52 games this year if you include freeware horror games and such, but haven't been keeping count and haven't posted impressions of all of them.

I feel I've been playing a lot of games this year though.

Hugstable

Banned
Still congrats to them.

Yeah 52 games in one year is quite an accomplishment. I think I've completed maybe about 25 games this past year, but 52 is double that amount. I should stop playing so many RPG lol. But then again I love them too much, * Goes back to playing Trails*

Teppic

I won this game before, but it turned out I already had a key for it in an old indie royale. I have had a bit of bad luck keeping track of which games I own lately, buying bundles for mostly one game which I later find out I already own.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hard Reset -- MB-6A974CCF8734E037 - Taken by EzioCroft

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So you can't re-gift Humble gifts? That kind of sucks.

If you wouldn't use the gift yourself, couldn't you just give the link to someone else? Understandably users don't have the functionality to unlink a redeemed key, but unless you have to "claim" a gift page (sort of like Indie Gala) then I would assume you could just pass it on.

MRORANGE

Over 20 million people watched the International Dota 2 Championships

Valve's Dota 2 tournament, The International 4, reached more than 20 million viewers online and in the game client.

During the Grand Finals, The International peaked at more than 2 million simultaneous viewers. This "does not include ESPN, MTG Europe, or CCTV China TV coverage," a Valve representative told IGN.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...atched-the-international-dota-2-championships
That's a lot and I hope we get final numbers with ESPN, MTG and CCTV included.

Nabs

Here are a few Origin leftovers, Burnout Paradise is definitely worth trying out if you don't already have it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nabs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise (Origin) -- MB-4C7AA5B7279E3D00 - Taken by Teppic
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-91D71F32CDA6E4B9

I still cannot sign in. :|

Hey man, I'm sure Origin would let you in.

I believe you can link them the download page and they can redeem the game from there.

I'll be sure to give that a try.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kaper, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kaper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Remnant -- MB-978305E4D68E955D - Taken by KenOD. 19 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-0C78B647086F69C2 - Taken by Drakhyrr. 9 entrants total.

t1406677616z1.png

Jawmuncher

Yeah 52 games in one year is quite an accomplishment. I think I've completed maybe about 25 games this past year, but 52 is double that amount. I should stop playing so many RPG lol. But then again I love them too much, * Goes back to playing Trails*

I might need to tally up what I've beaten. But the issue is i always blur last year with this year.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If anyone would like to try out my new program (which I'm calling "Idle Master") you can get it here: https://github.com/jshackles/idle_master

I'm going to be AFK for a little while with real life stuff, but I'll try to answer any questions I can. Please keep in mind that this is still in really early stages - it may contain bugs or not work for everyone. If you encounter any issues with it, feel free to PM me and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Toki767

If anyone would like to try out my new program (which I'm calling "Idle Master") you can get it here: https://github.com/jshackles/idle_master

I'm going to be AFK for a little while with real life stuff, but I'll try to answer any questions I can. Please keep in mind that this is still in really early stages - it may contain bugs or not work for everyone. If you encounter any issues with it, feel free to PM me and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

That sounds like an interesting program to try. That won't get us banned or anything right?

MRORANGE

Amazing work as always jshackles :)

Jawmuncher

Will be using it tonight!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That sounds like an interesting program to try. That won't get us banned or anything right?

I presume that it's safe to use, since it's basically the same as idling your games with SAM which people have been doing since the Trading Card Beta.

With that being said, there are no guarantees. :(

Super impressive that you and Stump knocked this project out so quick. Looking forward to trying it out, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom