• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Jack Lumber -- MB-D868F943BDE4F83D - Taken by chronomac

So I started FEZ, thinking 'let's see one level for a start and tomorrow I dig deeper'. Almost 2 hours later I'm here now, I was so engaged in the aesthetics and messing around getting some cubes, and I didn't even try to decode all the stuff out there. I don't know if I should start writing stuff or can I wait till later? Also, let's say I can't decode it, would I still get some ending when I collect everything I'm capable of without the knowledge or do I defo have to decode it.

Leg-End

So I started FEZ, thinking 'let's see one level for a start and tomorrow I dig deeper'. Almost 2 hours later I'm here now, I was so engaged in the aesthetics and messing around getting some cubes, and I didn't even try to decode all the stuff out there. I don't know if I should start writing stuff or can I wait till later? Also, let's say I can't decode it, would I still get some ending when I collect everything I'm capable of without the knowledge or do I defo have to decode it.

So good with headphones, super relaxing.

There's less DRM in pc games now than there ever has been, and more games released both on console and pc than there ever has been. [...] But this idea that somehow anything at all about PC gaming is worse now because of Steam is disingenuous and misguided.
Some fair points. Unity on a system has its advantages, like better visibility, ease of distribution and in Steams DD case, easier for self-publishing. There are many places where Valve could have handled things different and bad for devs/users and I am glad they didn't. It was not my intention to mark them as a scapegoat for anything, it's just feels weird when shortcomings of console ecosystems get pointed out when every system has some; some more some less. Like I said, I like Steam and prefer PC gaming (only have access to PS3 from time to time). Maybe I went a bit overboard with painting Valve of the harbinger of DRM, when all kinds of DRM where there before them and actually more DRM-free games are available now, even high-profile ones (on Steam to boot and GOG etc.). Growing up with mostly local DRM (keys, cd) I am biased towards online DRM I'll admit. I should change my perception as I see it's not objective enough. But I am an old man.
Personally I see much more trouble with console ecosystems, and I'd always prefer the PC version, so it's doubly weird being called out by some for showing them as the only ones improving and pc/steam only getting worse, ha.

Ozium

Groupees ebbs and flows between decent bundles and shit-tier, unfortunately we are in a shit-tier situation now but hopefully soon we will see another be mine and clash of the world: asia.

Believe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not the most versed in MMOs, but after all the things I heard about Firefall, I guess I expected there'd be little enough demand to warrant that.

I dont remember a MMO that wasnt borked at launch, not even GW2 which prople usually use as an example :p Maybe Wildstar, I didnt play that

Dr Dogg

Thanks, I was a bit confused by their new system.

No worries. I've updated my post with pretty pictures. If you haven't claimed it on your account yet give the Humble guys a shout via their support system. They're pretty quick about things and I had my issues sorted out in 8ish hours and someone else in here had their purchase changed to a gift.

tylerf

I just boarded the TiTS winter sale hype train. It's like the regular hype train but you get to keep the hype going for even longer!

iosefe

#1: DunderHassan
#2: Ozium
#3: Easton Dark
#4: YianGaruga

t1406672100z0.png

i shall pray for your thumbs

Newblade

Please take these away from me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Love -- MB-A6DFC55A28500DCE - Taken by iosefe
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-8498CA54CFD65DA7 - Taken by lukiluk
Retro/Grade -- MB-B2E41E3343A972F5 - Taken by DaBargainHunta

Hugstable

Banned
I'm contemplating if it is worth it or not got get the Sqenix Bundle just for Last Remnant and DX:HR DC

I've been contemplating that same thing all day -_-. Kinda wanted to get the DX: The Fall now once I learned that glitch wasn't actually part of the game and I want to see how bad it is myself. Plus I want to see what these "improved" boss fights of teh DC version are all about. Plus the new game additions from today I don't own, and Last Remnant always looked pretty cool to me.

You can get DXHR and Last Remnant for much less individually during sales.

Hmm I might not jump on taht one then and just go for the BTA tier. It's only like 6 or so bucks more, but the only thing I need out of that group is DX:HR DC.

I dont remember a MMO that wasnt borked at launch, not even GW2 which prople usually use as an example :p Maybe Wildstar, I didnt play that

I did know the Diablo 3 and Sim City debacles, so I guess I shoulda expected it. Ah well, was recommended by a friend not to bother anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's definitely a cool LoR skin.
see, totally worth not getting tits

Reminds me of that "mom asked what is brb ttyl" joke.
lol

And people complain about TF2's cosmetics clashing with its artstyle. :O Though I don't care about that, style trumps thematic consistency.
i dunno league's artstyle is pretty loose so it's not a big deal

also yea cool skins > everything

oh thats a League skin? if so that looks a lot better than I have any memory of League looking o_O
yea game looks pretty decent now, specially champions

new map is gonna be dope when it's released too

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I did know the Diablo 3 and Sim City debacles, so I guess I shoulda expected it. Ah well, was recommended by a friend not to bother anyway.

neither of those are even MMOs, but yes, those were also borked :p

Hugstable

Banned
I've been playing the Trails in The Sky at 1080p non windowed after the patch came out and I haven't had any crashes so far which seems nice. Do have to reconfigure my controller some more since everything is mapped all wonky o_O

Tellaerin

They are starting a subscription service for their games on Xbox One for 5$ a month or 30$ a year which includes Fifa 14, Madden 25, and Battlefield 4.

They can do whatever they want as long as they continue to offer a "buy" option for people who want things in their libraries permanently. I'm dreading the day when EA (or some other publisher) starts pushing the subscription model as the only option if you want to play new games. -_-

see, totally worth not getting tits

Well, to be fair, you do have to wonder what kind of tits you'd end up with for $16.99. >.>

Aaron D.

now that I'm on the last third of dead space 2 I think it's time for.....

controversial opinion time with realityexists!

Dead Space 1 + 2 are leagues better than what Resident Evil ever thought about being. Even the almighty 4.

From the inventive weapons to the awesome zero g sequences it just makes resident evil completely stale by comparison.

chew on that.

Dude, that's hardly controversial.

General consensus is that DS > RE in the modern era.

Though DS3 was a whiff and RE4 is held on an untouchable pedestal, most fans of the genre feel the DS franchise is the superior survival/action-horror experience.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Poor you, get some sleep.

There's no point now.

They can do whatever they want as long as they continue to offer a "buy" option for people who want things in their libraries permanently. I'm dreading the day when EA (or some other publisher) starts pushing the subscription model as the only option if you want to play new games. -_-

I'm actually wondering how long it'll take EA to extend the option to Origin.

Though DS3 was a whiff and RE4 is held on a untouchable pedestal, most level-headed gamers feel the DS franchise is the superior survival/action-horror experience.

That's a great way to frame an argument.

Aaron D.

That's a great way to frame an argument.

Yeah, I knew that didn't sound right even as I wrote it.

Just couldn't get the right words out.

What I was trying to say is those who don't swing in biased directions of game platform, developer, etc. Those who step back and evaluate the product more broadly, vs. through the lens of their pre-disposed faves.

There's some games which I own but won't show up in SAM and the add game feature is borked.
There was another way of idling but I forgot. Anyone know how?

Jawmuncher

Better than playing with tits

Although I am looking forward to playing it again, hopefully I don't have issues with crashes when I get around to it.

The last of us photo OT made me realize how serious people here will take screen shots. Regardless of that sounds like the patch that just came out fixed a lot of issues in tits. Mainly the resolution which was the biggest one aside from people not having codec packs installed such as myself.

derExperte

You can see the end by only collecting the obvious cubes.

Hugstable

Banned

Though DS3 was a whiff and RE4 is held on an untouchable pedestal, most fans of the genre feel the DS franchise is the superior survival/action-horror experience.

I could never get into DS2 like I did the first game, but I say DS1 is on the same level as RE4. There was something about Dead Space one that made me just want to keep playing in it's really spooky atmosphere. Loved how they encourged multiple playthroughs of the game as well. Both games have their faults also such as RE4 with some of the Ashley Sections and the final boss, and Dead Space having that awful meteor shooting section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom