• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

Argh... I bought a game on Humble just now and wanted the key to gift with modbot. However, my steam account appeared to be linked and the game was automatically added to it. If I unlink my account, will I be getting keys again like I want to?

Duderino, keys don't exist anymore. You have to click the little present icon.

zkylon

zkylewd
Says skin is awesome doesn't want to show it.
Is it a people suit or something?

it's an "arcade" version of pirate girl with guns

arcade2.jpg

when you go back to base a tv pops up and she plays duck hunt!

Dr Dogg

Argh... I bought a game on Humble just now and wanted the key to gift with modbot. However, my steam account appeared to be linked and the game was automatically added to it. If I unlink my account, will I be getting keys again like I want to?

Hahaha did you buy it on the store? If so you have to select it as a gift at checkout or the only option is to redeem it to your linked account. Really weird that it's different to how they do bundles. If so shoot their support a message I did the same and they credited me back shortly after. Well unless you've redeemed it already.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I know that i'm late, but I am all for Trails in The Sky! It looks pretty amazing from what I just saw. :D

Pain and laughter.

I have to know!

Capslock maybe? :p

Nope! I never do caps. I even changed my password to a new one, and it still won't let me. :|

Are you familiar with the phrase "one-sided beatdown"?

I am very familiar. Haha.

Speedrunners competition :)

Streaming a game between me and a few buddies before the competition, will start in a minute:
http://www.twitch.tv/dunderhassan

Oh nice!! Haha. I can't wait to see how this goes down. XP

tmarg

again no groupees tuesday bundle. in fact groupees has been quite bad lately, whats up with that

I think groupees did a lot of business with games trying to get on steam. Now that pretty much anything can get in, they're really dredging the bottom of the barrel.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
On a holiday, replaying Fire Emblem Awakening *sunglass smiley*

God damn it this game is so goooood

What's the best trpgs on steam?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hahaha did you buy it on the store? If so you have to select it as a gift at checkout or the only option is to redeem it to your linked account. Really weird that it's different to how they do bundles. If so shoot their support a message I did the same and they credited me back shortly after. Well unless you've redeemed it already.

But can I use that link for modbot? I don't think they'll give me a key, just a link for someone else to follow.

I didn't select gift because I used the store before and they just gave me a code. I tried it again just now with my steam unlinked and they charged me again xd It's only 1,7 €, won't bother with support.

FloatOn

now that I'm on the last third of dead space 2 I think it's time for.....

controversial opinion time with realityexists!

Dead Space 1 + 2 are leagues better than what Resident Evil ever thought about being. Even the almighty 4.

From the inventive weapons to the awesome zero g sequences it just makes resident evil completely stale by comparison.

chew on that.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-F1A998A3C8011EE4 - Taken by dinopoke. 2 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-ABED5FF3BB95B9B7 - Taken by Manik. 18 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-0DAA7EE3CE03C84B - Taken by Berlok. 12 entrants total.

t1406681237z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I also wonder how the console platforms are getting better when they are introducing pay-for-play online across the board.

It's all the "free games" that Sony so generously gives them. I swear PS+ the biggest marketing coup in gaming in years. Convincing subscribers to think that they're getting free games and making them forget the small detail that they actually pay for that subscription.

I still have several leftovers no one seems to want. Have at them.

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Just Cause -- MB-D4B5B990C9BE6B02 - Taken by cardinalmind
Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-1A668CA391AD85CF - Taken by bluechox2
QuestRun -- MB-0C62CB15671EE6ED - Taken by Catshade
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-C771ED4091EE0236 - Taken by arts&crafts
N.P.P.D. RUSH - The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-D797BCBF2EAF8B0D - Taken by Saty
Jack Lumber -- MB-228A63BEF4FD574F - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Litil Divil -- MB-CA46887C557A51CF - Taken by danhese007
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-CB4BCB6FB5626557 - Taken by Lomax
Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-622E1636835D12D6 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-9112C45682500D33 - Taken by ReduxMachine

Dr Dogg

But can I use that link for modbot? I don't think they'll give me a key, just a link for someone else to follow.

I didn't select gift because I used the store before and they just gave me a code. I tried it again just now with my steam unlinked and they charged me again xd It's only 1,7 €, won't bother with support.

If you select gift it essential gives you the same kind of link that you would get from a bundle where you click on the square icon to create a gift link. So you can put the url into ModBot like any other. Humble have stopped giving keys for pretty much all Steam stuff since they use the Steam API to redeem it directly to your account you have linked with them. After some complaints after the first bundle that implemented this they offered the ability to create a gift link instead of offer up direct keys. Saly there store doesn't give you both options and that applies for your whole cart as well. So if you are buying from the Humble Store and want a combination of games for yourself and gifts for others you have to check out twice. It's a pain in the arse considering they do it fine with bundles. I can't remember when they changed it for the store but it was right around the time they switch their whole redeeming system over.

Edit: For clarity, if you buy something that comes in a bundle you get a item like this in your library now
GYKjD0v.png

The button to the left that has Steam as the lable will redeem that game on Steam, or throw up and error if you have it on your account (it won't use up the key). Where the little box to the right will genertate a link that will point to a page where someone can claim that page as their own and add to Steam themselves.

Now this is what you get if you buy anything from the store but don't select it as gift at checkout
lRjCGJt.png

Essentially the same but you can not gift that to anyone and you can only redeem that key on the account link with your Humble account. If you select gift then it never gets added to your account but gives you the option of emailing the person directly or giving you a url to give to them to claim thier gift.

Phew I think I've confused myself with that!

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (user237, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-AA3FC072EE66B386 - Taken by Nabs. 27 entrants total.

t1406671341z1.png

Mystery RPG

Fox318

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pajama Sam In No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-688ECD4C57D5041E - Taken by Myshkin. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-E2B631F72693A8BE - Taken by Interfectum. 9 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-8A407E6D05C6E9D1 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 15 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-5227ED1E446B651B - Taken by ev0. 37 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 1 The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds -- MB-61796358A78F3A36 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-16A4B9C4BFF8791E - Taken by Pop. 17 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-40B7D5DF51C9B4BA - Taken by Teppic. 9 entrants total.
Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition -- MB-CAEE0A7231DBA51B - Taken by Tesseract. 27 entrants total.
Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal" -- MB-17AE2A710411E470 - Taken by YianGaruga. 6 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-82219FA6041A56B7 - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon -- MB-BE3BA9C20F6B5080 - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 7 entrants total.
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin -- MB-B3B60076D6DA41E0 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 3 entrants total.
Hitman Codename 47 -- MB-70F5CF57E07D9D86 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 3 entrants total.
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-E879F2DC446D51D5 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-0627B8372F0D5952 - Taken by salazar547. 5 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 2 The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-A8B778316BF53919 - Taken by diablogod. 7 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-92FF4A7037A3B7C6 - Taken by Whelan. 8 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-345F30D9C6DDBBC5 - Taken by MSMrRound. 16 entrants total.

Hitman Blood Money -- MB-23517456BEB8D4EC - Taken by SaveFerris. 18 entrants total.

t1406745596z1.png

Question about the Humble Squenix Bundle:

Which of the Hitman games have controller support?

Better yet, which games in the bundle, period, have controller support?

I think GAF already confirmed Mini Ninjas as having it, but doesn't hurt to double-check.

I know I can go on the Steam pages for each game, but those aren't always accurate.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's all the "free games" that Sony so generously gives them. I swear PS+ the biggest marketing coup in gaming in years. Convincing subscribers to think that they're getting free games and making them forget the small detail that they actually pay for that subscription.

I'm a subscriber, but I'm fully aware of the limitations of the offer. I still feel it has been a good deal for me, as I've played lots of good games on my vita for the amount of money a one year subscription cost me

So I don't think it's all black/white

Question about the Humble Squenix Bundle:

Which of the Hitman games have controller support?

Better yet, which games in the bundle, period, have controller support?

I think GAF already confirmed Mini Ninjas as having it, but doesn't hurt to double-check.

I know I can go on the Steam pages for each game, but those aren't always accurate.
I wanna say that only Absolution has controller support. I know Hitman 2 and Blood Money do not.

I'm a subscriber, but I'm fully aware of the limitations of the offer. I still feel it has been a good deal for me, as I've played lots of good games on my vita for the amount of money a one year subscription cost me

So I don't think it's all black/white

It's okay to think that it's good value for money. It's delusional to think that they are free games.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If you select gift it essential gives you the same kind of link that you would get from a bundle where you click on the square icon to create a gift link. So you can put the url into ModBot like any other.

Thanks, I was a bit confused by their new system.

Volimar

Super early impressions on Divinity. I enjoy the humor, if it is a bit dry. Most of the gameplay is fun. I wish the items that enemies drop were a bit more noticeable. I hate having to scroll in and scan the area to find stuff. The voice acting isn't so great, but I don't expect expert VA from a Kickstarter funded game. All in all, I give the game a solid B so far.

To save scum the RNG?

Bad.....bad things can happen when you dig...

Hugstable

Banned
It's okay to think that it's good value for money. It's delusional to think that they are free games.

Yeah they are definitely not free games. Anyone that calls them free doesn't realize that they paid 50$ for those free games, but they still don't truly own them as once they stop paying the yearly fee, the games are no longer playable. I like the value right now since it's allowed me to get a good few Vita games especially the amazing Wipeout. (This months is amazing with Muramasa also, I paid full price for it, but it get it as one of the monthly PS+ games is amazing and all Vita owners should jump on that if you have PS+). It's just gonna suck like 4-5 years down the line if I get tired to paying the 50$ a year and don't want to use my PS4 online much, and once I unsubscribe I end up losing a good amount of games in my library. Then again I'm fine til Dec. 2015 right now on PS+.

And seeing that EA news I hope they never try to bring any subscription service to Steam. The games are cheap enough as it is during the sale in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom