• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Whispering Willows only foil cards? All 3 drops I've had from it are foils.

You really are the fallen one, aren't you?

Yeah I haven't seen him post since earlier this morning and he hasn't been on Steam at all :(.

Yeah, normally he's in here posting a lot -- seemed odd to me that I hadn't seen him -- I think seeing the post about CS:GO reminded me I hadn't seen him hyping game night or anything recently.

Ys 1 is so, so enjoyable. Only 4 hours in, and I'm already in love with it. I hope I can get the soundtrack somewhere, because it's beautiful.

Came in expecting an outdated RPG with shitty combat, ended up finding a great game with an interesting plot and a well done combat system. In fact, I decided to play it today instead of God of War on PS3 (which I'm playing for the first time, not counting that time I tried the beginning at a friend's house many years ago), and I don't regret it at all.

The combat takes some getting used to, but the game is good...

Ventara

Ys 1 is so, so enjoyable. Only 4 hours in, and I'm already in love with it. I hope I can get the soundtrack somewhere, because it's beautiful.

Came in expecting an outdated RPG with shitty combat, ended up finding a great game with an interesting plot and a well done combat system. In fact, I decided to play it today instead of God of War on PS3 (which I'm playing for the first time, not counting that time I tried the beginning at a friend's house many years ago), and I don't regret it at all.

I'm glad you enjoy it! It feels like most of the posts I've seen about it talk about how outdated/retro and simple the combat is, when in actuality it's really a very fun system.

You should still play God of War, though.

Nabs

Came in expecting an outdated RPG with shitty combat, ended up finding a great game with an interesting plot and a well done combat system. In fact, I decided to play it today instead of God of War on PS3 (which I'm playing for the first time, not counting that time I tried the beginning at a friend's house many years ago).

Wow, I'm glad you're liking it! The game is pretty short, so you should be coming up to the final boss soon. I can't wait to hear what you think of Ys II.

I finally got Idle Master to work. I never bothered to set a vanity url for my profile and the config text file wouldn't work with my name or the generic numbers that I had been assigned for my steam profile. Turns out all I had to do was set my steam profile url to match my name and it works. Hope this helps someone else.

Also, Idle Master kicks ass, thanks guys!

you won't be saying that when you fight the final boss

that guy sucks

mcOT1ye.png

Don't think they'll sell though....

download.php

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If cards have a 1% chance to be foil, the probability of getting 3 foils in a row is once in a million.

Which means if a million users earn three cards each today, there's a 67% chance at least one of them gets 3 foils in a row. Now we just need to do napkin math on what percentage of Steam users post on GAF ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Industry Empire looks good in screenshots, wonder how much it is? Probably too much like all these sim games :/

Tizoc

It's a rhythm/idol management game.

Nah, I'm kidding. I think it's this program one of the guys just made to help get card drops from a lot of games at the same time.

Oh sounds tempting, it's by jshackles right? I'll look it up later.

Tried to add idle master as a steam executable but it seems to bork the whole thing XD Works when running it normally though. jshackles you are a gaben amongst mortals

kulapik

I couldn't ask this question since I was banned, but jshackles, what 's the green or red bar on the website that then becomes a point? I'm curious.

Yo, congrats! That's a lot of responsibility, but I'm sure you'll manage. Try your best to squeeze SteamGaf in.

Hey, I have an angry little girl on me fighting sleep like it's a death sentence and I'm still posting with one hand while holding her with the other. You chop both my arms off, I'd probably still find a way to squeeze it in.

Beelzebubs

Seems today has been a day of mixed luck, 3 foils in a row offset by needing a trip to the hospital. But now I have bought Divinity, my week is now good!

Parsnip

If anyone would like to try out my new program (which I'm calling "Idle Master") you can get it here: https://github.com/jshackles/idle_master

I'm going to be AFK for a little while with real life stuff, but I'll try to answer any questions I can. Please keep in mind that this is still in really early stages - it may contain bugs or not work for everyone. If you encounter any issues with it, feel free to PM me and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

You're the boss, boss.

Fuck the 200 card limit.

I want to unload these Tails in the Sky cards. =(

Uh, fill out the form?
It's not rocket science. :)

I thought you just had to fill out a form, then you could continue on your way?

Exactly.

But don't you get taxed or something?

No.
Only if you make more than like $600 in a year from the marketplace -- it's somewhere around that threshold, I think, that businesses are required to report your income to the IRS and then you have to put it on your taxes for the year (which even if you somehow managed to make $600, shouldn't be a real factor in your taxes, one way or another).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom