• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
new indieroyale today (since the current is ending and I dont remember the last time they didnt have one running) and...thats about it? Maybe a new bundlestars, they are random as shit. Maybe its a slow week but it feels like the bundle craze is kinda dying down a bit, and news like the stained devs (among others) not fulfilling key requests probably doesnt help

This is a slow time for bundles? I'm still pretty new to all these bundles, and I've seen quite a few bundles alone just these last few weeks, I didn't know they used to be much more going. Damn I really missed out haha.

tylerf

It's hard to resist the TitS for after i finish Divinity even though I'm trying to save right now. Hype is a hell of a drug.

Ventara

Now let's see if my new FIOS internet really doesn't have a bandwidth cap like they say as I try to download 20-30 games over the next day or two.

If there really is a bandwidth cap, isn't it a bad idea to find out by downloading a bunch (to presumably go over)? Or does FIOS cut off internet when you reach the cap?

you only get card drops from free to play games by in game purchases

Ah, I did not know that. Thanks!

?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is a slow time for bundles? I'm still pretty new to all these bundles, and I've seen quite a few bundles alone just these last few weeks, I didn't know they used to be much more going. Damn I really missed out haha.

this week we had the monday indiegala...and thats it? well there was the 24hour Humongous humble bundle, but usually you would have at least 2 if not 3 indiegala bundles running, a new groupees (groupees last few bundles have been terrible, half of them not even game related), a new bundlestars (they havent had a new one in awhile either), plus there used to be Flying Bundle (are they still around?), Bundle in a Box (those are dead) and whatever random bundle that popped up out of nowhere

im not saying bundles are dying but its deffinately seen better days

Jawmuncher

It was thanks to SteamGAF I figured out a lot about steam and numerous other things such as enhanced steam.
Glad that more people are learning about all of this as well.

Turfster

It's a slow time, probably with the holidays.

plus there used to be Flying Bundle (are they still around?), Bundle in a Box (those are dead) and whatever random bundle that popped up out of nowhere

Flying Bundle are still around, but only have one in like every 2-3 months now.
I agree that it's time for another good Groupees Be Mine tho.

BasilZero

Is it worth getting up to tier 2 bundle from the Squareenix humble bundle just for the hit man series? I notice the collection on steam is missing one game in its bundle and its more expensive even at 75% ;o.

As soon as I launch idle master is says "successfully completed idling process" then closes. Any suggestions?

I was having this problem too. Make sure you filled in the Custom Steam URL in your profile too, just type in your Steam name there, because from what I understand, Idle Master will scrape that URL for your games with cards. If that url is blank or doesn't match your Steam name, Idle Master wont be able to see what games you have.

wVDkfdC.png

Strider

oh wait. Does the "steamid" need to be my steamcommunity profile name or the name I use to login to steam. They are different.

I used my actual steam login name. I bet it should be the community one.

L.O.R.D

Steam Achievement Manager, the program jshackles is trying to make obsolete.

Steam Achievement Manager 6.3 ?
isn't that program that use to unlock Achievements ?
i don't want to use it ,i remember using something similar for xbox 360 just for testing
and unlocked some , and my Achievements got reset to zero

It only affects it while both games are running, mostly.
So you can do both -- what you don't want to do unless (in the times before Idle Master) you were leaving your PC for a long while, is idle multiple games for cards simultaneously. That's what kills the drop rate. Popping a second game on for 2-3 minutes to get a "played for the first time" reward on PF won't really affect anything in my experience.
Thanks frost - again and again. Plaster you a lot with questions...
It was thanks to SteamGAF I figured out a lot about steam and numerous other things such as enhanced steam.
Glad that more people are learning about all of this as well.
Absolutely. Before this thread, I actually thought there's only games to Steam. How wrong I was.

I just saw the blinkbundle trading cards deal. It's 4,99 for 12 games. If at average a game has 4 cards with 8 cent/card, that be 3,84 worth. Why would you buy them for 5 bucks then? Playing I guess. Man, my sentiments changed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So did someone make a idolmaster / steam crossover image for idle master yet?

I want to see one.

dangerous suggestion with how little self control steamgaf has with posting waifu pics after the first one (I wanted to talk about the Yaiba waifu earlier and decided not to for that very reason lol)

Strider

Ok it is working now. Thanks for the help :)

I changed the steamID from the login ID to the actual profile username.
I double checked my profile to make sure I had the custom url setup. I did.
And I made sure each section in the settings was on it's own line.

Not sure which exactly it was or perhaps both, but all is good now.

Tellaerin

You know, what I'm about to suggest may border on the sacrilegious, but I was just thinking...

I know that playing one Steam game while idling another one will cause the drop rate for cards to tank. But for those of us who actually have some non-Steam games we're interested in playing (Desura, Uplague Uplay, Origin, GOG, etc.), it seems to me that playing some of those while Idle Master/SAM/whatever runs in the background might be a good use of our time. >.>

I want to see one.

I think we'd need a cute anime pic of Jason Momoa for that to happen.

Caerith

oh wait. Does the "steamid" need to be my steamcommunity profile name or the name I use to login to steam. They are different.

I used my actual steam login name. I bet it should be the community one.
The community one, that appears in your URL. (It needs the cookie info because if you looked at, say, steamcommunity.com/id/caerith/badges/ and you're not me, you won't see how many card drops I have left.)

I want to see one.

I was about to, but a) I'm not a very good graphic artist and b) anything other than the logo would probably result in this thread being locked in two days.

Rnr1224

I'm having trouble starting the the Idle_Master program. I've put all of the information into the setting file. However, whenever I run the start.exe, a cmd prompt comes up that says it successfully loaded the settings. Don't know where to go from there.

Rhaknar

Crypt of the Necro Dancer is out today (early access tho), exciting!

edit: oops, LA Cops says Q4 2014 release, guess its a bug that its under Crypt of the Necrodancer on the coming soon tab

You know, what I'm about to suggest may border on the sacrilegious, but I was just thinking...

I know that playing one Steam game while idling another one will cause the drop rate for cards to tank. But for those of us who actually have some non-Steam games we're interested in playing (Desura, Uplague Uplay, Origin, GOG, etc.), it seems to me that playing some of those while Idle Master/SAM/whatever runs in the background might be a good use of our time. >.>

I already do this with non-card games. I start the launch for the card game, and then play the actual game im playing (in this case recently Halfway or RE4, and Yaiba earlier) "underneath"

If there really is a bandwidth cap, isn't it a bad idea to find out by downloading a bunch (to presumably go over)? Or does FIOS cut off internet when you reach the cap?

They claim they don't have bandwidth caps at all. My suspicion is once you cross a sufficiently high threshold you get throttled to a very low bandwidth. I'm just curious whether the throttle triggering level is essentially high enough that i'll never touch it, or whether it's something i'll actually have to worry about down the road. Luckily I leave in 2 weeks for a 3-week trip, so if they throttle me for August based on my Great Belated Steam Summer Sale Haul Download-O-Rama, I don't really care as I won't be around anyways.

Jawmuncher

dangerous suggestion with how little self control steamgaf has with posting waifu pics after the first one (I wanted to talk about the Yaiba waifu earlier and decided not to for that very reason lol)

Considering it would actually take work I think it was a safe suggestion. Hopefully one will greet me when I wake up.

If someone does one that's just too good please pm me it

iosefe

Alrighty there, i have a little mystery for you all. and i'll even leave a hint

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game -- MB-72F7D6B5DE3F9786 - Taken by -MD-. 36 entrants total.
it's a game

t1406691257z1.png

Good Luck!

zylche

Neo Member
If anyone would like to try out my new program (which I'm calling "Idle Master") you can get it here: https://github.com/jshackles/idle_master

I'm going to be AFK for a little while with real life stuff, but I'll try to answer any questions I can. Please keep in mind that this is still in really early stages - it may contain bugs or not work for everyone. If you encounter any issues with it, feel free to PM me and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
I presume that it's safe to use, since it's basically the same as idling your games with SAM which people have been doing since the Trading Card Beta.

With that being said, there are no guarantees. :(
It's basically the same as you stole SAM code for this: https://github.com/jshackles/idle_master/issues/1

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I was about to, but a) I'm not a very good graphic artist and b) anything other than the logo would probably result in this thread being locked in two days.

Usually a mod simply deletes offending posts related to sexually inappropriate images and posts referencing them. Additionally, it is possible that Stump will make a post telling everyone to curtail said behavior. A single image or set of images is unlikely to send SteamOT's to community, it's the consistent occurrence of that behavior that will be responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom