• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

I'm not sure if i qualify for the rules but i entered for the Mount My Frands giveaway too. I remember watching youtube videos of this before and it was funny.

eV2Kbtq.gif

Who is this guy anyway? I've got to say, I like the cut of his jib.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The way someone acts or thinks.
Or was it a joke? It flew over me, then. I don't know, I'm too old for this.

or cocaine...I think. I know its slang for some drug

iosefe

thanks

36AeoTF.jpg

so,it just open the game and wait for 15 m to get a card drop
its like i am playing the game,but not actually playing it
and without using too much power from the PC.
can i use it to keep a game running ?

keep a game running?

just use that, let it sit a few hours. it is not recommended to play other games as it would lower your drop rate

thanks

36AeoTF.jpg

so,it just open the game and wait for 15 m to get a card drop
its like i am playing the game,but not actually playing it
and without using too much power from the PC.
can i use it to keep a game running ?

It will keep running a game until the card drops are used up. Then it will switch to the next in the list it made when you ran it.

Fox318

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pajama Sam In No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-688ECD4C57D5041E - Taken by Myshkin. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-E2B631F72693A8BE - Taken by Interfectum. 9 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-8A407E6D05C6E9D1 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 15 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-5227ED1E446B651B - Taken by ev0. 37 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 1 The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds -- MB-61796358A78F3A36 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-16A4B9C4BFF8791E - Taken by Pop. 17 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-40B7D5DF51C9B4BA - Taken by Teppic. 9 entrants total.
Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition -- MB-CAEE0A7231DBA51B - Taken by Tesseract. 27 entrants total.
Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal" -- MB-17AE2A710411E470 - Taken by YianGaruga. 6 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-82219FA6041A56B7 - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon -- MB-BE3BA9C20F6B5080 - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 7 entrants total.
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin -- MB-B3B60076D6DA41E0 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 3 entrants total.
Hitman Codename 47 -- MB-70F5CF57E07D9D86 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 3 entrants total.
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-E879F2DC446D51D5 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-0627B8372F0D5952 - Taken by salazar547. 5 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 2 The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-A8B778316BF53919 - Taken by diablogod. 7 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-92FF4A7037A3B7C6 - Taken by Whelan. 8 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-345F30D9C6DDBBC5 - Taken by MSMrRound. 16 entrants total.

Hitman Blood Money -- MB-23517456BEB8D4EC - Taken by SaveFerris. 18 entrants total.

t1406745596z1.png

Ventara

I now know why I keep seeing people changing the games they are playing so often. I thought you guys were just being fickle or something.

Ah, I remember that scene now, lol. Classic Simpsons. Good times.

What is Idle Master? sorry the ignorance.

A program jshakles made to get card drops from games easier. Basically, just enter some info, run it, and it'll go through the games 1 by 1 until it has gotten all card drops.

You can download it here, btw.

Did yours match whatever url you get when you go to the store page?
Store pages are http://store.steampowered.com/app/appid/
If that doesn't work, check steamdb.info 's appids for other regions.
Yeah, corrosivefrost helped me out immensely. Turns out when you are logged in the steam app on your phone, Steam fails to update your status to in-game blabla. Also, the error message is because the game doesn't have achievements. Who'd knew? Frost did.
But I did search before that for the appid on the steam page and added it in SAM, like you suggested. Thanks for your quick answer!
Idle Master tells Steam you're playing a game.
SAM tells Steam you're playing a game.
Steam sees you're playing two games and either doesn't give you cards or gives you cards at a very reduced rate. Same as if you loaded up two games directly.
Mhm. Now, I'd like to use Idle Master for card drops and SAM for playfire.
Maybe it's getting too much into detail but how would Steam change drop values when I keep idling for long time with one game (Idle Master for cards) and only shortly idle another one (SAM for playfire)? Would the elongated drop time from parallel gaming be lifted once I'd close SAM or would it be kept for the length of the session?
I'm amazed that the various Russian store Neogaf steam traders haven't started trying to undercut or badmouth each other yet.
Such a friendly community we have.
You say friendly community, I say they are part of the long-rumored russian steam mob. Who's the big head of them though?
Look at how they forced Dunder out of business. He refused paying protection money and now he's been forced closing shop, spending his days beating people in Speedrunners :p
I got married, had a baby and moved to the US. I wasn't hiding, just buried under the obligations of husbandry and fatherhood. Still am tbh:
Nice! Any games planned to play with your young one once she's grown a bit?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new indieroyale today (since the current is ending and I dont remember the last time they didnt have one running) and...thats about it? Maybe a new bundlestars, they are random as shit. Maybe its a slow week but it feels like the bundle craze is kinda dying down a bit, and news like the stained devs (among others) not fulfilling key requests probably doesnt help

Lain

I was hoping blink bundle would ass the other FATE game to the bundle, but Whispering Willows is good as well, since I wanted it. Maybe it was added to a bundle a bit too soon though.

new indieroyale today (since the current is ending and I dont remember the last time they didnt have one running) and...thats about it? Maybe a new bundlestars, they are random as shit. Maybe its a slow week but it feels like the bundle craze is kinda dying down a bit, and news like the stained devs (among others) not fulfilling key requests probably doesnt help

Was a wild ride while it lasted, though. :)

...and it gave most of us enough games that it'll take years to clear out our backlogs...and that's if we all never buy another bundle ever again (Ha!)

Rhaknar

I was hoping blink bundle would ass the other FATE game to the bundle, but Whispering Willows is good as well, since I wanted it. Maybe it was added to a bundle a bit too soon though.

well technically WW is a much better get since its so new and expensive (man that game must have bombed HARD), but I agree, and its not the first time. Bundles keep throwing games from series and then not putting the sequel (or many times, the original, like with joe danger 1 o_O), which if you think about it, is probably intended, like here's a taste, now hopefully youll buy the other one... except 99% of us wont :p

Pupo

A program jshakles made to get card drops from games easier. Basically, just enter some info, run it, and it'll go through the games 1 by 1 until it has gotten all card drops.

You can download it here, btw.

Rly? that's awesome, thanks for the info and link.
And thanks jshackles.

So to celebrate my 100% record in 100% OJ here is another giveaway :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for PrematureQuiche:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PrematureQuiche, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Verdun -- MB-63868D8EB7CA3F4B - Taken by Kuroyume. 8 entrants total.
100% Orange Juice #2 -- MB-763029D30966B8C9 - Taken by Genki. 7 entrants total.
100% Orange Juice -- MB-5D75EDE4C4EFCEBA - Taken by diablogod. 9 entrants total.

t1406689277z1.png

good luck!

Ventara

Wow, thanks for mentioning this. Completely forgot about Blink still needing to add one more game when I bought it.

Edit: Also checked my previous Blink bundle, and found another game. Nice.

Rhaknar and I were hoping the same thing.
I thought the same about Whispering Willows being too soon, but I'm not complaining... it made grabbing that bundle for a few games I didn't have with the hope of the other FATE game being a bonus actually pay off anyway. :)

what will happen if i ran out of card drops ?

The program will exit.
When you buy more games with drops, you start it again.
Mhm. Now, I'd like to use Idle Master for card drops and SAM for playfire.
Maybe it's getting too much into detail but how would Steam change drop values when I keep idling for long time with one game (Idle Master for cards) and only shortly idle another one (SAM for playfire)? Would the elongated drop time from parallel gaming be lifted once I'd close SAM or would it be kept for the length of the session?

It only affects it while both games are running, mostly.
So you can do both -- what you don't want to do unless (in the times before Idle Master) you were leaving your PC for a long while, is idle multiple games for cards simultaneously. That's what kills the drop rate. Popping a second game on for 2-3 minutes to get a "played for the first time" reward on PF won't really affect anything in my experience.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I come back from work and see that I won TITS! Who can argue with free TITS?!

Thanks Speevy!
oops, it was requested not to do that... Tomorrow is my day off so I can dive into this.

Woo-hoo, after spending 2 months accidentally stuck in my storage unit, my desktop should finally be available to me again tomorrow as the movers deliver my stuff to my new house!

It's been fun, MacBook Air, but it's time to go back to the big leagues. And play all those Win-only games I picked up the summer sale.

Now let's see if my new FIOS internet really doesn't have a bandwidth cap like they say as I try to download 20-30 games over the next day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom