• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
It's just some fanart based on this rpg maker game called Fleshchild. I have not played it, so can't recommend it. It does seems like it would be good since most of the decent rpg maker games are horror ones.

I asked a question about Teslagrad and Mokoi talked about a horror game.

Are we not in Kansas anymore, Toto?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man singularity was so good.
Would have loved to play another shooter in that sort of world from Raven. Shane Acti just bottles their talent to COD or other projects they're working on.

Where did the prototype team move to after 2 didn't sell as well for them?

Radical? arent they dead?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Radical? arent they dead?

Radical is still around; the studio is just far smaller that it used to be and essentially exists solely to support development on Acti's other titles as opposed to creating its own games.

For $14.99 you can hire a better voice actor then any of the ingame ones :)

It goes for 75% off during Amazon's larger sales, although who knows when we'll see another of those. Amazon's listing is also the only way to get the Steam version.

Double

Good morning!

What did I miss over the night?
Could someone please name that mario 64-esque game comint AH THE HAT LADY =)

Tellaerin

Man singularity was so good.
Would have loved to play another shooter in that sort of world from Raven. Shane Acti just bottles their talent to COD or other projects they're working on.

Yeah, that game was awesome. I'd love a sequel, but I know we'll probably never get one. : /

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just looked it up.
Wikipedia is saying they're working with another studio on a "incredible" project. Not much else is listed and who knows if that's still happening.

EDIT: I think its old not updated info though.

sooooooooooo....Advanced Warfare, gotcha :/

Mokoi

Banned
I asked a question about Teslagrad and Mokoi talked about a horror game.

Are we not in Kansas anymore, Toto?

lol I got confused since I've had to explain it before, and already have a pre written response wired. Yeah there is a story to Teslagrad although you got to pay attention to the visuals/theater rooms because it is a wordless narrative.

Rhaknar

I really should play Last Light before redux comes out or that purchase will have been actually useless

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I really wonder which games they sell sell better.

The serious VNs like DaCapo and co or those that just revolve around the hentaithemes.

Well they've been doing better since they've teamed up with Jast on some stuff and having some of their stuff retranslated. Usually stuff that have anime series sell the best since it brings in the casual crowd for VNs and I know Shuffle was a big hit for them.

Rhaknar

Sitting in the same boat . Haven't played 2033 either.

I finished 2033 on 360 so I dont feel too bad about that one (although I own it on steam also of course). Its really good, and I bet Last Light is too

wouldn't it be better off playing the best version

sure but like I said, that would make my purchase of Last Light completely useless

Tellaerin

A sequel without phase ticks is a sequel I could get behind.

Ugh, those things were brutal. I remember that one room where they pour through the doors and swarm you. I finally got through it by frantically throwing slow-time bubbles at my feet and shotgunning the ticks as they ran up to the edge. That was probably the toughest stretch of the game for me.

maneil99

I finished 2033 on 360 so I dont feel too bad about that one (although I own it on steam also of course). Its really good, and I bet Last Light is too

sure but like I said, that would make my purchase of Last Light completely useless

Well it gets you a discount on the Redux :)

Deitus

I really should play Last Light before redux comes out or that purchase will have been actually useless

Well, if you actually plan on getting Redux when it comes out, you get a 50% discount on the preorder for having Last Light in your inventory, so its not exactly useless.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ugh, those things were brutal. I remember that one room where they pour through the doors and swarm you. I finally got through it by frantically throwing slow-time bubbles at my feet and shotgunning the ticks as they ran up to the edge. That was probably the toughest stretch of the game for me.

I remember that well.

Rhaknar

Well, if you actually plan on getting Redux when it comes out, you get a 50% discount on the preorder for having Last Light in your inventory, so its not exactly useless.
Well it gets you a discount on the Redux :)

when I get redux it will be the bundle with both, from Putin, so my discount wont apply

Phew, you're there.
Had a dream today that JaseC got permed, folks. :(
perming-hair-2013-34.jpg

?

It'll still be a +1, and in the end, isn't that what really matters?

im not there yet

Deitus

when I get redux it will be the bundle with both, from Putin, so my discount wont apply

Ah yeah, it's not going to apply if you buy it on the grey market.

Though I was impressed that the price of the Redux bundle does scale based on which of the games you own (25% off for one and 50% off for both).

Lain

I mean I choosed the game because I wanted to get it on Steam then. IIRC it was still the time every game had "If this game gets greenlit, you get a Steamkey."

Then somehow the publisher said something like "You wont get one, because we are using a newly translated version."
Of course a backlash happened and everyone should get one again IIRC...

I went to look for the bundle page, actually Higurashi didn't have the "vote for greenlight" link at all:
http://groupees.com/doujin2
So I really don't think we'll get keys but hey, anything is possible.

Rhaknar

OT but I just saw this thread and I was wondering, is there like, a list of SteamGAF twitter accounts? :p

feel free to guess mine >_>

I rarely tweet anyway, except to bitch at GMG (like yesterday, when they tweeted "Skyrim Legendary Edition 75% off bla bla" and I was like "yo, the normal is 75% off, the legendary is NOT sir"

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-89A45137EC39F991 - Taken by Yrael. 9 entrants total.
How high can you take me this Millennium?

t1405925191z1.png

me0wish

Hey steam gaf, I guess I can post now? been enjoying reading your posts for years guys, hope I can become a positive contributor to this awesome community.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom