• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-E905633EDD40028F - Taken by Ozium. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Mark of the Ninja was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406729898z1.png

just a short note - this key MIGHT already be used ... I'm not entirely sure, so please - don't hate me if it is ... but, if it works - enjoy :)
there might also be pre-order DLC included with it - not sure about that either
Wow, beautiful art direction. But I don't understand this image.
Does it zoom in when you finish your turn to show actions taking place or can you zoom in micromanage turns?
Great and expensive giveaway lashman! You are the best!

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Quest Run (Steam) -- MB-39C7A29AFF77991B - Taken by darkchewie

Thanks anon! Same as Saty, unfortunately the IG link provided for Quest Run isn't working (wasn't the full address, shortened in the middle with elipses and pasted that way.)

Double

Beta is a good start, but you're really going to want this.

https://code.google.com/p/depressurizer/

I didn't start organizing my games until I had 300+, and that made things so much easier.
Seems neat, gonna try it out thanks.

Now to a quick round of Spelunky. After the key bouncers delayed success, it's now all served for actually trying to make a good run.

Those numbers are 5 years old....could be quite a bit difference

We don't play games here, so that could explain it.
Because all our games are censored!

AoM 3 really looks fantastic, thanks for the chance lashman!

Kifimbo

Old one:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

And Yet It Moves -- MB-0FB7DBD69CD6835C - Taken by Mengy

Tenrius

Could somebody teach me the ways of Idle Master? I saw posts about it yesterday, but was too tired to scan entire pages to find a link or instructions. And now it seems to have been swept away.

Kiru

Could somebody teach me the ways of Idle Master? I saw posts about it yesterday, but was too tired to scan entire pages to find a link or instructions. And now it seems to have been swept away.
Wait till jshackles uploads a fixed version.

Lain

Steam needs a way for me to create categories beforehand, select the games and click on categories to be added to those games in a quick and painless effort from within the client.
Otherwise I don't think I'll ever try to re-add categories for my games, too much of a hassle.
Though on the other hand, with no icons next to games browsing the library is so quick that I don't even feel the need for categories.

Turfster

What exactly is broken in the current one? Had it running all night, and it did its job just fine

He basically uploaded the wrong version that still included some SAM code.
It's not broken per se (altho there are a few smalll niggles for people with slower systems).

Kiru

What exactly is broken in the current one? Had it running all night, and it did its job just fine
The issue with idle master seems to be a process blocking issue. The program is sending the "kill code" then waiting 15 seconds to start the next game. It seems that some peoples computers are taking longer than 15 seconds to kill the process so the program is killing both then getting stuck in a loop where it thinks its idling but isn't.

I'll get this issue fixed proper when I get home.

One hour of sleep last night, sorry for any typos.

Also it had some SAM code in it. He uploaded the wrong build.

Salsa

would it be too crazy to ask any of you to call nintendo customer service for me

I still can't redeem my Platinum status gift since day 1, and im not in the US

not sure what else I could at this point

steam!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It seems like you want a product Bohemia is neither motivated or ever promised to deliver.

They "promised" me a "zombie survival game in Arma 2's engine."

Instead, I got "Arma 2: Deathmatch with schizophrenic AI zombies that'll clip through buildings and stairs to attack you to death while the playerbase will attack you on sight."

So yes, Bohemia promised me something ("Zombie Survival") that they still, three years later, have failed to capitalize on.

I really wish I could get my $30 I paid to support Rocket in the standalone back, because it seems the mod alone (for $6 in a bundle or $10-12 in Steam sales) is all you need to see what DayZ does since Rocket is too busy adding pissing/shitting/other pointless stuff instead of fixing the "hook" he used to get people to play DayZ before that turned into a deathmatch with nuances mod.

BasilZero

I can't get into Tales games anymore. Finished Abyss back in the day and kind of liked it but I still have copies of Versperia and Xillia and just.. nope. Can't do it.

I'd rather have this
JzwIv0f.jpg

And a PC version of that game exists so they'd just have to work on getting it running on modern systems.

I bet even if BoF V was released as a PC game today it would be recieved quite well. I't a great game, people just expected something else.

I loved BoF V!

I forgot that BoF IV had a PC version - why u no release this capcom ;(

Spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Circuits -- MB-7D56FE16FDD49232 - Taken by chronomac
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-F7C3BBE1D71657C8 - Taken by kudoboi
Not The Robots -- MB-5FC032CC10C126F1 - Taken by bronson

AkuMifune

Banned
Wakeup with a hangover and all my Steam money gone. Wasted a night chasing a Deadly Premonition foil that never materialized.

Community market becoming my Las Vegas gambling addiction. Gabe holding my wife hostage until I come up with the money I owe him.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I forgot that BoF IV had a PC version - why u no release this capcom ;(

Probably for the same reason they don't for Biohazard 1-3 PC: Because it ran on Win9x and they can't be assed to "Good Ol' Game" treatment it to modern systems.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
repost

just a short note - this key MIGHT already be used ... I'm not entirely sure, so please - don't hate me if it is ... but, if it works - enjoy :)

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Age of Wonders 3 -- MB-CBFFB26572680B56 - Taken by Catshade. 59 entrants total.

t1406739559z1.png

Wakeup with a hangover and all my Steam money gone. Wasted a night chasing a Deadly Premonition foil that never materialized.

Community market becoming my Las Vegas gambling addiction. Gabe holding my wife hostage until I come up with the money I owe him.

The whole trading system is full gambling.

Reminds me of

nckqqin.gif

I will never unsee.
Shadownet is now Nic Cage.

repost

My man...

Would anybody be willing/interested in trading Ikaruga for TiTs? Figured I would try lol..

btw steam gift.

A wild RAGE has appeared...

Grief.exe

They "promised" me a "zombie survival game in Arma 2's engine."

Instead, I got "Arma 2: Deathmatch with schizophrenic AI zombies that'll clip through buildings and stairs to attack you to death while the playerbase will attack you on sight."

So yes, Bohemia promised me something ("Zombie Survival") that they still, three years later, have failed to capitalize on.

I really wish I could get my $30 I paid to support Rocket in the standalone back, because it seems the mod alone (for $6 in a bundle or $10-12 in Steam sales) is all you need to see what DayZ does since Rocket is too busy adding pissing/shitting/other pointless stuff instead of fixing the "hook" he used to get people to play DayZ before that turned into a deathmatch with nuances mod.

I can understand being frustrated with the pace of development or the decisions that have been made, but this strikes me almost like you forget to read the rest of a sentence.

DayZ was never sold as a single-player zombie survival game. I was essentially there day one with the mod and it was always billed as a zombie survival game...with a massive multiplayer component.

I've played through the first half hour of "The Fall", it seems really really cool. If you liked The Swapper for it's atmosphere and storytelling, I think you'll really like this. It is a lot more of an adventure game than a puzzle game so far, which I'm totally fine with. It also seems to have a bit more horror going on, compared to The Swapper. I think it's a really good deal for $5.

Soule

I can't get into Tales games anymore. Finished Abyss back in the day and kind of liked it but I still have copies of Versperia and Xillia and just.. nope. Can't do it.

I'd rather have this
JzwIv0f.jpg

And a PC version of that game exists so they'd just have to work on getting it running on modern systems.

I bet even if BoF V was released as a PC game today it would be recieved quite well. I't a great game, people just expected something else.

Had no idea it had a PC version, never played but there's a multitude of old RPGs I would definitely pay just to have on PC, probably headlined by Chrono Trigger. That with cards and achievements I'd go apeshit over. Would even finish a foily for CT unghhhh

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Thief Gold -- MB-C499998672346231 - Taken by Yrael
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-4097DEEE2176AB2E - Taken by wetflame

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (YianGaruga, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ring Runner -- MB-7E5A7D50C3A37BD2 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
LOVE -- MB-CD510E5A726973A1 - Taken by Vazduh. 3 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-393FFC9DC1ADD509
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-8CBF9120C411BDC2 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Go Home Dinosaurs -- MB-F9EF82FCED5400A2 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Retro Grade -- MB-3BA851FC40328BE1 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Not The Robots -- MB-B58F4952B38CD9C5 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-C9B14566EDADD019 - Taken by swx. 1 entrants total.
Two games left, take them before they land in the garbage dump

Steam needs a way for me to create categories beforehand, select the games and click on categories to be added to those games in a quick and painless effort from within the client.

I would like to be able to tag games at the very least by genre, this feature would come quite handy when browsing one's own game library; let's say I don't know what to play next and want to see how many RPG or FPS I own that I haven't played already, this way doing a query would be much easier than reading through the whole list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom