• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Not steam related, but speaking of Tom...

Hi Tom!

I know what game I'm playing in the near future now...
I assume you got it for $10ish before it was removed? Doubt it'd get Playfire rewards but I'll aim to replay it in 60 FPS goodness in the near future too.

Yes. It's how I bought AssCreed as I didn't want to pay full price.

For that matter, how many keys is Elephant Rider Simulator (FC4) going for?

I assume you got it for $10ish before it was removed? Doubt it'd get Playfire rewards but I'll aim to replay it in 60 FPS goodness in the near future too.

Yeah, I bought it during one of the sales... couldn't resist a deadpool action game for <$15. :3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's region-locked up the wazoo. Best you can do is pay someone $60 in keys and have them buy you the game. At current prices you're looking at 28 keys (rounded up slightly), which at $1.90 per key leads to a total of $53.20.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, I bought it during one of the sales... couldn't resist a deadpool action game for <$15. :3

It nails the theme perfectly. I like the fact High Moon took a tongue in cheek turn with the game and not go all uber serious. Controls and mechanics aren't up to much but they're fun and the dialogue is spot on...

I love its simple combat/gameplay, but DP's dialog wins this game for me.

Until the quips start repeating and then it started to get on my wick a little. Still need to finish this off.

Oh is this out already?

Came out yesterday (well Early Access). Was the top seller at one point and still is just having a look now. (Crypt of the NecroDancer for anyone wondering.)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Until the quips start repeating and then it started to get on my wick a little. Still need to finish this off.

yeah, me too ... still have it installed

the gameplay is extremely repetitive, but the humour makes up for it ... tenfold ;)

Tizoc

It's region-locked up the wazoo. Best you can do is pay someone $60 in keys and have them buy you the game. At current prices you're looking at 28 keys (rounded up slightly), which at $1.90 per key leads to a total of $53.20.

Winter Seal 2015 it is then.

Shadownet

Banned
If you claim this, PM me and i'll add you on steam and send it to you as a gift. It won't let me do it the normal way. It's only a guest pass. not the full game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Killing Floor: Guest Pass -- MB-79044A7D3F408CF1 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.

Seanspeed

Banned
Might as well shit on it for being "indie" while you're at it. :p
:/

Wasn't shitting on it. I have no problem with Early Access. This is just a game where I'd rather play the completed product.

EDIT: Or are you just talking about how 'indie game' is almost synonymous with Early Access nowadays?

Speaking of which, how is The Forest coming along?

I'm pretty sure you were the hook that got sloppy seconds. :3

It is pretty cool. Go watch my webms.
And yes, damn the hooks, nemesis deer.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3lb3433yeyneei7/Crypt+Of+The+NecroDancer+part+1.webm

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/skdhsw8momcpedx/Crypt_Of_The_NecroDancer_part_2.webm

Thanks for the webms. The deer will be back. :)

lol frost you can't embed webms from mediafire. Those webms are huge though, too big for pomf.se (50mb limit)

Was wondering why they weren't loading, haha

lol frost you can't embed webms from mediafire. Those webms are huge though, too big for pomf.se (50mb limit)

Hey, I didn't *try* to embed them. :p
That's your webm extension, boss. I posted the link to the page that lets you download... :p

And yeah, too big for pomf.se, which is why I've been dumping longer clips to my mediafire since I don't really have another option at the moment. I'm open to suggestions though.

Caerith

Changes in 0.2 of Idle Master:

• A more robust idling detector that can account for Steam being down (thanks Caerith)
  • Idle Master now uses your Steam profile URL in the settings rather than your Steam name
  • Apps are listed in the log by their store name instead of their App ID
  • Better error handling for users who haven't configured settings.txt
  • The program will now tell you how many games you need to idle on startup
  • The steam-idle kill process now properly blocks execution
  • This version has the correct steam-idle application which doesn't contain SAM code
  • Source code (.cs) files are provided for steam-idle
Glad I could help :)

Probably so. In the mean time, you should be able to manually close the steam-idle.exe application and then click on the main application and press "ctrl+c" (at the same time) which should cause the program to skip to the next game.
I was wondering about this:

Line 126:
Code:
numCycles=50
Line 135+:
Code:
numCycles-=1
if numCycles<1: # Sanity check against infinite loop
    stillHaveDrops=0
The sanity check happens every 15 minutes, which means that it would only end the loop after 12.5 hours. Maybe set numCycles to something lower, like 10 (2.5 hours)? Or to 4 (1 hour) with a check to reset it after every successful card drop?

I still have to replay FC3 on PC. Kinda worried performance will be a showstopper. Mad fun game, even if Far Cry 2 had a more rooted and dense atmosphere. FC3 does a lot of other things better though. Story's definitely not the high-point though. Story Spoiler
that rape though
That series of missions was ultimately undermined by its ending, where you are
teleported to a disco to have a dreamworld knife fight against the NPC

Do the client need to be activated or do I just have to be logged in chrome for Idlemaster to work?

Nothing seems to happen...

Did a separate window pop up with the Space Hulk banner?

_hekk05

Banned
Hey, I didn't *try* to embed them. :p
That's your webm extension, boss. I posted the link to the page that lets you download... :p

And yeah, too big for pomf.se, which is why I've been dumping longer clips to my mediafire since I don't really have another option at the moment. I'm open to suggestions though.

Probably should record at lower resolution and remove sound to save on space. I assume you want to keep that 60fps goodness

JustLynx

I hope you guys are ready to get idling!

https://github.com/jshackles/idle_master

This is great! thank you :D

6js5pEm.png

I think I'll wait until I'll reach a higher level though, I want better chances for foils :p

I was wondering about this:

Line 126:
Code:
numCycles=50
Line 135+:
Code:
numCycles-=1
if numCycles<1: # Sanity check against infinite loop
    stillHaveDrops=0
The sanity check happens every 15 minutes, which means that it would only end the loop after 12.5 hours. Maybe set numCycles to something lower, like 10 (2.5 hours)? Or to 4 (1 hour) with a check to reset it after every successful card drop?

If I'm guessing right here, basically, it's going through 50 cycles at 15 minutes a pop, right? Jshackles told me that it changes sleep timings as the number of drops decreases... so if that's the case, the only time the 50 will actually get to that infinite loop catcher would be in games that have extremely slow drop rates, like Blade Symphony or Awesomenauts, right?

So isn't it better to set the numCycles like Jshackles did -- to catch the ceiling cases -- because in other instances, the game should never idle for 12.5 hours as cards will be dropping until it hits 0, no?

I think erring on the side of "idle the game until the drops are gone" is a better algorithm right now; at least until he gets that "update queue every x minutes or every game switch". Once that's there, you could downsize the initialization of numCycles as you suggest to a lower number because even if there ARE drops remaining the game will get picked back up when the queue is refreshed.

Probably should record at lower resolution and remove sound to save on space. I assume you want to keep that 60fps goodness

When I was only using pomf.se, I was cutting clips @ 3m to make it just under 50mb. But then pomf.se started setting off people's virus software, so between that and being lazy, I just started putting stuff up on my mediafire account; especially since pomf.se had cleared out a bunch of my clips I would reference a lot, like that KiD gameplay, or the MGR:R bladewolf fight.

_hekk05

Banned
When I was only using pomf.se, I was cutting clips @ 3m to make it just under 50mb. But then pomf.se started setting off people's virus software, so between that and being lazy, I just started putting stuff up on my mediafire account; especially since pomf.se had cleared out a bunch of my clips I would reference a lot, like that KiD gameplay, or the MGR:R bladewolf fight.

Oh the avast thing? I think its fixed now, or at least I posted a solution to it. You should probably still encode your stuff at lower resolution and stuff though, since 90mb isn't anything to scoff at (for US peeps with trash internet and caps)

Decision to wait redeemed.

Being poor has its perks ~~&#26086;_(&#65381;o&#65381;;)

JordanKZ

I'm probably LTTP here, but fuck paying £50 for FC4 or AC:U. If Ubisoft are going to continue to literally force us to use uPlay, then at least make it a sane price.

I haven't bought Watchdogs yet for the same reasons (and its questionable quality).

Arthea

Until it's broken in 2 days when I get it.

not really, it's only falcom logo and opening movie that are broken, other than that the game is fine, at least I had no other problems. Also playing with kb/m seems the best thing to do.

I'm probably LTTP here, but fuck paying £50 for FC4 or AC:U. If Ubisoft are going to continue to literally force us to use uPlay, then at least make it a sane price.

I haven't bought Watchdogs yet for the same reasons (and its questionable quality).

let's call it Eurocampaign of not giving Ubi and Acti and EA our money for overpriced games. They can learn about currency conversion rates with time too, probably, although unlikely.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crypt of the NecroDancer -- MB-6BE772A259739C83 - Taken by Teppic. 46 entrants total.

t1406796800z1.png

JordanKZ

let's call it Eurocampaign of not giving Ubi and Acti and EA our money for overpriced games. They can learn about currency conversion rates with time too, probably, although unlikely.

Considering how high they are on the pre-order charts, that's unlikely.

Beelzebubs

Okay so I got randomly taken out of stealth stealing in Divinity, got a half party wipe, can res 2 characters, as soon as I res my starting guy it goes straight back into combat. I've tried various ways for the last 30 mins to revive him but can't seem to do it without him instantly dying again.

Shadownet

Banned

Until it's broken in 2 days when I get it.

Beside the opening I haven't notice any bug at all. though I did find a typo early. lol "intense" not "intent". I like what Im seeing so far, the art style is really old school, reminds me off a bit of Tales games. I like it.

CS:GO is hard. Thanks for sajajajajajajajjajjaiii for the tips while he leered over our matches.

Hey, hey listen.

Listen! hey! Listen. -_-

I'm kidding, Sajjaja was a big help. I learned a lot.

Caerith

If I'm guessing right here, basically, it's going through 50 cycles at 15 minutes a pop, right? Jshackles told me that it changes sleep timings as the number of drops decreases... so if that's the case, the only time the 50 will actually get to that infinite loop catcher would be in games that have extremely slow drop rates, like Blade Symphony or Awesomenauts, right?

So isn't it better to set the numCycles like Jshackles did -- to catch the ceiling cases -- because in other instances, the game should never idle for 12.5 hours as cards will be dropping until it hits 0, no?

I think erring on the side of "idle the game until the drops are gone" is a better algorithm right now; at least until he gets that "update queue every x minutes or every game switch". Once that's there, you could downsize the initialization of numCycles as you suggest to a lower number because even if there ARE drops remaining the game will get picked back up when the queue is refreshed.

The sleep timing is defined by the dropDelay function, which returns 15 minutes normally or 5 minutes when there's only one drop remaining, but yeah, the infinite loop catcher is pretty much just going to be triggered in games like Blade Symphony.

And while I agree there's merit in setting it to catch the ceiling cases, I think most users would rather get more cards sooner and let the ceiling cases be sorted out later.

A compromise would be to set a variable to the current number of drops remaining, then compare to it periodically to see if any cards are dropping. If a game goes too long without any cards dropping, then move to the next. So:

Line 126+:
Code:
numCycles=6
dropFlag = v  # Initial number of card drops
maxFail=2
Line 147+:
Code:
dropCountInt, junk = badgeLeftString.split(" ",1)
dropCountInt = int(dropCountInt)
delay = dropDelay(dropCountInt)
print getAppName(k) + " has "+str(dropCountInt)+" card drops remaining"
if dropCountInt < dropFlag:
    numCycles = 6
    dropFlag = dropCountInt
This way if the loop goes for six cycles (90 minutes) without any drops, it will break, but whenever it gets a drop it'll reset numCycles back to 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom