• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, uh, I hope Germany-GAF didn't buy the ROW version of Dead Rising 3...
Yeah, I don't see Ubi changing how the subs are set up.
I have a feeling the game's MP component will be tied into the overall completion percentage (like Watch Dogs), which will suck, but I'll make the most of what I can do. Not getting 100% in an AssCreed game is going to feel weird, though. ;)
Zeliard can only set his own tag, so I laugh at him. Ha-ha-ha! (Of course he could request a change, so I probably shouldn't tempt fate. ;))
What a suckage. Germany constantly being anal-retentive about censorship and one of my most anticipated games having heavy restrictions. What huge suckage I say.

Mind explaining what's changed with Dead Rising 3 Jase?

That tag looks like it bans the game entirely for that country -- knowing Germany, it has to do with their censorship laws regarding violence. It's like the Australia censorship stuff but even stricter, I think.

This is why you will occasionally see a PS+ EU update that has substitution games for Germany (because the games chosen aren't available there).

sprinkles

So, uh, I hope Germany-GAF didn't buy the ROW version of Dead Rising 3...
No comment... ah well it is possible to get Wolfenstein to run (without achievements sadly), so I will get to play Dead Rising as well in some way or another. Still sucky to change subs this late into the preorder period.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Germany is fine with violence these days (e.g. Gears 3 went through unscathed and it's rather gory owing to the chainsaw-gun... thing), it's just the Nazi stuff that's still a big no-no (although as I understand it, this wouldn't be the case if games were classified as art). What's harming Germany at the moment is publishers having a dated notion of what will pass through the USK unabated and them wanting to avoid resubmission costs -- The Last of Us is a prime example of this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No comment... ah well it is possible to get Wolfenstein to run (without achievements sadly), so I will get to play Dead Rising as well in some way or another. Still sucky to change subs this late into the preorder period.

was the game actually up for pre order in germany?

edit: holy shit comedy central region locked the daily show episodes on the website, well fuck you then comedy central :/

JaseC

Mind explaining what's changed with Dead Rising 3 Jase?

German IPs are prevented from running the game. German users who've bought the ROW version will see an error message like this:

steam_error_sucks.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Of course not, but gifting was still possible.

I know that, but I was wondering if the game was for sale and they pulled that, which would be borderline illegal (well I guess they would just issue refunds)

JaseC

Can play it with a VPN though?

There are a few ways you can get around it:

1) Use a VPN to play
2) Use a VPN to sign into your Steam account and then switch to Offline Mode, at which point you can ditch the VPN
3) Use the app id trick to make Steam think you're playing something else (although this will break Steamworks features)

There are a few ways you can get around it:

1) Use a VPN to play
2) Use a VPN to sign into your Steam account and then switch to Offline Mode, at which point you can ditch the VPN
3) Use the app id trick to make Steam think you're playing something else (although this will break Steamworks features)

Alright. Doesnt really matter since I will be back in China when DR3 releases, but good that there are ways to play it.
Thanks.

JaseC

VPNs are historically a risky thing to use with Steam, I believe.

Only when it comes to purchases, namely using a VPN to aid in buying a game from the store of a different region or activating a region-locked gift. That being said, the SSA technically forbids using a VPN at all, so understandably some people prefer to err on the side of caution.

Rhaknar

Only when it comes to purchases, namely using a VPN to aid in buying a game from the store of a different region or activating a region-locked gift. That being said, the SSA technically forbids using a VPN at all, so understandably some people prefer to err on the side of caution.

I would never use a VPN for anything on steam, and I bet you wouldnt either

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Idol Master, how come I get you working with Hitman and then after the cards are done the VERY NEXT GAME you try to idle is Empire Total War TM so you break all over again?

What, are you going to do Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon next?

also what kind of game title is that.

Far Cry. ®. 3 Blood Dragon.

What the fuck Ubisoft

JaseC

I would never use a VPN for anything on steam, and I bet you wouldnt either

I've used a VPN to unlock games early and redeem region-locked retail keys plenty of times. I also once used a VPN to start my Black Flag pre-load because Ubi accidentally re-region-locked the pre-order subs it'd replaced (but this was promptly fixed, so credit where credit is due).

Rhaknar

I used an Italian VPN to download Wolfenstein, nothing bad happened. You do not need a VPN to play though if you add the exe as a non-steam game then though.

im sure there are many stories of people that used VPNs for whatever reason, as long as there is a 0.1% chance that they could act on it, I would never risk it

I've used a VPN to unlock games early and redeem region-locked retail keys plenty of times. I also once used a VPN to start my Black Flag pre-load because Ubi accidentally re-region-locked the pre-order subs it'd replaced.

youre braver than I am, Im too paranoid I guess. I pegged you for not risking anything with your account in the slightest, but then again, you did share it with someone on the internet so :p

Today sucked. I hurt myself moving my friends in (nothing serious but my shin is messed up), my car's ignition is going, and then i get home to unwind from work, and all Time Warner services were (and still are) out. No internet, no TV. The worst part: my remote download didnt work. So no Crypt Of The Necrodancer. Then i had some personal stuff that kind of sucked.

So, now i have about 300MB of data left to use today and tomorrow, and im just chillin in the dark.

So, my question ends with, is Crypt good at least? When i can play it, will it be fantastic?

When I am in China a VPN is usually always on and according to Steam Support, whom I asked about it, its not a problem using it when just playing Games.

Tizoc

Anyone know if Might and Magic Clash of Heroes can have custom soundtrack? This may sound like a weird question, but i really dislike the music in that game....

Speevy

Banned
This game's certainly popular. Come see what all the hype is about.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crypt of the NecroDancer -- MB-6BE772A259739C83 - Taken by Teppic. 46 entrants total.

t1406796800z1.png

Dr Dogg

Well that's just sods law. Just after I turned in for the night Idle Mater 0.2 goes live. All that time wasted. Oh well no time like the present. Great work jshackles, Stump and Caerith.

German IPs are prevented from running the game. German users who've bought the ROW version will see an error message like this:

steam_error_sucks.jpg

That ghastly green horror just wont die!

Why didn't Valve bring it back for a 10th Anniversary Celebration Skin :(

im sad to find out that when you ignore someone, you still see when they post, just not the content :( I thought it would basically erase them from Gaf existance (for your eyes that is)

There's a GreaseMonkey script that does just that so you don't even see quotes.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
im sad to find out that when you ignore someone, you still see when they post, just not the content :( I thought it would basically erase them from Gaf existance (for your eyes that is)

I hope it wasn't me ; _ ;

saunderez

On the plus side it gives you a chance to get over it and unblock them at some point. I've done that to most of the people I'd blocked. Usually people who seemed to follow me from thread to thread arguing with me. Once they stopped that I unblocked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom