• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But you're not really playing the games, you're just tricking Steam to be in-game, no? Couldn't Valve have something against that?

All you're doing is skipping the need to download game content. It's no more an advantage than someone on fibre versus someone on ADSL.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo momma so fat her blood type is Nutella.

image.php

god bless that avatar

Speedrunners is definitely the most intense game I've played since my first attempts at Counter Strike.

I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

saunderez

Speedrunners definitely the most intense game I've played since my first attempts at Counter Strike.

It absolutely is. Played a good hour or so with a couple of mates last night (we had a bot sub in as our 4th) and it was crazy. When it's 1 on 1 and the viewport shrinks and you can barely see in front of you I'm sweating bullets.

Well that's just sods law. Just after I turned in for the night Idle Mater 0.2 goes live. All that time wasted. Oh well no time like the present. Great work jshackles, Stump and Caerith.

That ghastly green horror just wont die!

Why didn't Valve bring it back for a 10th Anniversary Celebration Skin :(

There's a GreaseMonkey script that does just that so you don't even see quotes.

Once upon a time, I had some users of another forum lament that you could not ignore mods. One approached me with a greasemonkey script and asked me if I could hack it to do so. I did.

It used to work, until chrome made it so that you couldn't install extensions unless they were on the store.

I wonder if the current greasemonkey script uses any of the hacks I wrote -- the funniest thing is it still kind of works on GAF for me, so if I ignore anyone they're wiped from existence.

I always thought about trying to get it to hide quoted posts from that person as well, but the quick fix was to hide posts that quoted the ignored person and that turned into a clusterfuck pretty quick.

Dr Dogg

X05 only has one post in this thread, will he/she return?

I hope so that or they are just biding their time to do a massive multi-quote post of the whole thread!

Once upon a time, I had some users of another forum lament that you could not ignore mods. One approached me with a greasemonkey script and asked me if I could hack it to do so. I did.

It used to work, until chrome made it so that you couldn't install extensions unless they were on the store.

I wonder if the current greasemonkey script uses any of the hacks I wrote -- the funniest thing is it still kind of works on GAF for me, so if I ignore anyone they're wiped from existence.

I always thought about trying to get it to hide quoted posts from that person as well, but the quick fix was to hide posts that quoted the ignored person and that turned into a clusterfuck pretty quick.

Hahaha that would be a nice find if you went digging and saw some of your code in there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hope so that or they are just biding their time to do a massive multi-quote post of the whole thread!

binarypork assimilated x05, why do you think he posts like X05 recently. he's like the monster from The Thing, absorbs us and takes on our features.

This joke would have worked if you hadn't quoted him.

but then he would ACTUALLY think it was him, he's a paranoid dude

So which of us will he absorb to become a sarcastic asshole? :3

a sarcastic one? you obviously

It absolutely is. Played a good hour or so with a couple of mates last night (we had a bot sub in as our 4th) and it was crazy. When it's 1 on 1 and the viewport shrinks and you can barely see in front of you I'm sweating bullets.

There is no greater thrill than dropping the detonating bomb down the wall-jumping sections.

It's like heroine giving you a blowjob.

There is no greater thrill than dropping the detonating bomb down the wall-jumping sections.

It's like heroine giving you a blowjob.

Oh, I beg to differ.
But that is a good one. :)

The shenanigans that happen with the hooks are absolutely insane.
Especially when the cat and the chicken decide to gang bang the shark. :3

Rhaknar

I am become one with the pigeons!

not like me you havent... god I love this avatar, wasnt even a request either, the mad german just dropped it on me out of the blue and then went offline o_O

...wait, if I didnt ask for it, what exactly was she trying to say here >_>

you, of course ;) or Rhaknar ... :p

im not a sarcastic asshole. well... im not sarcastic

Dr Dogg

X05 if you are reading this, return to us.

Come back ;_;

Well this thread has only been just over a week and The Monk did say he was super busy. They'll be back, hopefully soonish.

binarypork assimilated x05, why do you think he posts like X05 recently. he's like the monster from The Thing, absorbs us and takes on our features.

Well better what out for the next master of the multiquote. Kill they with fire!

I am become one with the pigeons!

This thread is full of bloody pigeon fanciers!

Rhaknar

Finished season 1 of the walking dead (game). Loved the ride but the lack of closure in the ending kind of has me bummed.

what more closure did you want than
Lee dying
? o_O

especially with what we know of season 2

Dr Dogg

Yeah, but what about The Monk?

D'oh! I blame that on stumbling out of bed early with a pulled calf muscle. I think he said he had an import job on so he would be away for a couple of weeks, wished us all the best and as per The Monk's usual boundless enthusiasm to be nice to one another.

between that and alpacas - this thread is like Zoophiles Anonymous ;)

I'm sure there will be another animal themed game or 3 that will send this thread in to the bowels of madness in the not too distant future.

Dr Dogg

or, you know, people could have fucking self control, and...not do that? just a thought

You know how it goes one person comes in and goes 'hey guys look at this baboon dating sim game isn't it great!' and posts a picture of this bright red bottomed simian horror. The next thing you know other people start quoting it post after post, some modify the image to have their avatar meshed with the picture. Things spiral out of control and the ones trying to restore order are buried under all the baboon buts and before you know it 10 pages have elapsed that go to some very dark places. So yeah let's not do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom