• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

yay it's my birthday

To celebrate with you all, here's a totally underrated German game made by a couple of students that everyone probably owns already.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-F704F71307B0A077 - Taken by Yrael. 1 entrants total.

t1406813721z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Several interesting Kickstarter projects I found:

Fritz: A Video Game About World War I.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/462029764/fritz-a-video-game-about-world-war-one?ref=discovery

The protagonist being a German front line soldier is something that is not seen much in media, especially videogames. That alone sets this project apart from most. The footage in the pitch video looks like a early prototype and the images in the kickstarter are actually taken from the same movie. I assume this is because progress is very preliminary. Looking at the total amount being asked, it's clear that backers are being asked to pay the developers rent and food budget. While there is nothing wrong with such small indie games, people should be aware that if the developer or one of his family members gets sick or injured, development will grind to a halt and most likely never be completed.

It was promoted by makeshiftchief in the Steam thread already. Just as it was then, it continues to impress. If the developer can deliver on the promises set in the pitch video, it should be something special. Even in the crowded indie space.

The principle thing everyone will notice is the wonderful hand drawn art used by this game. I can't comment on how the game will turn out, especially due to the grand promises they are making in the video. But, from a pure aesthetic approach I cannot wait for the game to be completed.

This game seems like it is spreading itself thin trying to be the end all to post apocalyptic first person survival games. While I appreciate their courage to tackle such a monumental task, I have to say they are asking for a pittance for a game that needs a lot of work to improve the existing experience let alone expand the game mechanics.

This is also a very troublesome pitch for a kickstarter. It should be noted that at the current backing level, the developers are only promising to deliver a prologue and a 'cinematic intro', for Steam Early Access; and only for the $20 backer level. Unless you are smitten by the idea, I would be cautions about significantly backing an unproven developer.

As of posting, this kickstarter is nothing more than a prototype image of a anthropomorphic mouse and a developer name dropping famous games and nostalgic genres. I don't understand why Shadownet decided to mention it in his post.

This seems interesting, if for the art work alone. I'll keep an eye on the kickstarter and series as it progresses.

Tellaerin

I'm actually the person who inspired the creation of Saxton Hale.

Heh! One of these days I'm going to have to install Hat Simulator 2014 Team Fortress 2 myself. Had a lot of fun with Team Fortress mods for different games over the years - there was a time when a friend and I used to play Quakeworld CustomTF religiously - I but never got around to playing the Team Fortress game, oddly enough.

yay it's my birthday

Happy birthday! :D

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Do people still do reviews? I want to do a review:

Show me that concept again. (Show me that concept)
Don’t waste another minute on your playin’.
You’ll stop nowhere near the end (nowhere near)
A good game is not ready to begin.

Oooohhh. As long as we got super meat boy
We got a decent platformer right in our hands.
Steam bros you and me, we gotta be
The luckiest players who quickly quit playin’.

As long as we get tight controls’
we can play anything else that comes our way
Baby, spikes or shovels, all the time
We got plenty of other games, deserving of laughter and love.

So yeah, Growing Pains is not good.

Haha, this is most amusing review that I've read in awhile.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why Crytek doesn't partner with Michal Bay to make a videogame? I think it could be the best AAA full graphics only videogame ever made. I mean, the plot of Transformers 4 is written so bad I can't find words to describe it.

Because Crytek has no staff. ;) I hope Deep Silver buys Second Sight at some point because Crytek sure doesn't seem interested in doing anything with it.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.

Arthea

I need help in choosing my new mouse, it is too hot to concentrate on anything
Cyborg R.A.T. 3 (for kicks?)
A4Tech mouse Q4-370X
LOGITECH B100
LOGITECH M90
Sweex MA030

could you kindly help me?
Probably I just need to go with Logitech, as I always do.

I'm with the Logitech G500 atm and my wisdom ends there.

yours is too fancy,
says me considering Cyborg R.A.T. 3 (><)

Tellaerin

A4Tech mouse Q4-370X
LOGITECH B100
LOGITECH M90
Sweex MA030

Logitech's always a solid bet.

"Cyborg R.A.T. 3" sounds like the product of some unholy union between Modbot and Bad Rats. >_<

derExperte

A4Tech mouse Q4-370X
LOGITECH B100
LOGITECH M90
Sweex MA030

None of those are on GAF's list of usually recommended gaming mice. Is that all you have available to buy?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
A4Tech mouse Q4-370X
LOGITECH B100
LOGITECH M90
Sweex MA030

yours is too fancy,
says me considering Cyborg R.A.T. 3 (><)

The Sweex MA030 because it is a mousepad. Don't be chained by convention, or common sense, bring down the system; mousepad by mousepad.

Milamber

A4Tech mouse Q4-370X
LOGITECH B100
LOGITECH M90
Sweex MA030

Don't listen to them. A Razer NAGA is amazing for any game you play.
HrbXczh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom