• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I want to play Alien Isolatiooon

ivNw0PPMYXcX7.gif

Only 1 day before the new month begins and I'll have money coming in to waste on buying it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wait, forget what I said. I just installed Cognition and it still only had two episodes with the only option for getting the next two being to buy the whole season, double-dipping half of it. They have not righted their wrong ala WB with Arkham City, or a less noble fix like making each of the four episodes available as "DLC" for 1/4 the price of the full season.

Tizoc

Deponia. But it has the nice sideeffect that everyone who owns all three episodes can get the complete edition for 90% off and gift it away.

Speaking of Deponia, seems it is releasing on PS3 in the near future. Here's hoping for a Vita ver. too...with German voice acting kept in.

derExperte

Has anyone played more of Colin McRae Rally? I know it's basically a mobile port but I could use some simple racing fun and the card prices aren't too shabby.

I think the 5€-upgrade actually happened to the Special Edition of Whispered World, Deponia - The complete journey is only 3,99€ if you own all three games ;p

They gave everyone the WW SE after the internet rightfully complained about unfixed bugs in the original version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think the 5€-upgrade actually happened to the Special Edition of Whispered World, Deponia - The complete journey is only 3,99€ if you own all three games ;p

Yeah, The Whispered World SE was $5/€5 before Daedalic caved and added it to the exsiting WW subs.

Quick Arkham City question: I kinda sorta remember in AA that you would have to line up the top part of a question mark with its dot in order to solve some of riddler's puzzles. I've found a couple of those already in AC but the game doesn't seem to give me credit for them when i line them up. Is it one of those things where im missing a gadget that lets me do this or am i simply doing it wrong?

I'm not going after all 440 trophies in the game but if i see one in front of me I try to solve it so this is bugging me a bit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Quick Arkham City question: I kinda sorta remember in AA that you would have to line up the top part of a question mark with its dot in order to solve some of riddler's puzzles. I've found a couple of those already in AC but the game doesn't seem to give me credit for them when i line them up. Is it one of those things where im missing a gadget that lets me do this or am i simply doing it wrong?

I'm not going after all 440 trophies in the game but if i see one in front of me I try to solve it so this is bugging me a bit.

No, they shouldn't require any tool other than the detective vision. I think you hold down the button and the screen will flash if you have the position right.

I thought you just had to 'take a picture' of it with Detective Mode and it'll say if you got it or out of focus though. I know that's how AC did it, thought AA was the same.

Mono

Has Daedalic fixed the mess of Complete Journey? Because it was literally unplayable, so before releasing a console version, they need to fox what they've just released and sold.

I somehow managed to cheese my way through the first game in Complete Journey, but damn were there A LOT of bugs!!

They mentioned that they were working on a patch somewhere; I think it's supposed to come out near the end of August?

No, they shouldn't require any tool other than the detective vision. I think you hold down the button and the screen will flash if you have the position right.

I thought you just had to 'take a picture' of it with Detective Mode and it'll say if you got it or out of focus though. I know that's how AC did it, thought AA was the same.

Alright, that sounds about right. I haven't played a batman game since the launch of AA, which i finished within the week i bought it in. Either i missed the moment the game explains that to me or the game never did, which isn't surprising given that AC seems to assume that you're coming into it with all of your knowledge/skills from AA.

Thanks, duders!

Dr Dogg

Ahhhh nuts! I've just noticed Awesomnaughts has started Idling and this is one day I can't RDC into my PC at home. This better not take hours upon hours like some of you folks have said.

While the Intellieye 3.0 was an amazing mouse, it had a serious flaw where it's buttons would inevitably go to shit after a period of time. A single click would end up registering as a double click which would be problematic. I went through 3 of these many years ago and they all failed with the same issue. I have a friend who was crazy about this mouse and bought about 10 of them when production on them ceased. So far every mouse of his has met the same fate.

Yep that exactly how both of mine bit the dust as well. Wasn't an issue in games too much but general desktop use just got worse and worse and worse. Moving a window would maximise or hide it, could never make a marque selection, even adjusting the click time on selection got to the threshold where it would always execute. The first lasted 3 years and the second (which I've still got kicking around) took just over 3 before it went south. But I've had mice that last their warranty and kick the bucket straight after so I think I had a good innings out of my Explorers.

Moving to a MX518 was painless as can be (despite being left handed). The only reason I didn't get a G400 was because I was sick to death of Logitech replacing them every time one broke. I went through 3 and still have a semi functioning forth. Moving to a Sensei was a bit of a change due to the lower profile but the shape is very similar to an Apple Mighty Mouse, which bar the hideous scroll ball design is a good mouse as well.

Somewhat interesting MCV report on CD key resellers and their effect on legit retailers like GMG - http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/special-report-retail-revolt-over-pc-code-strippers/0136140

“There are many different ways to approach this issue. The easiest is to region lock the codes. But there are ways where publishers and developers could work with the distributors to tighten up the terms and conditions to ensure they are only selling stock onto official buyers. Other not so obvious routes can be explored, like using Trading Standards if their information is incorrect.”

Or maybe just price games attractively and offer better services than the resellers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nah better region lock all the games

The main problem is that the physical copies, which generally have a much lower margin, are being sold as cheap digital copies. If you sold cheap(er) digital copies from the start, you'd have higher margins and customers wouldn't have an incentive to buy there.
??? profit

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
wow, this looks nice! Influenced by Thatgamecompany games somewhat? I asked for this!

edited: coming in August, btw
That looks amazing. Lot of different enviroments which looks very beatiful and also overall setting is interesting. Really waiting this game now.

Jawmuncher

I've been using some 10 dollar mouse I got at the PX. Been meaning to upgrade but I haven't found i needed to yet. It does everything I need it to. Though it is a little small.

Arthea

Thanks for all suggestions, I see many of you aren't believers in Logitech

Logitech announced and released the G402 today btw, it's a cheaper version of the G502 with, going by first reports, a better scroll wheel. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2459...ion-fury-the-worlds-fastest-gaming-mouse.html

German 'first look': http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Maeuse-Hardware-255539/Videos/Logitech-G402-im-Videotest-1130598/

I probably will pick this one down the line, if it turns to be good, for now, I'll just take that B100 and hope it won't melt like the last one temporary did. (><)

I've been using some 10 dollar mouse I got at the PX. Been meaning to upgrade but I haven't found i needed to yet. It does everything I need it to. Though it is a little small.
my last bought "for several days", lasted several months. I'm too lazy to drive for a good mouse, unfortunately, and now I have excuse not to, going outside it's life threatening at this heat, let alone driving through city.

MUnited83

For you.
Somewhat interesting MCV report on CD key resellers and their effect on legit retailers like GMG - http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/special-report-retail-revolt-over-pc-code-strippers/0136140

No sympathy for them at all, especially after complaining that people buy cheap games from UK to their countries. Fuck off, I'm not ever paying what ammounts to be almost 100$ in a country where the minimum salary is around 550$ and is on a much worse economic state than the UK.

Dr Dogg

Thanks for all suggestions, I see many of you aren't believers in Logitech

Oh I definitely am (and my first recommendation that's still available is a Logitech mouse) and had a lot of experience with their legendary customer service. I just got a bit tired of the same mouse and wanted something new.

Seeing as we're going all techie in here I would ask about a few monitors I been have a look at but I think I've done more research on them than any same person should!

wont somebody plz think of the publishers

This quote and similar ones like it always make me a little bit dubious.
&#8220;Publishers and retailers are losing money and customers are getting a bad experience,&#8221; said Green Man Gaming trading director Martin Baxter. &#8220;That is not a good scenario; it is bad for the entire industry.&#8221;

Now I'm no economist but how do you know that someone who would buy a game at £35 would also be willing to shop at a legitimate store for say £50? I mean I look for the cheapest deal where ever I can but I have a celling on how much I feel a game is worth. If not it's not no biggie I'll wait for a sale. It's a tricky situation to manage with pricing that is fair for each region and emerging markets.

MayMay

Banned
I use the G502 Proteus Core, and I'm loving it. There are alot of complaints about the scrollwheel, but I actually dont mind it.

derExperte

my last bought "for several days", lasted several months. I'm too lazy to drive for a good mouse, unfortunately, and now I have excuse not to, going outside it's life threatening at this heat, let alone driving through city.

There's this new trend. They call it 'online shopping'. I hear someonce then comes to your door and gives you stuff. :p

oupi

Exactly. Here in Italy actually half of population is unemployed. A monthly pay is around 8-900€. Why we need to pay 71€ for a console game or 60€ for a PC one?

Or US countries that pay a PS4 400, here is 400€.

It's ridicoulous.

Really? Quick google search says Italy's unemployment rate is 12,3%. I checked my country's unemployment rate on that same site and it was accurate.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/italy/unemployment-rate

MayMay

Banned
Since my dispenser.tf isnt working (and no one offered help lol), Im now trading with some shady guy. Is there any way to see what version of a game I get in the trade window? Its only 16 keys, instead of the 18 - so I'm a bit afraid that I might get the region locked russian version of Risen 3 lol

Edit: Nevermind. Worked out fine. Risen 3 ROW for 16 keys? Not bad.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This quote and similar ones like it always make me a little bit dubious.

Now I'm no economist but how do you know that someone who would buy a game at £35 would also be willing to shop at a legitimate store for say £50? I mean I look for the cheapest deal where ever I can but I have a celling on how much I feel a game is worth. If not it's not no biggie I'll wait for a sale. It's a tricky situation to manage with global pricing that is fair for each region and emerging markets.

Yeah, admittedly there are maybe 2 or 3 games a year that I'd buy at full price if I absolutely had to, but otherwise I'm happy to wait for a sale. 99.99% of the time a publisher locking down a game would just mean that they get my money later rather than sooner (e.g. F1 2013).

_hekk05

Banned
Dear Jshackles

IdleM@ster is crashing for me now. Error message is :

Error launching steam-idle with game ID 8930

8930 is civ V

oupi

Yeah, really. Basically under 30 there's a 45% of unemployement. All industries are closing or migrating in other countries like Romania. Even a really big italian industry, FIAT, is migrating.
I'm unemployed too, I can't find work even in a supermarket or something like that.
There are a lot of suicide too due to this situation, I can say other italian GAF users can confirm this. Also, we are one of the most taxed country in Europe, even if we have no money to pay all those taxes. Just an example: this month they are asking money for a tax called Tarsi. It is around 400&#8364;, is a tax on my house (a house I've already payed). The monthly pay of my father is around 1000&#8364;.
Of course there are exceptions, like people that gain 2 or 3000&#8364; per months. Or the whole politicians situation, and I don't wanna discuss it here, but they took something like 15000&#8364; per month or even more.
EDIT: Also http://www.soldionline.it/network/p...i-24-anni-sono-701-mila-09-su-base-annua.html
Is even MORE than 50%

Ah, you meant the youth unemployment rate. That I can believe is close to 50% in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom