• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
yZtJNZq.jpg

from this thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858310&page=7

Not so far from what it looks like on my laptop.

C0FD22A36BD8FF538B6B42EA0D3B8B622643641A

MTE

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MTE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Bioshock -- MB-916196DABF2A6885 - Taken by Altazor

Bioshock Biohorror!

HoosTrax

blah. if only there's a way to get Skyrim Legendary Edition for like $5-$7.50 with coupons or vouchers - need all those DLCs
I'm in this boat. The current price of Legendary Edition is nice...if you somehow haven't bought Skyrim already in the three years that it's been out. It's pretty lame for early adopters though, who just need the DLC.

Yrael

I checked the previous page but didn't notice it thanks.

No worries!

I'm in this boat. The current price of Legendary Edition is nice...if you somehow haven't bought Skyrim already in the three years that it's been out. It's pretty lame for early adopters though, who just need the DLC.

This is the reason why I'd be reluctant to jump into the next Elder Scrolls game right away...but I don't know if I'd be able to hold out another two years after its release for a Legendary edition with all the DLC either. :<

StAidan

So, I'm just finally getting around to playing Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (it was my 3rd Steam purchase, made on Dec 21, 2010 -- holy cow!). The Playfire rewards nudged me in the right direction, along with the knowledge of the upcoming sequel.

What a great little game -- I think I expected a bit less than it actually offers, but GoL really delivers on a number of fronts: quick, fluid gameplay, fun optional exploration/collection elements, and a clean visual presentation with some cool variation from level to level.

It's been a while since I've played any of the classic-era Tomb Raiders (and I'm in the middle of playing the reboot), so I found the dialogue of Attitude Lara a little jolting. It kind of made me realize that the character was created during a time when all the hottest video game mascots were cool cats who just didn't give a care, and sneered in the face of danger. I'm honestly not sure which Lara I prefer.

So anyway, I've enjoyed it so far (and the ~$1 reward from Playfire is nice too).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sacred 3 now has a region-locked Eastern European-specific sub, however the ROW sub remains region-free so you should still be able to find it on the cheap if you hunt around.

Try your best to find time for Divinity. It has more than enough potential to be GOTY and even possibly GOTG. Its a fine quality specimen. You may not see a game like that again for a very very long time.

I believe it. I've loved what i've played so far and the game looks quite pretty as well. Just need more time in the days. Plus moving houses in a few weeks isn't helping either...

But how many people will actually play it?

Not enough. No one plays games here and The Bureau gets shit on too much.

fenners

My very first ModBot giveaway! Be gentle!

I've already got these from the HumbleBundle, so let them go to a good home.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-6A56FCEDB1C76307 - Taken by maneil99. 4 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-AF76D19F04D068FA - Taken by Ifrit. 1 entrants total.
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-CC35D1F58A47FAFA - Taken by wetflame. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-0D07788501B03AAC - Taken by Diedac. 4 entrants total.
XCOM Apocalypse -- MB-09276FFE079A154F - Taken by Servizio. 2 entrants total.

t1405961916z1.png

Yeah, sorry, I saw your post and got excited... I hit quote and asked... then I went back and read some of the rest of the page and saw you answer Sub Zero.

--

MIght as well put some more Yaiba webms up, right? Seems I'm shaking off that rust...

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/2b3n4zibdl2dk75/Yaiba.roofchops.webm
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/ybg96633y5qq5ai/Yaiba.burning.stiffs.webm
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/jg8k3bmckcnaicu/Yaiba.Pubcrawl.webm

Was that good for you?!

aku:jiki

But how many people will actually play it?
I'm going to! Current plan is finish Legend of Grimrock today, either finish Betrayer or get sick of it by the weekend, then it's either The Bureau or Metro 2033 unless I feel like squeezing Giana Sisters in there first.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Sacred 3 now has a region-locked, Eastern European-specific sub, however the ROW sub remains region-free so you should still be able to find it on the cheap if you hunt around.

That's why I'm getting all these major releases from russians the moment they are made available. Especially in the case of some companies like Deep Silver and Ubiosft that have a history with region locking

Try your best to find time for Divinity. It has more than enough potential to be GOTY and even possibly GOTG. Its a fine quality specimen. You may not see a game like that again for a very very long time.

GOTY? Very likely. GOTG? Not in a million years. D:OS is fantastic but some of it's parts are mediocre at best

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
EVERYONE PLAYING ABYSS ODYSSEY

Turn off friendly fire to have the leaderboards working. The patch they added with the friendly fire is working the opposite way it was intended.
KuGsj.gif

Amzin

I'm liking Abyss Odyssey so far, but I definitely agree with the consensus that the sluggishness of combat could be better. My third attempt I had a good run and beat the Warlock with Kat and then Ghost without dying. It was getting late so I just let ghosty die after that so I could be done for the night :p

Do camps save your progress if you leave the game?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm liking Abyss Odyssey so far, but I definitely agree with the consensus that the sluggishness of combat could be better. My third attempt I had a good run and beat the Warlock with Kat and then Ghost without dying. It was getting late so I just let ghosty die after that so I could be done for the night :p

Nope you gotta start over.

Dambrosi

Banned

You can get your Pixel Hunter Keys now:

http://www.lemondo.com/giveaway.html

Says first come, first served. I have no idea how they know you are in the steam group, it only asks for an email address, free for all? I can't imagine a random steam group or developers have access to your linked steam email address.

Got my key in about 5 mins.
Thanks to both of you, I applied for a free key, but I don't appear to have gotten one yet. I'm not in the Steam group, though, so that may or may not be surprising.

Yeah, sorry, I saw your post and got excited... I hit quote and asked... then I went back and read some of the rest of the page and saw you answer Sub Zero.

--

MIght as well put some more Yaiba webms up, right? Seems I'm shaking off that rust...

Was that good for you?!
They're not showing up for me. "Video format or MIME type is not supported". What to do? Latest Firefox, Win 7 Pro 64bit.

So knowing what you know about the game.... would you recommend it?

Thanks to both of you, I applied for a free key, but I don't appear to have gotten one yet. I'm not in the Steam group, though, so that may or may not be surprising.

They're not showing up for me. "Video format or MIME type is not supported". What to do? Latest Firefox, Win 7 Pro 64bit.

Not sure, I just make 'em. ;)
They show up for me in both Firefox and Chrome in Linux as well as on Win 8.1 :\
Anyone more familiar with webms/codecs have any idea why Dambrosi can't watch?

JaseC

That's why I'm getting all these major releases from russians the moment they are made available. Especially in the case of some companies like Deep Silver and Ubiosft that have a history with region locking

I figured Deep Silver would lock down the game eventually, but I was hoping for more time as I (probably) won't have the money for it/Mordor/Risen 3/Alien until next week. That being said, depending on what the next crop of Weeklies are I may chase down 12 second-hand keys and buy a copy from someone's Dispenser shop -- games bought using the ROW sub loophole tend to carry a small premium and I'd prefer to avoid that.

Khronico

I bought it back when it had a daily for 12ish.
I really do need to get around to playing it now.

The Bureau is one of those games I played where the concept of the game in my head was a lot cooler than what it actually turned out to be.

What a disappointing game.

Turfster

Also, your screenshots of TNO look nice but why do you spoiler-tag so much. Most doesn't need I think.
Better safe than sorry.

OT but I just saw this thread and I was wondering, is there like, a list of SteamGAF twitter accounts? :p
Finding mine is a fun scavenger hunt! You can get to it via a post in another thread ;)

Arthea I would love to say how I really feel about the direction this thread has headed in but I would get banned on the spot. So seeing as I'm only responsible for what I myself post I'm going to take a leave of absence and if this thread does need sorting out I'm sure the Mod will do what is appropriate.
Sadness. Look at what you guys did. You know who you are.

I have a bunch of spare coupons if some here would like them:

- 2x 50% off Super Lemonade Factory
Speaking of which, you can get part 2 for the price of a tweet/facebook post, apparently.

Cautiously optimistic about Civ:Beyond Earth.

Prospero looked interesting, shame Valve canned it. It was incredibly ambitious for the time, though.

Toxic Bunny HD keys are now available for Indie Royale Debut 13.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good morning

I need some fucking coffee >_<

also Pressured keys from indiegala july madness are up too, sorry if old

JaseC

Did he pull a Xelios?

I recall him saying something about how he was hoping for the Summer Sale to start in June rather than mid'ish July because he had plans that would otherwise interfere with his ability to participate. He hasn't been online on Steam for more than two days now.

Anteater

Think Salsa is on a trip, I recall him saying he's going away for a few days and won't be able to play/buy games until he's back or something.

Maybe he's going to rob a bank to prepare for winter seal.

Amzin

So knowing what you know about the game.... would you recommend it?

Honestly, I'm not sure. It plays well enough. I love the art style and the mechanics behind the game. But it feels like early access. They have features they want to add yet I know, so it may well be unofficially early access I guess.

It's not really a rogue-like, it's not a metroidvania, it's not a fighter. It's more like a weird streets of rage-style game. I enjoy it but it's not an instant recommend.

JaseC

Desura's run dry, apparently:

All keys are in use, please wait for a site administrator to contact you with a key

Speaking of Indie Royale, though, I submitted my Volt key to ModBot earlier and was told that it'd already been submitted by another user, so apparently I was given a dupe. I don't think I care enough to chase up the matter, though, especially since I can't exactly prove it as Steam prioritises "You already own this game" over "Duplicate product code", which is something I really wish Valve would change -- mind you, it'd be easy enough for IR to just check its own database and see if the same key has been applied to two different accounts.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm
undercover in the work camp
in Wolfenstein and the creepy nazi duo popped up again. I can tell great things are going to happen with those two.

The game is incredible... Most fun I've had with a shooter since Bulletstorm. I actually feel like replaying some chapters already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom