• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been offsetting the cost of buying the witcher 3 with candy money credits to my cable bill. One more win and it'll be like I got the game for free. feels damn good, especially after having finished witcher 2 over the weekend.

I hit a ceiling in Velocity Ultra around zone 44 where the game wanted me to grind out older levels for XP in order to continue and decided to say fuck that to that. I liked the game quite a bit but not enough to go through that mission. Got my money's worth from it and im ok with that.

Going to start the wolf among us today. Going to try and hammer out an episode a day so that I can finish it up on friday night. Looking forward to it : )

I have it on PC and PS4 but most of my Pinball Arcade game time is on my iPad.

Tate mode and snuggled up in bed mode.

I've heard somewhere before that the ipad was their lead platform at one point. Don't know if its true. I just can't deal with pinball on the ipad. I'm not sure why, I just don't enjoy it very much.

derExperte

I've heard somewhere before that the ipad was their lead platform at one point. Don't know if its true. I just can't deal with pinball on the ipad. I'm not sure why, I just don't enjoy it very much.

Despite only needing two buttons and thus theoretically working good on a tablet a big part of pinball is hitting those buttons as hard as possible. Limply tapping on a touchscreen doesn't cut it, I need to at least hammer on some unfortunate keyboard keys. Also timing is important and I feel it's almost impossible to get that 100% right with touch controls.

You can get your Pixel Hunter Keys now:

http://www.lemondo.com/giveaway.html

Says first come, first served. I have no idea how they know you are in the steam group, it only asks for an email address, free for all? I can't imagine a random steam group or developers have access to your linked steam email address.

Got my key in about 5 mins.

aku:jiki

Says first come, first served. I have no idea how they know you are in the steam group, it only asks for an email address, free for all? I can't imagine a random steam group or developers have access to your linked steam email address.

Got my key in about 5 mins.
Yeah, there's no way that site knows. They do have an IP check for multiple code shenanigans, though.

Or so I've heard. Asking for a friend.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mustachied man in a red suit
ss_85ad111bc5868c5e8a0f5ac5c313a1fd921903ba.1920x1080.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
point and click games tend to end in bundles, yes. But as I said earlier couple of times, there are so many games now, competition is insane, so it's understandable.
It doesn't mean that these are bad games, even if some people imply that only trash get bundled.
Indeed. Hell, even big stuff such as BioShock or Xcom ended up in bundles. So it's no surprise that many smaller games have that fate too.

I haven't joined any group in Steam for that Pixel Hunters giveaway and just entered my email. Still I got a key. That Lemondo website worked for me. Thanks guys!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
point and click games tend to end in bundles, yes. But as I said earlier couple of times, there are so many games now, competition is insane, so it's understandable.
It doesn't mean that these are bad games, even if some people imply that only trash get bundled.

It's the sad truth. Most of these obscure indie games, especially P&Cs end up in cheap bundles. That's not saying anything about their quality. No need to act pretentious or be afraid to state te obvious because they're gaffer made.

Also I think the term "gaffer made" is applied very loosely in most ocassions...

fenners

I've been slowly working through some of the games I got in various indie/humble bundles over the past six months between more interesting games, earning cards & realising how much crud I've accumulated in my Steam library (fun!).

Tried "Risen" last night. Is there actually any value to playing it these days? I've got the sequel sitting there to be played too. Just loading up the intro sequence felt tired & old.

Jørdan

Tried "Risen" last night. Is there actually any value to playing it these days? I've got the sequel sitting there to be played too. Just loading up the intro sequence felt tired & old.

Very simple but surprisingly engrossing RPG, I enjoyed my time with it. I would keep playing to see if it clicks, it's worth the time if it does.

Is Euro Truck Sim 2 the best relaxing game ever released? The HB bundle is also definitely best bundle in a while. Guys pls buy that bundle it's worth every buck you pay!

Still learning reverse parking but starting to get a hang of it. Still radio surfing as I can't find a good eurodance channel to listen.

Been here a week, won a few giveaways, wanted to give back with a few keys I had leftover, hate Mondays:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darkchewie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KAMI -- MB-4A36BABD967703BD - Taken by Darth Kupi. 10 entrants total.
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 -- MB-A1B9CBC1D8927928 - Taken by Perun. 6 entrants total.
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-5110082A3FB60E2F - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.

t1405960176z1.png

yuraya

I wish I had more time to play Divinity. Time is short now and I'm trying to run through Witcher 2. Then I have Dead Rising 3 in September and Dragon Age in October...then a long break until Witcher 3.

I can't hold all these games.

Try your best to find time for Divinity. It has more than enough potential to be GOTY and even possibly GOTG. Its a fine quality specimen. You may not see a game like that again for a very very long time.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
mariomariomario
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pixel Hunter -- MB-F5CD07CFE6889586 - Taken by LuffyZoro

Terra_Ex

Got a Pixel Hunter key from that site and added it for the +1.
I've been slowly working through some of the games I got in various indie/humble bundles over the past six months between more interesting games, earning cards & realising how much crud I've accumulated in my Steam library (fun!).

It gets better after the immediate intro sequence, keep playing. Hell, I slogged through the inferior console experience and it's a much better game overall on PC, the sequel not so much.

for that free key I put in my email as it is the only text box but then a pop up comes up saying please fill out this field, pointing to nowhere...

Strazyplus

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Strazyplus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-3AA0E965AB624678 - Taken by almostheathen. 21 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-EE415CC197C0C78F - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-D8C37F809793C0E3 - Taken by yGray. 12 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-53FAE863D06A0AAE - Taken by cyrok. 4 entrants total.

t1405960896z1.png

ROUND 2!

fenners

Got a Pixel Hunter key from that site and added it for the +1.

It gets better after the immediate intro sequence, keep playing. Hell, I slogged through the inferior console experience and it's a much better game overall on PC, the sequel not so much.

Ha, so the original's better than the sequel? I'll give it a further go I guess.

Benedict

Steam-key for Pressured in the Indie-gala July Madness Bundle is now released.
Like this one.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Pressured -- MB-92E9DE45440C6082 - Taken by derExperte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom