• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon
Detective and his notsotrusted robot on the case.
The gameplay is very simple, you go around interrogating people and doing sidequests by interrogating even more people. For ability to interrogate everyone you meet, you need to find related items first, 3 for every interrogation. Then you choose item and one of three questions. If you choose without mistake 3 times you crack this particular event.
The robot thinks it is some kind of god sent comedian (he's awful at jokes btw) and you have minigame of standup comedian robot. Again it's 3 answers to the question, only this time it's timed and you have to combo them, because you lose all your points with one miss, as far as I noticed.

I was planning to play it in one sit, but it didn't happen. Somehow I wasn't having fun. It's over the top (grotesque) nature of game that does nothing for me. I don't find jokes particularly funny, and setting with artstyle aren't my thing too. I haven't moved it to NOPE folder yet, maybe I will finish it some day, if I feel like it, just thought I'll share some impressions, in case I'll leave it and forget about it.

so...games and stuff, huh?

Finally killed the Krayan in Witcher 2...furthest I've been able to get in the game during the 4 times I've started it. This one might stick, games looks really pretty on Ultra.

EDIT
i don't really know if "my balls" applies in English, but still, don't care, sounds fine to me :D

Don't worry...translates well enough.

Indeed progress has been really, really slow. Wasn't it one of the first games to be greenlighted? If I'm not mistaken it's developed by a single person and it's quite ambitious, so I don't think it will be ready till late 2015-2016 at the earliest. Still, even at this early phase it's quite fun to play if you ignore some bugs that can get annoying

I think it was pretty close to being in the first round. I know it's been on my wishlist forever.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I hope Kenshi turns out well one day, the ideas behind the game are great and just messing around with the populations in cities is briefly amusing at this point but progress has been pretty slow.

Indeed progress has been really, really slow. Wasn't it one of the first games to be greenlighted? If I'm not mistaken it's developed by a single person and it's quite ambitious, so I don't think it will be ready till late 2015-2016 at the earliest. Still, even at this early phase it's quite fun to play if you ignore some bugs that can get annoying

Yakkue

Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon
Detective and his notsotrusted robot on the case.
The gameplay is very simple, you go around interrogating people and doing sidequests by interrogating even more people. For ability to interrogate everyone you meet, you need to find related items first, 3 for every interrogation. Then you choose item and one of three questions. If you choose without mistake 3 times you crack this particular event.
The robot thinks it is some kind of god sent comedian (he's awful at jokes btw) and you have minigame of standup comedian robot. Again it's 3 answers to the question, only this time it's timed and you have to combo them, because you lose all your points with one miss, as far as I noticed.

I was planning to play it in one sit, but it didn't happen. Somehow I wasn't having fun. It's over the top (grotesque) nature of game that does nothing for me. I don't find jokes particularly funny, and setting with artstyle aren't my thing too. I haven't moved it to NOPE folder yet, maybe I will finish it some day, if I feel like it, just thought I'll share some impressions, in case I'll leave it and forget about it.

Thanks for you impressions! I feared that it might be a game that misses the mark. Guess it'll go on my list of games I might buy during a sale, to see for myself.

Sub Zero

Thanks for you impressions! I feared that it might be a game that misses the mark. Guess it'll go on my list of games I might buy during a sale, to see for myself.

You won't have to wait that long. It will be in the $1 tier of a bundle in a couple of months

aku:jiki

Finally killed the Krayan in Witcher 2...furthest I've been able to get in the game during the 4 times I've started it. This one might stick, games looks really pretty on Ultra.
Speaking of prettiness, what is everyone's favorite on a visual level? As in technically, not style-wise. Betrayer is the coolest-looking to me but it doesn't really push my machine. I want something that looks insane and makes my rig explode and set fire to my apartment.

Tizoc

Speaking of prettiness, what is everyone's favorite on a visual level? As in technically, not style-wise. Betrayer is the coolest-looking to me but it doesn't really push my machine. I want something that looks insane and makes my rig explode and set fire to my apartment.

Skyrim with every mod in existence of course.

Yrael

Not actually an answer to aku:jiki's question, but Transistor has such a lovely artstyle (I've just been playing it).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
getting back to the topic of games ;)

2014-07-21-evolutionary-tactics.gif

This post is going to be in a $1 bundle soon.

I wish. I'm not being paid enough to post here. That said:

Crypt of the NecroDancer is coing out on the 30th!
Check it out!

Rogelike x Rhythm game awesomeness for just $14.99. 100% unaffiliated with Yogcast! Vladimir Putin hates it!

Sub Zero

Dude come on, it was made by a GAFfer, no need to hurt his feelings like that >_>;

Seriously. Not everything needs to be said out loud.

I'm not implying that it's a bad game that will be reduced to bundle junk status soon. It's just that games like this don't sell and their inclusion in a bundle is their only saving grace. That's the truth unfortunately

Anustart

I'm gonna have to stop jumping back and forth between metal gear and sleeping dogs. After a session of mgrr then transitioning to dogs, I forgot how to kung fu.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I honestly can't say I'm very excited about it... S02 was kind of a letdown so far especially compared to S01 or Wolf Among Us. But we'll see :)
Yo S02e03 legit had the best moments of any TT game yet. It was so wonderfully brutal taking Clementine down a certain path.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Might spoilertag it for me? I honestly can't remember or maybe it was a missable event eh
watching the face beaten to nothingness and then chopping off another persons arm shortly after
I hope Clem continues to have these sorts of these options.

marrec

Banned
I wish. I'm not being paid enough to post here. That said:

Crypt of the NecroDancer is coing out on the 30th!
Check it out!

Rogelike x Rhythm game awesomeness for just $14.99. 100% unaffiliated with Yogcast! Vladimir Putin hates it!

I was with it until I saw that Ben Kuchera endorses it.

Dude's as bad as Putin.

Can't wait to play it

Arthea

point and click games tend to end in bundles, yes. But as I said earlier couple of times, there are so many games now, competition is insane, so it's understandable.
It doesn't mean that these are bad games, even if some people imply that only trash get bundled.

I wish I had more time to play Divinity. Time is short now and I'm trying to run through Witcher 2. Then I have Dead Rising 3 in September and Dragon Age in October...then a long break until Witcher 3.

I can't hold all these games.

Ban Puncher

Their pc support really bums me out. I'm not buying any more tables until they start updating it to be equal to other platforms. (or if I get a ps4, I'll just buy it on that)

I have it on PC and PS4 but most of my Pinball Arcade game time is on my iPad.

Tate mode and snuggled up in bed mode.

Arthea

Age of Mythology for $9 seemed like the right price. God bless loopholes.

don't tempt me... My apartment is in dire need of refit, I'm trying to save money for that...
I'm still too weak to withstand this, probably. How is it $9?

Finally killed the Krayan in Witcher 2...furthest I've been able to get in the game during the 4 times I've started it. This one might stick, games looks really pretty on ultra.

Nice, I'm just a bit ahead of you. I'm loving the game so far! I was really surprised how nice the game looked compared to Witcher 1, wasnt expecting that big of a jump. Also really enjoying the combat, much better than the first game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
don't tempt me... My apartment is in dire need of refit, I'm trying to save money for that...
I'm still too weak to withstand this, probably. How is it $9?

-50% coupon (I have two spares available) + region-free ROW sub + trader willing to use aforementioned loophole. I went through this guy as I noticed he was offering ROW copies of AoM for 6 keys back during the Summer Sale.

Tizoc

I wish I had more time to play Divinity. Time is short now and I'm trying to run through Witcher 2. Then I have Dead Rising 3 in September and Dragon Age in October...then a long break until Witcher 3.

I can't hold all these games.

Makes you wish you could use this huh?
GokuGohanHyperbolicTimeChamber.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom