• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

So I joined that group for a free game and now I won't get one because they just gave them all to anyone? I don't really care about the game but I am extremely salty..

these devs, the publisher and whoever is in charge of the Steam group are nothing but LIARS and I hope their game fails, their business fails and their hopes ruined. I now have a new mission to carry out.

GaussTek

i also have laptop with intel 4000HD
i should try it

I do too have a laptop with Intel HD 4000 and Sonic Transformed actually runs fine at high settings on it.

The HD4000 series were a great leap over the previous ones, and from there the Intel integrated graphics are actually pretty decent for being, well... integrated GPUs :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That Mate stuff isn't going to help my Monday morning hangover.

Hello week.

The severity of a hangover is partially determined by how dehydrated you are.

Coffee will further dehydrate you.

Tea, including mate, has been shown to hydrate nearly as well as water. Add in the fact that mate also has the large amounts of caffeine you are consuming coffee for and you have the smarter, affiPCinado's choice for a morning beverage.

L.O.R.D

If only it was on the Outrun DLC track...

done
74617D6846A2A251D538D8AB9D05A664CC7B538A

3CBBF4C56D88D291022CD9CD22A8336887F0641C

FE73E164257BEF43BBA7D1772D1E351CF4047694

this track look really good , even when i turn everything off and the res to 400x300

Hugstable

Banned
Is Skyrim Legendary Edtion region locked at all? Found someone selling it for 6 keys and I made enough to buy 3 keys just now using leftovers from my insane card collection I built up last week, just gotta get 3 keys normally now and I should be able to go barring any region restrictions :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Skyrim Legendary Edtion region locked at all? Found someone selling it for 6 keys and I made enough to buy 3 keys just now using leftovers from my insane card collection I built up last week, just gotta get 3 keys normally now and I should be able to go barring any region restrictions :(

It is, but the ROW sub is region-free, hence the cheaper copies (best confirm that the copy on offer is ROW, though).

Edit: Bah, forgot to switch tabs.

Shantom

It's £6.79 here in the UK, and I doubt the UK version's region locked, so you could just get someone from here to gift it to you.

Honestly, I'm not sure. It plays well enough. I love the art style and the mechanics behind the game. But it feels like early access. They have features they want to add yet I know, so it may well be unofficially early access I guess.

It's not really a rogue-like, it's not a metroidvania, it's not a fighter. It's more like a weird streets of rage-style game. I enjoy it but it's not an instant recommend.

Thanks. I was already on the fence and you're keeping me there lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Company of Heroes 2 75% off at gamersgate is the cheapest its been I think?

Vuze

Honestly, I thought they were 3DS screenshots for a whole minute.

EDIT: Goddammit JaseC.

Oh come on, 3DS games don't look THAT blurry.

-

Also I just finished Wolf Among Us Episode 4. I'm really looking forward to see how everything turns out and I hope the ending will deliver.

AkuMifune

Banned

Tea, including mate, has been shown to hydrate nearly as well as water. Add in the fact that mate also has the large amounts of caffeine you are consuming coffee for and you have the smarter, affiPCinado's choice for a morning beverage.

What you say makes sense, but my brain is a highly tuned and highly fickle machine that only runs on coffee.

And I need to find a keyboard that will work in my living room.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

There is enough water in coffee for the diuretic effect of caffeine to not have an effect.. Look it up on PLOSOne.

Strazyplus

ONE HOUR REMAINS!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Strazyplus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-3AA0E965AB624678 - Taken by almostheathen. 21 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-EE415CC197C0C78F - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-D8C37F809793C0E3 - Taken by yGray. 12 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-53FAE863D06A0AAE - Taken by cyrok. 4 entrants total.

t1405960896z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20596275 It's this one right here.

EDIT: Crap how is this one? 4 keys seems like a waaaaay better deal. http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20555679

Well, Wolf says it's ROW so I assume it's ROW, but this will be obvious when doing the trade as if it is region-locked you'll see a warning icon in the top-left corner of the box:

There is enough water in coffee for the diuretic effect of caffeine to not have an effect.. Look it up on PLOSOne.

PLOSOne sounds like a wonderful place -- it's almost phonetically identical to "plus one".

morningbus

There are a number of factors to include, including the severity of the person's caffeine addiction but none of this science is as important as me selling some tea, bro.

Turfster

So I joined that group for a free game and now I won't get one because they just gave them all to anyone? I don't really care about the game but I am extremely salty..

"That" group?
There's quite a few of these schemes, so you're going to have to be slightly more specific. ;)

Ozium

"That" group?
There's quite a few of these schemes, so you're going to have to be slightly more specific. ;)

The one that people were referencing? Pixel Hunters.

LEMONDO is the name of the dev and from where I stand they are never to be trusted again. I spit on the corpse of their company.

Catshade

I'm glad that 2K is going humble bundle and put Bioshock 1 on the lowest tier (and you can get the DRM-free version for as low as 1 cent). More people out there should experience Rapture...

aku:jiki

The one that people were referencing? Pixel Hunters.

LEMONDO is the name of the dev and from where I stand they are never to be trusted again. I spit on the corpse of their company.
It was a pretty dirty trick that's not going to earn them any favors with the Steam community...

Annoying part is Gurumin is going to do something similar. Ain't nobody got time for actually cross-checking all votes and group joins and sending out individual keys.

So strange that Bethesda hasn't worked out a deal to get Wolf 2009 back on steam. All of this renewed interest in the series thanks to TNO yet Wolf 2009's absence from steam is a damn shame given that it's not only a fantastic game but TNO is technically a sequel to it.

morningbus

What you say makes sense, but my brain is a highly tuned and highly fickle machine that only runs on coffee.

And I need to find a keyboard that will work in my living room.

As far as the keyboard situation goes: I got this logitech keyboard for cheap a few months back and it's been really great: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DKZTMG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'd say it's worth it at the current price, but I got it for about 10 bucks in a lightning deal.

Jawmuncher

So strange that Bethesda hasn't worked out a deal to get Wolf 2009 back on steam. All of this renewed interest in the series thanks to TNO yet Wolf 2009's absence from steam is a damn shame given that it's not only a fantastic game but TNO is technically a sequel to it.

I think Publishers just don't want to bother with hoops.
Sega could have brought us back AVP2. Which is in the same sort of situation.

MRORANGE

So far:

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for August (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in August that is on Steam.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 30th July

Games / Gaffers:
Residue - BinaryPork2737
Ultra Street Fighter - MRORANGE
Shadowgate - Hugstable
Metro Last Light Redux - Demon Lizardman
Shelter 2 - Yrael
Hatoful Boyfriend - BinaryPork2737

Hugstable

Banned
Well, Wolf says it's ROW so I assume it's ROW, but this will be obvious when doing the trade as if it is region-locked you'll see a warning icon in the top-left corner of the box:

PLOSOne sounds like a wonderful place -- it's almost phonetically identical to "plus one".

Thanks Jase, just sent him a message since I guess I already had him friended, just hope he responds haha. 4 Keys for Skyrim Legendary would be amazing. Be wanting to play the 2 DLC so bad, but since they are 10$ a pop seperate I figured it was just better to go for the complete edition, especially once I heard that Dragonborn contains part of Morrowind. If he doesn't message me back in time I will go back to try the 6 keys guy.

Sweet, my Shadowgate recommendation should be ready to send by tonight :D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

these devs, the publisher and whoever is in charge of the Steam group are nothing but LIARS and I hope their game fails, their business fails and their hopes ruined. I now have a new mission to carry out.
This is why you shouldn't join groups for free games. In fact, I wouldn't give a thumbs up to a game that pulls this shit off.

Anustart

Was playing sleeping dogs and had the bright idea to try and drive a moped into my apartment, that didnt work so I went in and went to sleep. Came out the next morning, hopped on the moped parked conveniently right outside my door when....

Wei seemingly attained nirvana and became one with the bike. Camera jumped outside my building and focused on my other car out there like I was in it. Took me a while since I couldn't see, but managed to get out of my building, and what emerged was simply a sentient moped with no driver. I managed to get out to the street and drive away without being able to see and ended up doing some 100m jump on a moped, then the radio went silent.

I assume that the moped had transcended its mortal coil and was now up in the heavens.

Turfster

This is why you shouldn't join groups for free games. In fact, I wouldn't give a thumbs up to a game that pulls this shit off.

Agree.

GMG has an X-Com DLC bundle containing DLC for all the franchise games.
  • The Bureau Light Plasma Pistol
  • The Bureau Hangar 6
  • The Bureau Codebreakers
  • XCOM Slingshot
  • XCOM Elite Soldier
  • XCOM Enemy Within
20% off with P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Great :)

Thanks for everyone taking part, remember there are still loads of other games that you can cover on Steam for August if you haven't done so already

dont we need to play the games to recommend them? what am I missing with this feature?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Strazyplus, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Strazyplus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-3AA0E965AB624678 - Taken by almostheathen. 21 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-53FAE863D06A0AAE - Taken by cyrok. 4 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-EE415CC197C0C78F - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-D8C37F809793C0E3 - Taken by yGray. 12 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1405960896z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
dont we need to play the games to recommend them? what am I missing with this feature?

It seems more like a preview of games to be excited for in August. I've played previous Shadowgate versions, and this one being a remake makes it decently easy to talk about and recommend.

Rhaknar

It seems more like a preview of games to be excited for in August. I've played previous Shadowgate versions, and this one being a remake makes it decently easy to talk about and recommend.

fair enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom