• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

I know a lot of people have this already, but for those who don't, well... here's the opportunity.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-86D553CF3D5C710B - Taken by cardinalmind

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It... presumably interpreted BLOCK as a rule and Story as the user you wanted to block. Errr... whoops?!

haha. I just reposted it too, will it happen again :D

edit: seems so, not getting any msg from modbot. no games starting with Block for you!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

(Block) Story -- MB-71407CECBBE98E03 - Taken by Henry Swanson
The Tower -- MB-CA7A1294793437E7 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Dark Scavenger -- MB-C11E118EAA4BC0E5 - Taken by Knurek
Sequence -- MB-628C3CCA4792BE53 - Taken by DarkMehm

I had to wrap "Block" in brackets as without them the word triggered the BLOCK rule, haha.

Amzin

I just posted my initial Abyss Odyssey reaction, but I've just started playing Arkham Origins too, so here's that as well :p

I like Origins more than I thought. I think waiting to play it was probably helpful, as it's been patched to hell and back. Compared to Arkham City, at this point it really feels mostly like more of the same, which is ok as I really like City.

I like the challenges to unlock bonus XP and upgrades by doing certain actions (glide X meters straight, hit X combo, etc.) my complaint with those challenges is having to do them in order like that. I wish they were all unlocked right away, and you unlock the upgrades after doing X number of them in that category. I've done several of them that don't count just in the progress of playing and it's annoying that I'll have to try to do that again. The predator and gliding difficulties are all over the place too which doesn't help, I was stuck on the third predator one for a while and now the next several are super easy.

The slightly expanded detective mode is neat but detective mode could still use some overhauls to make it less linear I feel like. They should make it like a mini-point-and-click game mode, with the option to just auto-complete it for you for people who don't want to puzzle it out.

The use of scenes from Arkham City in a pre-lockdown state is nice, subtle, and scattered throughout. It actually does an ok job as a prequel in the sense of story telling, items, and the city itself so far, although the FEEL of the game isn't very prequel-y.

I don't have any of the DLC as far as I know, but at this point I would say the game is well worth it for people who want more Arkham City until Arkham Knight comes out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no space worked, even gets the img :eek:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BlockStory -- MB-444882D1506D0912 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

LoL. Is there a user named Story by any chance?

Yep Feep. The Tower and Dark Scavenger seem to he well thought of while the other 2 and the greenlight one seem like +1's.

Edit: Oops quoted the wrong post, was meant to be to autofokus. Damn mobile keyboards and big hands.

Rhaknar

surprised nobody grabbed Paradigm Shift, quality aside (I havent played), it was only in 1 bundle as far as I know (besides this one that is)

Diedac

A spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Sequence -- MB-9A6782EFDCB4BB3F - Taken by billmcdougal

JaseC

Sacred 3 now has a region-locked Eastern European-specific sub, however the ROW sub remains region-free so you should still be able to find it on the cheap if you hunt around.

Ditto for Risen 3. Metro Redux looks like it'll be next.

I'll jump on the bandwagon for Sequence. Played it and though it was Good game. I'm going to pass on that bundle though, as I already own some of them.

JaseC

Sacred 3 and Risen 3. Any hype for those games? I remember Risen not being a very good series in general.

Not particularly. Sacred 3's visual style received a lukewarm response when it was unveiled and Risen 3 is the sequel to a game that many felt was inferior to its predecessor.

derExperte

Not particularly. Sacred 3's visual style received a lukewarm response when it was unveiled and Risen 3 is the sequel to a game that many felt was inferior to its predecessor.

S3's bigger problem is that it's apparently a shallow action-hack'n'slay instead of the relatively deep rpgs S1 and 2 were.

So strange that Bethesda hasn't worked out a deal to get Wolf 2009 back on steam. All of this renewed interest in the series thanks to TNO yet Wolf 2009's absence from steam is a damn shame given that it's not only a fantastic game but TNO is technically a sequel to it.

Yeah, I've been wanting to play it for a long, long time now, but I can't justify the crazy key prices on TF2Outpost. Wanted to do a marathon with that, Wolf3D and RTCW.

enjoy!

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (grindamasta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-C8FF88AF17C8ED7C - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 8 entrants total.

t1405961320z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
haha. I just reposted it too, will it happen again :D

edit: seems so, not getting any msg from modbot. no games starting with Block for you!

Just use "Bloc" instead of "block?"

Seems like Stump needs to move the rules filter into some relative word-censor/block rulelist instead of exact.

That or maybe have rules start with *?

Shadownet

Banned

*put wallet away*

Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

Btw, I think I prefer blonde Saoirse. :) at least straighter hair.

That true? I've been debating whether to give the Risen series a try. Maybe I should try Divinity 2 (have not played any) or Witcher 1 for my next RPG kick.

Definitely play Witcher 1.

JaseC

So strange that Bethesda hasn't worked out a deal to get Wolf 2009 back on steam. All of this renewed interest in the series thanks to TNO yet Wolf 2009's absence from steam is a damn shame given that it's not only a fantastic game but TNO is technically a sequel to it.

I think Wolf09 is in a particularly tight spot because it's a project Acti almost assuredly lost money on. Acti wanting Bethesda to cover the remaining cost of development and marketing (haha) + Bethesda finding the price tag too extravagant = impasse.

Just saw this from Steam community hub for Pixel Hunter. Let's see...and I have a question. So entering a group will grant admin of that group a full access of Steam's users mails?

No. That'd be a major privacy concern.

Btw, I think I prefer blonde Saoirse. :) at least straighter hair.

Yeah, I don't consider it flattering at all, haha, but I figured I'd enjoy the joke and wear it for a week (unless new avatar material surfaces in the interim).

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
surprised nobody grabbed Paradigm Shift, quality aside (I havent played), it was only in 1 bundle as far as I know (besides this one that is)

Nor should they.

It's really not any good and there is very little that anyone could find to get some sense of enjoyment because it's simply just not complete in most areas. Honestly if someone told me Evilized Productions had stopped working on it mid development beta, I would believe them.
Locations are barren beyond base images and never feel filled in like part of a world, the monsters just pop out of nowhere randomly it feels like, combat (select weapon) feels slow and clunky, menu options to change things do little if they are in the game at all, only a couple of animations, not level design principles to guide the player, and there is very little to actually do Adventure wise making it flop in it's main draw besides horror.

No competent game that could be enjoyed because it's a bad game, it's just a poorly made game that doesn't make anyone who plays it really want to spend much time without it outside of extreme boredom or a sense of having to beat every game they buy. I simply can't imagine anyone here getting anything out of it outside of a +1. Oh wait, I guess someone will grab it for that as long as they don't play a lot of their games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just use "Bloc" instead of "block?"

Seems like Stump needs to move the rules filter into some relative word-censor/block rulelist instead of exact.

That or maybe have rules start with *?

I thought I had it set to require rules be written in all-caps but I'm guessing people didn't listen in the past and I made it more permissive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom