• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, I wonder..

paradigmshiftonsteamkikfu.png

I dont think quality is an impediment for people to grab +1s around here :p

also, im not defending the game, but I guess Gone Home is worthy of its 0% positive rating aswell, because those steam reviews are so trustworthy

fenners

Not long left!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-6A56FCEDB1C76307 - Taken by maneil99. 4 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-AF76D19F04D068FA - Taken by Ifrit. 1 entrants total.
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-CC35D1F58A47FAFA - Taken by wetflame. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-0D07788501B03AAC - Taken by Diedac. 4 entrants total.
XCOM Apocalypse -- MB-09276FFE079A154F - Taken by Servizio. 2 entrants total.

t1405961916z1.png

Grief.exe

I think Wolf09 is in a particularly tight spot because it's a project Acti almost assuredly lost money on. Acti wanting Bethesda to cover the remaining cost of development and marketing (haha) + Bethesda finding the price tag too extravagant = impasse.

Now no one makes money!

JakeD

interesting - the tower didn't increase my game count. well at least i'm assuming its the tower, since its the only one that doesn't show up in games/?tab=all

it's in my library though. must be an early access thing?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
interesting - the tower didn't increase my game count. well at least i'm assuming its the tower, since its the only one that doesn't show up in games/?tab=all

it did mine

Hugstable

Banned
Thought I'd try asking one more time since there is only 15 minutes before the sale is up, but is there anyone selling 2 TF2 keys via Paypal so I try to see if the guy selling Skyrim LE for 5 keys would be still wanting to trade? Or if anyone is from the UK where the price is cheaper right now, I have 3 keys I can trade and am willing to pay whatever is needed leftover via paypal.

Also some Dark Souls is about to be played today. I must overcome the death of my Sunbro!

Terra_Ex

That true? I've been debating whether to give the Risen series a try. Maybe I should try Divinity 2 (have not played any) or Witcher 1 for my next RPG kick.
Risen 1 is good, Risen 2 is not, for a variety of reasons but chiefly people just felt it was moving in the wrong direction. Divinity 2 is also decent but has kinda floaty combat imo, definitely worth playing but keep your expectations in check. Witcher 1 is obviously worth playing, especially if you're thinking of moving onto the sequels in the future. Or you could just play Divinity:OS and wonder where half the day went.

Same here. Didn't check my game count, but it's not in the game list you mentioned.

Salsa

I'm having a trip from hell I hate Buenos Aires I'm fighting with my gf all the time I think we broke up and I miss this thread

is that weird/sad

Thought I'd try asking one more time since there is only 15 minutes before the sale is up, but is there anyone selling 2 TF2 keys via Paypal so I try to see if the guy selling Skyrim LE for 5 keys would be still wanting to trade? Or if anyone is from the UK where the price is cheaper right now, I have 3 keys I can trade and am willing to pay whatever is needed leftover via paypal.

Also some Dark Souls is about to be played today. I must overcome the death of my Sunbro!

This is why you sacrifice your humanity to the spider waifu. Only guaranteed way to save Brolaire.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now no one makes money!

I think the best approach in these situations would be to agree on a revenue split until the owner's desired price has been paid, but evidently this is too creative a solution. Having said that, I can understand Acti and Bethesda not being overly concerned about Wolf09 existing in limbo considering their bread and butter is "AAA" multi-million sellers.

Personally, what's more annoying is that Quake Wars is still absent from Steam despite the fact that Zenimax does own it.

List of titles:

<snip>

067 Enemy territory: quake wars.

<snip>

I'm having a trip from hell I hate Buenos Aires I'm fighting with my gf all the time and I miss this thread

is that weird/sad

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Is it supposed to be a regular (fun) vacation and all? I hope it turns around for ya...vacations are supposed to be relaxing, but are often anything but, and stress like that can certainly cause fights. Good luck with the remainder, man.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm having a trip from hell I hate Buenos Aires I'm fighting with my gf all the time I think we broke up and I miss this thread

is that weird/sad

:(, I haven't seen you post in about a week or so now. Hope you guys are able to mend the relationship, fighting always sucks, especially when on a trip like that.

Grief.exe

is that weird/sad

We just assumed you were on your 3DS.

Does anyone know if Wasteland 2 is region locked?

Thanks.

Keep in mind the price should shoot down once the game is released.

You are essentially buying into the Beta Kickstarter reward tier at this point.

I think the best approach in these situations would be to agree on a revenue split until the owner's desired price has been paid, but evidently this is too creative a solution. Having said that, I can understand Acti and Bethesda not being overly concerned about Wolf09 existing in limbo considering their bread and butter are "AAA" multi-million sellers.

Personally, what's more annoying is that Quake Wars is still absent from Steam despite the fact that Zenimax does own it.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Two mega publishers who aren't overly concerned with small profit margins.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, I don't consider it flattering at all, haha, but I figured I'd enjoy the joke and wear it for a week (unless new avatar material surfaces in the interim).

I do like redhead, now I'm curious to see what Saoirse with straight red hair look like :O

Just received the preview code of Risen 3, gotta play it the upcoming days. We'll come back at ya. :)

You're our only hope!

Go talk to Sub Zero, he sell keys via Paypal I think.

If not go add Ikkyu on Steam. He's my usual seller. He take PayPal and he's cheap.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

is that weird/sad

oh man .. that's not good at all :( still - I hope things will work out for you in the end

also - we miss you too :3

Salsa

I'm on a hotel alone drunk dancing to the shittiest spotify punk playlist I should film this and win another enhanced steam award

thanks for the thoughts tho

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lost Civilization -- MB-8C863802E181E86C - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.

t1405962580z1.png

Rhaknar

+1 still available

Paradigm Shift -- MB-369611C220BC8BF6 - Taken by Mavromatis

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on a hotel alone drunk dancing to the shittiest spotify punk playlist I should film this and win another enhanced steam award

thanks for the thoughts tho

Man, sorry to hear about the relationship news. I hope everything turns around for you.

JakeD

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

sequence -- MB-AA994727F3877248 - Taken by nightstorm

JaseC

So the developer is lying? Because he said that he will send key using mail to all members of the group :S

What he probably means is that he'll have group members e-mail ahead with their Steam Community profile or some other form of proof. I'm fairly certain, though, that he could just set up a web page that asks for a user's e-mail address and makes use of Steam's OpenID system to determine group membership status -- if yes, send key; if no, deny.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

is that weird/sad
Sad to hear this. But now I'll have to make it my mission to find you in this city and streetpass your 3DS.

hey what wrong with my city! :p
Another ArgieGAFfer? Wow, you guys breed out of rocks or something? I swear, every time I enter the thread there's another one.

And I still haven't met anyone in real life :/

user237

I bought a steam card from the steam market, using a buy order.

I can see the card when I look in my badge progress for that game.

But when I look in my inventory, it's not listed with my cards, and I can't use the filters to filter on that game (it was the only card I have for that game). I'm not able to select the card in the trade offer window or in the sale window either.

Anyone seen this before? Is my new card broken somehow?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, new steam thread already, holy crap these threads move quickly!

JaseC

is that weird/sad

Catch up with zkylon and throw a spider at her face. She'll love it and it'll make you feel better! :p

Rhaknar

oh if Night of the Rabbit hits 75% ill finally grab it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom