• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

I know I'm way late to the party, but I just finished season 1 of The Walking Dead.

KB5r1rm.gif

hugs

OlliOlli in three hours. Be excited if you haven't played it on Vita.

Thanks for the impressions!

Nice, I remember reading positive opinions about the Vita version.

I figured I'd try out DOTA 2 last night...

..There is no way this ends well.

Do you have a group of friend that are already playing or want to learn Dota 2? It's more enjoyable playing with people you already know tgan playing with random internet strangers.

Hoo boy

This can only end one way

Either you're with us or against us

Right now it's ending with ihavenoideawhatimdoingdog.jpg

Do you have a group of friend that are already playing or want to learn Dota 2? It's more enjoyable playing with people you already know tgan playing with random internet strangers.

Just taking it for a spin. I fired it up a LONG time ago, but seems like things have reallly changed. Going through the tutorial stuff now and we'll see where I end up.

Vuze

Hotdamn, The Crew is so ugly outside of cutscenes, runs like (Watch_)dogshit and is locked to 30fps if you don't modify the config xml file (probably since the cutscene car animations seem to stutter if you cap it to 60 instead of 30). Can't seem to get in-game anymore as well after the game crashed before, all I get is a blackscreen with the beta notice. Way to go Ubi, having a great time so far.

Ultra, 4xMSAA, HDAO.

Grief.exe

Just taking it for a spin. I fired it up a LONG time ago, but seems like things have reallly changed. Going through the tutorial stuff now and we'll see where I end up.

I recommend spending some hours in a bot game with a particular hero learning the flow and mechanics.

I first started with Lich, which is one if the best supports in the game. Shadow Shaman and Dazzle are very powerful as well.

HoosTrax

PF14 seemed like a legitimate attempt from UIG to reboot their reputation as a sim-shovelware pusher, but they just didn't have the follow-through to keep up with their promises.

They did address some basic user issues post-launch, which is a first for them, so I'll give them credit for that. However, the game engine is simply too unoptimized at this point. It looks great (even better than FS13), but it runs like absolute garbage. That's whey FS13 simply "feels" better to play.

It's nice to have competition even in a niche market like Mundane Vehicle Simulators, so hopefully UIG can keep some forward momentum going with the Pro Farmer series.
So would you recommend Farm Simulator instead, for someone looking to try a game of this genre?

The "sim-shovelware" thing is a definite issue -- it's really hard for the uninitiated to know what games in the genre are legit and worth giving a try, and which are garbage that are barely worth the +1 to your Steam library count. Game like FSX, X-Plane, ETS, Train Simulator, etc are legit, but there are a lot of similar-looking stuff that fall into the shovelware category. Hard to know the wheat from the chaff.

derExperte

Hotdamn, The Crew is so ugly outside of cutscenes, runs like (Watch_)dogshit and is locked to 30fps if you don't modify the config xml file (probably since the cutscene car animations seem to stutter if you cap it to 60 instead of 30). Can't seem to get in-game anymore as well after the game crashed before, all I get is a blackscreen with the beta notice. Way to go Ubi, having a great time so far.

Ultra, 4xMSAA, HDAO.

It's pretty rough and I don't like the driving physics but still think there's a great game in there somewhere.

guys, question about TWAU. Just finished the first episode.
so, if going by what Telltale did with TWD season 1, im assuming that Prince Lawrence ends up dead regardless of whether you saved him during episode 1 or not? Because fuck it, my boy Toad needed me and i had to bail him out.

Also, im assuming that the console versions of TWAU isn't as sharp with the textures because this is one clean looking game on PC. really like the art style, even if the facial animations still look a bit jank at times.

so, if going by what Telltale did with TWD season 1, im assuming that Prince Lawrence ends up dead regardless of whether you saved him during episode 1 or not? Because fuck it, my boy Toad needed me and i had to bail him out.

Nope, you can save him

Altazor

Hahaha, that's weird. A single level can make all that difference? If I find it too hard I'll just level up then.

Aww, that's awesome! I consider it one of their best albums, but then again my tastes are rather strange. The song you mentioned, "No son of mine", "Never a time", "Living forever", "Way of the world" and "Fading lights" are incredible in my opinion, and often overlooked.

Not to mention that the album notes have small drawings for each song, which are beautiful. In fact, I considered using some of them before I settled for the cover.

"Fading Lights" is such a beautiful swansong for Phil's era with the band despite the fact that the lyrics were written by Tony, hah. I prefer to speculate that they somehow knew Phil wouldn't be back for another album.

It's a shame that militant prog-heads look down upon latter-era Genesis, though I concede the band is almost completely different (in a musical sense) from their 70's incarnation. And while they do have some lesser "pure pop" songs... well, at least they still have some very nice epics to compensate for that!

Sendou

Also, im assuming that the console versions of TWAU isn't as sharp with the textures because this is one clean looking game on PC. really like the art style, even if the facial animations still look a bit jank at times.

No actually
if you save Prince Lawrence then he stays alive. Although he is quite irrevelant to the story with just having a couple of lines of dialogue after that.

Morning guys. Woke up after 3pm, my sleep rhythm is messed up heavily these days.
bLEdnhP.png

Aw yiss. My number 4 on my wishlist! me0wish you are an awesome juni...
hrwHjlN.png

this is BULLSHIT.gif

The second time already happening this. First with Capsized and now Cortex Command.
There should be a way to check keys if they haven been used already.
Damn this stings. CC was so high up my list.

Nothing you could have known me0wish and you warned before, too. Just sucks.

Vuze

Noice.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...ome-with-four-los-perdidos-add-on-packs-on-pc

We are excited today to announce that the upcoming Dead Rising 3 on PC will henceforth be known as Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition, and will include all four of the “Untold Stories of Los Perdidos” downloadable add-on packs previously released on the Xbox One, making this the definitive Dead Rising 3 experience. Never fear! If you already pre-ordered the game, you are entitled to the add-on content.

Each add-on chapter focuses on a different protagonist and gives players access to crazy new weapons and vehicles that carry over to the main game.

Aaron D.

So would you recommend Farm Simulator instead, for someone looking to try a game of this genre?

The "sim-shovelware" thing is a definite issue -- it's really hard for the uninitiated to know what games in the genre are legit and worth giving a try, and which are garbage that are barely worth the +1 to your Steam library count. Game like FSX, X-Plane, ETS, Train Simulator, etc are legit, but there are a lot of similar-looking stuff that fall into the shovelware category. Hard to know the wheat from the chaff.

I'm with you.

The ratio of shovelware to quality product in the sim market can seem pretty unbalanced when looking from the outside. However there is indeed quality offerings out there if you dig around.

Farming Simulator is the premiere product in the sub-genre and is further bolstered by one of the most active mod communities I've ever seen. For example, the game ships with two large maps, but thanks to modders you can easily download and run dozens up on dozens. Also, Giants Software nabbed a ton of licences for the machinery and equipment, but they couldn't get all like the coveted John Deere. No problem, the mod community has created virtually every piece John Deere farming equipment ever produced. All for free.

Anyway, Farming Simulator isn't for everyone, but it's a real gem for those interested in the genre. It's relaxing & Zen. A pleasant change of pace from the usual urgency and bombast that dominates the industry.

Here's a link to the demo from the official site. Nuuvem is selling the game for $12 for the next few days.

Cheers.

"Fading Lights" is such a beautiful swansong for Phil's era with the band despite the fact that the lyrics were written by Tony, hah. I prefer to speculate that they somehow knew Phil wouldn't be back for another album.

It's a shame that militant prog-heads look down upon latter-era Genesis, though I concede the band is almost completely different (in a musical sense) from their 70's incarnation. And while they do have some lesser "pure pop" songs... well, at least they still have some very nice epics to compensate for that!

Props for the Genesis love. :)

They were one of the first bands I really got into growing up, and yeah, its criminal how much hate late-era Genesis gets.

nice find. Steam updated their store as well

Pre-Purchase Dead Rising 3 - Apocalypse Edition
Customers who previously prepurchased Dead Rising 3 are automatically upgraded to the Apocalypse Edition, and will receive that content when the game releases.

Well I finally passed out for a bit, woke up and see all of this.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I think its time that I leave SteamGAF.

moderation is the answer.

Shadownet

Banned

Mono

Prince Lawrence actually can live or die and stay alive/dead the rest of the game, depending on where you go first

Deitus

Don't leave SteamGAF. I know people got a bit grumpy, and maybe tone down some of the tangents a bit to avoid pissing people off. But I at least would be sad if you left.

chronomac

For those interested in OlliOlli, here are a few reviews of the Vita version: Demonoid (9.5/10), Eurogamer (9/10), Edge (8/10), and Joystiq (4/5). Barring something horrible I imagine this will translate just fine to Steam. As someone who played every Tony Hawk game until Project 8, I'm pretty excited about this.

HoosTrax

I'm with you.

The ratio of shovelware to quality product in the sim market can seem pretty unbalanced when looking from the outside. However there is indeed quality offerings out there if you dig around.

Farming Simulator is the premiere product in the sub-genre and is further bolstered by one of the most active mod communities I've ever seen. For example, the game ships with two large maps, but thanks to modders you can easily download and run dozens up on dozens. Also, Giants Software nabbed a ton of licences for the machinery and equipment, but they couldn't get all like the coveted John Deere. No problem, the mod community has created virtually every piece John Deere farming equipment ever produced. All for free.

Anyway, Farming Simulator isn't for everyone, but it's a real gem for those interested in the genre. It's relaxing & Zen. A pleasant change of pace from the usual urgency and bombast that dominates the industry.

Here's a link to the demo from the official site. Nuuvem is selling the game for $12 for the next few days.

Cheers.
Cool, thanks for the thoughts! I'll give it a go.

Altazor

Props for the Genesis love. :)

They were one of the first bands I really got into growing up, and yeah, its criminal how much hate late-era Genesis gets.

oh indeed. There are a couple of Phil solo albums that I associate strongly with my childhood (especially "...But Seriously"), they mean a lot to me. I'm a bit of a fanboy, so while I understand that some people absolutely despise them, I can't and won't find any fault with them. They speak to my inner child, they represent those "good old days". So yeah.

On topic: YEEEEEESSSSSSSS I FINALLY GOT THE MONEY I WAS WAITING FOR... so the DS2 Season Pass and Divinity Original Sin will be MINE. FINALLY.

aku:jiki

Oh, that's useful!
Too mad I've gone and got him killed already from falling into traps, oops!
Rogues really are pretty useless in the early game, then.

Do all of the secret buttons look the same?

Ah, okay! Thanks!!
Rogues are indeed useless before they get a ranged weapon, but once they do they become the best.

Secret buttons all look the same depending on what floor you're on; the wall textures change every 3rd floor and the further you go, the more different types of buttons they add. Not all secrets are as easy as pressing a button though...

so is freedom planet a good game?? i want to read some opinions of people who have already played it
I want to like it but it also looks like a Sanic game... This is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom