• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Typical Capcpom, but seeing as I got the game for $20ish, I can balance it out if that DLC is sold for $10.

I'd say the DLC being exclusive (at least for now) was part of the deal with Microsoft. I was actually a little shocked when the PC version was announced as I figured the the best case scenario was a release a year after the release of the X1 version.

Well I finally passed out for a bit, woke up and see all of this.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I think its time that I leave SteamGAF.

Don't leave. That'd fly in the face of what I said about impulse control. ;)

Parsnip

Dang.
I was absolutely going to wait for all 3 pieces of the Dark Souls 2 dlc to be out before getting in it, but I don't know if I can resist.

BadRamen

All this off topic discussion of how much off topic is too off topic and the common answer to take it to the SteamGAF group chat is great, but in relevance to the tablet talk (on mine right now and most frequently use it for GAFing when gaming as shift tab browsing sucks for me), how does one get into a group chat with Steam Mobile? Am I correct in saying you can't? And if so, what is the solution?

Jawmuncher

I'm almost thinking of waiting for a "complete" edition of DS2 on PC and just playing my PS3 copy.

It's been a internal struggle for awhile now.

Deitus

The second one, just because Steam is better then PSN. It's probably that PSN will shutdown in the future, while it's very hard that Steam will encounter the same destiny.

By the time PSN shuts down (if it shuts down), DS2 GOTY edition will be available for very cheap, so that's not really a good justification to buy the game on PC now.

JaseC

All this off topic discussion of how much off topic is too off topic and the common answer to take it to the SteamGAF group chat is great, but in relevance to the tablet talk (on mine right now and most frequently use it for GAFing when gaming as shift tab browsing sucks for me), how does one get into a group chat with Steam Mobile? Am I correct in saying you can't? And if so, what is the solution?

I more or less only use the internet on my phone to order pizza, but I assume the option to join the GAF chat room is present on the mobile version of Steam Community (and even if it isn't, you could just switch to the desktop version).

should I pay $4 more just to get ETS2 and that Paintjob DLC? lol

If you don't own ETS2 at all, perhaps you should get in on that Bundlestars package that includes the going east DLC and a bunch of paintjobs, I think ($6 more than the $4 you're thinking about) if it's still active.

Sendou

Started playing Cave Story+ as persuaded by Steam Roulette. Can someone confirm easy difficulty really is as cakewalk as the early game suggests? Thinking about going with the original difficulty now. It seems that the biggest challenge in the game is the sudden deaths rather than regular enemies at this stage. Anyway it seems like a nice game and I'm glad I'm getting around to play it now.

Yeah and Wii U Pro Controller is just so lovely with this game too. My favorite controller by far.

Nope, you can save him

No actually
if you save Prince Lawrence then he stays alive. Although he is quite irrevelant to the story with just having a couple of lines of dialogue after that.

Prince Lawrence actually can live or die and stay alive/dead the rest of the game, depending on where you go first

huh, so that's how they handled that. I figured that
they would write him out of it in some way because that might cause too many issues later down the line. Still, interesting that he stays alive. I'd ask what would happen if i ignored toad but I don't want any spoilers as the game has been pretty great : )

Dang.
I was absolutely going to wait for all 3 pieces of the Dark Souls 2 dlc to be out before getting in it, but I don't know if I can resist.

I'm trying to hold strong as well. I played Dark Souls on the 360 and loved it and later on when it was cheap I picked it up on the PC with the Abyss DLC (which I didn't play on the 360). I keep wanting to play it again to try a new build and to experience the DLC, but it was so epicly long to beat it for me the first time (I just game an hour or two a week usually, DS took me multiple months to beat) I can't find the time for it. So I kinda want to have the "full" DS2 experience when I jump in, but it is hard to wait.

aku:jiki

Started playing Cave Story+ as persuaded by Steam Roulette. Can someone confirm easy difficulty really is as cakewalk as the early game suggests? Thinking about going with the original difficulty now. It seems that the biggest challenge in the game is the sudden deaths rather than regular enemies at this stage. Anyway it seems like a nice game and I'm glad I'm getting around to play it now.

Yeah and Wii U Pro Controller is just so lovely with this game too. My favorite controller by far.
I've only played the original version but that one is not hard at all.

Sendou

I've only played the original version but that one is not hard at all.

Yeah I was thrown off with the game suggesting players new to Cave Story should choose easy. At this point I don't really see why that is the case. The hard seems more like a true challenge to people that mastered the game.

wilflare

If you don't own ETS2 at all, perhaps you should get in on that Bundlestars package that includes the going east DLC and a bunch of paintjobs, I think ($6 more than the $4 you're thinking about) if it's still active.

oh.. lol guess I'm just weird
i didn't buy the Bundlestars one cause it was cheaper during Steam Summer sale right

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I endorse the message to buy OlliOlli if you're one of the few posters on this forum without a PS Vita™

It's crack

By the time PSN shuts down (if it shuts down), DS2 GOTY edition will be available for very cheap, so that's not really a good justification to buy the game on PC now.

Stop ignoring my point. It's the only point you need. ;)

Has the latest patch even hit consoles?
Between the likelihood of quicker and/or more updates and the fact that the PC version isn't anywhere near the level of mediocrity FROM pushed out to PS3/x360 (give us smooth, give us silky 60fps), I'm betting you can still sell/trade that PS3 version for a good chunk of cash.($20+) to subsidize your conversion to the superior version.

You might lose your save data, but you might not (if you wanted to convert your saves, it might be possible. I just recently found that I might be able to convert my console Borderlands 2 and TWD saves to PC). Besides, this would give you the opportunity to experience the game all over again, as it should be played, and would also give you an opportunity to earn all those glorious achievements/trophies all over again. :3

Nooo don't leave! Huguu will give you a hug *hugs*

Jawmuncher told me that if we really love Shadow, we have to let him go.
Maybe this is what he meant, as he said that taking him off my friends list wasn't letting him go either.

I'm so confused.

Sendou

I endorse the message to buy OlliOlli if you're one of the few posters on this forum without a PS Vita™

It's crack

It's not a bad game but let me give everyone a word of warning: Vita version had some serious problems including but not limited to stability causing a lot of unfortunate crashes. Developers weren't very responsive with the fix and the game went (if they fixed it? I don't know I stopped caring at some point) without a patch for a long time. So I suggest people wait for some word about the quality of the port before jumping in. If the port is good then I guess I can recommend the game. Definitely not up there with my favorites but quite nifty still.

I'm hooked on 100% Orange Juice now. I still don't quite know what I'm doing, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now. Like Long Live The Queen, it didn't seem like my kind of game, but I ended up really liking both.

Deitus

Stop ignoring my point. It's the only point you need. ;)

Has the latest patch even hit consoles?
Between the likelihood of quicker and/or more updates and the fact that the PC version isn't anywhere near the level of mediocrity FROM pushed out to PS3/x360 (give us smooth, give us silky 60fps), I'm betting you can still sell/trade that PS3 version for a good chunk of cash.($20+) to subsidize your conversion to the superior version.

You might lose your save data, but you might not (if you wanted to convert your saves, it might be possible. I just recently found that I might be able to convert my console Borderlands 2 and TWD saves to PC). Besides, this would give you the opportunity to experience the game all over again, as it should be played, and would also give you an opportunity to earn all those glorious achievements/trophies all over again. :3

No idea if the PS3 version is up to date. I haven't really played it in a couple of months. But if I decide to go the Steam route, I would definitely be waiting for a sale.

NotSelf

Go with original difficulty.

I envy you playing this game for the first time it's like being transported back to your childhood.

Jawmuncher

I'm hooked on 100% Orange Juice now. I still don't quite know what I'm doing, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now. Like Long Live The Queen, it didn't seem like my kind of game, but I ended up really liking both.

The trick to winning Fights is to not want to win. That's been the case everytime I play.

BadRamen

I more or less only use the internet on my phone to order pizza, but I assume the option to join the GAF chat room is present on the mobile version of Steam Community (and even if it isn't, you could just switch to the desktop version).

Tried multiple browsers here on my iPad but none of the enter chat links work and accessing the group through the mobile app does not even have the group chat option! And switching to the desktop is defeating the purpose of not wanting to be on my desktop (or dislike using shift tab to chat mid game, whereas I can easily pick up my tablet at any time and put it down if the game demands my immediate attention). If others can complain about this thread not being "work safe" (I would argue many work environments, even gaming related ones, aren't going to be overly fond of you browsing GAF, especially the amount of time people like myself spend here, regardless of how "lewd" text and imagery might be), then I feel it isn't overstepping my boundaries saying that just telling people to "take it to group chat" isn't very helpful, more so considering it doesn't work on anything but desktop.

No malice intended in any of that! Love ya all! :)

So uh, how about that THIEF 2014? After finishing Pigsy's Perfect 10 DLC for Enslaved (very good by the way, a very needed and fun change in story feel! Liked it a lot), I put a few chapters into Thief. Gotta say, I am annoyed at how you have to choose a predetermined path that sometimes needs rather exact placement to trigger and I have just about zero desire to do any sidequests, but it really isn't hyperbole horrible! I will defffff finish this

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lost Civilization -- MB-3CE6849B57ED2F01 - Taken by Milamber

---

New Humble today?

StAidan

Yeah, go with normal. It takes a while to get reasonably challenging even then, IMO, but the highest difficulty definitely lives up to its name.

With the recent announcement of the four DLC's being included in the Steam edition of Dead Rising 3 I am now thinking of grabbing the game. But I have never actually played a DR game before. I have Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off The Record in my Steam library. Is there a large difference between the two? Which one would you guys recommend I download and play to see if if I actually like the series?

Zia

It's crack

Or, if you're one of the few posters on this forum with a PS Vita™. It's very good game (if a little overrated, in my opinion), but the Vita version is a busted mess.

With the recent announcement of the four DLC's being included in the Steam edition of Dead Rising 3 I am now thinking of grabbing the game. But I have never actually played a DR game before. I have Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off The Record in my Steam library. Is there a large difference between the two? Which one would you guys recommend I download and play to see if if I actually like the series?

I actually liked Dead Rising 1 and 3, but wasn't crazy about the 2s.

I think DR 3 is a pretty different game than DR1. The structure feels very different.

DR2 was way too samey without doing enough to make it feel fresh, and I felt that it lost some of the quirky tone from the first one. Maybe I would have liked it more if I hadn't played 1 before it, though.

JaseC

Tried multiple browsers here on my iPad but none of the enter chat links work and accessing the group through the mobile app does not even have the group chat option! And switching to the desktop is defeating the purpose of not wanting to be on my desktop (or dislike using shift tab to chat mid game, whereas I can easily pick up my tablet at any time and put it down if the game demands my immediate attention).

By "switch to the desktop version" I meant switch to the desktop version of the Steam Community site on your iPad, if the links weren't showing on the mobile version of the site. But since you said that the chat-related links don't function the point is moot. ;)

No, I wouldn't bother, because they radically changed the core structure/gameplay of DR3 to appeal to what one might call the Bro/Halo/CoD type of gamer in an attempt to sell to a wider audience, especially with it being a console exclusive launch title on the BroboxOne. So if you play DR2 or DR2:OTR (I'd recommend DR2 because I hate DR2 Frank West), you'll be experiencing something that might resemble what DR3 plays like, but you might be turned off by the save system or the time management aspects which I believe were basically torn out of DR3 unless you play on "Ultra Death Hyper Hardcore" mode [which I'm still skeptical is anything like DR or DR2].

I'd say watch some DR3 gameplay videos somewhere. If fighting hordes of zombies in all sorts of over the top ways appeals to you, you'll probably like it. Just get it from a trader while it's still $23 or less before a potential region lock.

BadRamen

I actually liked Dead Rising 1 and 3, but wasn't crazy about the 2s.

I think DR 3 is a pretty different game than DR1. The structure feels very different.

DR2 was way too samey without doing enough to make it feel fresh, and I felt that it lost some of the quirky tone from the first one. Maybe I would have liked it more if I hadn't played 1 before it, though.

Haven't played 3 outside of the demo but I agree otherwise. 1 was an amazing experience for me while 2 was good, it just seemed like it tried too hard to be campy and serious, while not doing so good on either side. I did prefer Off the Record, cause Frank West of course, but at least that game knew it was fucking around with the whole premise of it just basically being a fanfic. ;) Buuuuut 2 and 2: OtR have GFWL so best to avoid them until Capcopm gets their shit together. Heh.

By "switch to the desktop version" I meant switch to the desktop version of the Steam Community site on your iPad, if the links weren't showing on the mobile version of the site. But since you said that the chat-related links don't function the point is moot. ;)

Random personal truth: My buddies and I met a couple from Australia while getting our Las Vegas on and damn, some of the nicest people I have ever randomly started talking to! Learned that Foster beer is some bullshit and what a bogan was, so you are all good, my friend! :D

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
What happened with Shadownet? Why does he want to leave?
Hope you didn't hurt my bro's feelings you jerks

Caerith

Regarding her identity:
The Nerrisa you saw was actually glamoured Faith, and Faith's head was Nerrisa's.
I was asleep when you had this discussion, but what about
Lawrence? His story is he was able to see Faith's beauty even when she hid it, so wouldn't he be able to recognize her through a glamour? Yet during the trial, he didn't react at all when she showed up.

I came to the same conclusions you did,
because Lawrence was dead in my playthrough
, but still.

What happened with Shadownet? Why does he want to leave?
Hope you didn't hurt my bro's feelings you jerks

I only skimmed the last ten pages or so, but:

People: "We're going off-topic too much and need to rein it in."
Shadownet: "Okay I'll leave."

Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom