• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

PB730aY.jpg

First screenshots of Farming Simulator 2015 are up at PC Gamer.

Impressive. Most Impressive.

Looks like the game engine has undergone a healthy overhaul. Way more detail on the exposed engine parts, side mirrors, smoke-stack exhaust pipe textures, etc. Lighting looks more dynamic also.

Way more excited about this game than I should be.

I gave Professional Farmer 2014 a whirl, damn tractors don't go fast enough to create interesting crashes :(

Lomax

Random bundle leftovers

ModBot said:
Instructions for Lomax:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-C719E02D28C3DC52
Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty -- MB-7FC2E10BD9ABB34F - Taken by Boom Boom Pow

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
How does the 100% Orange Juice multiplayer work? Can you play with randoms or is it invite only? How's the population? Worth it for single player alone?

P.S. Stranded for less than 3€: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2026-stranded

You go through boards, choose a deck and character at the beginning of a round, at the end of a match you get experience which gets you towards levels, getting levels gets you goodies for cards to build different decks. You can stick in a lobby for multiple rounds, or play for a single one and leave. Also allows drop-in/drop-out, though when you leave you'll be replaced with a bot, and when you join in a mid-game you'll resume from where the bot was.

Can play with randoms or friends-only, can keep a lobby open or can put a password on the lobby. One kind of annoying thing is you can't join a friend directly through Steam but the lobby system the game has is easy and can actually sort by friend lobbies.

Only activity is pretty decent for a recently released game like this. Right now there's 75 people playing as we speak with a peak of 194 in the last 24 hours.

Probably not worth it for single player alone, though there is a story mode and playing single player is the only way to unlock different characters. But the AI can be cheating bastards, I swear.

BadRamen

Get these to play with your waifu

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BadRamen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread. Or don't, totally cool either way! :)
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site. (Or if you claim them for homies and homettes, tell a good story to the thread about playing it with your waifu
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thomas Was Alone waifu -- MB-D50171E1E6BB5B3A - Taken by Divius. 3 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus waifu -- MB-22FB6C86E59849F8 - Taken by devo1989. 4 entrants total.
VVVVVV waifu -- MB-9C157D721EA4D13F

t1406048791z1.png

Game seems decent, but I was watching a friend play it the other day and the cutscenes are special. We're talking like 10 minute length to cap off an 8 minute stage. Taking inspiration from Genesis-era Sonic design while also taking the over indulgent cutscenes of Sonic Adventure on.

Thankfully it seems like the cutscenes are completely optional, but they're just magical to behold.

Tektonic

I questioned modbot "my loot". What's this unclaimed?

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-71AAEEB54E155C1C - Taken by danhese007
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-97A583BBC9E7A8E3 - Taken by MMBosstones86
Mount & Blade (Steam) -- MB-2D01248A8126E9EF - Taken by PossumMeat

ulgzbKC.png
DATA HACKER - INITIATION (DESURA) -- MB-1B9F1EF632CEE873 - Taken by Tizoc. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-0C769FA2671CA153 - Taken by Chariot
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) -- MB-FA41F079126BD154 - Taken by cardinalmind

Mono

Mages can do wizardry without equipment, just right-click the empty hand. You should find a staff for him to use as early as level 1 or 2, though. Equipment boosts his wizarding abilities. It's probably in a secret room, so find those buttons!

And, to be clear, I meant that there isn't much room for error in the stats! I screwed up my minotaur by trying to add points to every category and in the end he wasn't skilled enough to swing the best axe or mace. The stat tips I posted earlier are the way to go for each class; for example, there is no dagger good enough for the rogue and her best weapon is the crossbow, so there's no reason to put even 1 point in the 'daggers' skill.

Oh, that's useful!
Too mad I've gone and got him killed already from falling into traps, oops!
Rogues really are pretty useless in the early game, then.

Do all of the secret buttons look the same?

Ah, okay! Thanks!

Jørdan;122135899 said:
Mages just have sweet glowing hands from all the resonating energies and elicit magiks emanating from their fingertips.

Best kind of mage!

Tektonic

Chariot

I questioned modbot "my loot". What's this unclaimed?

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-71AAEEB54E155C1C - Taken by danhese007
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-97A583BBC9E7A8E3 - Taken by MMBosstones86
Mount & Blade (Steam) -- MB-2D01248A8126E9EF - Taken by PossumMeat

ulgzbKC.png
DATA HACKER - INITIATION (DESURA) -- MB-1B9F1EF632CEE873 - Taken by Tizoc. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-0C769FA2671CA153 - Taken by Chariot
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) -- MB-FA41F079126BD154 - Taken by cardinalmind
Thanks for Red Alert!

Aaron D.

I gave Professional Farmer 2014 a whirl, damn tractors don't go fast enough to create interesting crashes :(

PF14 seemed like a legitimate attempt from UIG to reboot their reputation as a sim-shovelware pusher, but they just didn't have the follow-through to keep up with their promises.

They did address some basic user issues post-launch, which is a first for them, so I'll give them credit for that. However, the game engine is simply too unoptimized at this point. It looks great (even better than FS13), but it runs like absolute garbage. That's whey FS13 simply "feels" better to play.

It's nice to have competition even in a niche market like Mundane Vehicle Simulators, so hopefully UIG can keep some forward momentum going with the Pro Farmer series.

lfvgt

Neo Member
I swear every morning this place gets weirder and weirder. I should go back to bed.

I'm always trying to think what I should post here since I'm an old time lurker (sort of, actually) and I wanna participate in the discussions, but all the weirdness frightens me sometimes.

More more more
ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (shykyoichi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Civilization III -- MB-4916BB3D942F2BD1 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-781F2566F94293C0 - Taken by devonodev. 2 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator 2013 -- MB-8B64DA5EF3CA9CA6 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 2 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-3EE6D5C6BD4A22CC - Taken by _hekk05. 5 entrants total.
Draw a Stickman -- MB-5589364FE5B4BD04
The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic -- MB-2D806FB5BC4E4F18 - Taken by Locust. 1 entrants total.
Bridge Project -- MB-DAECCE38CB014EAA - Taken by Sharkiller. 3 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming -- MB-20EC22D4884AE011 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Galcon Legends -- MB-6241130980637245 - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-EC58F61EC17061B5 - Taken by xeris. 4 entrants total.
Galcon Fusion -- MB-232DB6C1117C2823 - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-EA2F6D847A0A3884
Professional Farmer 2014 -- MB-8B1C09DBB89283C7 - Taken by Melted77. 4 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-C176CB67FEDFA1F8 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1406124993z1.png

Jawmuncher

His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"

We got ourselves a real author here

It's about on par with the Doom Comic Book.
It was written better but was absolutely nuts.

His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."

This is magical! Apparently a cup of coffee is all it takes to appreciate true art.

kudoboi

woah the dark souls 2 season pass is currently top seller.

also, this thread moves way too fast. i usually just go to the last page because there are too many pages to catch up

Anustart

PF14 seemed like a legitimate attempt from UIG to reboot their reputation as a sim-shovelware pusher, but they just didn't have the follow-through to keep up with their promises.

They did address some basic user issues post-launch, which is a first for them, so I'll give them credit for that. However, the game engine is simply too unoptimized at this point. It looks great (even better than FS13), but it runs like absolute garbage. That's whey FS13 simply "feels" better to play.

It's nice to have competition even in a niche market like Mundane Vehicle Simulators, so hopefully UIG can keep some forward momentum going with the Pro Farmer series.

I can confirm it runs like shit. Before I grabbed my new gpu and was using my integrated, I got maybe 5 fps. I had some beautiful games that would run on integrated.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Asimov? Clarke? Douglas Adams? Pfft, this is the real deal.

If I worked at Bethesda I'd find a way to put this shit in Doom 4. It has to happen.

kami_sama

my new components for the PC should arrive tomorrow. Any good games to test?
Either crazy graphics or simulation or modding.
Will try Skyrim and KSP modded to almost the point of CTDs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
4+ hours of Toy Soldiers and I still have one drop remaining. Ridiculous. This shouldn't have taken more than ~90 minutes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I remember Awesomenauts had like 8 cards and each drop took 1 hour...

There was a voice in the back of my head saying I should just idle in a three-card game instead, but I figured I had plenty of time for six cards to drop before Enco would come online again -- and I did... in theory. My goal was to get the cards and then finish the final 2-3 missions I have left in Fable: TLC, but that's not going to happen tonight.

Edit: Not because of Enco, just to be clear (it's not like he's yelling at me to get off). But rather it's 10:30pm and I can't be bothered.

Hugstable

Banned
4+ hours of Toy Soldiers and I still have one drop remaining. Ridiculous. This shouldn't have taken more than ~90 minutes.

Sounds like my Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon experience. Back when it came out and first had cards, 6 hours in the game and not a single drop. It wasn't until about 2 months ago that I attempted it again and it still took like 4 hours for 3 cards.

I'm surprised at the lack of impressions and reviews for the dark souls 2 dlc :/

Eh it's still pretty new and those who usually do impressions are still exploring the content. I would like to know how long the DLC is so we can have an idea how long the DLC in total will be. Pretty excited since I haven't started DS2 but I already own it and the Season pass for once I beat the first game. Gonna be nice to have all the content available to me by the time I play just like Dark Souls Prepare to Die.

StAidan

So do I. What's worse is that the people who post this stuff know full well the type of reaction it gets and don't care. They are just going for shock / weirdness factor. Not very "communal" behavior. Furthermore, I can no longer read this thread at work which really sucks.

I had to laugh at this because I'm kind of in the opposite position. I can view this thread at work because I have a private office, but it's harder for me to read it at home because I don't want any questions from my wife or kids about bouncing waifu boobs and butt simulators.

chronomac

anyone knows how much it will cost?

I believe it launched at $12.99 on Vita so somewhere around there. Hopefully there will be a a discount for day one purchases. I'd probably throw $10 down for it. I'm also hoping for a demo but I'm not holding my breath.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think this might beat it though
Hahahhaa the fuck? Is this for real? I love how the guy invented a new term, quarter-life, while totally failing to understand what half-life means (it's about radioactive decay and not the amount of lives a person owns). I'm also surprised at the fact that he got Gordon's name right near the end.

"OH NO HOW DID COME Headcrab!"
"Watch where you balance fun I thank you"
"I take the isotope and it will fit!"
"IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH MY DEMANS"
"Ew must escapes here fastly"

This is all worthy of appearing in Zero Wing, right beside "All your base are belong to us" and "Somebody set up us the bomb".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom