• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
w00t, I only entered for 100% Orange Juice.

wyhyFaW.png

Edit: And I got only a PM for Flatout 2..wat

How is that even possible.

Did modbot just dun goof?

FlatOut 2 -- MB-F2DD2098CCBA125C - Taken by Autofokus. 15 entrants total.
FlatOut -- MB-F2DD2098CCBA125C - Taken by Autofokus. 15 entrants total.
100% Orange Juice -- MB-F2DD2098CCBA125C - Taken by Autofokus. 15 entrants total.

Holy shit lol.

100% Orange Juice -- MB-F2DD2098CCBA125C - Taken by Autofokus. 15 entrants total.

ModBot seems to have favorites now.

Mono

Oh, no, there is little room for error! The stats should tell you what they actually do if you hover (at least they do once you're in the dungeon and leveling up). You will want maybe 10 points in armor for your warriors, 10 points in willpower for the mage and 10 points dexterity for your rogue. Then dump everything into swords for one warrior, axes for the other, fire magic for the mage and missile weapons for the rogue. The best weapons for each class are in those categories.

There's more to it but I don't want to page a 10 page post...

That's good! I don't like it when games with stat customization expect you to min/max and leave no room for error. :X Thanks for the tips!

Also, is there any particular reason why my magebro's hands are glowing blue? Was the game just trying to show me how to put items in my party members' hands or do mages just have sweet glowy hands in this game?

Chariot

Booo! I call hacks
If you look closely you'll see the MB code is identical among three games. He didn't enter and win three separate giveaways.
You destroyed the suspense :(

Arthea

Imagine lying down in bed playing with your "games". Browsing your "stuff" network shared from your main PC.

I do all that and much more with my trusted laptop, except not from my main PC, but then again, what's the difference?
And I need a laptop, for other reasons than having fun,
although mostly for having fun

Also I can game on my main PC... in bed, that's how I planned my bedroom from the start.
that's dirtiest secret you'll ever get from me, but here, it is out (><)

Only... it doesn't work with most PC games, because of damn tiny text and icons. Dear devs, think on that, it's high time!

derExperte

Playfire just posted some rewards for it, as well:

• Freedom Planet - unlock Treasure Hunter - £0.10
  • Freedom Planet - unlock Motorcycle Finish - £0.10
  • Freedom Planet - unlock Secret Melody - £0.10
  • Freedom Planet - unlock Preemptive Strike I - £0.40

And it has cards that will probably be worth more than usual. Almost makes up for no launch discount.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I figured out that the codes were all one code when I was checking Modbot's log for Man Puncher's giveaway. For those who are curious, if the codes weren't all the same code, the other two winners would of been celsowmbr and Knurek, or at the least it cued up these users but dropped it.
I'm still learning how to read the logs

Autofokus

All that jelly.
ModBot AI just recognize the most wonderful people and rewards them accordingly!

Seriously, I only entered for dat pure Orange Juice. Don't know what happened there.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
"Win". I am honestly annoyed now. We don't have a secret society here whose only purpose is to spam SteamGAF. Yes, it is the right decision to just talk about what ever you want to talk, its correct to tell people, if you get uncomfortable, but I honestly don't like the way to talk. We're not a war, we're not playing a meta game. We're a bunch of humans in a thread, no need for "if we don't fight, they'll win. You can talk to me, to shadownet, to anyone, you know? Do we look that unreasonable? Are we an mustache twirling force that threatens to destory everything out of pure malice?

I am sorry for drifting things up again, but I feel somewhat insulted.
I agree with what you say, and I know you don't do it out of malice or anything. But there's one thing I am forced to ask of you, and you leave me no choice:

CLOSE THOSE QUOTATION MARKS, PLEASE! It's making me mad :p

Chariot

I agree with what you say, and I know you don't do it out of malice or anything. But there's one thing I am forced to ask of you, and you leave me no choice:

CLOSE THOSE QUOTATION MARKS, PLEASE! It's making me mad :p
Haha, yeah, sorry. Closed them. That happens when I write my posts not chronological.

Ban Puncher

Let's try this again. RE-RE-RE ROLL.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FlatOut 2 -- MB-D8361FD9701DA3A9 - Taken by Kiru. 6 entrants total.
FlatOut -- MB-F30C33C5F17229B4 - Taken by Egamer. 4 entrants total.
100% Orange Juice -- MB-BBF6781DAB473F17 - Taken by Knurek. 17 entrants total.

t1406038350z1.png

All that jelly.
ModBot AI just recognize the most wonderful people and rewards them accordingly!

Seriously, I only entered for dat pure Orange Juice. Don't know what happened there.

You gotta accept my Friend Request so I can gift you the game, duder.

Tektonic

All this dell venue pro 8 talk - I know there was a thread about it in OT, but any suggestions for steam games w/ Bluetooth mouse? (Hunt and peck ain't so great)

If you are on the fence about buying one, maybe suggestions will help. I have one, and finding it useful just for video watching and comics.. Gaming seems flawed.

Also, finally started playing the witcher 1 today. Once I worked out fighting w/ mouse (not track pad) it's OK. Question: where to get torch (merchants keep disappearing!)

aku:jiki

That's good! I don't like it when games with stat customization expect you to min/max and leave no room for error. :X Thanks for the tips!

Also, is there any particular reason why my magebro's hands are glowing blue? Was the game just trying to show me how to put items in my party members' hands or do mages just have sweet glowy hands in this game?
Mages can do wizardry without equipment, just right-click the empty hand. You should find a staff for him to use as early as level 1 or 2, though. Equipment boosts his wizarding abilities. It's probably in a secret room, so find those buttons!

And, to be clear, I meant that there isn't much room for error in the stats! I screwed up my minotaur by trying to add points to every category and in the end he wasn't skilled enough to swing the best axe or mace. The stat tips I posted earlier are the way to go for each class; for example, there is no dagger good enough for the rogue and her best weapon is the crossbow, so there's no reason to put even 1 point in the 'daggers' skill.

Grief.exe

All this dell venue pro 8 talk - I know there was a thread about it in OT, but any suggestions for steam games w/ Bluetooth mouse? (Hunt and peck ain't so great)

If you are on the fence about buying one, maybe suggestions will help. I have one, and finding it useful just for video watching and comics.. Gaming seems flawed.

Also, finally started playing the witcher 1 today. Once I worked out fighting w/ mouse (not track pad) it's OK. Question: where to get torch (merchants keep disappearing!)

Divinity OS can be entirely mouse controlled I believe.

Connecting a controller is also an excellent option.

Aaron D.

PB730aY.jpg

First screenshots of Farming Simulator 2015 are up at PC Gamer.

Impressive. Most Impressive.

Looks like the game engine has undergone a healthy overhaul. Way more detail on the exposed engine parts, side mirrors, smoke-stack exhaust pipe textures, etc. Lighting looks more dynamic also.

Way more excited about this game than I should be.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm afraid to ask, how many version of glorious FMs you have by now.

Just 8:

fmbajs2.jpg

I've yet to start with the Korean versions, but BoomBoomPow will be in SK for the next ~six months and has agreed to help me out so I can avoid international shipping fees (I only need the keys, after all). I haven't been able to find a copy of Football Manager 2009 on the two popular Korean auction sites I know of, though, and BBP says he doesn't live anywhere near a games store that stocks PC games, so I may have to make a thread calling for SK-GAF's help on that one.

If I can track down FM2009 Korean, I'll have every Steam-friendly FM game (excluding the ones that were ultimately cast aside and not released, like FM 2013 Turkish).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom