• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GMG's discount on Skyrim DLC is... 33%

lol oh honey, how shitty you have become

Ozium

yesterday i tried to play counter strike GO with my xbox 360 controller but i couldnt control the camera with the right analog for some reason :S , why is that??

Ph6Ei.gif

MTE

yesterday i tried to play counter strike GO with my xbox 360 controller but i couldnt control the camera with the right analog for some reason :S , why is that??

I tried the same. The menus have the right icons, and you can bind the buttons, but not movement or camera. So strange.

Edit: Maybe it's just for Steam controllers?

MRORANGE

I haven't really explained this to newcomers after the Steam Sale, but I would appreciate if you had a quick look at the OP and realize how these recommendations get submitted and how you can help out:

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for August (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in August that is on Steam.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 30th July

Games / Gaffers:
Residue - BinaryPork2737
Ultra Street Fighter - MRORANGE
Shadowgate - Hugstable
Metro Last Light Redux - Demon Lizardman

Games you could recommend for next month that have not been taken:
Recruits
ss_7e19eff3dd502b864eb16303e0cd7c93f9d80414.1920x1080.jpg

Sacred 3
ss_c74b690bd486cd687dfe69c0201292cb592aa3fd.1920x1080.jpg

Project Cyber
ss_7dd92fb81b594b079ce3323328905ed3d1d30552.1920x1080.jpg

Road Not Taken
ss_aed38c7c4aba55ca0253c28d2c46555b7683687b.1920x1080.jpg

Risen 3 - Titan Lords
ss_0b26a30a0d9d1b64a16fb5e00d83ded157b4384a.1920x1080.jpg

Hatoful Boyfriend
ss_99894413efc3f44a221be27aa395ca0d86e142a4.1920x1080.jpg

Dollhouse: Room 1313
ss_bc134c1cfaa7f81aaf89b3dadc1c0c33c685580a.1920x1080.jpg

Shelter 2
ss_ad240fb81d0b44e75c0b488a3cd109df0113a1c6.1920x1080.jpg
(REMEMBER! SEND A PM!)

Those are just a few games, you can do others as long as they are not taken by other gaffers, if you have any questions send a PM, thanks.​

Strider

I actually prefer using a controller over Mouse/Keyboard for most FPS games but there is absolutely no way I'd try that in CS:GO. I do bad enough as it is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
To be fair, that is primarily Bethesda's decision.

no its not. I bet bathesda said "50% like every other place" and GMG went "ok, well put it 33% and with the 20% voucher it becomes 50%" when in the old days they would put 50% and take the loss on the voucher

no its not. I bet bathesda said "50% like every other place" and GMG went "ok, well put it 33% and with the 20% voucher it becomes 50%" when in the old days they would put 50% and take the loss on the voucher

If we want to go into theories without any proof, my bet is on the illuminati

Tizoc

Anyone have impressions for Project Cyber?
I should have key for the beta that I hadn't redeemed yet...

Scipius

Here you go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mata Hari -- MB-0F507AD8ABB417A2 - Taken by ßthePenguin. 8 entrants total.

t1405874889z1.png

Rhaknar

If we want to go into theories without any proof, my bet is on the illuminati

just going from what GMG used to do, and Skyrim's DLC discount on every site for the last few months, is all.

yGray

Banned
Played a few minutes of Sleeping Dogs after not touching it for more than a year. Damn, this game is good.

Also, I think it looks a lot better than most of the PS4 games I have tried so far.

Sleeping Dogs is sooo soo good. I actually wouldn't mind if they made a movie out of this. The writing and story are just so great. I love this game. It's sequel would be one of my most anticipated games if it were to be made.

Monooboe

One Finger Death Punch, DmC 2013, Lost Planet 3 if you have them.
What's your steam backlog like? List some titles brah.

Oh the backlog is huge haha, but I have a smaller backlog of titles that I put into my Favorites, those that I plan to play next, even that is 70 games... I only have DmC of those you mentioned, I've tried to get into it but I fear that those kind of games aren't my thing anymore, used to like them.o_O

Instead of writing a huge list here, follow this link to a screenshot of my next up, some are for DLC and some are half finished.XD
Steam Favorites

I tried the same. The menus have the right icons, and you can bind the buttons, but not movement or camera. So strange.

Edit: Maybe it's just for Steam controllers?

i got it now , you have to open the console and type exec controller.360.cfg , i think you have to do it every time you open the game but is not that hard to do

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
new topic?
I barely checked on the last one!

being swamped with work sucks :(

Sleeping Dogs is sooo soo good. I actually wouldn't mind if they made a movie out of this. The writing and story are just so great. I love this game. It's sequel would be one of my most anticipated games if it were to be made.

I keep getting the urge to pick this up from time to time, since it seems to be on sale every other week. But I'm not sure. Does it lean more serious or more zany fun? I like games like Saints Row or Just Cause 2, but the Rockstar games have never done very much for me. Can't really get a read on the tone of this guy.

MTE

i got it now , you have to open the console and type exec controller.360.cfg , i think you have to do it every time you open the game but is not that hard to do

Thanks for the tip! I'm so going to try that. Though, as people have implied, it's hardly a winning strategy >_>

Vuze

Played a few minutes of Sleeping Dogs after not touching it for more than a year. Damn, this game is good.

Also, I think it looks a lot better than most of the PS4 games I have tried so far.

I sooo gotta replay this. I hope the uncut patch I applied when I downloaded it a few weeks back does its job. Got screwed by Humble assuming buying it from them would yield me the uncut version in Germany. But apparently not. Screw german censorship shit. Atleast I played the uncut version on PS3 when it was originally released.

yGray

Banned
I keep getting the urge to pick this up from time to time, since it seems to be on sale every other week. But I'm not sure. Does it lean more serious or more zany fun? I like games like Saints Row or Just Cause 2, but the Rockstar games have never done very much for me. Can't really get a read on the tone of this guy.

It's practically a modern martial arts film. It's amazing. The tone is fairly serious but there is a light hearted brutal side to it. I 100% recommend it. It's not crazy like Saints Row is but it's not really like GTA either.

rtcn63

What's the story behind this thread's title? Another gaffer mishap like "Every time improve..."?

Weird comings and goings in the last two days of the previous steam thread. Magnanimous giveaways doled out in triplicate, sky blue ninjas winning their own hearts with a tune and twirl. It's all very end of the world.

Anteater

hmm, TR underworld animations don't feel as smooth as the previous games

I don't like her new face either :(

Graphics are nice tho

It's practically a modern martial arts film. It's amazing. The tone is fairly serious but there is a light hearted brutal side to it. I 100% recommend it. It's not crazy like Saints Row is but it's not really like GTA either.

Interesting, so does it actually have a cool hand to hand combat engine? The actual meat of the combat tends to be a failure in lots of open world games, so it would be cool to have one with an actual deep fighting engine in it. Thanks for the info BTW.

Weird comings and goings in the last two days of the previous steam thread. Magnanimous giveaways doled out in triplicate, sky blue ninjas winning their own hearts with a tune and twirl. It's all very end of the world.
??? so basically this answer by JaseC below:
Sub Zero was taunted into entering his own giveaway and by some stroke of (bad) luck managed to win.
What a twist.

Gurumin on my Steam (Greenlight) Yes, Please! Hope more N Falcom games cross the pond for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom